Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread (41008 Views)

Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread / Infinix Hot 6 Pro X608 Official Discussion Thread / TECNO Camon X/X Pro Official Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread by seunfly: 8:26pm On Dec 20, 2018
Mizik:
They will. Trust me

Good evening, I hope my order has not been canceled.
Re: HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread by mzMerci(f): 8:36pm On Dec 20, 2018
EkpoTony:

That's how Jumia just called me now to tell me that I've waited for about 5 days in vain. Asking if am still interested to order the phone. Na so body weak me, i no do again, they don't even have black anymore. I'll pass i go enter phone shop buy camon 11 pro.

Aww..sorry

1 Like

Re: HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread by Mizik(m): 8:42pm On Dec 20, 2018
seunfly:

Good evening, I hope my order has not been canceled.
No it hasn't
Re: HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread by lexrichy(m): 9:29pm On Dec 20, 2018
does this phone support glo 4g network
Re: HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread by Vicboi1(m): 11:13pm On Dec 20, 2018
lexrichy:
does this phone support glo 4g network
No
Re: HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 20, 2018
@ ekpotony you'll regret ever buying that useless Tecno camon 11 pro having low pixels, the phone looks pale and white because it lacks good pixels.

And also don't buy this Huawei y9 you'll never receive update to android 9 please be patient by January better phone with good camera and stock android 9 will be rolling out. With good battery and fast charge

E g infinix zero 6/6 pro
Re: HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread by klexycole(m): 12:54am On Dec 21, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
@ ekpotony you'll regret ever buying that useless Tecno camon 11 pro having low pixels, the phone looks pale and white because it lacks good pixels.

And also don't buy this Huawei y9 you'll never receive update to android 9 please be patient by January better phone with good camera and stock android 9 will be rolling out. With good battery and fast charge

E g infinix zero 6/6 pro

See recommendation! cheesy Yinmu grin

6 Likes

Re: HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread by klexycole(m): 1:08am On Dec 21, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
Anybody buying this phone he/she just wasting funds.

This phone can never receive update even to android pie, Huawei are well known for very slow or never update on their phones.

I'll rather stick with my infinix and wait for zero 6 than to buy this pool.

I bought infinix note 4 Pro it already got android 8 update and I heard it will receive update to 9 soon

Sorry, I hate to say this. But you are so clueless for this above assertion.

Infinix promoter. grin

4 Likes

Re: HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread by EkpoTony(m): 4:36am On Dec 21, 2018
Princeofnigeria:

E g infinix zero 6/6 pro

Thanks man, I'll probably not buy the camon 11 pro but I don't know about waiting till January. Las las i fit just buy Samsung. Prolly J8
Re: HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread by Stevengold(m): 7:04am On Dec 21, 2018
Lol, you all should settle for Nokia new android phones, I've been using the android 3.1 and it pushes updates every month. I bought it with android 8.0 but with constant update, I'm on 8.1, same with Nokia 6.1, Nokia 7 etc.
Re: HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread by seunfly: 7:08am On Dec 21, 2018
Stevengold:
Lol, you all should settle for Nokia new android phones, I've been using the android 3.1 and it pushes updates every month. I bought it with android 8.0 but with constant update, I'm on 8.1, same with Nokia 6.1, Nokia 7 etc.
The problem with Nokia is battery, imagine Snapdragon 636 with 3060 mah battery, it will rarely last you above average usage for a day, Otherwise the design is sexy. Any phone with snapdragon 636 must be minimum of 4000mah, that is why xiaomi is selling faster than Nokia despite not having physical presence here and it is same reason I'm going for this phone huawei Y9 because kirin 710 is far above snapdragon 636 in power efficiency yet it comes with 4000mah.

