Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,237 members, 7,829,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Pellets Versus Mash...which Is Better - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pellets Versus Mash...which Is Better (1715 Views)

Pellets OR Mash: Which Is Better For Caged Hens? / 15 Advantages Of Pellet Feed Over Mash Feed In Poultry Farming / Effect Of Feeding Layers Mash On Broilers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pellets Versus Mash...which Is Better by kay29000(m): 9:03am On Dec 06, 2018
Hello guys, I want to know which is better for optimum growth between pellet feed and mash feed. I was going home yesterday when I overhead a lady in the bus instructing her son to go and buy chicken feed and make sure it is pellet feed type he buys as Christmas is in just three weeks time.

Then I got home, and went to buy my regular Top Feeds Finisher mash when the guy that sells to me told me Top Feeds now make pellets finisher feed. I bought the pellet instead of the regular mash feed I usually buy. When I got home and gave my birds (male Noilers), they ran away from the feeder, and stayed at one and of the cage, like I had introduced an intruder into their midst. They stayed that way till the end of the day. But when I woke up this morning, they had finished the pellet ration I gave them last night. I gave them some more, and they ate. But I noticed thy don't eat as much of it as they used to eat the mash feed.

I just want to know, for the experienced ones out there...for optimum growth, which is better between pellets feed and mash feed. Thanks.

EMMAACHILE
TURK
Organicfoods
Farmafric
FarmerGiantpage
Re: Pellets Versus Mash...which Is Better by organicfoods(m): 10:28am On Dec 06, 2018
kay29000:
Hello guys, I want to know which is better for optimum growth between pellet feed and mash feed. I was going home yesterday when I overhead a lady in the bus instructing her son to go and buy chicken feed and make sure it is pellet feed type he buys as Christmas is in just three weeks time.

Then I got home, and went to buy my regular Top Feeds Finisher mash when the guy that sells to me told me Top Feeds now make pellets finisher feed. I bought the pellet instead of the regular mash feed I usually buy. When I got home and gave my birds (male Noilers), they ran away from the feeder, and stayed at one and of the cage, like I had introduced an intruder into their midst. They stayed that way till the end of the day. But when I woke up this morning, they had finished the pellet ration I gave them last night. I gave them some more, and they ate. But I noticed thy don't eat as much of it as they used to eat the mash feed.

I just want to know, for the experienced ones out there...for optimum growth, which is better between pellets feed and mash feed. Thanks.

EMMAACHILE
TURK
Organicfoods
Farmafric
FarmerGiantpage
Pellets all the way... But it has to be excellent feeds.

1 Like

Re: Pellets Versus Mash...which Is Better by kay29000(m): 10:41am On Dec 06, 2018
organicfoods:

Okay. Thanks.
Re: Pellets Versus Mash...which Is Better by wengerman: 3:03pm On Dec 06, 2018
most pelleted feeds are mash that has been processed to mash gel before pelleting.pellets are mash that have been processed further to simplify complex starch, denature protein which inactivates anti-nutritive factor in plant protein such as soya,.in summary pellets improve the digestibility and absorbability of feed.

1 Like

Re: Pellets Versus Mash...which Is Better by wengerman: 3:07pm On Dec 06, 2018
I am about to start an online training on conversion of mash or feed ingredients to mash gel feed.you pay a token for the training and also processing of animal waste products into single cell protein .the purpose of the training is to cut your cost of raising fish and broilers. contact 08050761678 WhatsApp for more info
Re: Pellets Versus Mash...which Is Better by kay29000(m): 4:55pm On Dec 06, 2018
wengerman:
most pelleted feeds are mash that has been processed to mash gel before pelleting.pellets are mash that have been processed further to simplify complex starch, denature protein which inactivates anti-nutritive factor in plant protein such as soya,.in summary pellets improve the digestibility and absorbability of feed.

Thanks for this explanation I appreciate it.
Re: Pellets Versus Mash...which Is Better by organicfoods(m): 10:03pm On Dec 06, 2018
kay29000:

Okay. Thanks.
Pelletized feeds are better in the sense that the feeds formulation are consumed as a whole in smaller bits by the birds... Hence an assured balanced diet of the the feed formulation is dispensed properly and consumed by the birds in every pellet eaten... unlike mash where some birds can quickly develop interest in a particular ingredients of the feeds...say maize or soy bean. The birds actually has a lot of option when feeding on mash which can be counter productive. Uniformity of birds on pellet feeds are easy to achieve.

Mash has an advantage in the sense that you can ferment it, and can be produced quickly by feed mill. However, Pelletizing requires certain skills and machine to consistently produce the right size and quality of feeds. Pelletized feeds crumbles easily when in prolong contact with water which can become a serious burden for birds to consume. It however reduce wastage if managed properly.

2 Likes

Re: Pellets Versus Mash...which Is Better by kay29000(m): 10:05pm On Dec 06, 2018
organicfoods:
Pelletized feeds are better in the sense that the feeds formulation are consumed as a whole in smaller bits by the birds... Hence an assured balanced diet of the the feed formulation is dispensed properly and consumed by the birds in every pellet eaten... unlike mash where some birds can quickly develop interest in a particular ingredients of the feeds...say maize or soy bean. The birds actually has a lot of option when feeding on mash which can be counter productive. Uniformity of birds on pellet feeds are easy to achieve.

Mash has an advantage in the sense that you can ferment it, and can be produced quickly by feed mill. However, Pelletizing requires certain skills and machine to consistently produce the right size and quality of feeds. Pelletized feeds crumbles easily when in prolong contact with water which can become a serious burden for birds to consume. It however reduce wastage if managed properly.

Thanks a lot. Pellets all the way for me then.
Re: Pellets Versus Mash...which Is Better by FarmerGiantpage: 1:50pm On Apr 03, 2019
Call Farmergiant Nigeria Limited for answer to your poultry questions
Call: 08182537352
Email: Farmergiant@gmail.com
www.farmergiant.info
organicfoods:

(1) (Reply)

Magic NPK 20 10 10 Fertilizer / grasscutters colonies available for sale. / Cassava (TME 419 & TMS30572) Tubers For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.