Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,812 members, 7,851,724 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:31 AM

Meet A Blind Young Man Who Almost Graduated With A First Class In UNN (PHOTOS) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet A Blind Young Man Who Almost Graduated With A First Class In UNN (PHOTOS) (3260 Views)

Nekede Poly Furious With Lady Claiming She Graduated With God Help, Private Part / Great Day For Me I Graduated With First Class (photo) / Chinelo Okafor Receives N100,000 From AfricLearn For Making First Class In UNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet A Blind Young Man Who Almost Graduated With A First Class In UNN (PHOTOS) by justflow1(m): 4:12pm On Nov 30, 2018
Meet a 25years old visually impaired Ademola Adeleke,a native of Oluyole, in Oyo state. Who graduated with 4.44/5.00 from the prestigious University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
Amidst the trauma of stigmatization and anguished faced as a result of his incapability to see,he was never discouraged, he worked towards making a better tommorow for himself hereby working hard for good grades. Here he is today, graduating from the department of Mass communication with a "very sharp" 2:1 (as we call it here)

Amidst his disability, his love for social media and service to humanity cannot be sold short.

Consequently, Adeleke Ademola has been recieving lots of gifts from well wishers, who feels its captivating to have seen a mind as talented as his

May the good Lord assuage Adeleke's anguish with the best things on earth (even with a replenished sight)

(Amen)

This is a clarion call to anyone who has proposed to finish fine, if a decapasitated Ademola Adeleke can do it, then any other fit person can ......

Rememeber Great things doesn't come from comfort zone..... Get ur hands on deck,

See you at work!

Cc lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Meet A Blind Young Man Who Almost Graduated With A First Class In UNN (PHOTOS) by justflow1(m): 4:13pm On Nov 30, 2018
More pix

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet A Blind Young Man Who Almost Graduated With A First Class In UNN (PHOTOS) by Kalashnikov102(m): 4:16pm On Nov 30, 2018
More Energy bro!!

2 Likes

Re: Meet A Blind Young Man Who Almost Graduated With A First Class In UNN (PHOTOS) by JasonScoolari: 4:23pm On Nov 30, 2018
Thank Heavens he didn't graduate with a first class, nah spoon, cup, umbrella and cornflakes dem for give am.

Truth be told, all these blind guys out there inspires me. From Stevie Wonder to Cobhams Asuquo.

God bless you guys.

1 Like

Re: Meet A Blind Young Man Who Almost Graduated With A First Class In UNN (PHOTOS) by justflow1(m): 4:50pm On Nov 30, 2018
JasonScoolari:
Thank Heavens he didn't graduate with a first class, nah spoon, cup, umbrella and cornflakes dem for give.
this 1 got me hard grin grin grin
Re: Meet A Blind Young Man Who Almost Graduated With A First Class In UNN (PHOTOS) by InansBobo(m): 4:58pm On Nov 30, 2018
The guy no wan carry last oo
Re: Meet A Blind Young Man Who Almost Graduated With A First Class In UNN (PHOTOS) by InansBobo(m): 4:59pm On Nov 30, 2018
justflow1:
More pix
does he know how he looks? Just asking though. He'd be better a lecturer
Re: Meet A Blind Young Man Who Almost Graduated With A First Class In UNN (PHOTOS) by justflow1(m): 5:15pm On Nov 30, 2018
InansBobo:
does he know how he looks? Just asking though. He'd be better a lecturer
he as been working towards that tho, news reaching me made me understood he tutors his colleagues despite the challenge he had find himself

1 Like

Re: Meet A Blind Young Man Who Almost Graduated With A First Class In UNN (PHOTOS) by hinograce: 5:38pm On Nov 30, 2018
justflow1:
he as been working towards that tho, news reaching me made me understood he tutors his colleagues despite the challenge he had find himself
that might be why he didn't get the first class. Lecturers dislike guys that are good to the point of tutoring thier course . God bless him as he graduates. Mean while no 2:2 on that list
Re: Meet A Blind Young Man Who Almost Graduated With A First Class In UNN (PHOTOS) by Guapismo: 5:43pm On Nov 30, 2018
JasonScoolari:
Thank Heavens he didn't graduate with a first class, nah spoon, cup, umbrella and cornflakes dem for give am.

Truth be told, all these blind guys out there inspires me. From Stevie Wonder to Cobhams Asuquo.

