Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,416 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

My Poetry Adventure By Prof Yemi Osibanjo - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Poetry Adventure By Prof Yemi Osibanjo (327 Views)

Fruiting In The Desert Of Widowhood By Prof Imelda Udoh [book Review] / Adventure With The Slay Queen's / My Adventure As A Corper In Plateau State Jos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Poetry Adventure By Prof Yemi Osibanjo by Booktree: 3:34pm On Dec 03, 2018
When I was 10 years old, there was a girl in my class who I was quite certain at the time that I could give my life. So I wrote her a lovely poem over a weekend; I wrote the poem on Friday and finished it on Saturday. And it was, if I may say so myself, a work of sheer genius.

It ended with the dramatic words; “your warm embrace may be the last desire of my heart before I die!” I tucked it in my school bag and looked forward with a heart filled with love for Monday, to present to the object of my affections.

My mum, while cleaning out the bag, found the letter, and all hell broke loose. Needless to say, she beat the poetic genius out of me that terrible afternoon. But that’s not the end of the story. True love as you know, will survive even the worst brutality.

So, I bore my injuries as a worthy suffering. On Monday morning......

Click on the link below to continue reading

https://booktree.ng/forums/topic/my-poetry-adventure-by-prof-yemi-osibanjo/
Re: My Poetry Adventure By Prof Yemi Osibanjo by Booktree: 5:22pm On Dec 03, 2018
sweet story
Re: My Poetry Adventure By Prof Yemi Osibanjo by Booktree: 9:58am On Dec 04, 2018
amazing write up
Re: My Poetry Adventure By Prof Yemi Osibanjo by Booktree: 1:17pm On Dec 05, 2018
DID YOU READ THE STORY OR THE COMMENTS?
Re: My Poetry Adventure By Prof Yemi Osibanjo by Booktree: 6:42am On Dec 06, 2018
Funny though

(1) (Reply)

[INTERVIEW] Meet Cornel Ogar / Okechukwu Onuegbu Now The Sole Administrator Of ANA Anambra / Poetrywithprincejoe: “BOTTLE”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.