Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,783 members, 7,813,589 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates (21124 Views)

IPPIS: ASUU Says FG Can’t Frighten Them With Salary Stoppage / IPPIS: ASUU Says Buhari Is Becoming Dictatorial / ASUU Says The Strike Will Be Called Off Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by minwafor: 9:02am On Dec 08, 2018
Erstwhile governor of Osun State, Chief Bisi Akande, has condemned the ongoing strike embarked upon by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU).

According to him, the incessant industrial action by the members of the union had been largely responsible for poor quality graduates, whom, he lamented, are vagabonds and unemployable.

Akande added that the lecturers who embark on industrial action were the cause of the unemployment situation in the country “because they produce unemployable graduates.”

The former interim National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) stated this at the weekend at Oke-Ila Orangun, Osun State, when he commissioned a one storey five- classroom block donated to Abolarin College, Oke-Ila Orangun, for the less privileged children.

Akande lamented that the lecturers’ demands that eventuated in the strike was not genuine, noting: “They are destroying us.”

He lamented that the strike was a shame on the part of the ASUU and Nigeria too.

He noted that it was only in Nigeria that workers would go on strike and come back to earn salary.

“ASUU strike cannot happen in a civilised community. It’s only in a decadent country like Nigeria that people go on strike and come back to earn the salary. It’s shameful of ASUU and it’s shameful of Nigeria,” Akande said.

On whether he would call on the Federal Government to meet the lecturers’ demand with a view to calling off the strike, Akande said:

“I’m not calling on anybody to do anything if they are not ashamed that they are producing vagabonds for us.

I’m not a member of the Federal Government.”

“People go to the university and come back with half baked education. They are teachers of vagabonds and that is the truth. That is why Nigeria is becoming worse.”

While also commenting on the unemployment situation in the country, he said: “They caused the unemployment. Going on strike six months out of one year, makes them produce unemployable graduates. They are destroying us.”

“Their demands are never genuine. It’s because government employed them. That is why they are doing that. Why can’t they come together and found a university?”

Akande, however, commended the monarch of Oke-Ila Orangun, Oba Adedeokun Abolarin, the founder of the Abolarin College, for establishing the school for the children of the less privileged.

“The kabiyesi is building a legacy of greatness. He working for a noble cause. I pray that ASUU will not destroy the ambition of Kabiyesi in the future,” Akande said.

Abolarin College was founded in 2013 by the monarch where students from different ethnic backgrounds in Yoruba lands are being offered free education.

The monarch told Saturday Sun that his decision to found the school was to give equal opportunities to the indigent children for education with a view to raising future leaders for the country.

“It’s a divine calling and a mandate for me to do it. I owe this generation the mandate to do this. We want to democratise education. That is why we bring children from different tribes of this country to benefit from it.”

Written by Omotayo Edubi for The Sun newspaper

https://varsityshare.com.ng/forum/comment/404/find/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 08, 2018
He is the number one vagabond.

88 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by Yuceeluv(f): 9:16am On Dec 08, 2018
Including your children Sir... How are the innocent children who enrolled in your worthless universities for the hope of the betterment of themselves and the world they live in to blame?... Face the officials and don't demean the students.

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 08, 2018
For me, instead of ASUU going on incessant strikes; they should make their demands once and for all, get what they want and keep the system running. Even some of their members claim they're mostly selfish with their demands, not putting the poor students into consideration.

As for Akande, he's right on one thing. There are a lot of unemployable graduates out there. If you're pained, then you know you're one. The lady I worked for last month is a graduate, but I'd choose a JAMBITE over her 'cause she can't hold a conversation other than hiding under the "prestigious" university she attended. If I were an employer, she's definitely unemployable.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 08, 2018
This man may just be right. ASUU strike is causing more damage to the system against its intended course. As educated as its members are, they still haven't realized this.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 08, 2018
Rextizzle:
I have money but I can never settle for a classless, shapeless and hungry girl like you. tongue
Young man go and make money, stop lying, you have no money. Who wants you anyway? I don't even want you, I can't stoop so low.

8 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by simplemach(m): 4:10pm On Dec 08, 2018
fada Lawd

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by olafum1(m): 4:10pm On Dec 08, 2018
Only APC can produce someone as stupid as this man..

12 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 08, 2018
B
Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by ibietela2(m): 4:10pm On Dec 08, 2018
If you vagabonds were doing your jobs properly they won't produce vagabonds like you.

Animal

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by deepwater(f): 4:11pm On Dec 08, 2018
An insult to the youths.

Yet they still applaud these same politicians

Very good if you sir

No be your fault.

No youths wey dey help Una rig elections

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by bluecircle470: 4:11pm On Dec 08, 2018
Colourich:

For him saying the truth?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by supereagle(m): 4:12pm On Dec 08, 2018
PMB has a listening ear if not, he would have sidelined them , OBJ/ Atiku ignored them and set up their own Universities.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by Triangles1(m): 4:12pm On Dec 08, 2018
Partially right because the strike cause havoc to some student.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by Jokkarm2: 4:12pm On Dec 08, 2018
This is the most useless statement i have ever heard.

1 Like

Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by sureheaven(m): 4:13pm On Dec 08, 2018
Bisi akande mit be right and correct on this .

Only educated illiterate and a vagabond graduate believe in most of the news circulating everywhere in Nigeria

Most Nigerian graduate and come back worst

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by melanch(m): 4:13pm On Dec 08, 2018
Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by 46O1CE: 4:14pm On Dec 08, 2018
Colourich:
Shut up
Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by koffsman(m): 4:14pm On Dec 08, 2018
We keep blaming ASUU can saraki and his cohorts reduce there take home aside from loading extra money on contracts and all let me make something clear we are only allowed to know what they want us to know I work with the local govt and I know what's up don't blame ASUU why do u think lectures sell hand outs it's to make extra money our schools are in a bad state education system is a big failure we wud now blame students that dey are on serious ow many of Akande children schooled in naija abeg to me he is sayn nonsense both him and Hus entire family and generation are the vagabond

3 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by stchinedu: 4:15pm On Dec 08, 2018
Toooor, oya graduates, over to you....

Is it true that you guys are vagabonds?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by Yankee101: 4:15pm On Dec 08, 2018
APC is going home in a few months and. ASUU will help ensure that.

Vex all you want

It's over

3 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 08, 2018
46O1CE:
Shut up
Don't tell me shut up, you shut up, no wonder you love Buhari.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by israelmao(m): 4:18pm On Dec 08, 2018
Those that owe their lecturers allowances and provide no facilities for students and lecturers are more of vagabond than them.

6 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by BIZZWEALTH: 4:18pm On Dec 08, 2018
Planning on having a Guest from the UK or US this Christmas? make them feel at home! visit mercurydirect.com.ng for the best Inverters, Batteries and Solar. Call us 07037451701.
Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 08, 2018
When will you youths have sense and chase all these bastards out of government? The insults are getting too much.

5 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by Protein0: 4:21pm On Dec 08, 2018
Does he expect the lecturers to produce excellent graduates with poor facilities?

100L lectures in any govt tertiary institution, especially universities, say it all.

8 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by NairaMaster1(m): 4:22pm On Dec 08, 2018
We are vagabond because we still vote APC your party.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2 Katsina Universities Dragged To Court For Banning Christian Fellowships / Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating / JAMB 2017: My Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.