Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,697 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos (18757 Views)

New Terminal Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport Commissioned By Buhari / The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor / TECNO Beautifies Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by NaijaRoyelty: 11:22am On Nov 29, 2018
OP

Stop disgracing yourself on a public forum

You pay for trolleys in some parts of united states airports like someone rightly said above

2 Likes

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by Bustincole(m): 11:22am On Nov 29, 2018
Everytin na money in Lagos

imagin if we are payin for talkin, Lagos will be the most xpensive charges for talkin

1 Like

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by Tats(m): 11:22am On Nov 29, 2018
By the way its not only Lagos Airport. They collect money in Abuja too.

3 Likes

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by thegreengooner(m): 11:22am On Nov 29, 2018
Trolleys are not free to use in many airports around the world.

There are a few exceptions such as London Heathrow, Dubai, and HIA Doha but in most places you pay to use trolleys.

At some airports such as Dallas Fort Worth, you can get your coin deposit back when you return the trolley.

I have no issues with receipted payments in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by sylva1(m): 11:22am On Nov 29, 2018
And there are several of them lurking round the corner. Once you give to one of them, others will come after you and disturb your peace until you are embarrassingly forced to give to each and everyone of them. I fell into their trap once.

NnamdiN:
was so pissed the day one put that thing on me. I thought it was free until she said I had to pay, I gave her 5h, she refused o, insisted I had to pay 2k5 shocked shocked shocked
I was about to do something really stupid, my cousin had to give her the money to save all of us the embarrassment.

I think it's only Lagos airport that has such issues.

3 Likes

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by hisgrace090: 11:23am On Nov 29, 2018
matuskyoo7:
Civil servant are more corrupt than the politicians

Nigerian corruption spreading daily.
Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by GenFunction: 11:23am On Nov 29, 2018
oh my nation
Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by Otsam(m): 11:23am On Nov 29, 2018
Funlag:
na 5h bro

It's 150 naira i still paid that two weeks ago and collected receipt to my surprise. Though they told me 1500 initially, i was so surprised to pay for trolley.

1 Like

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by Rexnegro(m): 11:24am On Nov 29, 2018
op nice job, you no lie op, the truth is the leaders of faan sees and know all these complains but chose not to do anything since one way or another they benefit from it hugely. too bad . didn't use it last time I traveled cos was with boxes that has tyres , I pull my tinz myself.
Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by cocolacec(m): 11:26am On Nov 29, 2018
Lukgaf:
Dear nairalanders,

Why things are done differently in Nigeria? Of all airports I have been to, it is so embarrassing, only Nigeria's airports (Muritala Muhammad Airport in particular) collect money for trolley from customers arriving/departing the country. The most unfortunate part is, those guys in charge sometimes pretend they do not have change so that you can forfeit your remaining money. If you tell them you don't have money, they will even ask you to bring foreign currency...

It is very disheartening because foreigners are been asked to pay before they can take/use too. Imagine, what they will be saying about our country when they get to their place?

We call on the Federal Government to kindly see to this.

Please, let's keep sharing this till it gets to those in charge. Enough of all these international embarrassments in our airport.

https://www.change.org/p/nigerian-government-stop-nigerian-immigration-officials-from-demanding-bribes-at-the-airports
Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by mr1759: 11:27am On Nov 29, 2018
Trolley are free in countries I have been to in Europe and Asia

3 Likes

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by freezze(m): 11:27am On Nov 29, 2018
Its free here in DXB
Lexusgs430:

Even at Gatwick, you pay £1 for a trolley. Once you finish using the trolley and return it, you claim your £1 back.....

1 Like

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by flyca: 11:29am On Nov 29, 2018
Trolley should me free!
It's free in Europe and China - at least the countries I've visited.

The day Abuja airport, they said I will pay, they didn't even allow non-flyers to enter the general lounge. My mum was just behind the scanner watching my bags. I was taking them one after another to the boarding area cheesy

When I was coming for my 3rd and last bag, the customs officers said, “Hey, you are patroling a restricted area”. He was just looking for “office”. Kobo e no go see. Husai! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 29, 2018
thegreengooner:
Trolleys are not free to use in many airports around the world.

There are a few exceptions such as London Heathrow, Dubai, and HIA Doha but in most places you pay to use trolleys.

At some airports such as Dallas Fort Worth, you can get your coin deposit back when you return the trolley.

I have no issues with receipted payments in Nigeria.
I've been to a lot of countries and it's free in most countries. It's only in the US I've paid for a trolley, not even in Canada.

3 Likes

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by LaVirus: 11:31am On Nov 29, 2018
That was how one civil defence lady seized my handbag and refused to give me till i gave her money. I even told her I didn't have change I had only 1k and she asked me to bring the money and gave me 5h change.
Sometimes I wonder if they pay them salaries at all.

2 Likes

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by Trunaijian: 11:32am On Nov 29, 2018
even in abuja airport.

2 Likes

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 29, 2018
mr1759:
Trolley are free in countries I have been to in Europe and Asia

Don't mind all these people shouting US, like we don't know dts the capitalist capital of the world. Americans need to get out more. Even Mauritius & SouthAfrica (in Africa) have free trolleys.

4 Likes

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by cocolacec(m): 11:34am On Nov 29, 2018
mynairaland2018:
There are many airports where trolleys are free too. The disgusting looking trolleys are not even enough, and then some porters have designated themselves as compulsory trolley pushers to extort money.

