Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,446 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Do Dogs Actually See Ghosts? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do Dogs Actually See Ghosts? (6605 Views)

Do Dogs Really See Ghosts?? / An Osun Lady Raised And Impregnated By Ghosts / How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Dogs Actually See Ghosts? by double08(m): 11:58pm On Jul 31, 2010
It actually just crossed my mind because I just heard neighbors dogs barking just now for no reason and I remembered when someone told me that Dogs do see ghosts at night, how true is that?

1 Like

Re: Do Dogs Actually See Ghosts? by AndreUweh(m): 12:40am On Aug 01, 2010
yes
Re: Do Dogs Actually See Ghosts? by Acidosis(m): 4:07am On Aug 01, 2010
aside ghosts, they also recognise witches and wizards

1 Like

Re: Do Dogs Actually See Ghosts? by denitro(m): 1:03pm On Aug 01, 2010
Actually there is no tangible proof that dogs are seeing spirits or that spirits even exist. So to answer this with a definitve YES would be wrong. The simple fact is no one knows for sure. It is true that dogs have better senses than humans and can also see and hear in spectrums that we can't. But it is an assumption or your personal beleif if you think that your dog is barking at a ghost.

In real life people mistake natural or man-made things with something paranormal all the time. It's called paradolia. So it would only make sense that dogs are capable of doing the same thing but to a much higher degree with their broader senses and lower intelligence. So odds are they are barking at something that isn't a spirit but since you can't see it or hear you assume it's a spirit.

What if it's a sound you can't hear? A humming from your DVD player or an animal outside. It could be anything really when you think about it. Until we are able to communicate with animals we'll never really know what dogs are seeing and/or hearing.

1 Like

Re: Do Dogs Actually See Ghosts? by jamace(m): 1:29pm On Aug 01, 2010
I think so.
Re: Do Dogs Actually See Ghosts? by olabukola: 7:59pm On Aug 02, 2010
if you take that fliud that comes out from dogs eye and rob on your eye you will see ghost.
Re: Do Dogs Actually See Ghosts? by Freiburger(m): 12:10am On Aug 03, 2010
olabukola:

if you take that fliud that comes out from dogs eye and rob on your eye you will see ghost.

have u tried b4? grin grin grin
Re: Do Dogs Actually See Ghosts? by spicyhoney(f): 9:01am On Aug 03, 2010
olabukola:

Shuo, na wa for the kind of things that run through people's minds, why would u even think of doing such a thing in the first place?
Re: Do Dogs Actually See Ghosts? by jamace(m): 6:18pm On Aug 03, 2010

Hope you are not kidding us?
Re: Do Dogs Actually See Ghosts? by olabukola: 8:24pm On Aug 03, 2010
jamace:

Hope you are not kidding us?
A trial will convince you.

spicyhoney:

Shuo, na wa for the kind of things that run through people's minds, why would u even think of doing such a thing in the first place?
Cuz i wanna see ghost. Another way you can see them is going into a market square, bend down and watch peoples legs, some of the peeps in their are not human and you will see that their legs are not touching the ground. You have to be careful as they will strike as soon as they notice what u are doing

Freiburger:

have u tried b4? grin grin grin
yes
Re: Do Dogs Actually See Ghosts? by Bestglo(f): 1:58pm On Aug 04, 2010
olabukola:

Cuz i wanna see ghost. Another way you can see them is going into a market square, bend down and watch peoples legs, some of the peeps in their are not human and you will see that their legs are not touching the ground. You have to be careful as they will strike as soon as they notice what u are doing

I've actually heard of this but don't know how far it is true

1 Like

Re: Do Dogs Actually See Ghosts? by ezeagu(m): 1:53am On Aug 05, 2010
The only way you will know is to ask, next time when you see bingo ask him when he saw Nigeria's image.

