Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

5 Artistes The Internet Has Produced (for The Industry) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 5 Artistes The Internet Has Produced (for The Industry) (28903 Views)

Nigeria Musicians Who Influenced Fraudulent Music To The Industry / 5 Artistes Who Have Lost Their Mojo / Tracklist Of Olamide "Lagos Nawa" 7th Album Produced By Young John (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Artistes The Internet Has Produced (for The Industry) by magazineguy(m): 11:53am On Dec 03, 2018
The internet is increasingly becoming an integral part of music business around the world. Not only is it a platform for consumers to access music materials, it also allows creators get their art to be heard and seen. In the right hands, the internet, particularly Instagram and Twitter, can be portals to fame and fortune. Here is a list of 5 artistes who have used the internet as a portal to fame:

Mayorkun

He is now an established pop star with a befitting title: “The Mayor of Lagos.” Before his big break in 2016, the acclaimed singer was a young man with a flair for music, holed up in the banking sector. He recorded a video of himself making a cover to Davido and Olamide’s duet: “The Money.” Davido picked up interest in the video and it developed into a record deal for Mayorkun who seized the chance to actualise his dreams.

Teni

Her success story is a testament to the power of the internet in helping an artiste find an audience. Under Shizzi’s Magic Finger Records she started with posting freestyle videos and skits on Instagram. And around late 2016, one of her videos spread across the platform like wildfire, making her an Internet sensation and earning her a chance to switch to Dr. Dolor Entertainment where she has grown to become a big deal in industry. Interestingly, she continually uses her social media platforms to reach lovers of her art. She is a gift of the internet to the music industry.

Picazo Rhap

The YBNL new signee is another success story of the internet. He partook in the Instagram challenge of Chinko Ekun’s street-pop anthem, Able Gold, and his impressive rap skill caused his video to go viral. The rave translated into a record deal with one of the country’s biggest labels, boosting his profile in the process and making a talent to watch in the future.

Zamorra

The Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) graduate attracted some attention to himself with his creative covers; but it is the viral success of one of his recent “importanter” video, which brought him to the industry’s focus. He then released an official version that was welcomed by the public. Since the trend, Zamo Sings now walks in industry circles as one of the stars on the rise.

Temi Ovwasa (YBNL Princess)

Olamide himself was the scout who found Temi on Instagram. She recounted the story in an interview in 2017. “I used to sing and record covers of different songs, which I post on Instagram. In August last year (2016), I uploaded a particular video of a song and realised that Olamide had liked all my videos”, she said. The interest led to her getting signed and made her the YBNL princess whose announcement shook the industry.

The internet still offers opportunities to artistes. There are potential investors like Olamide and Dr. Dolor lurking around the streets of the internet looking for prospects; and millions of fans out there who would appreciate brilliant works of art if it is shown to them.

source: http://tushmagazine.com.ng/5-artistes-internet-produced-industry/
Re: 5 Artistes The Internet Has Produced (for The Industry) by emmanuelpopson(m): 12:21pm On Dec 03, 2018
without internet.. these people wouldn't have been heard... but most of their songs are noises...

15 Likes

Re: 5 Artistes The Internet Has Produced (for The Industry) by taylor88(m): 2:13pm On Dec 03, 2018
Teni my love for you is irreplaceable

Wish your voice matches your look

You the best

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Artistes The Internet Has Produced (for The Industry) by blackwizwise(m): 2:13pm On Dec 03, 2018
i know just three

1 Like

Re: 5 Artistes The Internet Has Produced (for The Industry) by taylor88(m): 2:13pm On Dec 03, 2018
emmanuelpopson:
without internet.. these people wouldn't have been heard... but most of their songs are noises...

