Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,628 members, 7,820,220 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Our Focus Is To Retain AWCON Title — Falcons Coach - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Our Focus Is To Retain AWCON Title — Falcons Coach (4907 Views)

Nigeria Vs South Africa: 2018 AWCON Final - 4 - 3 Penalties (Full Time) / Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) / Nigeria Vs Zambia: AWCON 2018 - 4 - 0 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Focus Is To Retain AWCON Title — Falcons Coach by 14Ebiscoo: 6:27am On Nov 29, 2018
Super Falcons head coach, Thomas Dennerby said having accomplished their first mission of picking a ticket to the next FIFA Women World Cup in France, their focus now is to retain the Africa Women Cup of Nations (AWCON) title by beating South Africa in Accra on Saturday.

The Swede tactician was on his feet for most of the semifinal against the Indomitable Lionesses of Cameroon in Accra on Tuesday, which exhausted the statutory regulation and extra time and then went into penalty shoot-out before the Cup holders inched past their bitter rivals into the Final and a place in France.

Speaking at the post-match conference, Dennerby said: “When we arrived in Ghana, we made it clear that our first target was the ticket to the World Cup, and after that, retain the trophy. Now, we have achieved our first target. On Saturday, we have the opportunity of achieving our second target. We will go in there and give it our best shot and take the trophy back to Nigeria.

“Sincerely, I was not happy with our performance in the first 20 minutes of the match. We lost the ball too many times; we were too anxious and the defenders and midfielders couldn’t contribute to the attack. However, the positive from this tournament is that our defense is very good. We have a compact team and that is why we made it today. Going to the World Cup, we need to improve the way we attack. We need to create chances and make the best use of the opportunities that come our way.”

The Super Falcons will take on the Banyana Banyana of South Africa in the Final of the 11th Women Africa Cup of Nations at the Accra Sports Stadium on Saturday, starting from 5pm.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/11/29/our-focus-is-to-retain-awcon-title-falcons-coach/

Re: Our Focus Is To Retain AWCON Title — Falcons Coach by whitebeard(m): 6:38am On Nov 29, 2018
We dey una back oh...!

Who soujt Africa be..make una trash them, we dey watch una..

Naija no dey carry last...

2 Likes

Re: Our Focus Is To Retain AWCON Title — Falcons Coach by Hahnemann: 6:43am On Nov 29, 2018
You better do that if not Jubril of Sudan in Aso rock will sack you immediately

5 Likes

Re: Our Focus Is To Retain AWCON Title — Falcons Coach by Nobody: 6:43am On Nov 29, 2018
Yes Oh!

Please Check My Signature, N1,000,000 to be won!
Re: Our Focus Is To Retain AWCON Title — Falcons Coach by Nobody: 6:44am On Nov 29, 2018
All the best to our girls.
You can do it.
I believe in you.
GO FOR GOLD.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Focus Is To Retain AWCON Title — Falcons Coach by femi4: 6:44am On Nov 29, 2018
Improve the girls performance on the pitch else you are a gonna

2 Likes

Re: Our Focus Is To Retain AWCON Title — Falcons Coach by ishowdotgmail(m): 6:44am On Nov 29, 2018
Same as our focus to see Buhari fufil his promises
Re: Our Focus Is To Retain AWCON Title — Falcons Coach by Gkay1(m): 6:45am On Nov 29, 2018
Desire

Decision

Discipline

Determination will make us to achieve it

1 Like

Re: Our Focus Is To Retain AWCON Title — Falcons Coach by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 29, 2018
Let's go there .......
Re: Our Focus Is To Retain AWCON Title — Falcons Coach by jantofubu(m): 6:45am On Nov 29, 2018
Good luck... Falcons
Re: Our Focus Is To Retain AWCON Title — Falcons Coach by Olujoe1(m): 6:46am On Nov 29, 2018
Champion pipu
Re: Our Focus Is To Retain AWCON Title — Falcons Coach by easynetsms(m): 6:46am On Nov 29, 2018
That's d spirit .. I love that

Check my profile for cheap internet data plan
Re: Our Focus Is To Retain AWCON Title — Falcons Coach by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:49am On Nov 29, 2018
It's good to hear that.
All the best in the final match against South Africa.
Re: Our Focus Is To Retain AWCON Title — Falcons Coach by classicking(m): 6:49am On Nov 29, 2018
Good will help you
Re: Our Focus Is To Retain AWCON Title — Falcons Coach by Godful: 6:49am On Nov 29, 2018
go girls, go win the �
Re: Our Focus Is To Retain AWCON Title — Falcons Coach by lacastre: 6:49am On Nov 29, 2018
The defence is good....and i love the way the lady in jersey number 10 plays, very agile,rugged,fight for ball and use it well,
i wish them victory against South Africa

1 Like

Re: Our Focus Is To Retain AWCON Title — Falcons Coach by sunnywee(m): 6:50am On Nov 29, 2018
Go make us proud girls

Facebook group with 3800 members for sale. Contact me now!
Re: Our Focus Is To Retain AWCON Title — Falcons Coach by helinues: 6:53am On Nov 29, 2018
All the best coach and the team

Nigerians are fully behind you.

Go go girls
Re: Our Focus Is To Retain AWCON Title — Falcons Coach by Ijaya123: 6:53am On Nov 29, 2018
And so shall it be.

Just avoid complacency.
Re: Our Focus Is To Retain AWCON Title — Falcons Coach by puresaint(m): 6:54am On Nov 29, 2018
My own focus is to bet and win big that day.....so make una no f*ck up..
Re: Our Focus Is To Retain AWCON Title — Falcons Coach by NaijaRoyelty: 6:56am On Nov 29, 2018
Goodluck
Re: Our Focus Is To Retain AWCON Title — Falcons Coach by Ayoswit(f): 6:59am On Nov 29, 2018
K
Re: Our Focus Is To Retain AWCON Title — Falcons Coach by Articul8(m): 7:04am On Nov 29, 2018
That south African team good die. If we are not careful, they will wipe us big. Those girls are not smiling

1 Like

Re: Our Focus Is To Retain AWCON Title — Falcons Coach by MiamiePizza(m): 7:13am On Nov 29, 2018
Just beat South Africa for me, I hate that country. We no go carry war go fight dem with guns for their country, we go always pepper dem with football. Libya chop their own Home and Away for the Slave trade dem do, Referee and lines men Help SA for Afcon qualification, now it's time to take full revenge at the Awcon final. Isn't God wonderful?

2 Likes

Re: Our Focus Is To Retain AWCON Title — Falcons Coach by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 29, 2018
Paapii3d:
Wanna start Programming? It is easy.. Check out this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSV3ifcUZqQ

Are you the one on the video?
Re: Our Focus Is To Retain AWCON Title — Falcons Coach by chocboi78(m): 7:27am On Nov 29, 2018
the same SA that outplayed our ass and beat us in the 1st leg.. I doubt we'll win this 1

(1) (2) (Reply)

Joe Aribo Biography; Early Life, Road To Fame, Personal Life And Untold Facts / Calabar Chosen For Nigeria-Ethiopia WC Playoff / I Will Never Do Sport Betting Again - Never! Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.