1 Like

Re: Do Dogs Actually See Ghosts? by kokoye(m): 7:40pm On Aug 10, 2010
you can ask the dogs on this forum. dem plenty grin

if dey no answer you, go find paul the octopus.
Re: Do Dogs Actually See Ghosts? by Afam4eva(m): 7:59pm On Aug 10, 2010
Are we dogs? how are we suppose to know that.
Re: Do Dogs Actually See Ghosts? by nellaluv(f): 6:41am On Aug 14, 2010
ezeagu:

The only way you will know is to ask, next time when you see bingo ask him when he saw Nigeria's image.

grin grin grin grin

Bingo bingo, where are you?? I just wanna ask you sumrrin. cheesy
Re: Do Dogs Actually See Ghosts? by Jarus(m): 6:46pm On Aug 25, 2010
I believe they do. There is an Islamic hadith that even says so.
Re: Do Dogs Actually See Ghosts? by youngies(m): 1:17pm On Aug 26, 2010
^^ quote the hadith let's verify by ourselves
Re: Do Dogs Actually See Ghosts? by kannymoore(m): 7:58am On Oct 02, 2010
Not just dogs, I think most animals possess that ability to see and percieve supernatural and paranormal phenomena
Re: Do Dogs Actually See Ghosts? by xreal: 10:52am On Oct 02, 2010
@ post.
True.

olabukola:

correct.
Re: Do Dogs Actually See Ghosts? by Maxecloe: 5:13pm On Oct 02, 2010
I believes that Animals have never been told that ghosts aren't real so if they see one, they will of course, react.
Re: Do Dogs Actually See Ghosts? by adagz01(m): 5:08pm On Oct 03, 2010
I dont really know,but it seems to be true so far
Re: Do Dogs Actually See Ghosts? by adagz01(m): 5:09pm On Oct 03, 2010
Re: Do Dogs Actually See Ghosts? by adagz01(m): 5:11pm On Oct 03, 2010
Re: Do Dogs Actually See Ghosts? by toboy: 11:20am On Oct 11, 2010
yes ,dogs see ghosts.
Re: Do Dogs Actually See Ghosts? by Gamine(f): 5:12pm On Oct 11, 2010
We used to believe this as kids, cause we lived near a cemetery one time
and at about 7 in the evening, as the sun goes down there's always a mournful
bark from the dogs around us. In the morning also, before the sun fully rises,
it was scary.

1 Like

Re: Do Dogs Actually See Ghosts? by madlady(f): 5:18am On Oct 12, 2010
Gamine:

We used to believe this as kids, cause we lived near a cemetery one time
and at about 7 in the evening, as the sun goes down there's always a mournful
bark from the dogs around us. In the morning also, before the sun fully rises,
it was scary.

I hear that also, but the baying I hear comes from foxes.

Maybe the howling you heard came from a pack of dogs who lived in or around the cemetery, that's how they call out to each other. smiley smiley

Dogs are very sensitive to the environment, their senses are very highly tuned.
My family dog (we had him for 12 years) ran away the day before my dad died. He came back a week later, he was extremely emaciated, he died a week later cry cry.
Re: Do Dogs Actually See Ghosts? by info2009: 11:14pm On Oct 15, 2010
My answer is yes or no but i believe and also have withness where dog do bark a particular woman any time she passes so after my investigation i was told that the particular woman is evil .
Re: Do Dogs Actually See Ghosts? by babsjnr(m): 1:53am On Apr 30, 2012
Not just ghost. Dogs are very highly intelligent animal and sensitive. They can detect cancer by sniffing. Dogs sense of smell is very powerful than humans 150 times.

1 Like

Re: Do Dogs Actually See Ghosts? by JeanMacqou(m): 2:50am On Apr 30, 2012
There is absolutely no such thing as "ghosts" or what ever the hell you call them.
These things are just illusions that play games on human and animal minds alike. I once saw two glowing red eyes watching me, and I simply ignored. But my dog was too dumb to know that its jist an illusion. He was barking and I dragged him by the leash.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Miss Côte D'ivoire 2012 Miss Djouka Hélène-valérie / Our Ancestors - Images From Ancient Egypt / Hausa Language Could Be The Next Official Language Of Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.