Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,461 members, 7,854,012 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 09:33 AM

Top Ten Things That Will Happen If Nigerian Churches Build Factories - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top Ten Things That Will Happen If Nigerian Churches Build Factories (772 Views)

Dangerous Attitudes Amongst Nigerian Churches In The Diaspora / How Nigerian Churches Are Taking Advantage Of Technology To Make Global Impact / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Ten Things That Will Happen If Nigerian Churches Build Factories by Abjay97(m): 9:32am On Nov 28, 2018
By Jayamma Abanobi

Last week, the 100,000-seater Glory dome was dedicated in Abuja amidst various shouts of joy and happiness. However, the news did not go down well with some who think the billions of naira spent on the massive edifice should have been channelled to building of industries and factories as most Nigerians are without jobs. Don’t get me wrong; the church is already an employer of mass employment in Nigeria. Bishop Oyedepo is reputed to have about 50,000 people under direct employment. However we are looking at the effects of the massive criticism Nigerian churches have faced regarding building expensive churches and cathedrals amidst the teeming poverty population in Nigeria.

Though I don’t agree with this, (churches building more factories) because I think it is the duty of the Nigerian government to provide jobs, here are ten things that will happen if Nigerian churches start building industries instead of preaching the gospel!

1. They will be criticised: The fact remains, that no matter what you do, you cannot please everybody at the same time; some people will still be against you; and this is exactly what will happen if Nigerian churches bow to the pressure of building industries. People will come out and say things like “Why are you leading the congregation astray? Don’t you want them to make heaven? “You should build churches and give the people a good place to worship God” These statements and many more will abound if the Nigerian church actually start building industries.

2. Nigerian Government will become Lazier: Yes! Finally!! We have found someone that will do our jobs, all we have to do is carry out massive propaganda and keep the masses silent! Providing enough jobs has been something the Nigerian government has not been able to do for decades, majorly due to the in-depth corruption in the government. It will be answered prayers for them to get more corrupt when churches begin to build industries unless God touches their hearts to do otherwise. It can only take the hand of the almighty!

3. The Church Focus will be lost: The scriptures made it clear that Christ’s followers should go into the world and preach the gospel as recorded in Matthew chapter 28 verses 19. You can imagine a church solely focused on factories! Of course it won’t go down well with critics and besides the church will be ridiculed as a mere business enterprise.

4. The Church will be taxed: In Nigeria, religion bodies are not taxed. But if Nigerian churches start doling out factories instead of churches, the government will ensure they are taxed. This is true given the fact that billions will be freely flowing into the church.

5. More Employment: Sure, the unemployment rate in Nigeria will drop massively. Take a time and think of how it would be if Nigerian churches used the money meant for massive edifices and cathedrals to fund the building of factories! It will be really massive! But the question remains- What is the job if the Nigerian Government?

6. Unhealthy Competition: Due to the assumed fact that Nigerian churches now build industries, there will be a trending unhealthy completion by churches to outdo each other in building of factories or industries. Though with regards to the business world, this is a welcome idea; however it will not go down well with church leaders worldwide who will see this competition as a clear distraction from spiritual duties.

7. More Nigerians will become Christians: Take a look at the religion landscape in Nigeria; you will undoubtedly believe that the country is multi religious- divided almost equally between Christians and Muslims. Building factories by churches, (which is now a heated debate in Nigeria) will make Nigerians from other religions and beliefs to flock churches in a passionate bid to see that they are employed. Adversely, this will have a negative effect on the integrity some of these churches have already built.

8. Pastors will be richer: In the list of top ten richest pastors worldwide, a whooping five are Nigerians. This is not surprising because of the religious atmosphere in Nigeria. Building more factories/industries means more money will flow into the church and pastors will have more money.

9. Corruption Cases against Churches: Due to the fact that so much money will now be made by the church, corruption agencies like EFCC (Economic Financial Crimes Commission) will be keen to investigate churches and scandals could arise from such investigations. Leading to corruption cases opened up against the church and clergy.