The whole international airport system in naija is just so poorly organized and corrupt. They need to hand it over to proper managers like they did MM2 in Lagos. Dt airport is far better than Murtala Muhammad International Airport. Dt MMIA should not even be a village airport. So irritating. Mscheeew.
https://www.change.org/p/nigerian-government-stop-nigerian-immigration-officials-from-demanding-bribes-at-the-airports
Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by spiritedtete: 11:35am On Nov 29, 2018
Which airport do free trolley please? 1 USD 1 pounds ... And so that's what you pay...

You pay at most airports

1 Like

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by thegreengooner(m): 11:36am On Nov 29, 2018
mynairaland2018:

I've been to a lot of countries and it's free in most countries. It's only in the US I've paid for a trolley, not even in Canada.

I said many airports. I didn't say most.
Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by spiritedtete: 11:37am On Nov 29, 2018
Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by Yewandequeen(f): 11:37am On Nov 29, 2018
seyigiggle:
just watch how those who have never been to the airport go rush to comment. in fact na their comment go harsh pass
Savage. Ure not wrong though
Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by emmie14: 11:41am On Nov 29, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Even at Gatwick, you pay £1 for a trolley. Once you finish using the trolley and return it, you claim your £1 back.....

Different

1 Like

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by vioment: 11:45am On Nov 29, 2018
Name one thing for all, that is done properly in Nigeria. I will wait.

2 Likes

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by 6digitscomrade: 11:45am On Nov 29, 2018
Lukgaf:
Dear nairalanders,

Why things are done differently in Nigeria? Of all airports I have been to, it is so embarrassing, only Nigeria's airports (Muritala Muhammad Airport in particular) collect money for trolley from customers arriving/departing the country. The most unfortunate part is, those guys in charge sometimes pretend they do not have change so that you can forfeit your remaining money. If you tell them you don't have money, they will even ask you to bring foreign currency...

It is very disheartening because foreigners are been asked to pay before they can take/use too. Imagine, what they will be saying about our country when they get to their place?

We call on the Federal Government to kindly see to this.

Please, let's keep sharing this till it gets to those in charge. Enough of all these international embarrassments in our airport.

bro..my advice is anyone coming to Nigeria should always have atleast 3k naira because i fell victim several times because of the anomaly u pointed out...Many times they will take currencies from me to help change it while i stay with my baggage and that's bye bye trolley man has disappeared and u will have to do it all over again with another who will claim to be a Christian and eventually still come back to u and explain the rate at airport is bad etc....Meanwhile u are stressed and want to exit the stuffy environment with poachers,stalkers and extortionists in uniforms...

You can't stop them..Every government rewards their thugs and killers with such jobs...they have associations for every thing..
Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 29, 2018
I think it’s that way because of security and safety you don’t just want those things lying around but they are not enough there should be more that airport needs work cosmetically and also internally for it to be of any standard personal I think the luggage transfer system needs an upgrade if we can compare. We are getting there we just have to focus on the important things we sometimes avoid to save money. The distance between where the aircraft stops and where the bags are retrieved need to be shortened by conveyor belts imagine guys just lifting bags then driving back to get more it’s sad
Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by 1kingwriter: 11:47am On Nov 29, 2018
Lexusgs430:

This makes a lot of sense.

You stake your money, use the trolley and return it then pick back your deposit.

With that no one is employed to take care of the trolley.

2 Likes

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 29, 2018
The way some nigerians thinks is just strange.

Because they pay for trolley in the US meaning we should pay for it also in Nigeria

is Nigeria the US. So we cant have our own system?

1 Like

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by funmeme(f): 11:50am On Nov 29, 2018
I think I understand what the OP is Saying, though they pay for the service in some other countries but our naija own too much and they exploit people a lot.

I just got back into the country last week and I had a terrible experience with them, I was told to pay #1,650. For the trolley meanwhile it’s
#150. I was like seriously? The lady said someone will help me push my boxes, I didn’t asf for help, all I needed was a trolley, those who didn’t know were paying for it but I didn’t.

I ended up pay #300 for two trolleys which is the right price,after she was done insulting me but I don’t care.

So my brother na we dey do ourselves. If you know your right, stand by it.

I imagined how much those guys are making off travelers per day. Hmmm

2 Likes

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 29, 2018
1kingwriter:

This makes a lot of sense.

You stake your money, use the trolley and return it then pick back your deposit.

With that no one is employed to take care of the trolley.

It was like that before then it was switched to the other way because they were ending up in the bushes and all over the airport. The airport would have to be redesigned to allow for more trolley use and a general area for where they will be kept. The first thing I would do is change the location of the offices of the airlines and have them more walk in friendly. I can see it in my head bro an airport to behold one of the future.

1 Like

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by Qtsnow(m): 12:24pm On Nov 29, 2018
NnamdiN:
was so pissed the day one put that thing on me. I thought it was free until she said I had to pay, I gave her 5h, she refused o, insisted I had to pay 2k5 shocked shocked shocked
I was about to do something really stupid, my cousin had to give her the money to save all of us the embarrassment.

I think it's only Lagos airport that has such issues.

Happens in other Nigerian Airport, e.g Abuja, Kano, Sokoto, Adamawa.

They even have a ticket for it at Kano Airport
Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by Palmer6: 12:31pm On Nov 29, 2018
Normal tin at the airport. They always collect 2k from me each time i travel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira To Ghana Cedi / Accident As Container Falls At Sanya Bus Stop In Lagos (photos) / South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.