Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

26-year-old HIV Positive Lady Doreen Moraa Morachaa Shares Her Story - PHOTOS - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 26-year-old HIV Positive Lady Doreen Moraa Morachaa Shares Her Story - PHOTOS (613 Views)

Doreen Moraa Moracha Celebrates 28 Years Of Living With HIV (Photos) / I'm A Virgin HIV Positive Lady: Please Help! / Doreen Moraa Moracha: Meet Kenyan Lady Born With HIV (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

26-year-old HIV Positive Lady Doreen Moraa Morachaa Shares Her Story - PHOTOS by OgaGist: 9:55pm On Dec 04, 2018
26-year-old HIV positive lady Doreen Moraa Morachaa shares her story lailasnews 4

A 26-year-old HIV positive lady Doreen Moraa Morachaa is changing the status quo as she has boldly come out to declare her status on social media.
Doreen Moraa Moracha, a Kenyan lady, thought it wise to inspire others with her story and took to her social media profile to tell it all on how she has been coping with the virus.

According to her, she was born HIV positive to discordant parents (the father is negative but the mother is positive).

While three of her siblings did not have the virus, she and her little brother who has since died were positive.
Moracha revealed that doctors had told her parents that she had only four years to live when she was first diagnosed at eight years.
But 18 years later, Moracha who celebrated her birthday on August 8 said: she is”still here going strong dealing with self-stigma, societal stigma, discrimination and rejection but still standing strong.”

Using her case as an example, Moracha advised all to get tested since HIV is not the death sentence many people fear it to be.

“Most people fear HIV because they know it is a death sentence. Well, I’m here to prove you wrong. I’ve been living positively for 26 years so if it was a death sentence shouldn’t I be dead already?,” she retorted.

Moracha added:

“People say I make HIV look easy but it is easy I am not ready to give a small virus power over my life I accepted my status and every day I declare that I am greater than HIV.

BY GISTMORE.COM - http://gistmore.com/26-year-old-hiv-positive-lady-doreen-moraa-morachaa-shares-her-story

Re: 26-year-old HIV Positive Lady Doreen Moraa Morachaa Shares Her Story - PHOTOS by OgaGist: 9:56pm On Dec 04, 2018
Re: 26-year-old HIV Positive Lady Doreen Moraa Morachaa Shares Her Story - PHOTOS by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 04, 2018
More
Re: 26-year-old HIV Positive Lady Doreen Moraa Morachaa Shares Her Story - PHOTOS by dingbang(m): 10:00pm On Dec 04, 2018
The only thing I saw in this write up is Kenya..
Re: 26-year-old HIV Positive Lady Doreen Moraa Morachaa Shares Her Story - PHOTOS by NwaAmaikpe: 10:07pm On Dec 04, 2018
shocked

I have a dream.
That one day, HIV will be just as curable as a headache.
Then skin-to-skin will become an acceptable way of life.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 26-year-old HIV Positive Lady Doreen Moraa Morachaa Shares Her Story - PHOTOS by Ahmed0336(m): 11:04pm On Dec 04, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I have a dream.
That one day, HIV will be just as curable as a headache.
Then skin-to-skin will become an acceptable way of life.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment Try Swissgarde For Real / Wheelchair For Sale / 24 Natural Foods That Increase Your Sex Drive And Stamina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.