Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,228 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? (20773 Views)

How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? / How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? / How Can I Stop My Ex From Visiting My Matrimonial Home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by femi4: 2:32pm On Dec 08, 2018
OperaMini1:
Good day people.

IMy kids aged 8.5, and 6 years respectively, fight each other at the least provocation. They fight over who lies down where, who sits where in the car, who uses the toothpaste first, etc.

I came home yesterday and the elder (girl) had a bodily harm inflicted on her by the brother, and which is the second time she's getting a mark from him. As I write this now, they've been both grounded, since that yesterday, no watching of TV, no computer games, just sleep and wake up, eat and sleep again.

I'm not sure how long we'd do this, that's why I'm seeking suggestions on how to stop the fighting madness entirely, thanks.
give them task where they have to work together to complete it

Let them be involve in team sports

Don't compare them

Don't be bias in your judgment

Praise them when necessary

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by Sisijetue(f): 2:32pm On Dec 08, 2018
Probably your son wants to be a boxer when he grows up....his future is bright grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by kobabe(m): 2:32pm On Dec 08, 2018
Prayers
Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by LegitHustler: 2:32pm On Dec 08, 2018
Join the fight
Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by jomoh: 2:32pm On Dec 08, 2018
Hmmm
Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by fishmillan: 2:33pm On Dec 08, 2018
Barracks , carry them there
Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by Lionhearted: 2:33pm On Dec 08, 2018
They will be okay.

Instill discipline. Let them know there is something called seniority and being right and wrong.

Whenever they fight, ask from both of them what happened and discipline the erring one letting him or her know what she/he did wrong.

Growing up, our home was a battle ground throughout, and we love each other today. 5 boys.
Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 08, 2018
jeff1607:
reason a father should play his role
You mean fathers like Wiz kid and Tuface abi.
Or
The fathers that rape their daughters
Or
The fathers that use their wives for rituals, hmmm

Jump and pass.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by Biingoo: 2:33pm On Dec 08, 2018
My dear it's nothing to be worried about. I and my elder sis was like that at our infant stage. Now we love each other like mad. If you want die before your time, just disrespect my sis in my presence.. That's how much I love her

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by Danhumprey: 2:33pm On Dec 08, 2018
dollytino4real:
let them play their own role eldest then second follow by lastborn
Hian! What are you even saying? undecided
Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by kunleweb: 2:33pm On Dec 08, 2018
Philpham:

As you are quick in condemning others about bad parenting, tell us how old you are. Monkey

Its what it is Sir. If good parenting was dine we big won't be here. Have a good day Sir. Also,I've list count on kids I've trained and mentored. I have one in final year now in.university
Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by marvin906(m): 2:34pm On Dec 08, 2018
this just made me remember me and my siblings four of us where cat and dogs always at each other's throat and being the senior didn't make it easy we actually grew out of it somehow only now me my lil sister and the last born are fighting the third born Don't judge he deserves what ever he's getting but if you want to see a United pack touch the only girl in the family

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by mobdeep(m): 2:34pm On Dec 08, 2018
OperaMini1:
Good day people.

IMy kids aged 8.5, and 6 years respectively, fight each other at the least provocation. They fight over who lies down where, who sits where in the car, who uses the toothpaste first, etc.

I came home yesterday and the elder (girl) had a bodily harm inflicted on her by the brother, and which is the second time she's getting a mark from him. As I write this now, they've been both grounded, since that yesterday, no watching of TV, no computer games, just sleep and wake up, eat and sleep again.

I'm not sure how long we'd do this, that's why I'm seeking suggestions on how to stop the fighting madness entirely, thanks.
Talk to them.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by Biingoo: 2:34pm On Dec 08, 2018
Philpham:
You mean fathers like Wiz kid and Tuface abi. Or The fathers that rape their daughters Or The fathers that use their wives for rituals, hmmm
Jump and pass.
smh
Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 08, 2018
kunleweb:

Its what it is Sir. If good parenting was dine we big won't be here. Have a good day Sir

