Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,207 members, 7,839,110 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

"Newspapers Fuel "Racism" - Raheem Sterling Reacts - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "Newspapers Fuel "Racism" - Raheem Sterling Reacts (259 Views)

Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" / Raheem Sterling Apologises After Bizarre UCL Penalty (Photos) / Raheem Sterling’s Car Collection (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"Newspapers Fuel "Racism" - Raheem Sterling Reacts by Gisthoodng(m): 12:28pm On Dec 09, 2018
Manchester City forward Raheem Sterling has accused newspapers of fueling "Racism" after he was abused in the 2-0 to Chelsea.

MySportDab report Chelsea and Metropolitan police have launched an investigation after a video posted only showed how a fan abused Sterling.

In a post on Instagram, England international Sterling cites newspaper headlines about team-mates Tosin Adarabioyo and Phil Foden buying houses.

The headline referring to 21-year-old defender Adarabioyo - who is on loan at West Brom - focuses on how he spent £2.25m on a property "despite having never started a Premier League match".

By contrast, midfielder Foden, 18, "buys a £2m home for his mum" and is later described as having "set up a future".

Sterling wrote: "Good morning I just want to say, I am notnormally the person to talk a lot but when I think I need my point to heard I will speak up.

"Regarding what was said at the Chelseagame as you can see by my reaction I just had to laugh because I don't expect no better.

“You have two young players starting out there careers both play for the same team, both have done the right thing.

"Which is buy a new house for there mothers who have put in a lot of time and love into helping them get where they are, but look how the newspapers get there message across for the young black player and the young white player.

"I think this i[s] unacceptable both innocent have not done a thing wrong but just by the way it has been worded.

"The young black kid is looked at in a bad light. Which helps fuel racism an[d] aggressive behaviour, so for all the newspapers that don’t understand why people are racist in this day and age all I have to say is have a second though about fair publicity an[d] give all players an equal chance.”

See more;https://www.mysportdab.com/2018/12/fuel-racism-raheem-sterling-reacts.html

cc Lalasticlala Seun

(1) (Reply)

150% Sure Game And Odds Fo This Weekend.pls Do Well To Call 09073103693 / Girlfriend Dumps Maradona, Kicks Him Out Of Home / Football Lovers React To Mourinho’s Sack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.