Bad Belle

Abeg remove Teni from your list of Noise makers

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Artistes The Internet Has Produced (for The Industry) by stanley000: 2:14pm On Dec 03, 2018
Especially those coming from ybnl. Is it that these artists spend too much time on Instagram Instead if doing good music

4 Likes

Re: 5 Artistes The Internet Has Produced (for The Industry) by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 03, 2018
magazineguy:
The internet is increasingly becoming an integral part of music business around the world. Not only is it a platform for consumers to access music materials, it also allows creators get their art to be heard and seen. In the right hands, the internet, particularly Instagram and Twitter, can be portals to fame and fortune. Here is a list of 5 artistes who have used the internet as a portal to fame:

Mayorkun

He is now an established pop star with a befitting title: “The Mayor of Lagos.” Before his big break in 2016, the acclaimed singer was a young man with a flair for music, holed up in the banking sector. He recorded a video of himself making a cover to Davido and Olamide’s duet: “The Money.” Davido picked up interest in the video and it developed into a record deal for Mayorkun who seized the chance to actualise his dreams.

Teni

Her success story is a testament to the power of the internet in helping an artiste find an audience. Under Shizzi’s Magic Finger Records she started with posting freestyle videos and skits on Instagram. And around late 2016, one of her videos spread across the platform like wildfire, making her an Internet sensation and earning her a chance to switch to Dr. Dolor Entertainment where she has grown to become a big deal in industry. Interestingly, she continually uses her social media platforms to reach lovers of her art. She is a gift of the internet to the music industry.

Picazo Rhap

The YBNL new signee is another success story of the internet. He partook in the Instagram challenge of Chinko Ekun’s street-pop anthem, Able Gold, and his impressive rap skill caused his video to go viral. The rave translated into a record deal with one of the country’s biggest labels, boosting his profile in the process and making a talent to watch in the future.

Zamorra

The Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) graduate attracted some attention to himself with his creative covers; but it is the viral success of one of his recent “importanter” video, which brought him to the industry’s focus. He then released an official version that was welcomed by the public. Since the trend, Zamo Sings now walks in industry circles as one of the stars on the rise.

Olamide himself was the scout who found Temi on Instagram. She recounted the story in an interview in 2017. “I used to sing and record covers of different songs, which I post on Instagram. In August last year (2016), I uploaded a particular video of a song and realised that Olamide had liked all my videos”, she said. The interest led to her getting signed and made her the YBNL princess whose announcement shook the industry.

The internet still offers opportunities to artistes. There are potential investors like Olamide and Dr. Dolor lurking around the streets of the internet looking for prospects; and millions of fans out there who would appreciate brilliant works of art if it is shown to them.

I dont know them...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Artistes The Internet Has Produced (for The Industry) by tstx(m): 2:15pm On Dec 03, 2018
The Internet has sha done more harm than good....

Meanwhile yall need to read this.. Especially if you are an African
4 Unethical Medical Experiments That Used Africans As Guinea Pigs
Re: 5 Artistes The Internet Has Produced (for The Industry) by BruncleZuma: 2:15pm On Dec 03, 2018
grin grin grin grin

Just two people dey that list...Mayorkun and others.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Artistes The Internet Has Produced (for The Industry) by prince088: 2:15pm On Dec 03, 2018
God bless our huslte grin

Meanwhile 

Super clean toks 2012 camry SE full option with 94 miles actualmileage 
https://www.nairaland.com/4858476/super-clean-low-mileage-2012

Super clean toks 2007 Hyundai Elantra with 78k actual mileage. Great for uber or Taxify
https://www.nairaland.com/4880130/toks-2007-hyundai-elantra-78k

No roll back. 

Vin included.
Re: 5 Artistes The Internet Has Produced (for The Industry) by Opinionated: 2:16pm On Dec 03, 2018

Re: 5 Artistes The Internet Has Produced (for The Industry) by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 03, 2018
So you are telling me that Mayorkun's mother influence does not have anything to do with signing him? Be deceiving to yourself there. Okay? Ever heard Davido signs a common man into his label?