Stop calling me Sir am not your mate.
Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 08, 2018
Mmadu111:
Use good Cain to correct them, especially the younger one, he should learn to have some respect.
Rather than using cane, why not instill the values of teamwork and togetherness. Rivalry between siblings is often triggered by feeling of competition, esp if there is an element of favouritism from either parent. Get them to work together rather than make one feel superior
Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by jeff1607(m): 2:35pm On Dec 08, 2018
Philpham:
You mean fathers like Wiz kid and Tuface abi. Or The fathers that rape their daughters Or The fathers that use their wives for rituals, hmmm
Jump and pass.
haba Bros!
Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by Ubdavis(m): 2:35pm On Dec 08, 2018
I hope they are not towing after u. May be they us to see u making thier mama a punching bag abi thier mama making u a punching bag. Na joke o
Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by jeff1607(m): 2:35pm On Dec 08, 2018
wittyt98:

yels?
Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by pocohantas(f): 2:35pm On Dec 08, 2018
When a girl is older than a boy; this is a normal occurrence. The boy will find it difficult to respect the sister, the male ego starts from childhood. The girl on her path would wanna enforce her seniority, the result is the fight you see.

You just have to caution them. With time, he will outgrow it and become very protective of his sister...then you will wonder why lots of guys do not treat ladies as they treat their sisters.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 08, 2018
kunleweb:

Its what it is Sir. If good parenting was dine we big won't be here. Have a good day Sir. Also,I've list count on kids I've trained and mentored. I have one in final year now in.university
exactly. Bad parenting. The action of the parents has indirectly instilled a competitive be spirit in the kids. They see each other as rivals rather than siblings

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by YoungLionken(m): 2:36pm On Dec 08, 2018
Hunger neva catch dem. Dem dey chop belleful, y dem nor go misbehave. Dem don go farm b4

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by Banter1(m): 2:36pm On Dec 08, 2018
Lmao

Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by kunleweb: 2:36pm On Dec 08, 2018
Philpham:

Stop calling me Sir am not your mate.

Trust me you're a boy. My first house girl is married with two kids. She cane into my family 5 years old. She's over 23 now. Have a nice day boy

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by dollytino4real(f): 2:36pm On Dec 08, 2018
Danhumprey:
Hian! What are you even saying? undecided
let their be set as the head to do the assistance
Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by wisdomkid: 2:37pm On Dec 08, 2018
HavocGirlMile99:
undecided

Op they are kids and its normal for them to fight.

I remembered growing up, me and my elder brother always fought.

Not once, not twice but everyday.

My dad always tied us up in a bench and give us 24lashes.

But I'm all grown up, I can't even shout at him anymore.

It's called maturity.

So, don't worry, they'll over grow it.

Yours may be different. These ones seems to inflict injuries on themselves.
My sister, threaten to can them or send them to the village.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by Vtrd: 2:37pm On Dec 08, 2018
It is often like that especially between boys and girls who are direct siblings with the girl being older.

They will fight to finish. The girl will want to enforce seniority, while the boy will refuse her authority.

You need to flog the boy more, and put the fear of his sister into him, because nothing else will.

The sister will not be able to control him on her own.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by misano(m): 2:38pm On Dec 08, 2018
HavocGirlMile99:
undecided

Op they are kids and its normal for them to fight.

I remembered growing up, me and my elder brother always fought.

Not once, not twice but everyday.

My dad always tied us up in a bench and give us 24lashes.

But I'm all grown up, I can't even shout at him anymore.

It's called maturity.

So, don't worry, they'll over grow it.

It's not normal. We are six in our family & we never fought to put injuries on each others body. That's bad parenting & unnecessary rivalry.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by Guyman02: 2:38pm On Dec 08, 2018
Spare the rod and spoil the child is a biblical saying. Instil fear with a good koboko on the young one for disrespecting the elder. I like my Yoruba in-laws for that, they don't negotiate respect in the family, them go run pepper for your yansh grin you call it child abuse as a modern woman but see the damage they are doing to themselves

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by kunleweb: 2:39pm On Dec 08, 2018
HaileSelassie:
exactly. Bad parenting. The action of the parents has indirectly instilled a competitive be spirit in the kids. They see each other as rivals rather than siblings

You've been there. I can ytell. People dont know being present doesn't imply being proactive . many parents are present but absent. If they dont switch off their cable station they'll continue leaving their responsibilities to the TV to do the training then suffer the lack of responsible parenting

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by neonly: 2:41pm On Dec 08, 2018
Samirana360:
hand them over to fSARS

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by Mankosi: 2:41pm On Dec 08, 2018
U have a work to do. If they grow up like that there may be hatred among them. That's why in some families siblings don't talk to each other because of lack of brotherly and sisterly love from childhood.
It's now that they are small they need to build that love and then grow up with it...
Look out for the one that always look for trouble and find out the type of friends he or she keep in school or in ur neighbourhood.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. / Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? / Why Do some Men Beat Their Wives?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.