Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,885 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Are You Commanding Your Mornings? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You Commanding Your Mornings? (11926 Views)

Africa Commanding Powder / Commanding The Supernatural By The Power Of The Tongue / Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Commanding Your Mornings? by Yefet(m): 8:46am On Jul 31, 2010
Borrowed this to share, !!

Are you commanding your mornings? Today at 1:33pm

As a young boy growing up on the island, I would be awaken every morning by my grand mother’s early morning prayers. Having little to no knowledge as to why she was doing what she did, it somehow placed a fear in me, due to her crying and the intensity of her prayer. The question that stood out in my mind was why would she and so many like her place such a command on their morning through prayer?

Coupled with this real life experience, I’ve discovered through the study of the bible that the bible is saturated with men and women of God not only addressing God early in the morning, but God performing great works during the early morning periods. Again, what is so significant about the early mornings spiritually?

A few Biblical accounts of early morning activity would be when the angels hastened Lot and his family early in the morning to leave Sodom. Also In this same biblical account it states that Abraham stood before the lord early in the morning (Gen. 19:15, 27). The bible also states that Jesus went to the temple and taught the people early in the morning and that Martha and Mary visited his tomb early in the morning. At this point I was arrested by the thought that there must be some biblical proof that correlates between praying and the early mornings.

Now, the bible states that there is death and life in the power of our tongue, and that we ought to call those things that do not exist now as though they do exist now. In essence, God has given us power via our mouths to command things into existence through prayer and confessions. I now began to partially see why my grandmother was praying with such passion (almost as if she was in a battle) and why she prayed for folks, individually and corporately. However, God through his wisdom pointed out to me in his word the necessity of these prayers and confessions being addressed early in the morning. I must say it was indeed a profound revelation that I’m sure you’ll agree with.

In the book of Job (38:12-13,15), God in this text in speaking to his servant Job said, “Have you commanded the morning since thy days; and caused the dayspring to know “HIS” place; that “IT” might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it? God is basically asking Job whether or not he had taken authority or command of his mornings. What is so interesting here is not only the fact that God asked about the commanding of the morning by Job, but he further asked Job if he had caused the dayspring to know his place.

His place! Of course I’m now compelled to wonder if the morning and dayspring are personified as forces working against my day, beginning early in the morning. If this is the case, then I am responsible for putting these forces in their place by commanding what I desire of my mornings via the power of my tongue (Prov. 18:21). However the question still lingers, who is this person that is working in opposition or as an opponent to me during the early morning periods?

Now, before we unveil who this person is, let us look at the consequences of not commanding our mornings and causing the dayspring not to be put in his place. Remember what God originally asked Job? He said, “Have you commanded the morning since thy days or since you were alive? The result of commanding his morning is found in verses 13&15. By commanding the morning and causing the dayspring to be put in its place, this will shake the wicked out of the earth or disrupt his plots, plans, ploys and schemes against you. Additional in verse 15 it states that the light of the wicked will be withheld. The word light in this verse got its origin from the Hebrew word “Or” which is literally defined as morning or day break.

So in essence, God is saying that when we command our mornings and cause the dayspring to be put in its place (which has been personified as the male gender) simultaneously we restrain or restrict his morning… wow! To not do this principle we open our lives to curses. A curse is to be spiritually bound, not able to succeed, prune for failure, disempowered, open to the powers of witchcraft, spell, incantations etc. but this can only happen if we disobey God by not commanding our morning. Deuteronomy 28: 45-46, makes this abundantly clear, and it reads, “Moreover all these curses shall come upon thee, and pursue thee, and overtake thee, until thou be destroyed; because thou did not listen unto the voice of the lord thy God, to keep his commandments and his statues which he commanded thee. They shall be upon thee for a sign and a wonder and upon thy seed for ever. Not only will I be affected by not commanding my morning but my seed or children also…… wow!!

