Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

B.u Entrance Exam - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / B.u Entrance Exam (3237 Views)

A.B.U Zaria 2014/2015 Admission Thread / Ahmadu Bello University (a B U) Zaria, 2011/2012 Courses Available . / Breaking News: A.b.u Zaria Admission List Out. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

B.u Entrance Exam by chinadoll: 7:27pm On Apr 13, 2007
I just want 2 find out about B.U's entrance exam.aw do they screen?
Re: B.u Entrance Exam by akinwunmi(m): 10:06pm On Apr 13, 2007
am looking for the same info maself.where did you pick ur form and how much did you get it.Am also doing some digging. If you dont mind u can call me 08029048583 or 08039397442 Akin is da name.thanks
Re: B.u Entrance Exam by kohler(m): 12:53pm On Apr 17, 2007
well i am likely going to get some info soon so just remind me to keep u posted
Re: B.u Entrance Exam by busygirl(f): 6:45pm On Apr 17, 2007
Well, I'm an ex-student of B.U, regarding the screening, a written examination will be conducted and candidates will be shortlisted for the oral interview. Actually, it's only after your name has appeared in the newspaper, for the written exams then you can go ahead for the interview, and wait for your name to re-appear once again. The oral interview is quite easy to pass, but believe me, You must be a fast thinker too. Answer the questions fast and intelligently and the admission will be yours. WELCOME TO B.U!
Re: B.u Entrance Exam by chinadoll: 3:00pm On Apr 18, 2007
Thanks busygirl.i heard that d exam is very tough.is dat true.am goin in 4 bus.admin
Re: B.u Entrance Exam by busygirl(f): 4:47pm On Apr 18, 2007
What I can say is that you need the basics. If you did well in your SSCE you shouldn't have a problem with the exam. And also, you have to be familiar with the Jamb questions and syllabus. I will advice you to study Jamb past questions well and also buy the babcock past questions, to have a feel of what the exam will be like. I won't decieve you the screening is always tough because there are too many people applying. Anyway, study hard, I believe you will make it if you do.
Re: B.u Entrance Exam by akinwunmi(m): 1:45am On Apr 19, 2007
Thanks for the advice.I will also work on that.Please do you know when the exams will be coming up?

@Chinadoll
have u gotten the form? whts da price
Re: B.u Entrance Exam by busygirl(f): 4:26pm On Apr 19, 2007
Their exams usually hold either by june or july,
Re: B.u Entrance Exam by akinwunmi(m): 5:16pm On Apr 19, 2007
Thanks.Looking forward to any other info u've got.
Re: B.u Entrance Exam by Toluene(m): 6:24pm On Apr 23, 2007
hey not to worry i wrote the exam twice if you are a block head you wont pass it the two times i wrote it i did not read but i passed so if you are scared you just wont pass it i never wanted to come i never wanted to be in here but u i am here so be not afraid there is nothing to fear
Re: B.u Entrance Exam by Toluene(m): 6:31pm On Apr 23, 2007
if you are really desperate to come?
call me on my phone i could hook you up so you will end up like i ended up in B.U
my uncle works there in short i am part of the system

my phone numbers are 2348026101240

or 23480151739

beware i dont see my self coming back to this forum sorry i just came here by chance

the name is tolu by the way

good luck

and it is for free

no chargesss and read too you must at least fill you are a seventh day on your form to have higher chances and read too oh then i will give you name to some one be sure i do this every year
Re: B.u Entrance Exam by akinwunmi(m): 6:52pm On Apr 23, 2007
@Tolu
Are you saying i dnt have to jack too much to pass.You also said something about filling Seven Day Adventist or something.
Re: B.u Entrance Exam by busygirl(f): 8:26pm On Apr 23, 2007
@TOLUENE, what sort of advice is that!
Akinwunmi pls don't mind him, don't even try to lie about anything, because it can ruin your chances if found out. They accept people from other denominations as well as other religions. . . And you also have to prepare well for the exams.
Re: B.u Entrance Exam by busygirl(f): 8:30pm On Apr 23, 2007
I would advice you to collect your form inside the School, when you do, do not forget to ask for the Past questions.
Re: B.u Entrance Exam by akinwunmi(m): 10:32pm On Apr 23, 2007
@Busygirl
thanks for the info.Are the forms for sale?
Re: B.u Entrance Exam by busygirl(f): 3:47pm On Apr 24, 2007
yea, then, I collected mine for 3,000 and bought the past questions for 400NAIRA
Re: B.u Entrance Exam by boraddo(m): 4:17pm On Apr 24, 2007
busygirl, what set r u? im a BU alumni too,
Re: B.u Entrance Exam by busygirl(f): 6:25pm On Apr 24, 2007
Actually, I didn't graduate from B.U, i left for U.K. But I'm proud to be an ex-student. It's a lovely school!
Re: B.u Entrance Exam by akinwunmi(m): 11:17pm On Apr 24, 2007
@busygirl
Thanks for the info.
Re: B.u Entrance Exam by Toluene(m): 4:29pm On Apr 25, 2007
i knew someone was going to say something like that i was so curious to come back and read