God bless you guys.
Very stupid comment, u even added thank God, so what did they give him for graduating with a 2:1
Re: Meet A Blind Young Man Who Almost Graduated With A First Class In UNN (PHOTOS) by Guapismo: 5:44pm On Nov 30, 2018
hinograce:
that might be why he didn't get the first class. Lecturers dislike guys that are good to the point of tutoring thier course . God bless him as he graduates. Mean while no 2:2 on that list
Thats not the whole list na
Re: Meet A Blind Young Man Who Almost Graduated With A First Class In UNN (PHOTOS) by Iamhenry96(m): 6:53pm On Nov 30, 2018
I remember traveling with this guy from Lagos back to our various skuls in the East..
Told me things about his past and I was inspired.
I'm happy you've achieved this dream.. Congratulations brov! ��

1 Like

Re: Meet A Blind Young Man Who Almost Graduated With A First Class In UNN (PHOTOS) by justflow1(m): 7:02pm On Nov 30, 2018
Iamhenry96:
I remember traveling with this guy from Lagos back to our various skuls in the East..
Told me things about his past and I was inspired.
I'm happy you've achieved this dream.. Congratulations brov! ��
Wow, inspiring
Re: Meet A Blind Young Man Who Almost Graduated With A First Class In UNN (PHOTOS) by EzePromoe: 7:52pm On Nov 30, 2018
Wow. He's simply incredible! I need to get his contact
Re: Meet A Blind Young Man Who Almost Graduated With A First Class In UNN (PHOTOS) by Ikennablue(m): 7:52pm On Nov 30, 2018
Adeleke is my roommate in UNN, he is not just a genius academically, he is a rare gem, a musician and a philanthropist. He is independent, he doesn't
allow his lack of sight to limit him. He cooks, iron, and wash by himself and he is a pro when it comes to operating computer. I envy this guy and i wish him d best in life.

7 Likes

Re: Meet A Blind Young Man Who Almost Graduated With A First Class In UNN (PHOTOS) by Michelle55: 8:12pm On Nov 30, 2018
Congratulations... Bigger and higher you bro!!
Re: Meet A Blind Young Man Who Almost Graduated With A First Class In UNN (PHOTOS) by PurestBoy(m): 9:50pm On Nov 30, 2018
Ikennablue:
Adeleke is my roommate in UNN, he is not just a genius academically, he is a rare gem, a musician and a philanthropist. He is independent, he doesn't
allow his lack of sight to limit him. He cooks, iron, and wash by himself and he is a pro when it comes to operating computer. I envy this guy and i wish him d best in life.

What's the degree of his blindness? Is he really blind or half-blind?
Re: Meet A Blind Young Man Who Almost Graduated With A First Class In UNN (PHOTOS) by Ikennablue(m): 10:09pm On Nov 30, 2018
PurestBoy:

What's the degree of his blindness? Is he really blind or half-blind?
completely blind.

2 Likes

Re: Meet A Blind Young Man Who Almost Graduated With A First Class In UNN (PHOTOS) by Adekcrown(m): 10:32pm On Nov 30, 2018
I dont understand 1 thing o... if truely this guy is completely blind, ow was he able to do all this chores afore-mentioned... can sum1 who is completely blind read or write?
Re: Meet A Blind Young Man Who Almost Graduated With A First Class In UNN (PHOTOS) by davbravo(m): 11:54pm On Nov 30, 2018
Adekcrown:
I dont understand 1 thing o... if truely this guy is completely blind, ow was he able to do all this chores afore-mentioned... can sum1 who is completely blind read or write?
they use braille to read and write

2 Likes

Re: Meet A Blind Young Man Who Almost Graduated With A First Class In UNN (PHOTOS) by justflow1(m): 7:36am On Dec 01, 2018
EzePromoe:
Wow.
He's simply incredible!
I need to get his contact

Adeleke Ademola 08034449693.
Re: Meet A Blind Young Man Who Almost Graduated With A First Class In UNN (PHOTOS) by Rextizzle(m): 7:39am On Dec 01, 2018
Ikennablue:
How can he operate computer when he doesn't see
Re: Meet A Blind Young Man Who Almost Graduated With A First Class In UNN (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 01, 2018
only females are on that first class list.quite a good thing,at least we know there brainy girls out there.
Re: Meet A Blind Young Man Who Almost Graduated With A First Class In UNN (PHOTOS) by falcon01: 10:35am On Dec 01, 2018
does is he see minorly or he is totally blind, and how does he operate computer write etc?
Re: Meet A Blind Young Man Who Almost Graduated With A First Class In UNN (PHOTOS) by justflow1(m): 11:07am On Dec 01, 2018
falcon01:
does is he see minorly or he is totally blind, and how does he operate computer write etc?

There is a technology that have been in place for decades now, which enables blind candidates read letters, it was originally invented by the US military to enable their men on battle field read info while still focusing on targets, they use their hands to feel the letters and then interprete it. It was used in the WWII, it is called "braille"....... Blind candidates operate computers and mobile phones (especially samsung) through voice prompt, they listen to pdf file via audio....
Their Exam hall is a special hall which accomodates all sort of vissual aiding gadgets, they use type writer to type their answer, thats why u will always see a blind student with a typewriter during exam.
When you come to UNN u will be surprise as to the numbers of visually impaired persons you will find in the faculty of law.... They can deal with words and not figure, last year UNN gave admission to 4 blind persons in the department of Accounting none came, due to the nature of the course (i guess).....

