Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,600 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

My Body Is Always Scratching Me - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Body Is Always Scratching Me (4547 Views)

Son Always Scratching His Eyes Especially When He Is Crying or agitated / Body Scratching After Bath / My Body Discharges Electricity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Body Is Always Scratching Me by ablejoe(m): 8:53pm On Jul 30, 2010
Anytime i just take my bath and i am about to rub cream in my body,i dont feel comfortable cos my body is always scratching me, pls help me and what can i do?
Re: My Body Is Always Scratching Me by WAVixen: 9:31pm On Jul 30, 2010
itching you, you mean? what soap do you use?
Re: My Body Is Always Scratching Me by Acidosis(m): 10:33pm On Jul 30, 2010
Try any antiseptic soap.
Re: My Body Is Always Scratching Me by madamL(f): 1:33pm On Jul 31, 2010
you are not alone. there is a simple solution: bath with only warm water. In case you use cold water do not wipe your body dry vigourously with towel. Gently pat your body dry and you will not have any itching. It is a troublesome, unexplainable condition but after doctors did not have much to say, people experimented and came up with ths solution. By the way it often runs in families and is worse during the rainy season.

Soaps of any type will not help, even Izal or Dettol and I am sure you must have tried all these.
Re: My Body Is Always Scratching Me by Yorubaman2: 2:06pm On Jul 31, 2010
You need to take a regular bath rather than just using cream
Re: My Body Is Always Scratching Me by zayhal(f): 4:06pm On Jul 31, 2010
a cousin had the same condition. Tried everything, different soaps, dettol etc. No changes. Miraculously, it stopped when she stopped using sponge to bath. Now, for the past 5years, she's bathed with any kind of soap, warm and cold water, and she's fine, no itching. You may want to try that. Jut do away with the sponge and see what happens.
Re: My Body Is Always Scratching Me by coreyson(m): 7:08pm On Jul 31, 2010
its known as aquagenic pruritus. you can try any of the following;
-bathing with warm/ hot water
-changing your sponge/ soap
-moisturizing before bathing( hence water doesnt have much contact with your skin) and immediately after
-putting peppermint leaves in the water you intend to use to bathe
at least one of these should work. the last two are highly recommended.
Re: My Body Is Always Scratching Me by madamL(f): 9:34am On Aug 01, 2010
Coeryson, thanks and are you a dermatologist? Read up the condition in Wikipaedia. Didnt know it has a name. No one has been able to say anything meaningful to all enquiries over the years. Thanks again.
Re: My Body Is Always Scratching Me by Tazika(f): 11:32am On Aug 03, 2010
Does it happen when you swim in a clean river or lake? Have you tried collecting the rain water?
My friend has it only when he washes himself with water from the tub.

(1) (Reply)

National Hospital Rejects Accident Victims In Abuja / State Your Health Issues Here / "Strengthen Nigeria's Midwifery Services To Deliver Family Planning" - Toyin Sar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.