Now let’s see who our early morning opponent is and what gives him the right to oppose us for the morning. Again, you will recall that God asked Job if he commanded the morning and caused the dayspring to be put in his place. Isaiah 14: 12, makes the identity of our opponent abundantly clear; it reads, “How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, SON OF THE MORNING!

Wow! What a revelation, Lucifer whom we know to be the present day Satan is in fact the son of the morning, so when God asked Job if he had put him in his place, he was referring to Satan.

As a result of this revelation it is not only clear but important why the bible places emphasis on us not fighting against flesh and blood but against principalities, powers, the rulers of the darkness of this world, and spiritual wickedness in high places. Satan being the head over this evil kingdom, allot his evil ambitions through his evil spirits to wage war on us in the early morning because he is in fact the son of the morning.

The words of wisdom for today is begin commanding your morning very early in the morning, decreeing that you are above only and not beneath, the head and not the tail. Blessed going out and blessed coming in, highly favored of the lord, with a host of Angels that has been given charge over you to keep you in all your ways and that no weapon formed against you shall prosper. Conclude by binding all of Satan’s and his host plans that has been assigned against you and all that concerns you and that he and his host are under your feet in Jesus name.

Written by: Kevin L A Ewing
Kevinlaewing..com
Re: Are You Commanding Your Mornings? by Image123(m): 4:53pm On Jul 31, 2010
I knelt to pray but not for long
I had too much to do
Must hurry off and get to work
For bills would soon be due
And as I said a hurried prayer
Jumped up from off my knee
My spiritual duty now was done
My soul could be at ease
All through the day, I had NO TIME
To speak a word of cheer
NO TIME to speak of the Lord to a friend
They'd laugh at me I feared
NO TIME-NO TIME too much to do
That was my constant cry
NO TIME to give those in need
At last it was time to die
And when before the Lord I came
I stood with downcast eyes
Within His hand He held a book
It was the BOOK OF LIFE
He looked in the BOOK and said
Your name I cannot find
I once was going to write it down
But never found the TIME
Today is the day/time of decision and purpose
CULLED FROM ehnnnn, A WALLPAPER
Re: Are You Commanding Your Mornings? by PastorAIO: 5:07pm On Jul 31, 2010
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mlmFHvRb4g&hl=en_US&fs=1&"[/flash]

Opele lo yo tan lo dakun dele
divining chain is satiated and graciously collapses on the floor
a difa fun perengede ti se yeye ojumomo
Divined for Perengede the mother of the Dawn
ojumo to mo mi loni o
The dawn that is dawning on my today
Ojumomo ire gbogbo ni o je.
it is a dawn of all good fortunes.
Re: Are You Commanding Your Mornings? by Image123(m): 5:28pm On Jul 31, 2010
^that would most likely leave you a slave to your morning.
Re: Are You Commanding Your Mornings? by PastorAIO: 6:41pm On Jul 31, 2010
Image123:

^that would most likely leave you a slave to your morning.

If it is slavery that you are worried about you better reject the nonsense that is written in the OP. I wonder if it has anything to do with 'Command Your Mornings', a new book published by mountain of fire ministries. I have it somewhere on my desk but I haven't read it yet.

Me personally, I so glad for the Morning star that has dawned in my heart. Don't allow people who preach from their misunderstanding of mistranslations of mistranslations of the bible to lead you astray. The morning star is your guide to truth and perfect worship of God. Call him Lucifer if you want. I call him christ. I think my point is better made by the following article.

In response to the question, "Is Jesus the 'Bright Morning Star', or is 'Lucifer'? I have always thought "Lucifer" was the devil, but now I am confused because I see the term also used of Christ?" by Dean VanDruff.

The Bright Morning Star goes to the misnomer of "Lucifer", which is an incorrect title for Satan or the Devil taken from the King James Version of Isaiah 14:12. Were it not for this odd transliteration, "Lucifer" would not exist as a term in English, and there would be no confusion on the matter. As it is, we need to be careful, I would suggest, in using the term to describe who the Bible calls "Satan" or "the Devil". Most Christians are onto this, yet still the term "Lucifer" persists. In any case, the "morning star" is the title of Christ throughout the rest of Scripture.

