Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,175 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

A Poor African Boy Drinking Dirty Water - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / A Poor African Boy Drinking Dirty Water (2057 Views)

Drinking Garri: Who Else Will Never Stop Enjoying This Food? / The Poor Meal Man Got In Ibadan N10k Per Night Hotel / Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Poor African Boy Drinking Dirty Water by akintade59: 5:10pm On Dec 01, 2018
https://www.irunmoleblog.com/2018/12/a-poor-african-boy-drinking-dirty-water.html

There are numerous reasons why poverty has become a serious problem in Africa. it is very obvious largely in Africa that a lot of factors are being attached to poverty:political instability, ethnic conflicts, climate change e.t.c

The greatest causes of poverty in Africa which African government is not taking much concern on is the lack of clean drinking water across the country. According to Africa public Health.Info "1.6 million people die every year from just diarrhea diseases (including cholera) attributable to lack of access to safe drinking water & basic sanitation.

The lack of water is an often a great obstacle to helping oneself. You can't grow food crops, you can't stay healthy, African women are dis-proportionally burdened by the scarcity of clean drinking water. In most African societies.

The World Health Organization has shown in economic terms that: for every $1 invested in water and sanitation, there is an economic return of between $3 and $34! African Government should therefore make a viable structure and mind-blowing investment plans relating to the availability of clean waters to every homes.

Without clean water, the possibility of breaking out of the cycle of poverty in Africa is very low.

-OTAWA.

Re: A Poor African Boy Drinking Dirty Water by Jay5mie: 5:39pm On Dec 01, 2018
LuciferInnocent:
Chocolate flavoured water is rare. I've never had it.
All I had growing up was tasteless pure water.

Every child in the world would give an arm to have chocowater but this ingrate has it in abundance & is still complaining.

So what is to be pitied here?

I hate ungrateful people.

*spits angry
undecided

Re: A Poor African Boy Drinking Dirty Water by meobizy(f): 4:07pm On Dec 02, 2018
Hmm. An African boy. I see Europeans who sustain themselves off potatoes for every meal. How about the homeless Americans I see who eat from trash cans and beg for money to sustain their drug and alcohol habit?
I understand the article but putting “African” in the title undermines the whole continent to a shit hole. Why not find the name of his city or village and post that instead?

(1) (Reply)

It's Time For Endless Munch It Guys! :) / Which Drink Readily Comes To Mind / Check Out My Breakfast (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.