Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,478 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Will You Buy Chinese made Cars? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Will You Buy Chinese made Cars? (2901 Views)

Poll: Will You Buy Chinese made Cars?

Yes: 60% (6 votes)
No: 20% (2 votes)
later not now: 0% (0 votes)
Never: 20% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Differences / Similarities Between Canadian And US Made Cars? / Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car / First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Buy Chinese made Cars? by AloyEmeka8: 5:50pm On Jul 31, 2010

Brilliance M2

BYD e6 full-size electric crossover will reportedly come to the United States in the second half of 2010. However, BYD does not have a network of American dealers, and there is no extensive charging infrastructure to handle the car's fast-charge input.

Equipped with a Mitsubishi derived, 1.8-liter turbo engine delivering 170 horsepower, the Brilliance M3 Coupe accelerates from zero to 62 mph in under 10 seconds and reaches a maximum speed of 131 mph.

Brilliance M3
Re: Will You Buy Chinese made Cars? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 31, 2010
To the question?

No.
Re: Will You Buy Chinese made Cars? by AloyEmeka8: 5:59pm On Jul 31, 2010

Brilliance M1

The Brilliance FRV is a small hatchback styled by Italian design firm Giugiaro, and it offers an optional 1.8-liter turbocharged engine.

BYD e6

BYD F3DM
Re: Will You Buy Chinese made Cars? by AloyEmeka8: 6:00pm On Jul 31, 2010
Siena:

To the question?

No.

May I ask why you close your mind to their cars when you haven't tested one before?. They actually have good safety ratings.
Re: Will You Buy Chinese made Cars? by femmy2010(m): 6:16pm On Jul 31, 2010
Are they Techno or NOKLA? grin
Re: Will You Buy Chinese made Cars? by akinalabi(m): 6:43pm On Jul 31, 2010
If they keep at it, one day, we will be buying them.

I remember when I was much younger, my dad and his friends used to laught at those that bought Japanese cars.

Now we love them.

The 20 years ago, no one wanted korean cars. They are not as accepted as Japanese cars but they are no longer taboos.

We don't know what the future holds. Personally, I'm a kind of person that never puts anything down so we may be buying them later.
Re: Will You Buy Chinese made Cars? by GBT(m): 7:03pm On Jul 31, 2010

I remember when I was much younger, my dad and his friends used to laught at those that bought Japanese cars.

Now we love them.

The 20 years ago, no one wanted korean cars. They are not as accepted as Japanese cars but they are no longer taboos.

We don't know what the future holds. Personally, I'm a kind of person that never puts anything down so we may be buying them later.

This is very true Akinalabi and we dont need to wait donkey years as these cars are onthe road and loved/patronised by Intercontinectal bank and some other firm.

I learnt that they usually come in toyota engines maybe they have their own engine variant but it is no dream or fantasy these cars are on the road and depending on the performance might just take over the AUTO MARKET!

And to the question if i would,, Hell yes if it is durable and ecoomically sensible to my pocket
Re: Will You Buy Chinese made Cars? by AloyEmeka8: 7:12pm On Jul 31, 2010
akinalabi:

Now we love them.

Very true. I remember the days when Nissans/Datsuns, Toyotas, Daihatsus, Mitsubishis, Hondas were untouchables. If it is not British, German or American, nobody will touch your automibiles. But today, it is a different ball game. The only problem is that the Chinese auto industry didn't start today. Some are as old as the Hondas etc. They were building trucks and vans for the most part tho.
Re: Will You Buy Chinese made Cars? by chyket(m): 10:40pm On Jul 31, 2010
For chinesse cars,i will not buy them because of the price.I was the first person that imported and used the Brilliance car in Nigeria thats (november 2005 ). long before hyra motors took over the franchise in Nigeria
I used it everyday for about 2years and i made the following observations
1 The body was very strong because China has steel in their country so most times they dont compromise.
2 The Engine performed very well except for a few overheating problems when my radiator had problem
3 Their quality control is poor which is reflected in the finishing of the vehicle.
4 The tires dont last long.
5 It does not have second hand value because people dont even trust trust brand new chinesse cars not to talk of used one.
6 i considered the cost too high at $18500 CIF per a unit for the 2.4 litre top of the range which i bought,
Finally,i know that a lot of improvement is going on in the chinesse Auto industry and i strongly believe that they could dominate the Auto industry in the next few decades
Re: Will You Buy Chinese made Cars? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 31, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

May I ask why you close your mind to their cars when you haven't tested one before?. They actually have good safety ratings.

Brother Emeka, I won't buy a Chinese-built car, my reasoning is thus: I have always stuck with German cars, and have had no issues. I bought Japanese cars very early in the game - a 1981 Toyota Carina, 1985 Toyota Celica and a 1988 Toyota Celica Supra. All were good cars, though I found the Japanese cars had corrosion issues, the engines performed well enough.

Korean and Malaysian cars are relatively established in the auto industry, compared to the Chinese. Yet, I have not found them the best in terms of reliability. I can't imagine buyin a Chinese-built model, when they're new to the market (at least here in Britain, they don't exist as yet). A car is the second largest single investment one is likely to make, I'm not prepared to "test the waters" buy putting my hard-earned on a car I know little about. When the German models (Audi, BMW, Mercedes and Volkswagen are serving me so well. I'm not one to conduct expensive experiments, so for now, a resounding "no".
Re: Will You Buy Chinese made Cars? by Damola12: 11:00pm On Jul 31, 2010
bros no vex NO see d name sef -brilliance chai embarassed
Re: Will You Buy Chinese made Cars? by AloyEmeka8: 3:35am On Aug 01, 2010
chyket:

For chinesse cars,i will not buy them because of the price.I was the first person that imported and used the Brilliance car in Nigeria thats (november 2005 ). long before hyra motors took over the franchise in Nigeria
I used it everyday for about 2years and i made the following observations
1  The body was very strong because China has steel in their country so most times they dont compromise.
2  The Engine performed very well except for a few overheating problems when my radiator had problem
3 Their quality control is poor which is reflected in the finishing of the vehicle.
4 The tires dont last long.
5 It does not have second hand value because people dont even trust trust brand new chinesse cars not to talk of used one.
6 i considered the cost too high at $18500 CIF per a unit for the 2.4 litre top of the range which i bought,
Finally,i know that a lot of improvement is going on in the chinesse Auto industry and i strongly believe that they could dominate the Auto industry in the next few decades

@ no 1: They don't build cars now with steel because fiber glass is cheaper and lighter thereby saving you gas. It also have low tensile strength which is way safer than steel should you be in a crash.

@no 4: The tires has nothing to do with the auto maker.
Re: Will You Buy Chinese made Cars? by chelseabmw(m): 12:56pm On Aug 01, 2010
@post

Hell no

(1) (Reply)

The SAE 16 Viscosity Grade - An Advancement In Engine Oil Formulation / Rattling Sound On Acceleration / Is Honda Accord 2008 A Good Car For Uber/bolt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.