2Pet 1:19 (NIV) And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

Rev 2:28 (NIV) I will also give him the morning star.

Rev 22:16 (NIV) "I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

Since it is clear that Jesus is the "Bright Morning Star" (even said so Himself) then how should we understand Isaiah 14:12?
Isa 14:12-15 (NIV) How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! You said in your heart, "I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain. I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High." But you are brought down to the grave, to the depths of the pit.

Please don't be a slave to stupidity or inanity. In Job all God was doing was asking Job if he knew how he created and structured the world, setting the morning in it's place.

In the book of Job (38:12-13,15), God in this text in speaking to his servant Job said, “Have you commanded the morning since thy days; and caused the dayspring to know “HIS” place; that “IT” might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it? God is basically asking Job whether or not he had taken authority or command of his mornings. What is so interesting here is not only the fact that God asked about the commanding of the morning by Job, but he further asked Job if he had caused the dayspring to know his place.
This, my friend, is a load of stupiid nonsense. God is saying that Job cannot and does not know how to command the morning, only God can do this.

And it is okay to pray at any time. I would even suggest praying before going to bed at night about the following day as a better option. But my reasons would take too long to explain.
Re: Are You Commanding Your Mornings? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 31, 2010
Is this ofo, ogede or odu ifa? Being chanted by a Pastor?
Pastor AIO:

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mlmFHvRb4g&hl=en_US&fs=1&"[/flash]

Opele lo yo tan lo dakun dele
divining chain is satiated and graciously collapses on the floor
a difa fun perengede ti se yeye ojumomo
Divined for Perengede the mother of the Dawn
ojumo to mo mi loni o
The dawn that is dawning on my today
Ojumomo ire gbogbo ni o je.
it is a dawn of all good fortunes.
Re: Are You Commanding Your Mornings? by Jenwitemi(m): 6:59pm On Jul 31, 2010
Sounds nicer than babbling incoherent babbles in tongues, methinks grin
toba:

Is this ofo, ogede or odu ifa? Being chanted by a Pastor?
Re: Are You Commanding Your Mornings? by PastorAIO: 7:11pm On Jul 31, 2010
The guy chanting is not a pastor but rather an ifa priest. It is an odu ifa, from the odu of Oyeku meji.
Re: Are You Commanding Your Mornings? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 31, 2010
Pastor AIO:

The guy chanting is not a pastor but rather an ifa priest. It is an odu ifa, from the odu of Oyeku meji.
thought as much. Why not change from pastor to OLUWO AIO instead?
Re: Are You Commanding Your Mornings? by ttalks(m): 8:02pm On Jul 31, 2010
The word 'Lucifer' found in the king James version is an addition or stranger or foreigner to the word of God.
It was never there in the original manuscripts.
It got in there due to wrong activities during translations into the latin vulgate; which was used to create the KJV.

Isaiah 14:12(Hebrew Old testament)
איך נפלת משׁמים הילל בן־שׁחר נגדעת לארץ חולשׁ על־גוים׃

Zechariah 11:2(Hebrew Old testament)
הילל ברושׁ כי־נפל ארז אשׁר אדרים שׁדדו הילילו אלוני בשׁן כי ירד יער הבצור׃

N/B: Read hebrew from right to left.

Note the word in Isaiah 14:12 which; according to kjv represents Lucifer,  הילל
It is the same word in Zechariah 11:2 which stands for "howl", which is a verb.
How that word became Lucifer(which is a latin word by the way) and a noun, is really surprising.

The correct translation of Isaiah 14:12 is below:
(CLOT)
"How you have fallen from the heavens! Howl, son of the dawn! You are hacked down to the earth, defeater of all nations"

which works perfectly with how the word was used in Zechariah 11:2 -

"Howl, fir tree; for the cedar is fallen; because the mighty are spoiled: howl, O ye oaks of Bashan; for the forest of the vintage is come down."

