Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,619 members, 7,955,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:18 PM

Would You Donate Your Vital Organs? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Would You Donate Your Vital Organs? (3724 Views)

Oluwaseun Samuel-Fajilade With Male And Female Sex Organs Cries Out For Help / Boy, 13, Has No Reproductive Organs (Photo) / Would You Donate Blood? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Donate Your Vital Organs? by spoilt(f): 2:46am On Apr 14, 2007
im seriously considering becoming an organ donor! im not kidding. i want to donate my kidneys, heart, liver, eyes, and everything else salvageable.
im in the process of getting the pink sticker on my drivers licence signifying my donor status. i know most nigerians aren't that open minded yet. when i die(if i die! grin)my vital organs could save lives. would you guys donate? especially to a perfect stranger?would it be easier if its an immediate family member who needs a vital organ? would you give up a kidney or part of your liver for anyone?
Re: Would You Donate Your Vital Organs? by RedLips3(f): 2:49am On Apr 14, 2007
Im a donor. It's on my State ID card. When my mom saw it she asked me to change it but I ignored her.

Why be selfish even in death?
Re: Would You Donate Your Vital Organs? by spoilt(f): 3:10am On Apr 14, 2007
Red_Lips:

I'm a donor. It's on my State ID card. When my mom saw it she asked me to change it but I ignored her.

Why be selfish even in death?

i told my mom. the poor woman freaked big time. she say's i'll surface at the pearly gates hollow! an empty shell! thats so funny! but im going to do it anyway. its the right thing to do.
Re: Would You Donate Your Vital Organs? by iice(f): 4:44am On Apr 14, 2007
If there's anything salvageable, sure why not
Re: Would You Donate Your Vital Organs? by ikamefa(f): 6:14am On Apr 14, 2007
been considering it for a while undecided

my mama must not hear oh! cheesy
Re: Would You Donate Your Vital Organs? by rikkyjen(m): 6:28am On Apr 14, 2007
I wanted to add the donor sign on my driver's license, i remebered the katakata i nearly caused when i got back from my states BMV and I went to to visit my Aunt.

Me : Just reknewed my Drivers license, and i wanted to put the donors sign and . . . 

Aunt: (eating). Mo daran, you did what?,! (Aunty began  sobbing) cry cry cry. Mo gbe, Omo yii ti pa mi

Me : Aunt if someone dies, you don't need the organs anymo. . .

Aunt : Ma friend, will you sharappppp and gerrrout (In konk yoruba accent). Dont you know even if you have a lil headache, abi even a minor accident, they would start removing those organs immediately even when you still breathe!

Me : Haba, Who told you that?, I know Nigerians did, its all lies. . .

Aunt: (Cuts in), Ok, if you know you added a donors sign,lets go to BMV kia-kia and tell 'em you don't feel like again.

Me :What?! Anyway, i didnt add the donor sign in the first place, was just teasing you grin cheesy

The woman just worked up herself for no reason. Nigerians too dey fickle minded.Afterall, if you don die , you don't know whats happening to you. Dats why Most oyinbo people are avoiding the main burial ground funeral stuff now, the In-thingy now is to cremate. I even heard and read Bola Tinubu has donated his eyes to LASU teaching hospital, once he's dead. His wife nearly hit the roof, but nothing dey happen  grin
Re: Would You Donate Your Vital Organs? by spoilt(f): 7:46am On Apr 14, 2007
i wouldnt want tinubu's eyes sha. grin. he has lazy eyes!
i bet a blind man would jump on them though! grin grin grin
Re: Would You Donate Your Vital Organs? by RedLips3(f): 7:05pm On Apr 14, 2007
rikkyjen:

Aunt : Ma friend, will you sharappppp and gerrrout (In konk yoruba accent). Dont you know even if you have a lil headache, abi even a minor accident, they would start removing those organs immediately even when you're still breathiing!

Lol, that is the same lame excuse my mom gave me.
Re: Would You Donate Your Vital Organs? by Reverend(m): 7:08pm On Apr 14, 2007
I am willing to donate my organ to any women who can mke use of it for  couple of hours. It is still attched to the outside of my body and I will have to be there because of this.

Just give me a call  tongue grin grin tongue
Re: Would You Donate Your Vital Organs? by kellorah: 7:08pm On Apr 14, 2007
i know it'll be a good thing but, i wanna keep all my parts to myself when i'm dead.
Re: Would You Donate Your Vital Organs? by studdys(f): 11:42pm On Apr 14, 2007
How nice to know we have sone generous people amongst us grin
more greeze to your elbows all ye donors of VITAL ORGANS you've got the heart to know
what would be of your body after death,
personally, i don't want to know shocked wink
Re: Would You Donate Your Vital Organs? by spoilt(f): 11:44pm On Apr 14, 2007
studdys:

How nice to know we have sone generous people amongst us grin
more greeze to your elbows all ye donors of VITAL ORGANS you've got the heart to know
what would be of your body after death,
personally, i don't want to know shocked wink

is it better for the organs to decompose in the grave and waste? grin
Re: Would You Donate Your Vital Organs? by 4Play(m): 11:47pm On Apr 14, 2007
spoilt:

is it better for the organs to decompose in the grave and waste? grin

There is "life after death" right?Won't you need your organs for that life?You don't want come into the next life and you are already on the organ donee list .