2 Likes

Re: HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread by donbenie(m): 7:24am On Dec 21, 2018
Princeofnigeria:

E g infinix zero 6/6 pro
So you want him to wait till January to buy the Infinix Zero 6?a phone that will probably come with the same specs as the Y9 but will cost FIFTY THOUSAND NAIRA more?
Quit talking all this crap,everyone knows you are an Infinix Marketer..the HONOR 7X,the Generational Predecessor to the Y9 came out with Android Nougat but has since been updated to Android Oreo,so your claims that Huawei doesn't update their phones are pure lies..

https://www.xda-developers.com/honor-7x-android-oreo-update-us/amp/

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/honor-7x-android-oreo-emui-8-0-roll-out-india-1857619?amp=1&akamai-rum=off

Stick to your Infinix and stop talking trash about the NUMBER TWO SMARTPHONE MANUFACTURER in the world,Infinix is still a Learner..

4 Likes

Re: HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread by Stevengold(m): 12:18pm On Dec 21, 2018
seunfly:

The problem with Nokia is battery, imagine Snapdragon 636 with 3060 mah battery, it will rarely last you above average usage for a day, Otherwise the design is sexy. Any phone with snapdragon 636 must be minimum of 4000mah, that is why xiaomi is selling faster than Nokia despite not having physical presence here and it is same reason I'm going for this phone huawei Y9 because kirin 710 is far above snapdragon 636 in power efficiency yet it comes with 4000mah.

I agree �, but the thing is they have better battery management compared to some phones.
Re: HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread by chicwoman(f): 1:04pm On Dec 21, 2018
I mean Ive used tecno as well as Huawei
seunfly:

Both phones or brands?
Re: HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread by chicwoman(f): 1:21pm On Dec 21, 2018
Have you used the phone before that youre talking like this?

Princeofnigeria:

E g infinix zero 6/6 pro
Re: HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread by chicwoman(f): 1:22pm On Dec 21, 2018
Check reviews online before you make a decision

Dont let peoples opinion fool you

EkpoTony:

Thanks man, I'll probably not buy the camon 11 pro but I don't know about waiting till January. Las las i fit just buy Samsung. Prolly J8
Re: HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread by Mizik(m): 2:16pm On Dec 21, 2018
seunfly:

I can't wait for you to receive it o. You'll post your review on it right?

2 Likes

Re: HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread by bubbybillion: 5:05pm On Dec 21, 2018
Nokia x6 6.1 2018 edition is unique....glass aluminium cover design sexy fone.people wl keep asking u whic phone u ar holding....even thou it has 3000mah ba3 yet it last more than 9hrs.it has snapdragon 636.d camera is awesome unlike infinix note 5 white powder camera lol.those using infinix borrow my nokia x6 anytime dem wanto snap pix lol
Re: HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread by seunfly: 6:23pm On Dec 21, 2018
bubbybillion:
Nokia x6 6.1 2018 edition is unique....glass aluminium cover design sexy fone.people wl keep asking u whic phone u ar holding....even thou it has 3000mah ba3 yet it last more than 9hrs.it has snapdragon 636.d camera is awesome unlike infinix note 5 white powder camera lol.those using infinix borrow my nokia x6 anytime dem wanto snap pix lol

@ bolded, unless u are less than average phone user I.e you are the type that just receive calls and uses internet once in a while and you don't put your data on always. Anything contrary, your battery won't last 9hours has u v claimed. Reviews that involve Nokia x6 and co are on YouTube, none ever go beyond 5hours. No matter how battery friendly android on Nokia is, snapdragon 636 can't just last long on 3000mah battery. Remember snapdragon 636 is based on 14nm technology and Nokia x6/6.1 has high pixel density of about 432ppi, all this are heavy load on battery.
Like I v said, Nokia has one of the best designs among lower segment phones but they missed it from their choice of battery.
Re: HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread by jetz(m): 7:14pm On Dec 21, 2018
Just went thru the comment om this thread and i was seeingn people comparing camon 11 pro to Huawei y9 i just smh and said lord forgive em for they don't know wah they re thinking....tecno infinix n itel poo only sells in africa as they offer black man big battery, over exposed camera, and fancy build on a chipset that can't evwn compete in europe, china, or even north america market cos they will fail quality control test straight up....Huawei y9 gives you better value for money on fast chipset, better camera that shoots true image, better battery life, and good quality control. TBC

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread by jetz(m): 7:17pm On Dec 21, 2018
seunfly:

Lol!!! grin grin grin. What is difference btw EMUI 9 and android pie?

