Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

Friday The 13th, Good Or Bad Omen? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Friday The 13th, Good Or Bad Omen? (1665 Views)

Rsust Cultural Day See What A Kalabari Student Wore, Good Or Bad? / Friday The 13th / Friday The 13th: Do You Believe In It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Friday The 13th, Good Or Bad Omen? by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 13, 2007
After seein the movie "Friday the 13th", i began to ponder about the whole scenary and the significance.

Its something that we should really invistigate cos it only occurs once or twice in a year; some take as a good omen while some take it as a bad day, according to the encyclopedia, the fear of Friday the 13th is called paraskavedekatriaphobia and this varies in different ways which i would like us to discuss here.
Re: Friday The 13th, Good Or Bad Omen? by omoge(f): 10:57am On Apr 13, 2007
Here comes Fredy, he's here to take you, keep the light on and watch your back, boo grin

It is just like any other day with it's own ups and downs of life.
Re: Friday The 13th, Good Or Bad Omen? by cuteass1(f): 1:53am On Apr 14, 2007
omoge:

It is just like any other day with it's own ups and downs of life.

you're right dear wink

if you start putting so much attention into it, you might end up causing yourself some unplanned "accidents" because even when something unnecessarily "omen" happens, you 'll want to shove it the day being "friday 13th" (a day for bad omen lol)

out mental state sometimes make us "fake believe" . . undecided
Re: Friday The 13th, Good Or Bad Omen? by rikkyjen(m): 6:38am On Apr 14, 2007
Na people wey don turn for yankie dey get dat mentality. grin

Omo, Friday the 13th is like every other friday i wait for my paycheck! The rest no concern me, If 'em like make 'em dey do halloween movies for Sci-Fi, i Go watch!
Re: Friday The 13th, Good Or Bad Omen? by star01(m): 6:48am On Apr 14, 2007
@poster

but does that simply mean anything , or it does signify something, cos last week i checked a customer out and amazingly her totally was $6.66cent, oh my goodness she freaked out, she was now like i need to add some stuff to make it over $6.66, one of my co-worker now said it aint friday that it dosent mean anything

but my qs is if that kinda thing happen what is the consequence of such,
Re: Friday The 13th, Good Or Bad Omen? by chiegemba(f): 6:57am On Apr 14, 2007
Here comes Fredy, he's here to take you, keep the light on and watch your back, boo grin

@ Omoge, Dat was very funny. Couldnt help but laugh all through
                           grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Friday The 13th, Good Or Bad Omen? by iice(f): 10:27am On Apr 14, 2007
If i had to attach some "meaning" to the date/day, i'd say it was a good omen, not really one for bad vibes
Re: Friday The 13th, Good Or Bad Omen? by soulpatrol(f): 2:50pm On Apr 27, 2007
star01:

@poster

last week i checked a customer out and amazingly her totally was $6.66cent, oh my goodness she freaked out, she was now like i need to add some stuff to make it over $6.66, one of my co-worker now said it aint friday that it dosent mean anything

lol. are you serious? ha ha ha. i'd freak out too. grin
Re: Friday The 13th, Good Or Bad Omen? by star01(m): 11:59pm On Apr 27, 2007
for men, its real

(1) (Reply)

Black American Meeting His Parents For The First Time / In Swaziland King Mswati Publicly Test Girls Virginity Before Choosing A Wife / Benin Origin Of Onitsha City!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.