Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,630 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Meet Rivian All-electric SUV That Boasts A Better Mileage Than Tesla's Model X - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Meet Rivian All-electric SUV That Boasts A Better Mileage Than Tesla's Model X (13014 Views)

Mercedes Rented & Dismantled Tesla Model X Ahead Of Its Own Electric SUV Launch / NIO Launches ES8 All-Electric SUV That Cost Half The Price Of Tesla's Model X / This 1,341-HP Electric On/Off-Road Miss R Supercar Is Quicker Than Tesla Roaster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Rivian All-electric SUV That Boasts A Better Mileage Than Tesla's Model X by Automotive1(m): 2:38am On Dec 01, 2018

Rivian has unveiled its first all-electric SUV just a day after revealing the R1T electric pickup truck at the 2018 Los Angeles Auto Show.

It shares the same platform and almost the same specs as the R1T pickup truck like the Land Rover Evoque-style of flush door handles ,distinct LED headlights design and front-bonnet storage, since it has no internal combustion engine.

But instead of the long loadbed found at the back of the pickup ,the R1S SUV gains a third row seat to make it a 7 passenger SUV.

Inside the electric SUV includes a 15.6-inch touchscreen , 12.3-inch screen behind the steering wheel and a 6.8 inches screen at the back of the center console.

It also has 10 USB charging ports,multi-media touchscreens and Level 3 self-driving capabilities - that means ,it will be able to steer, accelerate and brake without the driver touching the steering or brake .

It is offered in 5 or 7 passenger configurations and three battery options .The highest battery pack will take it to over 410 miles of drive range - this is more than what Tesla Model X's 100-kWh pack for 295 miles can offer.

It is powered by 4 electric motors ,one attached to each wheel . All versions has a top speed of 125 mph and a zero to 62mph in 4.9s ,3.0s and 3.2s - for the 105 kWh, 135 kWh and 180 kWh version respectively.

The SUV starts at $72,500 (pickup at $61,500 ) and deliveries is expected in late 2021.

https://autojosh.com/meet-the-rivian-all-electric-suv-that-boasts-a-better-mileage-than-teslas-model-x/

5 Likes

Re: Meet Rivian All-electric SUV That Boasts A Better Mileage Than Tesla's Model X by DavSagacity(m): 6:37am On Dec 01, 2018
While the OYinbo are now producing electric cars, My country has not been able to even generate enough electricity for its people let alone produce elec___ cars.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Rivian All-electric SUV That Boasts A Better Mileage Than Tesla's Model X by itiswellandwell: 6:37am On Dec 01, 2018
Looks beautiful
Re: Meet Rivian All-electric SUV That Boasts A Better Mileage Than Tesla's Model X by Cannonleo(m): 6:37am On Dec 01, 2018
Give me a rezan tank suv anytime anyday
Re: Meet Rivian All-electric SUV That Boasts A Better Mileage Than Tesla's Model X by GIDIBANKZ(m): 6:38am On Dec 01, 2018
Happy New Month people

1 Like

Re: Meet Rivian All-electric SUV That Boasts A Better Mileage Than Tesla's Model X by Boyano: 6:38am On Dec 01, 2018
Nice
Re: Meet Rivian All-electric SUV That Boasts A Better Mileage Than Tesla's Model X by stefanweeks: 6:40am On Dec 01, 2018
Looks like an alien vehicle

5 Likes

Re: Meet Rivian All-electric SUV That Boasts A Better Mileage Than Tesla's Model X by iammo(m): 6:41am On Dec 01, 2018
Lovely specs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Rivian All-electric SUV That Boasts A Better Mileage Than Tesla's Model X by daroz(m): 6:41am On Dec 01, 2018
Ugly exterior design

6 Likes

Re: Meet Rivian All-electric SUV That Boasts A Better Mileage Than Tesla's Model X by Youngpo413: 6:41am On Dec 01, 2018
Ugly car,na camry sure pass.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Rivian All-electric SUV That Boasts A Better Mileage Than Tesla's Model X by MrSix: 6:42am On Dec 01, 2018
Spectacular
I love the design and colour.