So, Lucifer is a stranger to the bible. It has never been the name of Satan.
The proper meaning of the term "Lucifer" is in reference to Christ as pointed out by Pastor AIO.
Re: Are You Commanding Your Mornings? by seyibrown(f): 9:00pm On Jul 31, 2010
The main message in the original post is to command one's morning. It is of benefit to anybody who does just that that.
Re: Are You Commanding Your Mornings? by ttalks(m): 10:47pm On Jul 31, 2010
seyibrown:

The main message in the original post is to command one's morning. It is of benefit to anybody who does just that that.

Rubbish!
You can't command anything.
You can simply and only pray to God and hope for a good day and trust that his will for that day would favor you.
Re: Are You Commanding Your Mornings? by Enigma(m): 1:06am On Aug 01, 2010
http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/t/h/y/thykicog.htm

Thy Kingdom come, O God,
Thy rule, O Christ, begin;
Break with Thine iron rod
The tyrannies of sin.

. . .

O’er heathen lands afar
Thick darkness broodeth yet:
Arise, O Morning Star,
Arise, and never set!
Re: Are You Commanding Your Mornings? by Enigma(m): 1:16am On Aug 01, 2010
http://www.hymnsite.com/fws/hymn.cgi?2062

1. I have found a friend in Jesus,
he's everything to me,
he's the fairest of ten thousand to my soul;
the Lily of the Valley, in him alone I see
all I need to cleanse and make me fully whole.
In sorrow he's my comfort, in trouble he's my stay,
he tells me every care on him to roll.
Refrain:
He's the Lily of the Valley,
the bright and Morning Star,
he's the fairest of ten thousand to my soul.  . . . . .
Re: Are You Commanding Your Mornings? by aletheia(m): 3:01am On Aug 01, 2010
At OP:
My response has been perfectly summed up thus:
Pastor AIO:

. . .Please don't be a slave to stupidity or inanity.  In Job all God was doing was asking Job if he knew how he created and structured the world, setting the morning in it's place.This, my friend, is a load of stupiid nonsense.  God is saying that Job cannot and does  not know how to command the morning, only God can do this. 

And it is okay to pray at any time.  I would even suggest praying before going to bed at night about the following day as a better option.  But my reasons would take too long to explain. 

The Morning Star:
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. (Revelation of John 22:16, KJV)

But I have some reservation concerning. . .
ttalks:

The word 'Lucifer' found in the king James version is an addition or stranger or foreigner to the word of God.
It was never there in the original manuscripts.
It got in there due to wrong activities during translations into the latin vulgate; which was used to create the KJV.

Isaiah 14:12(Hebrew Old testament)
איך נפלת משׁמים הילל בן־שׁחר נגדעת לארץ חולשׁ על־גוים׃

Zechariah 11:2(Hebrew Old testament)

N/B: Read hebrew from right to left.

Note the word in Isaiah 14:12 which; according to kjv represents Lucifer,  הילל
It is the same word in Zechariah 11:2 which stands for "howl", which is a verb.
How that word became Lucifer(which is a latin word by the way) and a noun, is really surprising.

The correct translation of Isaiah 14:12 is below:
(CLOT)
"How you have fallen from the heavens! Howl, son of the dawn! You are hacked down to the earth, defeater of all nations"

which works perfectly with how the word was used in Zechariah 11:2 -

"Howl, fir tree; for the cedar is fallen; because the mighty are spoiled: howl, O ye oaks of Bashan; for the forest of the vintage is come down."

So, Lucifer is a stranger to the bible. It has never been the name of Satan.
The proper meaning of the term "Lucifer" is in reference to Christ as pointed out by Pastor AIO.

