Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

HIV Couples Give Birth To 72 Negative Babies In Bauchi - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HIV Couples Give Birth To 72 Negative Babies In Bauchi (25186 Views)

Ghanaian Nurse Helps A Pregnant Woman Give Birth On The Road (Photos) / "I Swapped Close To 5,000 Babies In 12 Years" - Zambian Nurse Confesses / 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

HIV Couples Give Birth To 72 Negative Babies In Bauchi by sophsia62: 6:15am On Dec 03, 2018
Dr. Muhammad Alkali, the Chairman, Bauchi State Agency for the of Control HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Leprosy And Malaria (BACATMA), says some HIV positive couples has given birth to 72 negative and healthy babies in the state.

Alkali disclosed this at a news conference to mark the 2018 World AIDS Day celebration in Bauchi on Sunday.

“Around 156 HIV couples in the state have kicked the dreaded infection in the womb with medical interventions.

“The 72 babies of HIV-positive couples have delivered them healthy and negative of HIV,” Alkali said.

According to him, since the establishment of the agency in 2008, it organised and supported matched making marriages of 156 couples resulting in the delivery of 72 babies tested negative.

He said the agency also procured and distributed 120,000 units of HIV rapid test kits to 323 health facilities to strengthen prevention of mother to child transmission of the virus.

Alkali said the agency is supporting HIV/AIDS victims with food stuff of varying functions in the body to encourage the people living with HIV.

The state Chairman of Network of People Living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria, Malam Usman Abubakar, commended the agency for helping to organise the marriage of couples living with HIV/AIDS in the state.

Abubakar noted that the state government had spent about N3.8 million on the project by paying between N20,000 and N30,000 as bride price for each couple who got married during the period.

“The government supported and organised marriages that had brought our members closed to people and government which impacted positively and encourage the impressive number of babies that tested negative to the HIV virus,” he said.

https://www.akelicious.net/2018/12/hiv-couples-give-birth-to-72-negative.html

2 Likes

Re: HIV Couples Give Birth To 72 Negative Babies In Bauchi by Paulfroshman: 6:25am On Dec 03, 2018
Tiwa Savage Toasts Wizkid On Stage At Global Citizen Festival 2018 Performance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eETWU75ZdZA

This Is Why Wizkid & Tiwa Savage Are "DATING"!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b67bzBlLRY
Re: HIV Couples Give Birth To 72 Negative Babies In Bauchi by Cochima: 6:25am On Dec 03, 2018
They took their medications seriously, kudos to them

9 Likes

Re: HIV Couples Give Birth To 72 Negative Babies In Bauchi by itiswellandwell: 6:25am On Dec 03, 2018
Noted
Re: HIV Couples Give Birth To 72 Negative Babies In Bauchi by SeniorZato(m): 6:25am On Dec 03, 2018
My eyes are widely opened right now
Re: HIV Couples Give Birth To 72 Negative Babies In Bauchi by drealcivilceno(m): 6:27am On Dec 03, 2018
cool
Re: HIV Couples Give Birth To 72 Negative Babies In Bauchi by anambraamaka: 6:27am On Dec 03, 2018
Wawu

3 Likes

Re: HIV Couples Give Birth To 72 Negative Babies In Bauchi by landmark86: 6:27am On Dec 03, 2018
Amazing!
But nevertheless always protect yourself
Re: HIV Couples Give Birth To 72 Negative Babies In Bauchi by Nobody: 6:28am On Dec 03, 2018
I go do test with my babe I fear like tomorrow no de but thankGod shaa

5 Likes

Re: HIV Couples Give Birth To 72 Negative Babies In Bauchi by bayocanny: 6:29am On Dec 03, 2018
unbelievable!!

