Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,471 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Cobhams Asuquo: Bullies Almost Made Me Drop Out Of School - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Cobhams Asuquo: Bullies Almost Made Me Drop Out Of School (12872 Views)

Cobhams Asuquo Kills A Snake On The Lawn In His House - Pictures / Cobhams Asuquo Shows Off His Family - Pictures / "Copycat Olamide Stole My Look" - Cobhams Asuquo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cobhams Asuquo: Bullies Almost Made Me Drop Out Of School by Nobody: 5:30am On Dec 08, 2018
Cobhams Asuquo, the ace Nigerian music producer who was visually impaired from birth has revealed that bullies almost made him drop out of school. 

Cobhams who grew up in a military barracks in Jos, Plateau State, disclosed that though his parents didn't have much, however they gave him so much love. Here are excerpts from his interview with Eric Dumo; 

You had your earliest childhood in a military barracks in Jos, Plateau State, what was that period of your life like?

That period was fun because I was able to do all the things most children around could do despite my visual impairment. I remember rolling tyres on the streets with the other children back in those days. I was very competitive. If any child did something around me, I found a way to do it better.

My parents didn’t have much but they gave me so much love. I would say I am a product of love. My visual impairment was never an issue of concern as a child.

Later, my father, who was in the army, was posted to Lagos, so we lived at the Ikeja Military Cantonment.

Were you able to start school as and when due or were there delays as a result of your situation?

I started primary school when I was 10 years old at the Pacelli School for the Blind and Partially Sighted Children in Lagos. I had learnt a lot of things from my brothers and sister before I started, so it was quite easy for me to fit in. I listened to a lot of radio programmes as a child, so this increased my understanding of a lot of things.

I attended a boarding primary school and for me, the environment and atmosphere were very different from what I had been used to at home. The shock was such that I wanted to drop out of school in primary two. The routine was quite a lot for a young boy like me who had been used to being woken up by his mother and asked what he wanted for breakfast.

Also, the head boy of the school then didn’t like me much because I spoke with an accent I picked up from watching television which they couldn’t understand. He and a few other boys did all they could to make life difficult for me. The situation got to me and I wanted to drop out of school at that point.

Fortunately for me, a lot of those boys passed out the following year, so things became much easier for me in school. As a matter of fact, I soon became a ringleader myself as time went by. It was an interesting period of my life.

For those who think that having a disability is the end of the world, what words do you have for such people?

I think such persons should take a look at my life. The fact that I am where I am today is testament to the fact that they can do 10 times more.

https://lailasnews.com/bullies-almost-made-me-drop-out-of-school-cobhams-asuquo/

8 Likes

Re: Cobhams Asuquo: Bullies Almost Made Me Drop Out Of School by universaltv: 5:33am On Dec 08, 2018
Hmm deep

“Shame On You An Am Not Pregnant” Rosy Meurer Debunk Pregnancy Rumour >>>.http://www.praizenews.com/shame-on-you-an-am-not-pregnant-rosy-me-ur-er-debunk-pregnancy-rumour/

Re: Cobhams Asuquo: Bullies Almost Made Me Drop Out Of School by ipobarethieves: 5:41am On Dec 08, 2018
smiley
Re: Cobhams Asuquo: Bullies Almost Made Me Drop Out Of School by adeniyi3971(m): 5:42am On Dec 08, 2018
One of the best “Musicians” Nigeria will ever see

49 Likes

Re: Cobhams Asuquo: Bullies Almost Made Me Drop Out Of School by harkandey(m): 5:49am On Dec 08, 2018
hmm, thank God for his life

2 Likes

Re: Cobhams Asuquo: Bullies Almost Made Me Drop Out Of School by speedyconnect3: 6:33am On Dec 08, 2018
Good you made it.
Education is good.

2 Likes

Re: Cobhams Asuquo: Bullies Almost Made Me Drop Out Of School by Homeboiy: 6:34am On Dec 08, 2018
Some lies in his speech but

All thanks to God for not dropping out

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cobhams Asuquo: Bullies Almost Made Me Drop Out Of School by Nobody: 7:20am On Dec 08, 2018
Homeboiy:
Some lies in his speech but

All thanks to God for not dropping out

What lies?

I thought he wasn't born blind by the way?
Re: Cobhams Asuquo: Bullies Almost Made Me Drop Out Of School by BruncleZuma: 10:42am On Dec 08, 2018
That's sad...
Re: Cobhams Asuquo: Bullies Almost Made Me Drop Out Of School by kesobprovidier: 10:44am On Dec 08, 2018
potompo
Re: Cobhams Asuquo: Bullies Almost Made Me Drop Out Of School by nonye6194: 10:44am On Dec 08, 2018
One of the very few Nigerian artistes whose songs usually have a message and makes actual sense. Respect Eyen eka

20 Likes

Re: Cobhams Asuquo: Bullies Almost Made Me Drop Out Of School by DEHVEHLOP(m): 10:44am On Dec 08, 2018
Piggy bullies!

