Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,415 members, 7,812,223 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

Despite AWCON Victory, Falcons Slip In FIFA Ranking - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Despite AWCON Victory, Falcons Slip In FIFA Ranking (14242 Views)

Nigeria Vs South Africa: 2018 AWCON Final - 4 - 3 Penalties (Full Time) / Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) / Nigeria Vs Zambia: AWCON 2018 - 4 - 0 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite AWCON Victory, Falcons Slip In FIFA Ranking by vivalavida(m): 8:07am On Dec 08, 2018
b0rn2fuck:
Victory that was being determine by penalties in semi and final? Fifa are not blind. The old falcons would have finish those two teams even before half time, Cameron nearly sent us packing in 90 minutes game. We ride by luck and not credibility because penalties is a game of chance. It is called anybody win
Certainly u know nothing about football.
As the years go, teams from supposedly weak countries get stronger. The last men's world cup should have been an eye opener to u. How did Germany, Brazil and other strong teams of yore fare against mediocre teams of years back? Countries have improved and the level of competition is now higher in football. Victory is not easy to guarantee nowadays unlike then when you can close your eyes and vanquish an opposition team.

1 Like

Re: Despite AWCON Victory, Falcons Slip In FIFA Ranking by Samunique(m): 8:13am On Dec 08, 2018
don4real18:
FIFA is a fraud jawe... I wonder why we have the NFF sef. Other countries football association lobbies FIFA for the rating of their team but the officials we have are just a bunch of people with pea-sized brains who only care about money. It is even expected of them to release a press conference on our recent rating even with our achievements let the world union of journalists waddle into the matter but no, the only thing on their mind is money
Lobby FIFA ?

U have to shed more light on this !!!
Re: Despite AWCON Victory, Falcons Slip In FIFA Ranking by decrownprince(m): 8:18am On Dec 08, 2018
davillian:

When I hear "incoming" I just run and take cover.
Lolz. u think sai na RPG?
Re: Despite AWCON Victory, Falcons Slip In FIFA Ranking by b0rn2fuck(m): 8:19am On Dec 08, 2018
vivalavida:

As the years go, teams from supposedly weak countries get stronger. The last men's world cup should have been an eye opener to u. How did Germany, Brazil and other strong teams of yore fare against mediocre teams of years back? Countries have improved and the level of competition is now higher in football. Victory is not easy to guarantee nowadays unlike then when you can close your eyes and vanquish an opposition team.
that's why our odd kept dropping. We played Argentina 5 times in world cup, we couldn't even draw a single match

1 Like

Re: Despite AWCON Victory, Falcons Slip In FIFA Ranking by HAH: 8:58am On Dec 08, 2018
It because falcons only won two games, they beat equatorial Guinea and Zambia and drew cameroun and south Africa

Your ranking goes up if you beat better teams, the falcons were just lucky to have won on penalties at semi final and also final

In fact I have never seen a falcon team as bad as the current one or the fact that other countries team have caught of with Nigeria in Africa,

Only one Nigeria Ebi made the best eleven of the nations cup , there were four south African and four Cameroonian, this tells a lot on how good they are

2 Likes

Re: Despite AWCON Victory, Falcons Slip In FIFA Ranking by Chukazu: 9:53am On Dec 08, 2018
lonelydora:
Whether they rank us or not, Falcon is Africa's best female team

That was in the past.

The Cameroon and South Africa team were way better than us . It was all fumble and wonbble
Re: Despite AWCON Victory, Falcons Slip In FIFA Ranking by LogicStatement: 9:57am On Dec 08, 2018
Jestin:
Despite the results ,their performance was poor...dedicating this first to comment to my incoming child
Sure! Africa's women football is not competitive and impressive that is why Super Falcons, despite their poor performance, could still retain number one in Africa. I wish North African teams like Egypt and Tunisia can allow their females to play competitive football, only then will Super Falcons know they are still toddlers. Super Falcons and NFF need to do a lot to prepare for the world cup next year because that stage is not for mediocre. I hope the Super Falcons will be able to get pass the group stage at the world cup.
Re: Despite AWCON Victory, Falcons Slip In FIFA Ranking by Chukazu: 9:58am On Dec 08, 2018
vivalavida:

Get your facts right.

Talk about mediocre, we are one the mediocre team on world stage, especially in the women football and have we fared against the likes of US, Germany and France?

The question is not wether other teams have improved, obviously they have.

The real question is have your falcons improved as well? And the emphatic answer is NO!

If they have improved then they should be competing with likes of US, Brazil and Germany.

Check one team that has improved beyond doubt; talk about the English women team , that is a country that was in our level before (if not below us) now currently ranked third in the world.
How do we fare when up against the best in the world?
Compare and contrast?
Re: Despite AWCON Victory, Falcons Slip In FIFA Ranking by Mizwisdom(f): 10:19am On Dec 08, 2018
b0rn2fuck:
Victory that was being determine by penalties in semi and final? Fifa are not blind. The old falcons would have finish those two teams even before half time, Cameron nearly sent us packing in 90 minutes game. We ride by luck and not credibility because penalties is a game of chance. It is called anybody win

It seems you didn't watch the final match
Re: Despite AWCON Victory, Falcons Slip In FIFA Ranking by davillian(m): 11:01am On Dec 08, 2018
decrownprince:
Lolz. u think sai na RPG?
No mind me video game don spoil me lol
Re: Despite AWCON Victory, Falcons Slip In FIFA Ranking by ice234: 5:18pm On Dec 08, 2018
Of what use is the lobbying?

don4real18:
FIFA is a fraud jawe... I wonder why we have the NFF sef. Other countries football association lobbies FIFA for the rating of their team but the officials we have are just a bunch of people with pea-sized brains who only care about money. It is even expected of them to release a press conference on our recent rating even with our achievements let the world union of journalists waddle into the matter but no, the only thing on their mind is money

(1) (2) (Reply)

CAF Approves Abuja Stadium For Nigeria Vs Ghana 2022 World Cup Playoff / Noni Madueke: NFF To Challenge England For PSV Starlet / Cristiano Ronaldo Score 2 Goals In Al Nassr's Win Vs Ahli

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.