Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

IAAF Upholds Russia Athletics Doping Ban Into 2019 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / IAAF Upholds Russia Athletics Doping Ban Into 2019 (3513 Views)

Divine Oduduru Disqualified From IAAF World Championships / Missing Funds: Nigeria Escapes IAAF Ban As Dalung Makes U-turn - Premium Times / Missing Funds: Solomon Dalung Dares IAAF, No Commitment To Repay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IAAF Upholds Russia Athletics Doping Ban Into 2019 by Sportdab(m): 6:52pm On Dec 04, 2018
World Athletics Governing Body, IAAF have on Tuesday unheld a ban against Russia's Athletics Federation over doping in the country.

Russia’s athletics federation (RUSAF) has been suspended since 2015 over a report commissioned by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) that found evidence of widespread, state-sponsored doping in the sport.

IAAF have made it clear the ban will remain in place until samples and data from Moscow's former anti-doping laboratory are made available.

Russia must also pay all costs incurred by the work of the IAAF's task force.

“If the Russians can and will release the (drugs) samples is up to them. I hope they will deliver the data by the end of this year,” said Rune Andersen, head of the IAAF’s task force on Russia, sitting next to IAAF President Sebastian Coe.

“We have received no assurances that it will be delivered to us directly.

"The assurances have been given to WADA and WADA has set a deadline of Dec. 31. We will have to rely on receiving the data from WADA.”

IAAF added that it's Athletics integrity unit must confirm it has been provided the data.

“All of the data and access to the samples that it needs to determine which of the Russian athletes … have a case to answerfor breach of the IAAF anti-doping rules,” the IAAF said in a statement.

“The task force hopes that RUSAF and the Russian authorities will now take all steps necessary to meet these conditions as soon as possible.

“The task force stands ready to meet as soon as these conditions have been met in order to make a recommendation to Council for the reinstatement of RUSAF.”

See more;http://www.mysportdab.com/2018/12/omg-iaaf-upholds-russia-athletics-ban.html

Re: IAAF Upholds Russia Athletics Doping Ban Into 2019 by Deivid10(m): 6:58pm On Dec 04, 2018
Re: IAAF Upholds Russia Athletics Doping Ban Into 2019 by BitsMaster: 6:59pm On Dec 04, 2018
Re: IAAF Upholds Russia Athletics Doping Ban Into 2019 by Teewhy2: 6:59pm On Dec 04, 2018
Russia will not provide those samples they are very hard hearted

2 Likes

Re: IAAF Upholds Russia Athletics Doping Ban Into 2019 by yungmayor02(m): 6:59pm On Dec 04, 2018
smileyr
Re: IAAF Upholds Russia Athletics Doping Ban Into 2019 by MJBOLT: 7:07pm On Dec 04, 2018
at least IAAF is not corrupt like FRAUDFIFA

2 Likes

Re: IAAF Upholds Russia Athletics Doping Ban Into 2019 by oluwatosink: 7:07pm On Dec 04, 2018
Russian always doing like oga grin
Re: IAAF Upholds Russia Athletics Doping Ban Into 2019 by easynetsms(m): 7:11pm On Dec 04, 2018
Ok

Buy cheap internet data. Check my signature for more details
Re: IAAF Upholds Russia Athletics Doping Ban Into 2019 by ZaOzaRoom(m): 7:12pm On Dec 04, 2018
I'm still surprised till today why IAAF allowed Semenya of South Africa compete with women and not men in Athletics. If you see that guy run you will understand why no woman will ever be able to compete with him.

3 Likes

Re: IAAF Upholds Russia Athletics Doping Ban Into 2019 by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 04, 2018
Good decision
Re: IAAF Upholds Russia Athletics Doping Ban Into 2019 by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 04, 2018
ZaOzaRoom:
I'm still surprised till today why IAAF allowed Samantha of South Africa compete with women and not men in Athletics. If you see that guy run you will understand why no woman will ever be able to compete with him.
You are very right with that.
I am so surprised till today also.

3 Likes

Re: IAAF Upholds Russia Athletics Doping Ban Into 2019 by seunlly(m): 7:23pm On Dec 04, 2018
Good Decision

Check my signature guys.
Re: IAAF Upholds Russia Athletics Doping Ban Into 2019 by theoldpretender(m): 7:27pm On Dec 04, 2018
ZaOzaRoom:
I'm still surprised till today why IAAF allowed Samantha of South Africa compete with women and not men in Athletics. If you see that guy run you will understand why no woman will ever be able to compete with him.

You mean Caster Semenya.

Semenya is a woman who has a hormonal condition that makes her secrete testoterone far more than the ordinary woman,but not as much as a man.

If she ran with men, she would place dead last.

(And she has lost races before...it is not that she is that invincible)

10 Likes

Re: IAAF Upholds Russia Athletics Doping Ban Into 2019 by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 04, 2018
Re: IAAF Upholds Russia Athletics Doping Ban Into 2019 by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 04, 2018
ZaOzaRoom:
Lol at "if you see that guy run" grin
Re: IAAF Upholds Russia Athletics Doping Ban Into 2019 by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 04, 2018
ZaOzaRoom:

She's Caster Semenya and she's hermaphrodite, not quite female and not quite male, so IAAF's decision is going to be a tough one, they haven't decided yet!

4 Likes

Re: IAAF Upholds Russia Athletics Doping Ban Into 2019 by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 04, 2018
ZaOzaRoom:
Tell us what makes him a man
Re: IAAF Upholds Russia Athletics Doping Ban Into 2019 by Alejob: 7:49pm On Dec 04, 2018
Russia rules!
Re: IAAF Upholds Russia Athletics Doping Ban Into 2019 by ochallo: 8:04pm On Dec 04, 2018
Saw him do an interview once, the most feminine he looks is on the track. At home he lives like a man.
ZaOzaRoom:
Re: IAAF Upholds Russia Athletics Doping Ban Into 2019 by MillionCash: 8:42am On Dec 05, 2018
good move guys

Cheek my siggi let's win together shocked

(1) (Reply)

92% Sure Free Soccer Predictions (UCL Pick For Today) Game Won Already / Throwback Photo Of Ronaldo And Mbappe / Bet9ja Must Pay No More Losing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.