Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,265 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android (20742 Views)

Huawei Has Reduced Phone Production Deals After Google Ban / Huawei Has Completed The World's First 5G Live Broadcast In The UK / Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android by MrWondah(m): 9:12am On Dec 02, 2018
Topmaike007:
they are not competing with Google but want to stand alone
What is the meaning of competition? Who owns Android?
Re: Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android by Topmaike007(m): 9:16am On Dec 02, 2018
bizhop01:
Their own case go worst pas blackberry
because others failed,dat does not mean you will also fail if you try what they did, all what matters most is consistency and planning coupled with hard work...I believe they will succeed if Android could succeed with the love people have for symbian then, Huawei Will succeed...
Re: Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android by Topmaike007(m): 9:17am On Dec 02, 2018
SocialJustice:
Hello, I like this your phone. What is the name?

Waaaweee.

Rubbish.
what is rubbish there, the same way it sounds awkward that is the same way your language is to them

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android by Topmaike007(m): 9:20am On Dec 02, 2018
bizhop01:
Their own case go worst pas blackberry
blackberry died because they could not keep up with the latest thrend..go and search for Kirin processor and you will see that Even Qualcomm is learning,who believe they will succeed with the processor when they started 2 to 3 years ago...
Re: Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android by ogundeleai(m): 9:22am On Dec 02, 2018
There's nothing bad in trying but they should investigate as part of feasibility /viability why Microsoft made similar move but unable to make headway before heading to oblivion... Goodluck to them
Re: Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android by Topmaike007(m): 9:22am On Dec 02, 2018
Olalekank:
Either this is a FAKE news or Huawei is confused.

Isn't this the same Huawei that confirmed that they were going to use Fuschia OS, Google's OS which they are currently building, in their next phone.

If they really want to build theirs, it would be a sheer waste of resource considering the fact that they need to launch their own store, you create an account to be able to access the store to download apps. We mobile developers would have to get accustomed with the language which is going to be used, let's see na.

Google's fuschia despite the smart guys and resources Google have has been in construction since 2016, we shouldn't expect this ANYTIME soon.
we are not expecting it now,but in the next 4 years

1 Like

Re: Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android by Topmaike007(m): 9:22am On Dec 02, 2018
Olalekank:
Yahoo boys are not smart.
help me tell am oo
Re: Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android by Topmaike007(m): 9:25am On Dec 02, 2018
otunbadan:
Outside the fact that they will copy and paste ... I think they should just give up that endeavor... Nokia, blackberry tried and failed... Apple is finding it not funny outside us and Europe with their overpriced phones with their OS... Let them just stick to andloid joor

in Africa today the China brands are every where if Tecno, infinix, itel, Gionee, xaiomi,alcatel and their own gadget can implement the O.s believe me Android is gone in Africa..
Re: Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android by Topmaike007(m): 9:27am On Dec 02, 2018
dustydee:

Use it at your own risk. Your data will be readily available to the Chinese government. It may sell well in China but won't in the developed world due to security reasons. China is not like the US where there are data protection laws.
people are already using it,so keep your hatred..

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android by persius555(m): 9:27am On Dec 02, 2018
Aside from Ali Express ad cheap variants of products, what else do the chinese have to offer? WEEBO, WECHAT etc are all domicilled in china and the whole world wouldnt touch it with a stick.

China is a country like the America and not the whole world
Re: Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android by Topmaike007(m): 9:27am On Dec 02, 2018
TechCapon:
the law still doesn't stop Facebook from selling people's data for money grin
help me tell am oo

1 Like

Re: Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android by udemzyudex(m): 9:28am On Dec 02, 2018
nengibo:

In China one app does everything so its easier, wechat is a super app and thats basically all they need

Only wechat? Oh they will develop another app that will handle everything again just like wechat huh
Re: Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android by OLUWABIG(m): 9:29am On Dec 02, 2018
MrWondah:

Are u sure that Google as bought Kaios ?
Re: Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android by Topmaike007(m): 9:30am On Dec 02, 2018
Olalekank:

Knowledge is power indeed! With internet, a laptop and electricity, you can learn coding on your own and grow from there. Many programming jobs do not require you to have a degree to come in.

Keep helping yourself while making another innocent person cry for your wrongdoing.

Also, please speed up with the last paragraph in your comment, despite the fact I am not comfortable with doing it, if it's going to make the polithievians cry for loss of money, I don't mind.
oga Biko leave the fraudster

1 Like

Re: Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android by Topmaike007(m): 9:30am On Dec 02, 2018
MrWondah:
Google
Re: Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android by persius555(m): 9:41am On Dec 02, 2018
Topmaike007:
in Africa today the China brands are every where if Tecno, infinix, itel, Gionee, xaiomi,alcatel and their own gadget can implement the O.s believe me Android is gone in Africa..

Tell me one product which has vast and up to date support and development community that has emanated from china? The chinese have very low respect for privacy and intellectual property. Their products are agents of spywares for their government.

