Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,887 members, 7,817,613 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Fate of a Graduate with 3rd Class in Nigeria - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fate of a Graduate with 3rd Class in Nigeria (19866 Views)

For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! / I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 / How Can I Do A Master's With A 3rd Class ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fate of a Graduate with 3rd Class in Nigeria by Hndholder(m): 4:57pm On Aug 19, 2005
Remember your COREN registration too.
Re: Fate of a Graduate with 3rd Class in Nigeria by QUAM: 6:24pm On Aug 24, 2005
I am probably one of the few people who think that your result in school does not really matter. I did my undergraduate in the United States, but I HATED the idea that school is the ultimate and only way. I currently run a telecoms outfit in NiGERIA AND THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS, I really dont care what my employees certificate say, I do not believe in book smarts only. Nigeria is a society that so much believe in paper certificate. 3rd class, not sure what that mean, but from the look of things it does not seeem to be the best result. All I CAN say is good luck. I also think Nigeria is a society with a lot of theory and not much practical, In essence BS. jUST MY OWN perspective.
Re: Fate of a Graduate with 3rd Class in Nigeria by uchetobi(f): 10:09am On Sep 15, 2005
Hey. its not d end of d world. just go 4 ur masters immediately and try ur best. dont 4get 2 b prayerful and with God on ur side d sky is not ur limit
Re: Fate of a Graduate with 3rd Class in Nigeria by Hndholder(m): 11:38am On Sep 16, 2005
Masters with 3rd class?
Re: Fate of a Graduate with 3rd Class in Nigeria by joftech(m): 9:24pm On Sep 16, 2005
Why all these stupid talk/advice for him to go for masters. He does not really need that if he determined to make it in life.

Ubong Essien of http://www.mistermotivator.com said he graduted with 3rd class.

You can check his latest article in Success Digest.

It's all about your attitude not your altitude.

And why is the main guy not even responding to all these posts, or has he let the storm of his 3rd class swept him off the stage of life!
Re: Fate of a Graduate with 3rd Class in Nigeria by spunk(m): 1:31pm On Feb 14, 2006
ol boy l feel your pain your pain.the thing no easy at all.everybody go dey look you like a reject.
my was case that l had a good point in 100 levels,2.7 all because l wanted to change to med.inially l was given chemistry.l was refused transfer,then l let my self go.discouraged,dilusioned and finally frustrated l ended up having a third(three stripes or sergent)but l owned up and accepted my faith.now i'm into [b]IT[/b]AND WOULD BE HEADING ON TO LONDON FOR MY MASTERS IN SOFT DEV.
my friend the only way na to find how you go do one pgd or the other to support your result or else you go dey 10yrs go pass you by.l dey come tops for appitude test for bank,oil company but the problem na that 3rd dey spoil everything.the only way na to get more education gbam!!!
Re: Fate of a Graduate with 3rd Class in Nigeria by chy(f): 9:35am On Mar 03, 2006
i agerr with otokx is better to upgrade with professinal qualifications and
be good practically u will excel if u a intelligent and determined
D grade wont pull u down
Re: Fate of a Graduate with 3rd Class in Nigeria by CndnBacon: 5:37pm On Mar 14, 2006
I suggest you go back to school. All the advice you’ve received so far about praying, or “one friend” or “one lawyer” with a third class will leave you with a remote likelihood to succeed.
I’m certain that for every 1 person with a third class that succeeds they are 50,000 (just illustrative estimates) first class grads that succeed. I know several people who knew nobody (absolutely no connections) and who landed jobs with the cream of the crop (2 are with Shell, one’s with Schlumberger and one’s with Mobil); what they had in common was that they made 1st class degrees and 2.1’s.
I made a 2.2. in my first undergrad (in Nigeria) and went back to school (Abroad) and redid it. Made a first class and it with God’s favour it has opened numerous doors.
It might seem like the painful route but trust me; sometimes they are no shortcuts in life. Some of us unfortunately will have to earn every $ or Naira we make.
If you’re a VERY LUCKY person and hope to strike gold in spite of your third class then disregard my advice and keep fasting, but if you find that your grades are constituting a road block to your success and want to alter your destiny, keep fasting but also reapply for direct entry into university.

