Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,774 members, 7,831,491 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates (21135 Views)

IPPIS: ASUU Says FG Can’t Frighten Them With Salary Stoppage / IPPIS: ASUU Says Buhari Is Becoming Dictatorial / ASUU Says The Strike Will Be Called Off Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by higgs: 7:49pm On Dec 08, 2018
Bisi Akande is completely wrong.I am not supporting ASUU and their incessant strikes but we all know that high unemployment in Nigeria is because the economy is not producing enough jobs.We import everything we consume and the manufacturing sector is still very small.Mr Akande is obviously typical of the old generation;people who ruined this country but have made it a hobby to diss the younger ones.

1 Like

Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by mechanics(m): 7:54pm On Dec 08, 2018
When civil servants went on strike, he didn't complain, why did he not tell them to build a ministry on their own, he's saying nonsense, private sectors go on strike, hospitals go on strike, so what is he saying, strike is a tool to force govt to do what they are meant to do.

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by gudugudumeje: 8:04pm On Dec 08, 2018
Ain't vagabonds that produce vagabonds as ASUU members do? Akande too leads quislings ad vagabonds in APC in Osun ad some states...

1 Like

Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by slimtes: 8:14pm On Dec 08, 2018
I'm disappointed in this man call Chief Bisi Akande. Here are my reasons. Not insult pls.
Ths man benefited from free education program run by chief Awolowo and they are all building private schools that a common man children cannever afford and he his blaming ASUU for poor education systems and welfare package for thr staffs.
His track records shows he was a deputy governor before he become a governor. Pls ask him? What school did he send his children to from primary schl to higher institutions and what schools did he attend as well. Ths man need to go to public schools and see d rotten structures and learning materials available for learning and he his busy calling us vagabond and unemployable?
Teaching is a noble profession but u can't expect an hungry/angry lecturers (ASUU) to keep quiet when inec/national assembly budget is more than education budget in a year.
Its high time d students Union standup and join d ASUU protest before d FG shift d education burden on d students cos d state government are already doing that by increasing tuition fees to fund d schl. Education need massive funding, in short our education should be declared state of emergency!!!! And
Ths man shud go and sit down pls.

1 Like

Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 08, 2018
Hahaha, obviously he is a product of a Nigerian University. People use words without their senses. Calling other people’s children Vagabonds. If only the youths who cheer these guys know how they see them. Until politicians and government official are made compulsory to patronize the services of the Nigerian government itself, things won’t change

1 Like

Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by OlujobaSamuel: 8:54pm On Dec 08, 2018
slimtes:
I'm disappointed in this man call Chief Bisi Akande. Here are my reasons. Not insult pls.
Ths man benefited from free education program run by chief Awolowo and they are all building private schools that a common man children cannever afford and he his blaming ASUU for poor education systems and welfare package for thr staffs.
His track records shows he was a deputy governor before he become a governor. Pls ask him? What school did he send his children to from primary schl to higher institutions and what schools did he attend as well. Ths man need to go to public schools and see d rotten structures and learning materials available for learning and he his busy calling us vagabond and unemployable?
Teaching is a noble profession but u can't expect an hungry/angry lecturers (ASUU) to keep quiet when inec/national assembly budget is more than education budget in a year.
Its high time d students Union standup and join d ASUU protest before d FG shift d education burden on d students cos d state government are already doing that by increasing tuition fees to fund d schl. Education need massive funding, in short our education should be declared state of emergency!!!! And
Ths man shud go and sit down pls.

Hmmmmmmm, I don't know where his children schooled.
Back to the issue of education standard during his time.
It wasn't that bad, one of the best in the nation if not the best.
I attended publicbboarding school in Osun, Í did my common entrance in Osun laison office in Lagos and we were treated well from beginning to the end (breakfast and lunch) for all candidates at the centre.
The school I was admitted to had one of the best teachers and it was free tuition. I paid about 6k, can't remember the exact as other fee which caters for house wears, hostel, feeding and some other little cost, the fee increase when Oyinlola came in and most of the teachers left due to one reason or the other, the academic standard dropped significantly, and when Aregbe came, he destroy the academic system and started building houses in the name of schools without quality organisational structure.
I have a classmate that all family members attended public boarding schools in Osun state then.
Ask anyone about Osun State Unity schools in the early 90s to early millennium.
Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by RomeoEmpire(m): 11:00pm On Dec 08, 2018
Yuceeluv:
Including your children Sir... How are the innocent children who enrolled in your worthless universities for the hope of the betterment of themselves and the world they live in to blame?... Face the officials and don't demean the students.
Lol!! Love u babe.

1 Like

Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by Yuceeluv(f): 11:11pm On Dec 08, 2018
Lol...the man vex me jare.

RomeoEmpire:
Lol!! Love u babe.

1 Like

Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by RomeoEmpire(m): 11:18pm On Dec 08, 2018
Yuceeluv:
Lol...the man vex me jare.
Its annoying my dear. Abeg where do u base?
Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by jaxxy(m): 11:49pm On Dec 08, 2018
sureheaven:
Bisi akande mit be right and correct on this .

Only educated illiterate and a vagabond graduate believe in most of the news circulating everywhere in Nigeria

Most Nigerian graduate and come back worst

Many of them who skoled abroad and came back what have they done majorly and how have they impacted the country?

Those of them who skoled abroad and in politics what have they achieved or done for the country? Davido who went to babcock gave them a run for their money in osun.

The educational system is bad bt not that bad to utter such a ridiculous and stupid statement. The problem with our graduates is continuity of life and education often skol Bt we have a politically and governmentally failed system(created by these same abroad graduates of old)that is incapable of creating the right tools or environment for these current graduates.

1 Like

Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by Bianda24: 7:16am On Dec 09, 2018
I see a man that has lost relevance in the scheme of things. When I read people's comments that he is saying the truth, I wonder what truth is in what Baba Akande said. Baba is one of the people that put us where we are today. Vagabond or globe trotter you are one of the cause. What did you do as the governor of Osun State?

I want to use this medium to call on ASUU to rescind on their decision to continue on the inglorious strike while championing their cause. I know that lecturers are not well paid, but for the sake of our children, plz call the strike off. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 09, 2018
sureheaven:
Bisi akande mit be right and correct on this .

Only educated illiterate and a vagabond graduate believe in most of the news circulating everywhere in Nigeria

Most Nigerian graduate and come back worst
"worse"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is 2017 The Worst Jamb Registration Year???... / UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic / Top 20 Best Polytechnics In Nigeria 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.