Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,917 members, 7,824,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Where To Open A High Class Gaming Center - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Where To Open A High Class Gaming Center (9867 Views)

I Want To Open A Game Shop Advice Needed. / What Do I Need To Open A Game Center / How To Open Nat Type On Mtn 3g (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where To Open A High Class Gaming Center by playmode(m): 11:23am On Jul 30, 2010
I am a 30 year old Nigerian who has been residing in South Africa for a couple of years now. I currently own and run a Video Games Store in the CBD of Johannesburg. My store consist of a Video Game's arcade section, A video game repair section and a sales section. I am a self trained Playstation3, Xbox 360 and Wii technician.

In the video Game's arcade section, customers can come and play their favourite game titles on any of my 10 consoles connected to full 10 HDTVs. We charge them per hour for each game they choose to play. I currently have 5 pS3s and 5 Xbox 360 consoles in the arcade section.

In the Repair section i do the following:

Repair 3 Red light Xbox 360s(RROD)
Repair Xbox 360 E70 errors
Repair Xbox360 blank picture errors
Replace Ps3s faulty lens
Chip / Flash Xbox 360s consoles to play copied games
Chip Nintendo wii to play copied games

In the sales section ,i sell copied Xbox 360 games and copied Wii games.
I also sell video games accessories in this section like battery packs, power adaptors, av cables e.t.c
____________________________________________________________ ___________________

The reason i created this topic is because i will like to relocate back to Nigeria, I have been here in SA for a while and i really miss home. I want to come back home to settle down with my family and establish my business in Lagos. I know how people love video games in Nigeria and i also know how expensive these video games have become.

I feel that i may be able to contribute something positive to the country and the youths if i establish my business there. From what i have gathered so far ,there is no one in Lagos who repairs Xbox 360s ( i may be mistaken but that is what i have heard from my relatives).My business can benefit video game loving Nigerians because here in South Africa i am able to source second hand video game consoles which are in good condition and resell them in Nigeria at reasonable prices. Another plus is my ability to make copied games. The cost of an original Xbox  game range from $60 to $100 but i can make a copy of those games for a mere $5 or less.This will really benefit Nigerians who are struggling to buy one single game.

Like i mentioned above i have been out of the country for a while and i need the professional input of people on the ground in Nigeria. Please advice and tell me if it is wise for me to establish this type of business in Lagos or if i should remain in SA.I have attached somes pictures to give you an idea of what my business is like. I will also like the good people of Nairaland to suggest to me which areas of Lagos my business will thrive in.

People with info about this industry in Nigeria can also reach me at playmodeza@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Where To Open A High Class Gaming Center by playmode(m): 11:24am On Jul 30, 2010
i

1 Like

Re: Where To Open A High Class Gaming Center by playmode(m): 11:26am On Jul 30, 2010
i

1 Share

Re: Where To Open A High Class Gaming Center by playmode(m): 11:30am On Jul 30, 2010
i

Re: Where To Open A High Class Gaming Center by osasp(m): 12:27pm On Jul 30, 2010
wow
wow. . .i really am impressed
help is on the way. . i dont live in nigeria but a good idea would be to see if you can do one close to the shoprite shopping complex at sandfield
families go there all the time and its only understandable for parents to want to leave their kids somewhere while they go about their shopping. . .the buzz around there alone should be good enough to boost your hype and word would go around quickly if your store is really high standard because last time i checked no body really goes as far as seeling the CDs and chipping the consoles in the same venue. . .anyway, i cant really say much because i dont know how things have moved on since i left the country but im really sure with the right location, quality setup, the right target market (rich kids) will come flooding in

1 Like

Re: Where To Open A High Class Gaming Center by playmode(m): 1:11pm On Jul 30, 2010
osasp:

wow
wow. . .i really am impressed
help is on the way. . i dont live in nigeria but a good idea would be to see if you can do one close to the shoprite shopping complex at sandfield
families go there all the time and its only understandable for parents to want to leave their kids somewhere while they go about their shopping. . .the buzz around there alone should be good enough to boost your hype and word would go around quickly if your store is really high standard because last time i checked no body really goes as far as seeling the CDs and chipping the consoles in the same venue. . .anyway, i cant really say much because i dont know how things have moved on since i left the country but im really sure with the right location, quality setup, the right target market (rich kids) will come flooding in

Thank you VERY much for the input.Your idea is the best i heard so far.I really miss home and want to go back but i want to be careful as well.My Business in SA is booming.I don't want to leave a booming business in SA only to go and get stranded in my own country.Unfortunately my immdiate family members are not tech savvy and they live in the egbeda area,that is why i have resulted to asking NL peeps for help.Your suggestion is very good and i will look into it immediately.If any estate agents on NL can help and give me the rental rates for shops in that area.
Re: Where To Open A High Class Gaming Center by Hakim27: 3:48am On Feb 21, 2011
it will be best if you have a branch in nigeria, instead of closing the one in SA and moving to nigeria, so u can travel back and forth.

1 Like

Re: Where To Open A High Class Gaming Center by Mobinga: 1:49am On Feb 26, 2011
shocked shocked shocked WOW!!!!!

Don't close this for anything!!!! shocked shocked shocked Instead make a branch like the dude said!!! This is stunning shocked

(1) (Reply)

Gameplay Of New Games On PS4, XBOX And PC / What Are The Disadvantages Of Buying A Hacked Or Hackable Ps4 / 10 Different Kind Of Video Gamers: Which Category Do You Fall Into?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.