I think i have been able to shed lights to ur curiousity?

2 Likes

Re: Meet A Blind Young Man Who Almost Graduated With A First Class In UNN (PHOTOS) by christejames(m): 11:19am On Dec 01, 2018
He is my friend on facebook, an anchor on Lion FM � (UNN), a fellow superlion.

I love reading his blind chronicles and marvel at his intelligence. You can search for him on facebook and read more about him cause his chronicles are mainly about his life experiences.

UNN is doing a great job in making the impaired and disabled also have that quality and sound education but more still needs to be done in making live easier for these guys, thank God most new structures in the school now have provisions for the impaired and disabled, but I will suggest a special hall or hostel is be built for them which will also accommodate few able-bodied students to cater for their needs and aid them around.

1 Like

Re: Meet A Blind Young Man Who Almost Graduated With A First Class In UNN (PHOTOS) by christejames(m): 11:24am On Dec 01, 2018
justflow1:

There is a technology that have been in place for decades now, which enables blind candidates read letters, it was originally invented by the US military to enable their men on battle field read info while still focusing on targets, they use their hands to feel the letters and then interprete it. It was used in the WWII, it is called "braille"....... Blind candidates operate computers and mobile phones (especially samsung) through voice prompt, they listen to pdf file via audio....
Their Exam hall is a special hall which accomodates all sort of vissual aiding gadgets, they use type writer to type their answer, thats why u will always see a blind student with a typewriter during exam.
When you come to UNN u will be surprise as to the numbers of visually impaired persons you will find in the faculty of law.... They can deal with words and not figure, last year UNN gave admission to 4 blind persons in the department of Accounting none came, due to the nature of the course (i guess).....

I think i have been able to shed lights to ur curiousity?

You are right Bro.

Also a superlion?
Re: Meet A Blind Young Man Who Almost Graduated With A First Class In UNN (PHOTOS) by justflow1(m): 11:29am On Dec 01, 2018
christejames:

You are right Bro.

Also a superlion?

Just a Lion bro

1 Like

Re: Meet A Blind Young Man Who Almost Graduated With A First Class In UNN (PHOTOS) by EzePromoe: 11:32am On Dec 01, 2018
justflow1:

Adeleke Ademola 08034449693.
Are you the one?
Re: Meet A Blind Young Man Who Almost Graduated With A First Class In UNN (PHOTOS) by justflow1(m): 11:39am On Dec 01, 2018
christejames:
He is my friend on facebook, an anchor on Lion FM � (UNN), a fellow superlion.

I love reading his blind chronicles and marvel at his intelligence. You can search for him on facebook and read more about him cause his chronicles are mainly about his life experiences.

UNN is doing a great job in making the impaired and disabled also have that quality and sound education but more still needs to be done in making live easier for these guys, thank God most new structures in the school now have provisions for the impaired and disabled, but I will suggest a special hall or hostel is be built for them which will also accommodate few able-bodied students to cater for their needs and aid them around.
exactly, UNN been helping the visually impaired students in no subtle way, and the atmosphere is also receptive, u need to see the way able bodied lads come around to check their blind colleagues, help dem with chores and fix some of the things they can't do themselves......

The way blind students act attimes still baffles me, there was a day i was strolling through 100 series (first floor) the guy next by my side is blind,( he was also strolling ooo without a walking stick or anytin to aid his steps)they have mastered their steps and as well study the atmosphere where they are domicile..... It took me month to finally assert the guy was really really blind
Re: Meet A Blind Young Man Who Almost Graduated With A First Class In UNN (PHOTOS) by justflow1(m): 11:40am On Dec 01, 2018
EzePromoe:

Are you the one?

No undecided
Re: Meet A Blind Young Man Who Almost Graduated With A First Class In UNN (PHOTOS) by christejames(m): 12:00pm On Dec 01, 2018
justflow1:
exactly, UNN been helping the visually impaired students in no subtle way, and the atmosphere is also receptive, u need to see the way able bodied lads come around to check their blind colleagues, help dem with chores and fix some of the things they can't do themselves......

The way blind students act attimes still baffles me, there was a day i was strolling through 100 series (first floor) the guy next by my side is blind,( he was also strolling ooo without a walking stick or anytin to aid his steps)they have mastered their steps and as well study the atmosphere where they are domicile..... It took me month to finally assert the guy was really really blind

LOL!

Especially when they are going to take their bath or to buy Okpa. There was one that is very funny, always cracking jokes and teasing fellow students...

(1) (2) (Reply)

All Universities To Use The General Cutoff Mark Says DIBU / Power And Machine Vs Electronics And Telecommunication In M.eng / Popular Logos And Their Meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.