Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,574 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Rio Ferdinand Arrives Lagos, To Search For Young Talents (photos) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rio Ferdinand Arrives Lagos, To Search For Young Talents (photos) (38845 Views)

World Champion, Oluwatobiloba Amusan Arrives Lagos (Photo) / Rio Ferdinand On A Media Tour In Lagos, Visits Computer Village (Pics) / Mourinho Blames Rio Ferdinand And Paul Scholes For His Sack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rio Ferdinand Arrives Lagos, To Search For Young Talents (photos) by BrainnewsRadio(f): 2:19pm On Nov 30, 2018
Football legend and former Manchester United defender, Rio Ferdinand has arrived in Lagos, Nigeria on a three-day visit, Brainnews Radio report.

The visit will run from Thursday, November 29, to Sunday, December 2.

Retired England international footballer, Rio Ferdinand has arrived in Lagos for a series of events organised by Guinness, as he touched down at the Murtala Muhammed Airport in Ikeja in Lagos, and got a rousing welcome from football fans.

The Manchester United defender, who was well received by officials of Guinness Nigeria and football fans as he signed a couple of autographs on his arrival, will join Guinness Nigeria’s efforts to find and celebrate Nigerian football fans that are Made of More.

The 40-year-old and the ex-Red devils center-back is no stranger to Nigeria, as in 2008 he met the traditional ruler of Lagos, King Rilwan Akiolu, during a visit and was bestowed with the title of “Chief Fiwagboye”.

During the ceremony at his palace in Lagos, King Akiolu told the former England defender that Fiwagboye literally means “character maketh wealth.”

“To be honest, I was a little embarrassed to be named a Chief, I’m not sure I’m worthy but it is something to be proud of really,” Ferdinand said at the time.

Read More At https://www.brainnewsradio.com/rio-ferdinand-arrives-lagos-to-search-for-young-talents/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rio Ferdinand Arrives Lagos, To Search For Young Talents (photos) by BrainnewsRadio(f): 2:19pm On Nov 30, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: Rio Ferdinand Arrives Lagos, To Search For Young Talents (photos) by BrainnewsRadio(f): 2:19pm On Nov 30, 2018
Re: Rio Ferdinand Arrives Lagos, To Search For Young Talents (photos) by spy24(m): 2:23pm On Nov 30, 2018
Great rio welcome
Re: Rio Ferdinand Arrives Lagos, To Search For Young Talents (photos) by PapaZeus(m): 2:27pm On Nov 30, 2018
nigeria is not the only place where the amount of respect you are given is directly proportional to the amount of money you have o.

in other news, i am a great attacker, midfielder, defender and goal-keeper just in case. leemee alone

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rio Ferdinand Arrives Lagos, To Search For Young Talents (photos) by tukdi: 2:27pm On Nov 30, 2018
kiss
Re: Rio Ferdinand Arrives Lagos, To Search For Young Talents (photos) by swiz123(m): 2:32pm On Nov 30, 2018
He should be careful before he takes an old talent with him back to England.

11 Likes

Re: Rio Ferdinand Arrives Lagos, To Search For Young Talents (photos) by ReeLoaDead(m): 5:51pm On Nov 30, 2018
In just 3 days he will be able to search/assess our football talent??

10 Likes

Re: Rio Ferdinand Arrives Lagos, To Search For Young Talents (photos) by KingSatan: 5:51pm On Nov 30, 2018
cheesy cheesy cheesy

TO SEARCH FOR YOUNG TALENTS OR TO FULFIL HIS PART OF THE BARGAIN AND MAKE MORE MONEY?

TO SEARCH FOR YOUNG TALENTS ACROSS THE 36 STATES, 774 LGA's IN 3 DAYS?

HYPOCRISY AT ITS PEAK!!!

NIGERIA AND NONSENSE ARE LIKE SIAMESE TWINS

15 Likes

Re: Rio Ferdinand Arrives Lagos, To Search For Young Talents (photos) by SaintAlbert53: 5:51pm On Nov 30, 2018
Nigerians are talented..
I pray God opens way for the poor and unconnected,not the rich men children...

God bless Nigeria,God bless me..

5 Likes

Re: Rio Ferdinand Arrives Lagos, To Search For Young Talents (photos) by thesicilian: 5:51pm On Nov 30, 2018
Maybe it's just me, but I only start to like these footballers after they've retired from playing for rival clubs.

