Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

What Is This Vehicle Part Called? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is This Vehicle Part Called? (1758 Views)

What's Wrong With This Vehicle? / Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? / Is This Vehicle Rubber Tyre The Future Of Tyres (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is This Vehicle Part Called? by mjksho(m): 4:54pm On Dec 01, 2018
Dear all, I am trying to get this car part from a 2002 Toyota Corolla for someone in The Gambia. I am sourcing from here in the US but I don't know the real name it is called. I was told it is used to cushion the crankshaft. Can you help?

cc: gazzuzz, lexusgs430, nurey

Re: What Is This Vehicle Part Called? by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:23pm On Dec 01, 2018
mjksho:
Dear all, I am trying to get this car part from a 2002 Toyota Corolla for someone in The Gambia. I am sourcing from here in the US but I don't know the real name it is called. I was told it is used to cushion the crankshaft. Can you help?

crankshaft bearings.

Are there no developers in the Gambia?

3 Likes

Re: What Is This Vehicle Part Called? by nurey(m): 5:32pm On Dec 01, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

crankshaft bearings.
learned something took me 20 minutes to find out. Is it also crankshaft pads?
my Igbo brothers looking at you like tongue
probably they have standards developers can't meet in gambia
Re: What Is This Vehicle Part Called? by AgentGoat: 6:13pm On Dec 01, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

crankshaft bearings.

who be developers undecided
Re: What Is This Vehicle Part Called? by mjksho(m): 6:38pm On Dec 01, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

crankshaft bearings.

Thank you very much. Developers? I don't know what that means. Anyway, the issue is the person is unable to source parts for that car in Gambia. The last time he busted a tail light, he had to come to naija to get it at ladipo and he was even sold a chinese part. So I thought buying the part from the US may be a better option.
Re: What Is This Vehicle Part Called? by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:43pm On Dec 01, 2018
AgentGoat:
who be developers undecided

mjksho:

Thank you very much. Developers? I don't know what that means. Anyway, the issue is the person is unable to source parts for that car in Gambia. The last time he busted a tail light, he had to come to naija to get it at ladipo and he was even sold a chinese part. So I thought buying the part from the US may be a better option.

cc: luvinhubby grin

1 Like

Re: What Is This Vehicle Part Called? by diportivo: 6:50pm On Dec 01, 2018
ah

nwannem,we need to open shops in the Gambia o

Toyota parts odikwa vely scarce dia

5 Likes

Re: What Is This Vehicle Part Called? by AgentGoat: 7:30pm On Dec 01, 2018
mjksho:

This could be a business opportunity for developers you know grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is This Vehicle Part Called? by adanny01(m): 8:04pm On Dec 01, 2018
mjksho:

Naija mechanics call it metal and main bearing.

2 Likes

Re: What Is This Vehicle Part Called? by OilsPartsCars: 8:19pm On Dec 01, 2018
adanny01:

Your head is dia
Re: What Is This Vehicle Part Called? by mjksho(m): 12:14am On Dec 02, 2018
AgentGoat:
This could be a business opportunity for developers you know grin

I swear. It's going to be a win for everybody.
Re: What Is This Vehicle Part Called? by mjksho(m): 12:15am On Dec 02, 2018
adanny01:

Oh. Thanks for that too.
Re: What Is This Vehicle Part Called? by hayjayman(m): 4:34pm On Dec 02, 2018
Kazeems call it "metal"... I always laf when I hear them call it that name.... Is the crankshaft not a metal

1 Like

Re: What Is This Vehicle Part Called? by sultaan(m): 8:28pm On Dec 02, 2018
By the time your engine needs that replaced a lot more needs to be looked into.

Your friend has been using the wrong or no engine oil, prepare to buy a used engine.It is even advisable to get one now
Re: What Is This Vehicle Part Called? by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:32pm On Dec 02, 2018
sultaan:

Your friend has been using the wrong or no engine oil, prepare to buy a used engine.It is even advisable to get one now

very sound advice.

1 Like

Re: What Is This Vehicle Part Called? by iykenex(m): 1:59am On Dec 03, 2018
sultaan:

You are 100% correct, when i changed that in my car, few days later, my car broke down completely. The engine was replaced
Re: What Is This Vehicle Part Called? by RoryWhitfeld: 11:14am On Jun 12, 2022
Occurring of such kind of error is coming but they have given the solution of this problem to us. Being the professional of accounting I use these kind of software and they are helping me a lot in this regard.useful reference

(1) (Reply)

Pikidi.com Vs Olist.ng Which Is The Best To Sell Car Fast / Would You Call This Car Problematic? / High Resale Of Eod Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.