How can illiterates know the value of education.

Igbo amaka

Re: Cobhams Asuquo: Bullies Almost Made Me Drop Out Of School by Cumtroller: 10:44am On Dec 08, 2018
This dude is a lying bastard. Looking for sympathy and relevance after years of dormancy. You went to Kings College Lagos, and you were not bullied.
Wasn’t it Harman’s House?

2 Likes

Re: Cobhams Asuquo: Bullies Almost Made Me Drop Out Of School by NessaBoo(f): 10:45am On Dec 08, 2018
This man is a testament to the fact that there's ability in disability...

A lyrically awesome singer, deep resounding vocals and an AMAZING producer!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cobhams Asuquo: Bullies Almost Made Me Drop Out Of School by mikhe2(m): 10:47am On Dec 08, 2018
Cumtroller:
This dude is a lying bastard. Looking for sympathy and relevance after years of dormancy. You went to Kings College Lagos, and were not bullied.
u follow am attend the school

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cobhams Asuquo: Bullies Almost Made Me Drop Out Of School by MrMcJay(m): 10:49am On Dec 08, 2018
Cobhams attended King's college and finished around 2002 or so. I don't know if he was bullied but Cobhams was a bully in KC. I guess the bullying he's referring to was before he came to KC.

However, the guy was a bastard cracko (very intelligent). While in KC, he went for an international competition and was adjudged the 4th most compassionate speaker in the world. Also, while in in Law Sch, Cobhams was signed by Sony Music.

Cobhams was a bully in KC and there's nothing KC boys do that he didn't do. However, he's still one of the shining examples of Kingsmen we have today.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cobhams Asuquo: Bullies Almost Made Me Drop Out Of School by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 08, 2018
Cumtroller:
This dude is a lying bastard. Looking for sympathy and relevance after years of dormancy. You went to Kings College Lagos, and you were not bullied.

Before KC, he attended a school for blind kids, I believe that's where the bullying happened.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cobhams Asuquo: Bullies Almost Made Me Drop Out Of School by NOC1(m): 10:52am On Dec 08, 2018
The first day this great guy came to our office i never knew he is blind, the dude was smarter and more lively than our immediate past president and this current one (dullards have been in power for the past 12 years).
May God grant Cobhams more success.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cobhams Asuquo: Bullies Almost Made Me Drop Out Of School by Laju1234: 11:01am On Dec 08, 2018
Sorry
Re: Cobhams Asuquo: Bullies Almost Made Me Drop Out Of School by okrikaboi: 11:03am On Dec 08, 2018
Give me one hit song Lord make i blow like Dino Melaye

2 Likes

Re: Cobhams Asuquo: Bullies Almost Made Me Drop Out Of School by Isangad1(m): 11:05am On Dec 08, 2018
whenever I see this guy, I remember their are no excuse in life.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cobhams Asuquo: Bullies Almost Made Me Drop Out Of School by Buffalowings3(m): 11:09am On Dec 08, 2018
adeniyi3971:
One of the best “Musicians” Nigeria will ever see
Yeye boy
Double entendre cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Cobhams Asuquo: Bullies Almost Made Me Drop Out Of School by DEHVEHLOP(m): 11:11am On Dec 08, 2018
Tushkito:

Hate filled coneheaded yoruber

Your problem is due to too much open defecation!

Stop it across potopotor Republic grin

1 Share

Re: Cobhams Asuquo: Bullies Almost Made Me Drop Out Of School by Randy100: 11:14am On Dec 08, 2018
Who would bully a blind man
Re: Cobhams Asuquo: Bullies Almost Made Me Drop Out Of School by cdqyehyeh(m): 11:15am On Dec 08, 2018
Cumtroller:

anything for qoute nd likes

2 Likes

Re: Cobhams Asuquo: Bullies Almost Made Me Drop Out Of School by davillian(m): 11:18am On Dec 08, 2018
I was a bully from primary school to secondary school.
I remember one albino that dyed his hair because of me grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nengi, Itel Donates Libraries, Educational Materials To Schools In Lagos / Naira Marley is Innocent- Tribute To Mohbad By Albysnr / Photos:Actress Yvonne Okoro Exposes Her B*oobs And Undies,Begs 4 $ex From People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.