7 Likes

Re: 5 Artistes The Internet Has Produced (for The Industry) by idowuswap: 2:17pm On Dec 03, 2018
tell me any flat head artist that blow pass yoruba artist like davido wizkid.in this nation

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Artistes The Internet Has Produced (for The Industry) by Allylic(f): 2:17pm On Dec 03, 2018
Especially that Teniola..

1 Like

Re: 5 Artistes The Internet Has Produced (for The Industry) by idowuswap: 2:18pm On Dec 03, 2018
idowuswap:
tell me any flat head artist that blow pass yoruba artist like davido wizkid.in this nation
flat head that used to kick thier father

4 Likes

Re: 5 Artistes The Internet Has Produced (for The Industry) by keryj(f): 2:18pm On Dec 03, 2018
PIPnator:

I dont know them...

Must you quote eveything
Re: 5 Artistes The Internet Has Produced (for The Industry) by Adieza(m): 2:18pm On Dec 03, 2018
great.
Re: 5 Artistes The Internet Has Produced (for The Industry) by emerged01(m): 2:19pm On Dec 03, 2018
I just love Teni !
My baba no be adeleke but we go dey ok.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Artistes The Internet Has Produced (for The Industry) by yongg: 2:20pm On Dec 03, 2018
You probably have not listened to Temi's Holy water...

She just made up her mind to leave the commercial template pushed by the records to focus on her passion, real good music not noise..

Listen to the soul behind that song, and you may understand...

emmanuelpopson:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Artistes The Internet Has Produced (for The Industry) by Topmaike007(m): 2:20pm On Dec 03, 2018
that Picasso of ybnl is the guy I like for now with a great rap skill the guy is da bomb

3 Likes

Re: 5 Artistes The Internet Has Produced (for The Industry) by Roon9(m): 2:21pm On Dec 03, 2018
Teni and mayokurn is only real talent here

5 Likes

Re: 5 Artistes The Internet Has Produced (for The Industry) by tossie101(f): 2:21pm On Dec 03, 2018
PIPnator:

I dont know them...

Me too undecided
Re: 5 Artistes The Internet Has Produced (for The Industry) by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 03, 2018
keryj:

Must you quote eveything

Get some water.
Calm your nerves.
You need it. wink

1 Like

Re: 5 Artistes The Internet Has Produced (for The Industry) by easynetsms(m): 2:21pm On Dec 03, 2018
Ok
Re: 5 Artistes The Internet Has Produced (for The Industry) by Topmaike007(m): 2:23pm On Dec 03, 2018
idowuswap:
it is vice versa, Yoruba rule music industry while igbo rule football world..

2 Likes

Re: 5 Artistes The Internet Has Produced (for The Industry) by wehdone(m): 2:23pm On Dec 03, 2018
Paul Cleverly, d guy that dsicovered Mr Spell smiley
Re: 5 Artistes The Internet Has Produced (for The Industry) by Heywhizzy(m): 2:23pm On Dec 03, 2018
EmmyBusko:
So you are telling me that Mayorkun's mother influence does not have anything to do with signing him? Be deceiving to yourself there. Okay? Ever heard Davido signs a common man into his label?
Yes, on several occasions .. Dremo, Peruzzi, Ichaba, Idowest, Brodashaggy, even Zlatan ibile(he brought him out to perform at One Africa Music Fest in Dubai, though not signed by Davido neither any features) are few of the "common men" Davido has signed, not to talk of those he has helped and promoted

1 Like

Re: 5 Artistes The Internet Has Produced (for The Industry) by nabegibeg: 2:24pm On Dec 03, 2018
magazineguy:

Mayorkun

Teni

Picazo Rhap

Zamorra

pangolo music

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Don Jazzy Do Marry" - Vic O Drops Donjazzy Diss Track / “i’m Not Hungry But I’m Not Very Comfortable” – Mode Nine / Iyanya Ft D’banj – Kukere Remix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.