Need a laptop?
What's your spec and budget? Don't worry I have you covered.
Chat me up...details in my signature
Re: Meet Rivian All-electric SUV That Boasts A Better Mileage Than Tesla's Model X by sonnie10: 6:45am On Dec 01, 2018
The price is good when compared with Telsa
Re: Meet Rivian All-electric SUV That Boasts A Better Mileage Than Tesla's Model X by tachacute(f): 6:48am On Dec 01, 2018
Go Into Your Room And Lock Everywhere Before Watching This Video >>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIytWu1wVQQ&itct=CDQQpDAYACITCNPi17C7_d4CFUE94AodY-oJ8jILYzQtdmlkZW9zLXVaGFVDNnMzMjlCR0RxaXFYVmNVN3YxaDVzUQ%3D%3D&hl=en&gl=NG&client=mv-google
Re: Meet Rivian All-electric SUV That Boasts A Better Mileage Than Tesla's Model X by NigerianBae: 6:59am On Dec 01, 2018
Happy new month people..... its gonna be a great month.
Re: Meet Rivian All-electric SUV That Boasts A Better Mileage Than Tesla's Model X by harley88(m): 7:11am On Dec 01, 2018
Cannonleo:
Give me a rezan tank suv anytime anyday

Rezvani SUV not rezan.

That's how they'd be posting rubbish online and forming they are exposed.......Mtcheeeeeww.

Back to Topic.....as impressive as this is, the car body looks like a Ninja Turtles type of contraption.

Naija we haven't even gotten 24 hrs electricity

2 Likes

Re: Meet Rivian All-electric SUV That Boasts A Better Mileage Than Tesla's Model X by kaleam(m): 7:12am On Dec 01, 2018
Frog like car... Very ugly.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Rivian All-electric SUV That Boasts A Better Mileage Than Tesla's Model X by easynetsms(m): 7:39am On Dec 01, 2018
If I buy this kind of car in Nigeria where is the light to power it

Check my signature for cheap internet data
Re: Meet Rivian All-electric SUV That Boasts A Better Mileage Than Tesla's Model X by otokx(m): 7:40am On Dec 01, 2018
DavSagacity:
While the OYinbo are now producing electric cars, My country has not been able to even generate enough electricity for its people let alone produce elec___ cars.

We are busy building the biggest church buildings in the world.

1 Like

Re: Meet Rivian All-electric SUV That Boasts A Better Mileage Than Tesla's Model X by LucifersPreeq: 7:47am On Dec 01, 2018
Why do electric cars always come delivered like 2-3years after ordering? Aren't most of the specs available now or are they waiting on future improvements? Same thing happened with the Tesla roadster and their Electric truck,they're all shipping in 2020, But people have started making orders.
Re: Meet Rivian All-electric SUV That Boasts A Better Mileage Than Tesla's Model X by fa4dmike(m): 8:01am On Dec 01, 2018
If u use this type car for naija and e get fault! Even person wey bokoharam torture go better pass u

1 Like

Re: Meet Rivian All-electric SUV That Boasts A Better Mileage Than Tesla's Model X by abdulaz: 8:13am On Dec 01, 2018
Welcome to the new world.

But Who will now buy our oil when the whole world must have embraced electric car models?

Na question me I just wan ask o.

1 Like

Re: Meet Rivian All-electric SUV That Boasts A Better Mileage Than Tesla's Model X by Xano(m): 10:17am On Dec 01, 2018
Interesting

love the accessories (features) and size.
With a pair of cartoon-like eyes, no, not interested.
Re: Meet Rivian All-electric SUV That Boasts A Better Mileage Than Tesla's Model X by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 01, 2018
DavSagacity:
Is Nigeria worthy of being called a country in all sincerity?

2 Likes

Re: Meet Rivian All-electric SUV That Boasts A Better Mileage Than Tesla's Model X by Psmark: 1:31pm On Dec 01, 2018
That is what they have been saying the only car I feel would live up to the hype is the Porsche electric vehicles
Re: Meet Rivian All-electric SUV That Boasts A Better Mileage Than Tesla's Model X by DavSagacity(m): 2:03pm On Dec 01, 2018
HarkymTheOracle:

Is Nigeria worthy of being called a country in all sincerity?
so what should we call it..? Shit holes or A Zoo
Re: Meet Rivian All-electric SUV That Boasts A Better Mileage Than Tesla's Model X by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 01, 2018
DavSagacity:
so what should we call it..? Shit holes or A Zoo
Any of both would suffice
Re: Meet Rivian All-electric SUV That Boasts A Better Mileage Than Tesla's Model X by Cannonleo(m): 5:11pm On Dec 01, 2018
harley88:

Rezvani SUV not rezan.

That's how they'd be posting rubbish online and forming they are exposed.......Mtcheeeeeww.

Back to Topic.....as impressive as this is, the car body looks like a Ninja Turtles type of contraption.

Naija we haven't even gotten 24 hrs electricity
typical nigerian, your correction could have been made with the lest insult and sacarsm
Re: Meet Rivian All-electric SUV That Boasts A Better Mileage Than Tesla's Model X by MycroftHolmes: 7:20pm On Dec 01, 2018
Somehow, I still prefer Tesla

(1) (Reply)

Things To Have In Mind As A New Car Owner. / Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 / My Camry 2008 A/c

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.