Let me simplify it for u, EMUI 9 is the Huawei custom ROM of Android pie, it is same thing as OxygenOS of oneplus series ( current version OxygenOs 9.07 based on android pie), MIUI of Xiaomi ( the current is MIUI 10 based on android Oreo), Funtouch OS of Vivo and many more.

https://theleaker.com/huawei-honor-android-p-9-0-update/amp/

https://www.androidauthority.com/android-9-0-update-880718/amp/
This is the list of manufacturers that has updated to andriod pie 9 and huawei started the update in August 2018.

Are u satisfied?
God bless this your reply jare
Re: HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread by jetz(m): 7:19pm On Dec 21, 2018
richysam:
WTF!! camera?
Hmmmm lemme comment my reserve
em never go check wetin dxomark dy talk dats y lol
Re: HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread by bubbybillion: 8:45pm On Dec 21, 2018
huawai Y9 users are silent abt d phone camera.Talkmore of Y9 selfie camera that shoot average photo in low light.nokia x6 beats huawai Y9...nokia is coming bk to dominate d market.quality for ur money
Re: HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 21, 2018
I'll never waste my money on Huawei, umudigi, Tecno, Xiaomi, Gionee, all this Chinese Rubbish again.

Soup wey sweet na money kill am, if not iPhone sorry I'm not buying again rubbish phones.

Useless Huawei y9 with useless camera, no slow motion, still type B charge 2018?

The only Chinese phone I'll manage is Infinix
Re: HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread by MeshachMARTINS(m): 9:36pm On Dec 21, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
I'll never waste my money on Huawei, umudigi, Tecno, Xiaomi, Gionee, all this Chinese Rubbish again.

Soup wey sweet na money kill am, if not iPhone sorry I'm not buying again rubbish phones.

Useless Huawei y9 with useless camera, no slow motion, still type B charge 2018?

do you know?
Infinix techno and itel is owned by one company called TRANSSION HOLDINGS

2 Likes

Re: HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 21, 2018
MeshachMARTINS:
do you know?
Infinix techno and itel is owned by one company called TRANSSION
it's doesn't matter, can you compare infinix phones and itel's?
Re: HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread by MeshachMARTINS(m): 9:38pm On Dec 21, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
can u compare their prices
Re: HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 21, 2018
MeshachMARTINS:
can u compare their prices
go sleep because you're just deviating from my point you this bloody civilian

1 Like

Re: HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread by donbenie(m): 9:40pm On Dec 21, 2018
Princeofnigeria:

Clearly I can see you're a delusional human being,why disturb others for spending their hard earned money the way they like. .
Your MANIC RANTINGS has now moved from no Updates to useless camera?
F#ck off to the Infinix page and go Mast@rbate with your delusional crew.. shocked

3 Likes

Re: HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread by MeshachMARTINS(m): 9:41pm On Dec 21, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
go sleep because you're just deviating from my point you this bloody civilian
ok
Re: HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread by seunfly: 9:51pm On Dec 21, 2018
MeshachMARTINS:
ok

We have too many crazy people in Nigeria, he raised one false alarm yesterday which i gave him evidence that he was wrong, today he came with different thing totally different from what we discoursed yesterday.

2 Likes

Re: HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread by Mizik(m): 9:58pm On Dec 21, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
shut the f*ck up . We all know you're being paid stipends to market infinix.
But even so you should try to be honest to urself once in a while. You're trying to deceive innocent Nigerians for a bunch of Chinese and Lebanese chickens. You Sir can sell your country For anything. undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Official Thread For PES 2017 Android Game : Download Here / 5 Types Of Photos You Should Completely Keep Off Social Media / Bbm Introduces Another Awesome Feature, Check It Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.