Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

See What I Found In This Website | Bug - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / See What I Found In This Website | Bug (945 Views)

Microsoft Acknowledges Wi-fi Bug Hitting Windows 10 Version 1903 / Finally : Narialand Functional Clone Script ( Original Script/ Bug Free) / Download The Flash On This Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What I Found In This Website | Bug by Cyberleets: 2:58pm On Dec 05, 2018
So i was doing my routine security analysis on different sites here in naira then i saw a link someone posted.

i decided to pick the site up and analyse, turns the site has multiple bug...

its a financial site that gives loan...

the site stores its database backup in the root folder, i was able to download it and get the admin details and that of upto 56,000 users.

why cant a company as big as that invest in security??

now i can approve loans, and 56,000 users atm cards and bvn is being stored there too...

nairaland webmasters see for your self.

Modified: Company details removed
Re: See What I Found In This Website | Bug by fixedhollies(m): 3:01pm On Dec 05, 2018
You self na hacker... whe you got there, why didn’t you leave in peace, you come download bank details �
Re: See What I Found In This Website | Bug by Ayo081(m): 3:25pm On Dec 05, 2018
Develop something for them, contact them maybe they'll buy you wink
Re: See What I Found In This Website | Bug by Cyberleets: 5:26pm On Dec 05, 2018
maxweb:

Guy do you do training
Contact me via siggy
Re: See What I Found In This Website | Bug by Cyberleets: 6:22pm On Dec 05, 2018
ediko5:

Bro, thumbs up for you, but i will really appreciate if you keep the financial information you have as a confidential information.

Don't compromise with scammers or used it for any scam intend.

I've purchased video tutorial @ Udemy For Website Security/Hacking, i'm yet to commence the lecture. I want to have you as a mentor. Can you drop your WhatsApp contact.

I won't compromise bro...I will contact them tonight and let them know what to do about it..

My own details is even there (including bvn undecided )..cos I registered as a user to also carry out proper analysis...

It's a big security issue that needs to be corrected immediately!
Re: See What I Found In This Website | Bug by Cyberleets: 6:25pm On Dec 05, 2018
Ire2:

Omoh how far. How e dey be? You fit give me just one person details?

Haba...fear God at least!!

I only posted it here so webmasters can see the importance of security.

They might even arrest the web developers of that site when I contact the company
Re: See What I Found In This Website | Bug by BitsMaster: 7:29pm On Dec 05, 2018
This is serious. You must be a hacker.
Re: See What I Found In This Website | Bug by Wizdeen(m): 9:59pm On Dec 05, 2018
well, we all are curious at times, its the most desirable threat of a hacker grin, i understand your curiosity led to your recon and vulnerability analysis of the site but active exploitation could lead to a serious case bro undecided, i had being a victim once when i passively did a recon without permission cry,knowing you to be a professional, i trust you to take the right steps to bring it to their notice and avoid persecution wink .
Re: See What I Found In This Website | Bug by Wizdeen(m): 10:01pm On Dec 05, 2018
and i suggest you withold their identity as there are very good bad guys here too that might want to go after those juicy data
Re: See What I Found In This Website | Bug by Cyberleets: 10:32pm On Dec 05, 2018
Wizdeen:
well, we all are curious at times, its the most desirable threat of a hacker grin, i understand your curiosity led to your recon and vulnerability analysis of the site but active exploitation could lead to a serious case bro undecided, i had being a victim once when i passively did a recon without permission cry,knowing you to be a professional, i trust you to take the right steps to bring it to their notice and avoid persecution wink .

Was almost arrested at asaba when I reported a case of web vulnerability to a government website...they told me to come that they have a Job For me...I went there, met the gateman and explained myself!!
Gateman pointed at a hilux parking inside...then told me it was me they were waiting for

I didn't spend extra 2 seconds there at that moment...

This our job is very risky...

1 Like

Re: See What I Found In This Website | Bug by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 05, 2018
Hey, do you want a coverage of this vulnerability on our blog with credit to you Don't see any risks there, it's a normal thing in the IT world, so long as you didn't steal the information, just reporting a bug! cool
Re: See What I Found In This Website | Bug by Cyberleets: 7:08am On Dec 06, 2018
questechie:
Hey, do you want a coverage of this vulnerability on our blog with credit to you Don't see any risks there, it's a normal thing in the IT world, so long as you didn't steal the information, just reporting a bug! cool

Ofcos no problem
Re: See What I Found In This Website | Bug by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 06, 2018
This is very wrong...if you had good intentions you wouldnt have posted the company name in a public domain like this...You could have contacted them via email or any other channel.You are not only exposing them you are giving other hackers insight into exploiting the site while killing the organisations brand...Theres a better way to manage sensitive stuff like this...
Re: See What I Found In This Website | Bug by Cyberleets: 7:22am On Dec 06, 2018
dobsava:
This is very wrong...if you had good intentions you wouldnt have posted the company name in a public domain like this...You could have contacted them via email or any other channel.You are not only exposing them you are giving other hackers insight into exploiting the site while killing the organisations brand...Theres a better way to manage sensitive stuff like this...
Alright I wil take down this post
Re: See What I Found In This Website | Bug by Nobody: 7:32am On Dec 06, 2018
Thats very noble of you...If you are into Website hardening and website security analysis.Kindly contact me via this email dobsava@gmail.com.
Re: See What I Found In This Website | Bug by hitswitches: 8:10am On Dec 06, 2018
Weldone Bro please can you inbox me your contact want to learn ethical hacking too...or could you recommend a good institute where i can learn one. Also you are aware the website name is still showing in the user quoted comments...Even after hiding the business name...I think its safer to delete this post.But reply me first lol!!! grin grin grin grin
Cyberleets:

Alright I wil take down this post
Re: See What I Found In This Website | Bug by Cyberleets: 8:50am On Dec 06, 2018
hitswitches:
Weldone Bro please can you inbox me your contact want to learn ethical hacking too...or could you recommend a good institute where i can learn one. Also you are aware the website name is still showing in the user quoted comments...Even after hiding the business name...I think its safer to delete this post.But reply me first lol!!! grin grin grin grin

U can purchase courses from udemy...(paid)
Or use YouTube videos... (free)
Or contact me for lectures (paid)
Re: See What I Found In This Website | Bug by hitswitches: 10:02am On Dec 06, 2018
Oya share contact naaa
Cyberleets:

U can purchase courses from udemy...(paid)
Or use YouTube videos... (free)
Or contact me for lectures (paid)
Re: See What I Found In This Website | Bug by Cyberleets: 10:05am On Dec 06, 2018
hitswitches:
Oya share contact naaa

Check signature
Re: See What I Found In This Website | Bug by ediko5(m): 10:23am On Dec 06, 2018
Cyberleets:

I won't compromise bro...I will contact them tonight and let them know what to do about it..

My own details is even there (including bvn undecided )..cos I registered as a user to also carry out proper analysis...

It's a big security issue that needs to be corrected immediately!

Bro that reminds me. I had this argument with a friend that if a person't BVN is exposed to others, it possess no security threat but he said it's a big threat. Can you tell me how it is a threat?
Re: See What I Found In This Website | Bug by Cyberleets: 10:42am On Dec 06, 2018
ediko5:

Bro that reminds me. I had this argument with a friend that if a person't BVN is exposed to others, it possess no security threat but he said it's a big threat. Can you tell me how it is a threat?

It's a security stuff u don't discuss in public...

(1) (Reply)

Take This Massive Fb Group At A Very Cheap Price / Buy Three Old Facebook Accounts At Discounted Rate / Any Body With Wordpress Theme For Sale?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.