1 Like

Re: HIV Couples Give Birth To 72 Negative Babies In Bauchi by sundaygray(m): 6:29am On Dec 03, 2018
This one na morning abeg
Re: HIV Couples Give Birth To 72 Negative Babies In Bauchi by bsbability(m): 6:29am On Dec 03, 2018
That’s a good development!!!
Re: HIV Couples Give Birth To 72 Negative Babies In Bauchi by Yankiss(m): 6:33am On Dec 03, 2018
Welcome development. HIV is just a disease or sickness. It is AIDS that ought to be dreaded. But unfortunately, our people out of ignorance neglect to test for HIV until it has progressed to a point called AIDS where the T4 cell count may no longer be helped. Therefore, early detection is the key. Also, there is need for sensitization. HIV/AIDS is still highly stigmatized in the country. It is just one of those sicknesses and contagion by means other than sexual intercourse is high.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: HIV Couples Give Birth To 72 Negative Babies In Bauchi by Nobody: 6:36am On Dec 03, 2018
THAT IS MASSIVE
Re: HIV Couples Give Birth To 72 Negative Babies In Bauchi by Cumtroller: 6:39am On Dec 03, 2018
HIV was brought into this country by Afonja’s. Adebimpe Fakoya imported the dreaded disease back in 1987 after sleeping with infected humans in Italy.

The rest is history...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: HIV Couples Give Birth To 72 Negative Babies In Bauchi by Pabloosas(m): 6:46am On Dec 03, 2018
Good. My initial thought: just 1 couple giving birth to 72 kids

1 Like

Re: HIV Couples Give Birth To 72 Negative Babies In Bauchi by easynetsms(m): 6:57am On Dec 03, 2018
thats good to hear

buy cheap internet data. check my profile for more details
Re: HIV Couples Give Birth To 72 Negative Babies In Bauchi by Kharol1234: 6:59am On Dec 03, 2018
Pabloosas:
me 2
Re: HIV Couples Give Birth To 72 Negative Babies In Bauchi by aku626(m): 6:59am On Dec 03, 2018
What percent. This good and welcoming news though
Re: HIV Couples Give Birth To 72 Negative Babies In Bauchi by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 03, 2018
Good Development
Re: HIV Couples Give Birth To 72 Negative Babies In Bauchi by Greatidonis: 7:01am On Dec 03, 2018
Fake news!
Re: HIV Couples Give Birth To 72 Negative Babies In Bauchi by JoseVanMoyes: 7:14am On Dec 03, 2018
please don't involve me with anything bout HIV
it's early in the week to be discussing this stuff

2 Likes

Re: HIV Couples Give Birth To 72 Negative Babies In Bauchi by Nobody: 7:15am On Dec 03, 2018
sundaygray:
This one na morning abeg
Not money. D drugs are free. Read books and stop being ignorant. If u use ur drugs and on time, u wld get negative babies 99.9pcnt of d time

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: HIV Couples Give Birth To 72 Negative Babies In Bauchi by amahthelma(f): 7:16am On Dec 03, 2018
He never meant just one couple,he pluralized it so meaning some couples living with HIV gave birth to 72 babies without the virus
Re: HIV Couples Give Birth To 72 Negative Babies In Bauchi by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 03, 2018
Greatidonis:
Fake news!
Use ur brain, read books too. Veey ignorant Nigeriana. Dont u have medical people in ur families u can ask? Typing rubbish on nairaland daily is what dey knw
Re: HIV Couples Give Birth To 72 Negative Babies In Bauchi by rabonni(m): 7:23am On Dec 03, 2018
The west is making money with HIV, open your eyes guys, HIV got cure, and they have refused to let it out, when you try to they kill you.

Ask your self this question

HIV blood formed the baby, the baby's placental is connected to the mother, during child birth blood must enter the baby's mouth

1 Like

Re: HIV Couples Give Birth To 72 Negative Babies In Bauchi by lesbiconverter: 7:25am On Dec 03, 2018
This is sad news for those who introduced HIV to decimate the black race lipsrsealed

1 Share

Re: HIV Couples Give Birth To 72 Negative Babies In Bauchi by 10kgod(m): 7:27am On Dec 03, 2018
this is what we called a development
Re: HIV Couples Give Birth To 72 Negative Babies In Bauchi by nattty(m): 7:36am On Dec 03, 2018
Pabloosas:
"Couples" wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Final Year Pharmacy Student Dies In India (pics) / How Ordinary N500 Aboniki Balm Healed Me Of Chronic Waist Pain / Woman Wants To Be Paid Before Taking Her Sick Child For Treatment. Graphic Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.