10. Nigerian Government will become weaker: Currently, the Nigerian government slightly battles respect with religious bodies in Nigeria due to the fact that Nigerians are religious. In this, I mean most Nigerians prefer to obey religious leaders than the government. Doing the job of the government by building industries by churches will no doubt, snatch the little respect Nigerians have reserved for constituted authority; hence making the government weaker and less relevant.

https://www./2018/11/top-ten-things-that-will-happen-if_28.html?m=1

2 Shares

Re: Top Ten Things That Will Happen If Nigerian Churches Build Factories by jay2pee(m): 9:37am On Nov 28, 2018
On point though

FCT
Re: Top Ten Things That Will Happen If Nigerian Churches Build Factories by jay2pee(m): 9:37am On Nov 28, 2018
On point though

FCT
Re: Top Ten Things That Will Happen If Nigerian Churches Build Factories by Immanuels7(m): 10:23am On Nov 28, 2018
That is a point OP but I dont agree with all tho

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Ten Things That Will Happen If Nigerian Churches Build Factories by HigherEd: 1:35pm On Nov 28, 2018
America has lost 60,000 factories in the past 10 years, yet i don't see trump or his people calling on TD jakes or copeland or anyother of the 380,000 churches to come and build industries. The leadership of the country put on their thinking cap and went to work.

If you are waiting for churches to build industries in nigeria you would wait till Jesus comes

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Ten Things That Will Happen If Nigerian Churches Build Factories by Immanuels7(m): 4:16pm On Nov 28, 2018
lala
Re: Top Ten Things That Will Happen If Nigerian Churches Build Factories by Abjay97(m): 4:18pm On Nov 28, 2018
HigherEd:
America has lost 60,000 factories in the past 10 years, yet i don't see trump or his people calling on TD jakes or copeland or anyother of the 380,000 churches to come and build industries. The leadership of the country put on their thinking cap and went to work.

If you are waiting for churches to build industries in nigeria you would wait till Jesus comes
Very valid point bro.. dont mind daddy freeze
Re: Top Ten Things That Will Happen If Nigerian Churches Build Factories by Anas09: 10:44pm On Nov 28, 2018
Aside committing adultery with another man's wife, what has Freeze achieved for himself? Is MC a Carrier?

How old is he, shouldn't he be an employer of labour by now? Does he have a kiosk to his name?

Check the age difference between Enenche and Freeze, the difference won't be much. Enenche is a doer, while Freeze is a talker. Hoping he'd become something by talking stupidly.
Re: Top Ten Things That Will Happen If Nigerian Churches Build Factories by correctguy101(m): 11:57pm On Nov 28, 2018
I for one don't expect churches to start building factories. And I'm sure the "build factories instead of churches " crew don't want that too for they should already know that any factory built by any religious body will only /mostly accept its members or try to coerce others into membership.

Its not the job of the churches to start building factories, its the job of every citizen and government. Although some churches already has institutions where many of the citizenry are gainfully employed(mostly members though)

Church matter too dey annoy some people and I dey wonder why.
Una go rush come say dem be devil pikin but that's the problem with "knowing " certain things. Its always like a burden.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Ten Things That Will Happen If Nigerian Churches Build Factories by Nobody: 12:16am On Nov 29, 2018
Abjay97:
By Jayamma Abanobi

Last week, the 100,000-seater Glory dome was dedicated in Abuja amidst various shouts of joy and happiness. However, the news did not go down well with some who think the billions of naira spent on the massive edifice should have been channelled to building of industries and factories as most Nigerians are without jobs. Don’t get me wrong; the church is already an employer of mass employment in Nigeria. Bishop Oyedepo is reputed to have about 50,000 people under direct employment. However we are looking at the effects of the massive criticism Nigerian churches have faced regarding building expensive churches and cathedrals amidst the teeming poverty population in Nigeria.

Though I don’t agree with this, (churches building more factories) because I think it is the duty of the Nigerian government to provide jobs, here are ten things that will happen if Nigerian churches start building industries instead of preaching the gospel!

1. They will be criticised: The fact remains, that no matter what you do, you cannot please everybody at the same time; some people will still be against you; and this is exactly what will happen if Nigerian churches bow to the pressure of building industries. People will come out and say things like “Why are you leading the congregation astray? Don’t you want them to make heaven? “You should build churches and give the people a good place to worship God” These statements and many more will abound if the Nigerian church actually start building industries.

2. Nigerian Government will become Lazier: Yes! Finally!! We have found someone that will do our jobs, all we have to do is carry out massive propaganda and keep the masses silent! Providing enough jobs has been something the Nigerian government has not been able to do for decades, majorly due to the in-depth corruption in the government. It will be answered prayers for them to get more corrupt when churches begin to build industries unless God touches their hearts to do otherwise. It can only take the hand of the almighty!