I find that as adults when we’re given a second chance we do much better and I’m sure you’ll be no exception 
All the best
Re: Fate of a Graduate with 3rd Class in Nigeria by Hotstepper(f): 7:29pm On Mar 14, 2006
why does ur GPA has to depend on u getting a job knowing that da person could get it 1st class by paying etc and that's why I hate when people in Nigeria r entering school, they can do anything to get 1st class or 2nd class upper cuz of it job. It should be about knowledge like how it is done abroad, What you answered during ur interview is what matters, well don't know again, if you have a 3rd class, try doing your masters or what someone suggested as n going back to school to re-do the degree if you like, but in Nigeria, it alwayz about connection cuz someone with 3rd class and well connected cans till get a job, if I may ask, do they people with foreign degree go through this 1st class thing in Nigeria cuz I think it doesn't matter, tongue
Re: Fate of a Graduate with 3rd Class in Nigeria by kinjhorghe(m): 12:47pm On Mar 16, 2006
Guy since nobody wants to give you a chance to prove your worth, i suggest you go for PGD after which you can then go ahead with your masters programme.
I`m tempted to believe you dont have the cash or your parents are not ready to pay your fees anymore. Take this piece of suggestion i have:Go to any northern school like Unijos, FUT minna, ATBU bauchi, BUK kano etc. PGD and MASTERS are affordable in these schools.
I WISH YOU THE VERY BEST IN YOUR FUTURE ENDEVOURS.
KingJhorghe
Ikoyi
Re: Fate of a Graduate with 3rd Class in Nigeria by jayvinnie(m): 12:42am On Sep 09, 2006
Hnd and 3rd class pass are not equal. Degree is degree.
Re: Fate of a Graduate with 3rd Class in Nigeria by Jasiel(f): 6:25pm On Sep 09, 2006
If u're a christian,i recommend deliverance. But if u know in ur heart of hearts dat u deserve d third class den u cannot reap where u did not sow. U said u were not expecting d third class, i recommend serious prayers and fasting. look byond d physical,it cud b a spiritual problem.
Re: Fate of a Graduate with 3rd Class in Nigeria by khufu: 12:34pm On Jul 02, 2008
who the hell told hnd holder that bullshit that HND and Degree are thesame? the monkey and baboon may claim oneness but the monkey is monkey,and the baboon,baboon. apologies to Ola Rotimi. i left the polytechnic ibadan with a semester left for me to get an ND, do you think i am mad? you better get that idea that HND and Bachelors are thesame out of your mind. upgrade your knowledge and hence your status. i am not stupid slugging it out for 4 years without a fucking IT break.
Re: Fate of a Graduate with 3rd Class in Nigeria by DesmondO1: 9:01pm On Jul 02, 2008
Guy,stop wailing. I'm an undergraduate and i run a business online that pumps in over a hundred grand monthly so what are you saying.
See for knowledge.there are many things you can do without a degree in naija. Go ask Dangote whether e get degree before e begin get sense.
Search online,look and think for a need you can meet and then satisfy that need. there are millions of people around the world that need services to be rendered to them.
Think,think and think. You can be a billionaire in the next five years if you think.
Afterall Carlos Slim ( the richest man in Mexico) cant even use a computer! He takes most of his investment records in a ledger.
You can go for a PGD if you too like book. but if you can make your cash in Naija through business,even University of Toronto would give you a certificate when you're ready to get one. Ask Babangida-e go tell you how e take do am.
Re: Fate of a Graduate with 3rd Class in Nigeria by shapa(m): 11:20pm On Jul 02, 2008
Must you seek employment and be a slave to your employer?

I invite you to my free forex and website design seminar coming up next week friday 11Th July 2008. Time : 9am prompt. But you must text your Gsm no and name so that we can reserve your seat and tell you the venue.

Don't go hungry and become a begger in the land, full of honey.

Pastor Raphael.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Strike: President Buhari Meets With NANS At Presidential Villa / RSUST Announces They Will Be Screening Test Instead Of Post Utme Screening / Can Two Gce Result Be Accepted For University Admission?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.