Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,245 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Georgia Official Takes Oath Of Office On Malcolmx Autobiography Instead Of Bible - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Georgia Official Takes Oath Of Office On Malcolmx Autobiography Instead Of Bible (555 Views)

‘Alien Corpses’ Shown To Congress As UFO Expert Forced To Testify Under Oath / Putin Orders Wagner Fighters To Sign Oath Of Allegiance / Online Sale Of Bible Banned In China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Georgia Official Takes Oath Of Office On Malcolmx Autobiography Instead Of Bible by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 02, 2018
A Georgia county official has taken her oath of office by placing her hand on The Autobiography of Malcolm X instead of on the bible, as is most common during American swearing-in ceremonies.
Mariah Parker, a 26-year-old doctorate student who was elected to the Athens-Clarke County commission, said that she turned down two other options presented by officials at the swearing in before she picked the autobiography.“They asked if they would like the Bible and I said no. My mother asked if there was a copy of the Constitution around. No,” Ms Parker told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “I wanted Malcolm’s book. I think they saw it coming.”
She managed to win the commission seat by just 13 votes, and said that Malcolm X’s life story inspires and informs her world view.“Having seen the transformation of someone who came through a difficult background to become vocal and push conversations on race in a radical way is powerful,” Ms Parker told the newspaper.“Then he shifted course and saw race in a different lens as he got older,” she continued. “And the fact that he was arguably killed for his politics. These are things that I want to embrace.”

Re: Georgia Official Takes Oath Of Office On Malcolmx Autobiography Instead Of Bible by Nobody: 10:37pm On Dec 02, 2018
Re: Georgia Official Takes Oath Of Office On Malcolmx Autobiography Instead Of Bible by NwaAmaikpe: 10:41pm On Dec 02, 2018
shocked

God bless Malcolm X

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Georgia Official Takes Oath Of Office On Malcolmx Autobiography Instead Of Bible by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 02, 2018
The emancipator
Re: Georgia Official Takes Oath Of Office On Malcolmx Autobiography Instead Of Bible by Aaronsrod: 1:36am On Dec 03, 2018
Na winch ooo!! shocked shocked

There is no rulership without Jesus.

She will bring curses on her land and people.
Re: Georgia Official Takes Oath Of Office On Malcolmx Autobiography Instead Of Bible by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 03, 2018
Aaronsrod:
Na winch ooo!! shocked shocked

There is no rulership without Jesus.

She will bring curses on her land and people.
What about the people that lived and successfully ruled before "Jesus". undecided

1 Like

Re: Georgia Official Takes Oath Of Office On Malcolmx Autobiography Instead Of Bible by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 03, 2018
To me, there's no difference..they are both books.

1 Like

Re: Georgia Official Takes Oath Of Office On Malcolmx Autobiography Instead Of Bible by Aaronsrod: 12:44pm On Dec 03, 2018
HarkymTheOracle:

What about the people that lived and successfully ruled before "Jesus". undecided

They are now burning in Hellfire.
Re: Georgia Official Takes Oath Of Office On Malcolmx Autobiography Instead Of Bible by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 03, 2018
Aaronsrod:

They are now burning in Hellfire.
Lol.. The one that hasn't been "introduced" to them or which? cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Two Big Snakes Chased Liberian President Out Of Office. / SEE How Protesters Blocked Convoy Of Newly Sworn British Prime Minister(photo) / Don't Cross Into America Illegally, Trump Warns Nigerians, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.