The upper hand the chinese have is their swiftness to adopting new technologies while others are pussy-footing. The foundation of most of their products are technology from elsewhere. All the same, the chinese have done well for themselves but they know their place.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android by MrWondah(m): 9:47am On Dec 02, 2018
Topmaike007:
Google
If Huwai success, there is 80% chance that China would restrict tthe use of Android. Huwai on its own would make sure more coys use their os.
Anyway you want to pit it, they will definitely compete.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android by MrWondah(m): 9:49am On Dec 02, 2018
OLUWABIG:

Are u sure that Google as bought Kaios ?

Google has not officially bought Kaios but have invested heavily in it. Google have invested not less down $22 million
Re: Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android by dustydee: 9:54am On Dec 02, 2018
Topmaike007:
people are already using it,so keep your hatred..

Hatred for who or what? Did you mean to reply to another post?
Re: Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android by Delivar(m): 9:59am On Dec 02, 2018
spiritedtete:
It has very little chance to succeed... Even their recent 5G was cut short by sanctions.

They are already rubbing their name in the mud... By saying they are developing a spy technology for china.
Anybody who knows China very well will know they think in 10 - 20 years. 15 years of vigorous support is a long time for a new OS to grow and surpass Android.
Re: Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android by Delivar(m): 10:02am On Dec 02, 2018
udemzyudex:

And you think this China developers will develop all duplicate or exact andriod apps so people can use?

Huawei knows something that you don't know or else they wouldn't be embarking on this journey. You are only speaking based on what you know.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android by OLUWABIG(m): 10:07am On Dec 02, 2018
MrWondah:

Google has not officially bought Kaios but have invested heavily in it. Google have invested not less down $22 million

huh just leave the rest they will soon buy it and mix it up with android
Re: Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android by Reference(m): 10:18am On Dec 02, 2018
Not too sure about this. Don't know of any tech sec where China leads. They are good at volume reproductions but cutting edge?....And I don't think Android will remain static over this period either but in tech.... you just never know.
Re: Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android by Cyrus176(m): 10:34am On Dec 02, 2018
Cumtroller:
Bruce lee?
i swear i tot its the late bruce lee
Re: Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android by MrWondah(m): 10:42am On Dec 02, 2018
OLUWABIG:

huh just leave the rest they will soon buy it and mix it up with android
They do know how to do business, I respect Google aand Facebook. Once they see you have potential, they sponsor you, then buy you.

But here in naija, if them see you as competitor, they'll make sure your idea dies
Re: Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android by udemzyudex(m): 10:52am On Dec 02, 2018
Delivar:

Huawei knows something that you don't know or else they wouldn't be embarking on this journey. You are only speaking based on what you know.

I'm speaking on the fact that I'm considered as one of the end user here, a potential buyer.

I remember when Nokia tried to bring out their own operating system instead of switching to android or producing some products with andriod, they were screwed.

I'm not saying that they can't do whatever they want but they have a very little chance of succeeding.
Re: Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android by OLUWABIG(m): 11:00am On Dec 02, 2018
MrWondah:

They do know how to do business, I respect Google aand Facebook. Once they see you have potential, they sponsor you, then buy you.

But here in naija, if them see you as competitor, they'll make sure your idea dies

you know that how Google did with Android and YouTube too

walahi Google have sense baje baje
Re: Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android by Nobody: 11:02am On Dec 02, 2018
This Is a very nice and welcome development.
Re: Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android by Delivar(m): 11:12am On Dec 02, 2018
udemzyudex:

I'm speaking on the fact that I'm considered as one of the end user here, a potential buyer.

I remember when Nokia tried to bring out their own operating system instead of switching to android or producing some products with andriod, they were screwed.

I'm not saying that they can't do whatever they want but they have a very little chance of succeeding.
And you think they ain't aware of all these before taking a decision?
When Symbian was everywhere nobody believed Android will suddenly grab the market.

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android by SocialJustice: 11:17am On Dec 02, 2018
Topmaike007:
what is rubbish there, the same way it sounds awkward that is the same way your language is to them
Exactly and I reserve the right not to engage their products or services.
Re: Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:18am On Dec 02, 2018
This new development by Huawei will be successful because, China has a big market and I am sure other brands like Tecno, Infinix and co., once they accept the OS they will give Android run for their money.
Re: Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android by kjhova(m): 11:26am On Dec 02, 2018
spiritedtete:
It has very little chance to succeed... Even their recent 5G was cut short by sanctions.

They are already rubbing their name in the mud... By saying they are developing a spy technology for china.

But it is all a lie and the rest of the world can see through America's hypocrisy. The number one spy network globally is the American Intel. Yet they are the first to accuse Chinese firms of working for the Chinese government.

Truth is that for decades, American businesses has held an advantage over their global competitors due to assistance from the US Intel, military and diplomatic power. Apple's dominance over Blackberry and Nokia is not necessarily due to better business model at Apple. They have the might of America behind them while the others only have Canada and Finland to depend on.

Kirin will sell. Chinese businesses are thriving all over the world despite American propaganda to vilify them.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

DSS: Fear Of Buying Re-allocated SIM Grips Mobile Subscribers / Unlock All New Samsung Phones / How To Prevent Your Charger Or Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.