The word "Lucifer" means lightbearer and is in keeping with the meaning of Isaiah 14:12 where the word translated "Lucifer" is: H1966  heylel  hay-lale' from 1984 (in the sense of brightness); the morning-star:--lucifer. see HEBREW for H1984 (H1966, StrongsHebrew); however in Zechariah 11:2, the word translated "howl" is  H3213  yalal  yaw-lal' a primitive root; to howl (with a wailing tone) or yell (with a boisterous one):--(make to) howl, be howling. (H3213, StrongsHebrew).
Similar words but different in meaning.
Re: Are You Commanding Your Mornings? by ttalks(m): 6:43am On Aug 01, 2010
aletheia:

But I have some reservation concerning. . .

The word "Lucifer" means lightbearer and is in keeping with the meaning of Isaiah 14:12 where the word translated "Lucifer" is: H1966  heylel  hay-lale' from 1984 (in the sense of brightness); the morning-star:--lucifer. see HEBREW for H1984 (H1966, StrongsHebrew); however in Zechariah 11:2, the word translated "howl" is  H3213  yalal  yaw-lal' a primitive root; to howl (with a wailing tone) or yell (with a boisterous one):--(make to) howl, be howling. (H3213, StrongsHebrew).

I guess you are using Strong's concordance to present the above?
From e-sword right?

But Strong's presentation of Hebrew is according to kjv; isn't it?
have you tried getting another hebrew bible to check these things out?

Look at how Strong presented howl in Zechariah 11:2 below -

ילל
which is  yâlal and means what you explained it to mean above.

But look at how another hebrew bible presented howl in Zechariah 11:2 below -

הילל
which is hêylêl which is a form of yâlal and does not mean what Strong said it means.

Compare the full verse in hebrew from strong and another hebrew presentation below:

Strong
Zechariah 11:2

ילל בּרושׁ כּי ארז נפל אשׁר אדּיר שׁדד ילל אלּון בּשׁן כּי יער בּצור ירד

Hebrew Old Testament
Zechariah 11:2

Remember,read from right to left. See how differently the two presented howl at the beginning of the verse?
Strong used  yâlal  but the hebrew old testament used  hêylêl.

How do you think it would look or sound if we placed Lucifer in Zechariah 11:2 ?

Check other verses where howl appeared with a hebrew bible(not strong's) and you'll see the word hêylêl or words using it as a root to present howl.

Eg.
Jeremiah 51:8

פתאם נפלה בבל ותשׁבר הילילו עליה קחו צרי למכאובה אולי תרפא׃

or Joel 1:11

הבישׁו אכרים הילילו כרמים על־חטה ועל־שׂערה כי אבד קציר שׂדה׃

They used a form of hêylêl to represent howl.

Remember,  hêylêl is presented as הילל

Compare it with the other forms of howl in the above verses; הילילו
just like the second howl in Zechariah 11:2.
Re: Are You Commanding Your Mornings? by ttalks(m): 7:15am On Aug 01, 2010
^^ besides, if you use a hebrew dictionary to look up the word Lucifer, you will not find hêylêl - הילל among the various
words given for it.
Rather you'd find:

לוציפר
or
השטן
or
כוכב נוגה
or
ונוס

It is only in the Catholic Latin Vulgate created by Jerome that you'd find the word hêylêl being translated as Lucifer. and the latin vulgate
was what was used to create the kjv and a lot of current bible versions/translations that abound today.
The latin vulgate was the source of this error that abounds today.
Re: Are You Commanding Your Mornings? by nuclearboy(m): 9:27am On Aug 01, 2010
Unfortunately, Pastor_AIO's humor is lost on his audience here. I think the idea is that just as OP turned facts (obvious to Pastor but not to OP) on their head, Pastor decided to throw into the mix, another "crazy" concept having about as much veracity. As stated, God was asking if Job knew enough to or could command times, seasons, etc. He was definitely not requiring him to command creation.

Pastor simply said  - If you decide to command what is not yours to command, please continue by doing the IFA thing. But maybe I'm wrong!