Carry your organs with you.You aren't sure someone will be as giving as you in the next life.
Re: Would You Donate Your Vital Organs? by spoilt(f): 11:53pm On Apr 14, 2007
@4play
any after life will be in spirit sweetie.didnt you go to sunday school? grin ive seen dead bodies laying by the road side. THEY DECOMPOSE!
Re: Would You Donate Your Vital Organs? by OmoEko1(f): 5:49am On Apr 15, 2007
Never in this lifetime or any other life after this will i ever donate my organs, becos when i came into this world God gave me a complete organs and when i die am talking my complete organ with me. God forbid bad thing even my mum will kill me if i do that lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Would You Donate Your Vital Organs? by anabell(f): 4:15pm On Apr 15, 2007
its not a bad idea i will tink about it, after all i wont need them when am dead
Re: Would You Donate Your Vital Organs? by rikkyjen(m): 4:17pm On Apr 15, 2007
Omo Eko:

Never in this lifetime or any other life after this will i ever donate my organs, because when i came into this world God gave me a complete organs and when i die am talking my complete organ with me. God forbid bad thing even my mum will kill me if i do that lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Didn't this our same GOD instructed us to help others in time of despair and need? Do you know that singular action of you donating ur organs (after death) can open the doors of heaven for you irrespective of any sins you might have commited?

Abi we dey worship different God? This aint no excuse at all!. I can only buy dat "my momma will kill me" line, cos most parents wont really allow  their wards to donate  smiley wink

1 Like

Re: Would You Donate Your Vital Organs? by OmoEko1(f): 4:23pm On Apr 15, 2007
rikkyjen:

Didn't this our same GOD instructed us to help others in time of despair and need? Do you know that singular action of you donating your organs (after death) can open the doors of heaven for you irrespective of any sins you might have commited?Abi we dey worship different God? This aint no excuse at all!.

U really do make sense there grin grin but then again we weren't born with a missing organ so while go backtp heaven with no orgnas in the body undecided undecided

I can only buy that "my momma will kill me" line, because most parents wont really allow their wards to donate smiley wink
yeap cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Would You Donate Your Vital Organs? by studdys(f): 4:26pm On Apr 15, 2007
I sure am not parting with any of my VITAL ORGANS grin
Re: Would You Donate Your Vital Organs? by moondust(m): 10:27am On Apr 16, 2007
Man, they can have my damn testicles as well if it'll save someone else's life, wy take them 2 the grave to rot away?
Re: Would You Donate Your Vital Organs? by akara(m): 10:52am On Apr 16, 2007
cheesy

I have carried a donor card since 1988. But only to be used in the event of death.
In death it would be nice to know that parts of me remain alive.

cheesy
Re: Would You Donate Your Vital Organs? by akara(m): 10:55am On Apr 16, 2007
grin

but its not wise to carry one in Nigeria, Nepa might react and the part goes to waste. Or some f%&§ked up person might sell it for rituals.

grin
Re: Would You Donate Your Vital Organs? by saintchux(m): 12:06pm On Apr 16, 2007
hmmmm, great!
Re: Would You Donate Your Vital Organs? by nferyn(m): 12:45pm On Apr 16, 2007
In Belgium, everybody who doesn't explicitly state that he/she doesn't want to be a donor, is considered a donor. Unfortunately, the medical establishment still asks the family whether or not they agree to give up the organs for donation. You can imagine that, in their moment of grief, the family will in many cases be very reluctant to part with the organs of the deceased.
For that reason, I made an explicit statement in the Belgian state register (we do carry id cards over here) that nobody can trump my decision to donate my organs. If you know people with e.g. kidney problems or liver problems, you'd be glad to give up the organs once you're dead, not doing so is either ignorant or extremely selfish
Re: Would You Donate Your Vital Organs? by One: 12:51pm On Apr 16, 2007
What else is there to worry about when am dead and gone. The best I could do is to put death to some use by donating my organs to save someone. Yes. I'll donate my organs if I have to.
Re: Would You Donate Your Vital Organs? by freelance(m): 2:29pm On Apr 16, 2007
Sure, would love to donate my vital organs to save a life. if its necessary while am even still alive, would gladly donate it. God wud repay u in ways u can't explain. It's gud to donate!!!

Kind regards,
Re: Would You Donate Your Vital Organs? by ronnieslimz(f): 3:50pm On Apr 16, 2007
4real i can't!!!!
Re: Would You Donate Your Vital Organs? by English1(f): 4:07pm On Apr 16, 2007
I hope that everyone who says they wouldn't donate organs refuses a transplant themselves if they ever need one. Or their child. Or their parents. Or their spouse. Let them die instead of being saved.

If you refuse to give, you shouldn't take either!

1 Like

Re: Would You Donate Your Vital Organs? by Tornadoz(m): 5:15pm On Apr 16, 2007
@English1
Chei chei chei, you beat me to it. Thats what I was going to say. If you don't give, don't take.
Re: Would You Donate Your Vital Organs? by arikky(f): 5:26pm On Apr 16, 2007
its a good thing to donate organs its 4 a beta course but there are few things u can donate while still alive u know
1. ova yeah the female eggs
2. sperm
think about it
Re: Would You Donate Your Vital Organs? by Seun(m): 5:40pm On Apr 16, 2007
2. sperm
Well, there are lots of generous men out there who are willing to donate sperm in the privacy of their bedrooms. wink
Re: Would You Donate Your Vital Organs? by ronnieslimz(f): 5:57pm On Apr 16, 2007
English1:

I hope that everyone who says they wouldn't donate organs refuses a transplant themselves if they ever need one. Or their child. Or their parents. Or their spouse. Let them die instead of being saved.

If you refuse to give, you shouldn't take either!
see i know its a nice thing to be a donor and there's nothing bad in it. . so me saying i can't do it is a personal thing, i've got my reasons!! so u don't just give justice like that

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Maltreatment Of Nigerians By The Medical Profession / Osun Discharges 4 COVID-19 Patients, Records 1 New Case / A Political Cartoon I Saw On Social Media. They Are Not Even Hiding It (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.