2 Likes

Re: Rio Ferdinand Arrives Lagos, To Search For Young Talents (photos) by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 30, 2018
Rio pls I'm here, I'm a raw talent.. pls take me... I'm over 30 actually, but my girlfriend calls me baby. so I'm indirectly under 15 cheesy ..pls I'm just tired of nigeria. even if it is to go do ball boy, I can run after ball very well... some one tell him am here, take me out of this country

132 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Rio Ferdinand Arrives Lagos, To Search For Young Talents (photos) by KanwuliaExtra: 5:53pm On Nov 30, 2018
Anything to leave a SHYTEHOLE!
Grandpas will audition too! grin

2 Likes

Re: Rio Ferdinand Arrives Lagos, To Search For Young Talents (photos) by frankopit: 5:53pm On Nov 30, 2018
Cool
Re: Rio Ferdinand Arrives Lagos, To Search For Young Talents (photos) by MrSix: 5:53pm On Nov 30, 2018
Wetin we no fit do for ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Rio Ferdinand Arrives Lagos, To Search For Young Talents (photos) by Blackfire(m): 5:53pm On Nov 30, 2018
Who is fedinadi ?
Re: Rio Ferdinand Arrives Lagos, To Search For Young Talents (photos) by Pidginwhisper: 5:53pm On Nov 30, 2018
Chief Ferdinand Fiwagboye is back to Lagos. grin

11 Likes

Re: Rio Ferdinand Arrives Lagos, To Search For Young Talents (photos) by emmabest2000(m): 5:54pm On Nov 30, 2018
One of the weakest defender in RED DEVIL’S history

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rio Ferdinand Arrives Lagos, To Search For Young Talents (photos) by Lhimeet(m): 5:54pm On Nov 30, 2018
Nice... smiley
Re: Rio Ferdinand Arrives Lagos, To Search For Young Talents (photos) by Biingoo: 5:54pm On Nov 30, 2018
This one will Bleep any Nigerian lady he wants. Point and kill

6 Likes

Re: Rio Ferdinand Arrives Lagos, To Search For Young Talents (photos) by Haykinsofficial: 5:54pm On Nov 30, 2018
Dis my nigga scored 4 hat-tricks in a row. He's a rough diamond... Pls go with him

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rio Ferdinand Arrives Lagos, To Search For Young Talents (photos) by Perience(m): 5:54pm On Nov 30, 2018
PapaZeus:
nigeria is not the only place where the amount of respect you are given is directly proportional to the amount of money you have o.

in other news, i am a great attacker, midfielder, defender and goal-keeper just in case. leemee alone
Re: Rio Ferdinand Arrives Lagos, To Search For Young Talents (photos) by NigerDeltan(m): 5:54pm On Nov 30, 2018
ok
Re: Rio Ferdinand Arrives Lagos, To Search For Young Talents (photos) by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 30, 2018
Im go see me IJN..
God will make a way for me in this game.
Amen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIzgzmooyFM

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rio Ferdinand Arrives Lagos, To Search For Young Talents (photos) by ZaOzaRoom(m): 5:55pm On Nov 30, 2018
I hope he doesn't allow himself to be bribed and select average talents.
He should be a good and sincere ambassador and select real talents irrespective of their status and background.
Re: Rio Ferdinand Arrives Lagos, To Search For Young Talents (photos) by jkendy(m): 5:55pm On Nov 30, 2018
Quote me anywhere any day that I said it...
Only the children of the well-to-do shall be 'picked'. He won't go into the interior where talents 'boku' like craze.
Re: Rio Ferdinand Arrives Lagos, To Search For Young Talents (photos) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 30, 2018
doctorkush:
Rio pls I'm here, I'm a raw talent.. pls take me... I'm over 30 actually, but my girlfriend calls me baby. so I'm indirectly under 15 cheesy ..pls I'm just tired of nigeria. even if it is to go do ball boy, I can run after ball very well... some one tell him am here, take me out of this country
grin
Re: Rio Ferdinand Arrives Lagos, To Search For Young Talents (photos) by GenFunction: 5:57pm On Nov 30, 2018
Blackfire:
Who is fedinadi ?
...u dunno ferdi?,na him face dey 200 naira note na

3 Likes

Re: Rio Ferdinand Arrives Lagos, To Search For Young Talents (photos) by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 30, 2018
ZaOzaRoom:
I hope he doesn't allow himself to be bribed and select average talents.
He should be a good and sincere ambassador and select real talents irrespective of their status and background.
Amen o.. E go favour players like me.. I don tire for the go and bring 500k/1m for you to be selected talk
jkendy:
Quote me anywhere any day that I said it...
Only the children of the well-to-do shall be 'picked'. He won't go into the interior where talents 'boku' like craze.
You are right.. Fvcking hard to get scouted from the slums.. Na so so nickname you go dey get Upandan.. "suarez" "Drug Dealer" "Vardy" "Striker" "Hitman" "Firmino" until you grow old and talent waste.
Only God it help person for this country..
The sports structure has been sabotaged..
Dont be surprised if a list of the players he will go with is ready as we speak..

7 Likes

Re: Rio Ferdinand Arrives Lagos, To Search For Young Talents (photos) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 30, 2018
SaintAlbert53:
Nigerians are talented..
I pray God opens way for the poor and unconnected,not the rich men children...

God bless Nigeria,God bless me..
Lol.this your prayer ehn..
Re: Rio Ferdinand Arrives Lagos, To Search For Young Talents (photos) by chiboy1116: 5:59pm On Nov 30, 2018
He should come to Abuja .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Recent Pictures Of Mary Onyali-Omagbemi / 2022-23 Football Kits: Barcelona, Real Madrid, Arsenal & All The Top Teams' Jers / Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.