3. The Church Focus will be lost: The scriptures made it clear that Christ’s followers should go into the world and preach the gospel as recorded in Matthew chapter 28 verses 19. You can imagine a church solely focused on factories! Of course it won’t go down well with critics and besides the church will be ridiculed as a mere business enterprise.

4. The Church will be taxed: In Nigeria, religion bodies are not taxed. But if Nigerian churches start doling out factories instead of churches, the government will ensure they are taxed. This is true given the fact that billions will be freely flowing into the church.

5. More Employment: Sure, the unemployment rate in Nigeria will drop massively. Take a time and think of how it would be if Nigerian churches used the money meant for massive edifices and cathedrals to fund the building of factories! It will be really massive! But the question remains- What is the job if the Nigerian Government?

6. Unhealthy Competition: Due to the assumed fact that Nigerian churches now build industries, there will be a trending unhealthy completion by churches to outdo each other in building of factories or industries. Though with regards to the business world, this is a welcome idea; however it will not go down well with church leaders worldwide who will see this competition as a clear distraction from spiritual duties.

7. More Nigerians will become Christians: Take a look at the religion landscape in Nigeria; you will undoubtedly believe that the country is multi religious- divided almost equally between Christians and Muslims. Building factories by churches, (which is now a heated debate in Nigeria) will make Nigerians from other religions and beliefs to flock churches in a passionate bid to see that they are employed. Adversely, this will have a negative effect on the integrity some of these churches have already built.

8. Pastors will be richer: In the list of top ten richest pastors worldwide, a whooping five are Nigerians. This is not surprising because of the religious atmosphere in Nigeria. Building more factories/industries means more money will flow into the church and pastors will have more money.

9. Corruption Cases against Churches: Due to the fact that so much money will now be made by the church, corruption agencies like EFCC (Economic Financial Crimes Commission) will be keen to investigate churches and scandals could arise from such investigations. Leading to corruption cases opened up against the church and clergy.

10. Nigerian Government will become weaker: Currently, the Nigerian government slightly battles respect with religious bodies in Nigeria due to the fact that Nigerians are religious. In this, I mean most Nigerians prefer to obey religious leaders than the government. Doing the job of the government by building industries by churches will no doubt, snatch the little respect Nigerians have reserved for constituted authority; hence making the government weaker and less relevant.

https://www./2018/11/top-ten-things-that-will-happen-if_28.html?m=1

You hit the nail on the coffin.
Re: Top Ten Things That Will Happen If Nigerian Churches Build Factories by Abjay97(m): 9:36am On Nov 29, 2018
correctguy101:
I for one don't expect churches to start building factories. And I'm sure the "build factories instead of churches " crew don't want that too for they should already know that any factory built by any religious body will only /mostly accept its members or try to coerce others into membership.

Its not the job of the churches to start building factories, its the job of every citizen and government. Although some churches already has institutions where many of the citizenry are gainfully employed(mostly members though)

Church matter too dey annoy some people and I dey wonder why.
Una go rush come say dem be devil pikin but that's the problem with "knowing " certain things. Its always like a burden.

Thats what i keep trying to tell people
Re: Top Ten Things That Will Happen If Nigerian Churches Build Factories by Immanuels7(m): 9:39am On Nov 29, 2018
Daddy Freeze is one big scam of a guy.. Person wey don divorce him wife o

Re: Top Ten Things That Will Happen If Nigerian Churches Build Factories by InansBobo(m): 11:00pm On Nov 29, 2018
One thing I like about all these is that wailers will keep on wailing. Nothing will change, churches are not meant to build industries, our mother church didn't teach us that, the help we can give the govt is to build schools and hospitals and orphanages and that's any church that can do it well (Some catholic dioceses are now distracted in this aspect as things happen in these schools I know of).

I remember one lady coming to nairaland to say Winners chapel requested for her membership, leadership and tithe card during Interview for a job at the secondary school. If they build industry now, you guys will say they are competing to get members. Everyone is sent to a particular group of people so let's all face our assignment and not bow down to stupid criticism

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of Alaba Gospel Selection Mixtape With Johnwealth Music And Allbaze / Nmagha Jehovah Storms The City Of Port Harcourt / Abuja Young Pastor Ranks Among Richest Pastors In Nigeria With #3B Net-worth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.