@Aletheia:

A study on the web will show that "ttalks" is right about this issue. Strongs' is based on the KJV so it carries the error. Take a look at http://www.crivoice.org/lucifer.html or whist a "funny" site, http://www.lds-mormon.com/lucifer.shtml. Knowing that "And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light." (2 Cor 11:14), you'll find it quite easy to understand the transition as our "Essence of Satan" discusses; of satan wishing that he substitutes roles with Christ in the sublimnal thoughts of men if not openly.

EDITED: This issue like many others shows the extent corruption we have in Christianity. Things are turned on their heads. You come across many screaming "God must give them 20 Million daily and heal all sicknesses in real time" since God has requested us to command Him concerning His children (Isa 45:11 - another mistranslation in the KJV). And so with this particular issue, we would revile the Morning Star since we have him as "satan" rather than as Christ Himself.

What worries me most is the deluded sincerity of many "christians" who come swinging sword and spear, striking out at people simply because their errors are being questioned and truth being shown in its place. Kevin Ewing almost definitely wrote the OP post in good faith yet is misinformed and is spreading errors.
Re: Are You Commanding Your Mornings? by aletheia(m): 6:54pm On Aug 01, 2010
@ttalks
I do not deny that Jesus is the Morning Star:
aletheia:

The Morning Star:
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. (Revelation of John 22:16, KJV)
Obviously Satan would covet titles belonging to the Lord! My point was that "Lucifer" meaning Lightbearer was in keeping with the translation of the word heylel in Isaiah 14:12. If you notice I did not say anything about "Lucifer" being another title for the Lord Jesus.

aletheia:

A point also made by one of the sites referenced by nuclearboy:
http://www.crivoice.org/lucifer.html]
In the King James translation, verse 12 reads:

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Here is where we find the name Lucifer. The term Lucifer was popularized in English from this King James translation.  However, the name does not come from the Hebrew or even from the Greek translation (Septuagint), but from the fourth century AD Latin translation of this verse:

quomodo cecidisti de caelo lucifer qui mane oriebaris corruisti in terram qui vulnerabas gentes.

But this is not quite as obvious as it sounds even in Latin. The term Lucifer in fourth century Latin was a name for Venus, especially as the morning star. The Latin word Lucifer is composed of two words:  lux, or in the genitive form used lucis, (meaning "light"wink and ferre, which means "to bear" or "to bring."  So, the word Lucifer means bearer of light. The same word is used in other places in the Latin Vulgate to translate Hebrew terms that mean "bright," especially associated with the sky:

Job 11:17:  And your life will be brighter than the noonday; its darkness will be like the morning.

2 Peter 1:19:  You will do well to pay attention to this as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

This reflects how the Latin word Lucifer was used in classic Roman poetry, such as this passage from Virgil (Georgics, III, 324-325):

Luciferi primo come sidere frigida rura
    carpamus, dum mane novum, dum gramina canent

Let us hasten, when first the Morning Star appears,
    To the cool pastures, while the day is new, while the grass is dewy.

The term also occurs in the plural (luciferum) in Job 38:32 to refer to an astral constellation. Other forms of the word are used in similar ways to refer to light or the stars. This reflects the Greek (Septuagint) translation’s use of heosphoros, "morning star" to translate the Hebrew of Isaiah 14:12.