@ at all

see don't mean to be loud but i have been around this school much more than i can recall i watched them put it together i know how it works i just read and i could hep you that is what i meant not see there is no need to be like aftermath of problems i am part of the school

so no need to worry

i got ground
Re: B.u Entrance Exam by busygirl(f): 10:37pm On Apr 25, 2007
really lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: B.u Entrance Exam by akinwunmi(m): 11:28am On Apr 27, 2007
Is it true one may have problems with MASTERS?
Re: B.u Entrance Exam by busygirl(f): 2:53pm On Apr 27, 2007
You mean the preceptors. . . .Just be good boy and follow the rules, I bet you won't have problems with them.
Re: B.u Entrance Exam by akinwunmi(m): 12:43am On Apr 28, 2007
Nah.As in Masters Degree
Re: B.u Entrance Exam by busygirl(f): 12:54pm On Apr 28, 2007
I don't think so, Babcock has existed for a very long time and it's well recognised anywhere, even here in U.K
Re: B.u Entrance Exam by Toluene(m): 10:01am On May 02, 2007
F. SALE OF FORMS: January 8, 2007-April 30, 2007.
Purchase of application forms must be by a non-refundable fee of N4,000 in bank draft drawn in favour of Babcock University from any of these Banks: Unity, WEMA, UBA and First Bank PLC.

G. Online Forms: Purchase I-card from any Intercontinetal Bank barnch and visit the portal at http://www.babcockunieduportal.com/ged/degree.asp.

H. CLOSING DATE:
Properly completed application forms must be
RETURNED BY HAND OR
EMS,
RED STAR EXPRESS LIMITED
SPEED POST
to reach the REGISTRAR, BABCOCK UNIVERSITY, Ilishan-Remo, Ogun State, Nigeria, not later than May 8, 2007.
Forms sent by mail are at the risk of the sender/candidate. Any form received after May 8, 2007 will not be processed.

I. SCREENING
Screening will be conducted on May 17, 2007 at the following centers:
i. Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo, Ogun State
ii. Hyde Memorial Secondary School, Jengre-Jos, Plateau State
iii. Adventist Secondary Technical School, Owerrinta, Aba. Abia State.

J. PAST SCREENING QUESTIONS
A limited number of booklets of past screening questions are available at the Registry for sale to interested candidates at the rate of Four Hundred Naira (N400.00) only per booklet.

NOTE:
The screening is scheduled to commence at 9.00am in all centers. All candidates are to be seated by 8.30am.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Applicants for regular admission as freshmen must submit three satisfactory recommendations to the Admissions Office and satisfy one of the following two conditions with originals of documents available for verification at the time of enrolment:

Regular Admission:

A. West African Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSSC); General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level (O’L) or equivalent, at one or two sittings.

a) A minimum of Credit level (C6) pass in at least 5 subjects including English Language;(Mathematics is also required at credit level for science and business degrees)

b) In addition, candidates must have acceptable passes in the University Matriculations Examinations (UME) and/or placement tests administered by the University.

c) Meet the entrance requirements for major area of study.

B. Other Government Approved Examination Bodies: National Examinations Council (NECO); National Business & Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB), etc, , at one or two sittings:

a) A Credit level pass in at least 5 subjects including English Language; (Mathematics is also required at credit level for science business degrees)

b) In addition, candidates must have acceptable passes in the University Matriculations Examinations (UME) and/or placement tests administered by the University.

c) Meet the entrance requirements for major area of study.

C. Applicants awaiting the results of the Senior Secondary School Examinations ARE NOT eligible to apply, except for the pre-degree program. Authenticated results must satisfy the requirements before consideration for regular admission and matriculation.

Provisional Admission

All admissions offered by the University are provisional until the credentials of the candidate have been verified and certified by the Registrar.
so if you have not bought the form bon voyage
Re: B.u Entrance Exam by akinwunmi(m): 4:16pm On May 03, 2007
Thanks bro> I will work on that ASAP.I guess i will do the online registration or what do you think. i will try n call you this night aiight.Thanks very much.
Re: B.u Entrance Exam by Toluene(m): 6:22pm On May 07, 2007
akin i know u must be pissed at me abi?

my laptop waas acting up then and there was no one in my uncles office i tot he was going to come back early i i just ate breakfast now at to seven pm see since morning sorry

hope say i no Bleep you up??
Re: B.u Entrance Exam by busygirl(f): 9:25pm On May 07, 2007
Wishing you all success in your B.U entrance exam. cheesy
Re: B.u Entrance Exam by akinwunmi(m): 11:24pm On May 08, 2007
@Tolu
I understand man.Thanks for everything man,you really helped alot.I was at point of chickenin out sha, but av submitted da forms sha.Thanks a Billion

@Busygirl
You sound like ma mother n i love tht abt u.Thanks for the advice n pray its highly needed and goes a long way.
Re: B.u Entrance Exam by busygirl(f): 11:56pm On May 08, 2007
Thanks cheesy! that's the least i could do. I pray you gain admission there. Babcock is a lovely school. . I really enjoyed my stay there. Though it so much stress during registration and in the cafe. . .but with time, you'll get used to it.
Re: B.u Entrance Exam by akinwunmi(m): 6:07pm On May 10, 2007
@Busygurl
I really appreciate tht.If it as to do wiv cafe,NO WAHALA.

Do you knw if they allow rides?

(1) (2) (Reply)

St. Andrew's Old Boys Association, Adikpo (saoba) / Montessori Instructional Materials For Sale / Ansu. Anambra State University Postume 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.