There is some debate about the exact origin of the original Hebrew word  in Isaiah 14:12 (helel). The strongest possibility is that it comes from a verbal root that means "to shine brightly," as well as "to offer praise" (where we get the phrase hallelu yah). In any case, the noun form is the Hebrew term for the morning star, in most cases the planet Venus. Both the second century BC Greek translation in the Septuagint, and the fourth century AD Latin translation in the Latin Vulgate understand this to be the meaning of the Hebrew word helel.
[/quote]
So not only the Latin Vulgate but also the much older Greek Septuagint translated heylel in the sense of brightness; the morning-star. Furthermore:
Babylonian religion was an astral religion. . .focused on the sun, moon, and stars and their motion. The Babylonians worshipped as gods the manifestations of celestial bodies. It is from Babylon that we get the signs of the Zodiac representing the constellations. We now know that the two terms used in the Hebrew text of Isaiah, Helel, morning star, and Shahar,  dawn, were Babylonian astral deities.
Now, if we look at the text of Isaiah 14 in context, and without the assumptions we brought to it from [our traditions], the meaning of the passage becomes more obvious. Helel, morning star, and Shahar, dawn, then, are references to the Babylonian gods who could not save the king, and are themselves to be cast down.
A point well brought out by the Amplified version
12 How have you fallen from heaven, O light-bringer and daystar, son of the morning! How you have been cut down to the ground, you who weakened and laid low the nations [O blasphemous, satanic king of Babylon!]

[quote author=ttalks:

It is only in the Catholic Latin Vulgate created by Jerome that you'd find the word hêylêl being translated as Lucifer. and the latin vulgate was what was used to create the kjv and a lot of current bible versions/translations that abound today.
The latin vulgate was the source of this error that abounds today.
^^^As I pointed out above not only the Latin Vulgate but also the much older Septuagint translate hêylêl in that sense. Moreover the Latin Vulgate was not the primary source document for the KJV.
Wikipedia: In common with most other translations of the period, the New Testament was translated from the Textus Receptus (Received Text) series of the Greek texts. The Old Testament was translated from the Masoretic Hebrew text, while the Apocrypha were translated from the Greek Septuagint (LXX), except for 2 Esdras, which was translated from the Latin Vulgate.
Wikipedia: The Masoretic Text (MT) is the authoritative Hebrew text of the Jewish Bible regarded almost universally as the official version of the Tanakh.[citation needed] It defines not just the books of the Jewish canon, but also the precise letter-text of the biblical books in Judaism, as well as their vocalization and accentuation known as the Masorah.

Consulting the Masoretic Text (The Leningrad Codex) which forms the basis of the Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia shows the differences in Zec 11:2 and Is 14:12:

14:12 Hebrew OT: Westminster Leningrad Codex
[size=16pt]אֵ֛יךְ נָפַ֥לְתָּ מִשָּׁמַ֖יִם הֵילֵ֣ל בֶּן־שָׁ֑חַר נִגְדַּ֣עְתָּ לָאָ֔רֶץ חֹולֵ֖שׁ עַל־גֹּויִֽם׃[/size]
11:2 Hebrew OT: Westminster Leningrad Codex
[size=16pt]הֵילֵ֤ל בְּרֹושׁ֙ כִּֽי־נָ֣פַל אֶ֔רֶז אֲשֶׁ֥ר אַדִּרִ֖ים שֻׁדָּ֑דוּ הֵילִ֙ילוּ֙ אַלֹּונֵ֣י בָשָׁ֔ן כִּ֥י יָרַ֖ד יַ֥עַר [הַבָּצוּר כ] (הַבָּצִֽיר׃ ק)[/size]

Recall that Hebrew was written without vowels, thus several words may have the same consonants but differ in the placement of vowels e.g sh{i}p and sh{ee}p to use an English example. As you can see the words translated as "Lucifer" in Isaiah 14 and "howl" in Zechariah, while appearing similar, differ in the placement of the vowel points and that makes all the difference in meaning! Please see here and herefor an extended analysis of the texts. I believe your source misinterpreted the Hebrew text.
God bless you.
Re: Are You Commanding Your Mornings? by LadyTC: 7:56pm On Nov 21, 2012
Please don't mislead people. That passage in job talks about the wonders of what GOD does and not asking job to command anything. And there is a book commander of the morning by MFM. It is not right beware people.

(1) (Reply)

Dream Interpretation Center. (tell Ur Dream & I'll Uncover It) / Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible / Eternal Security : A Believer's Assurance Of Salvation - Ralph Yankee Arnold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.