Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,951 members, 7,810,634 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" (17232 Views)

Raheem Sterling Apologises After Bizarre UCL Penalty (Photos) / Raheem Sterling’s Car Collection (Photos) / Nigeria Vs England Will Be Physical, Raheem Sterling Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" by Georgry(m): 12:56pm On Dec 09, 2018
Raheem Sterling used social media to criticise the coverage that black players receive in the media after he was berated by Chelsea supporters in Manchester City's 2-0 defeat at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

Chelsea and the Metropolitan Police launched an investigation in order to establish whether Sterling was racially abused in the incident, with the club vowing to take the "strongest possible action where necessary".

The England international posted a message on Instagram along with pictures of newspaper articles regarding Manchester City team-mates Tosin Adarabioyo - who is on a season-long loan at Championship club West Brom - and Phil Foden, pointing to the different way in which the media covered the duo choosing to buy houses for their parents.

"I am not normally the person to talk a lot but when I think I need my point to [be] heard I will speak up," Sterling wrote."

Regarding what was said at the Chelsea game, as you can see by my reaction I just had to laugh because I don't expect no better.

"For example you have two young players starting out their careers. Both play for the same team, both have done the right thing which is buy a new house for their mothers who have put in a lot of time and love into helping them get where they are.

"But look how the newspapers get their message across for the young black player and then for the young white player.

I think this is unacceptable, both innocent, have not done a thing wrong but just by the way it has been worded.

"This young black kid is looked at in a bad light. Which helps fuel racism and aggressive behaviour, so for all the newspapers that don't understand why people are racist in this day and age all I have to say is have a second thought about fair publicity and give all players an equal chance."

https://www.foxsportsasia.com/football/premier-league/994412/sterling-hits-out-at-media-coverage-of-black-players/amp/

15 Likes

Re: Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" by Tenn88: 1:08pm On Dec 09, 2018
You right, Sterlin

95 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" by SEGLIZ: 1:28pm On Dec 09, 2018
.......... God keep blessing this young man. invariably you can't quench a fire of which you are the fuel that gives it energy. wisdom.

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" by Olujoe1(m): 1:44pm On Dec 09, 2018
Indifference.... Embittered people with low self esteem, always struggling to fight what God made perfectly, invariably black are strong and they would one day rule the world. Africans one day would retain the world power.

38 Likes

Re: Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" by Mcowubaba: 1:45pm On Dec 09, 2018
Oyibo people and racism.
Like cake and icing grin grin

What's funny is that both the English national team and Chelsea has a lot of black players, Kante even scored yesterday.

Who will expect anything less from Chelsea fans, even in Nigeria, they are urchins of the society.
Every loud tout, gambler, aro bagger and bandit is a Chelsea supporter angry cheesy grin angry
Causing noise and shouting like uneducated fools every where grin cheesy with their dirty worn out slippers and Micheal Essien jersey

Always ready to fight and attack someone who disagrees with them. cheesy

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" by Scatterscatter(m): 1:45pm On Dec 09, 2018
For those who think white guys care about the blacks are only deceiving themselves.

Blacks are like sh*t to them and they have never and will never genuinely care about your existence... Ask Trump!

They only need blacks to test new drugs and carry out inhumane tasks.

Blacks remain a monkey to them regardless of their
position.... Ask Eto'o

Gadaffi tried to explain to us and make us forge our own cause but no, the whites used fellow blacks to kill their own.

"emancipate yourself from mental slavery, non but ourselves can free our mind"

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:46pm On Dec 09, 2018
grin
Daily mail once one of the most popular newspapers, now officially a tabloid.

Better known in the UK as DAILY FAIL.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" by momodub: 1:46pm On Dec 09, 2018
So disgusting

4 Likes

Re: Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" by Orestino(m): 1:46pm On Dec 09, 2018
say NO to racism

3 Likes

Re: Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 09, 2018
When you're Blessed, you worry less

2 Likes

Re: Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" by naijacentric(m): 1:47pm On Dec 09, 2018
Sterling you have sense the media is controlled by you know who.......until africans unite racism wont stop

12 Likes

Re: Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" by Lavoca: 1:47pm On Dec 09, 2018
I just finished reading this on BBC Sport website. it is a pity that the English Press is the fuelling factor for racism and discrimination.

Meanwhile, I was also very happy that England were knocked out in the Semis by Croatia

14 Likes

Re: Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" by Pidginwhisper: 1:48pm On Dec 09, 2018
grin
Re: Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" by grandstar(m): 1:48pm On Dec 09, 2018
The newspaper is nasty.

They don't understand the Nigerian love of their parents and the way they show appreciation.

15 Likes

Re: Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" by Heywhizzy(m): 1:48pm On Dec 09, 2018
I'm impressed by Sterling, it takes intelligence to note this.. The media has always been the one fuelling racism from time immemorial

32 Likes

Re: Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" by Dman00(m): 1:49pm On Dec 09, 2018
sterling is spot on. Those media aid racism especially british media. So no to racism

23 Likes

Re: Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 09, 2018
He is right. My question is why would the skin clour of a human being automatically trigger a bias in the subconscious of another human being. undecided . I think racism ,tribalism and what have you, should all be classified as mental disorders.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" by Pidginwhisper: 1:50pm On Dec 09, 2018
Mcowubaba:
Oyibo people and racism.

What's funny is that both the English national team has a lot of black players, same with Chelsea.

Who will expect anything less from Chelsea fans, even in Nigeria, the are the urchins of the society.
Every loud tout, gambler and bandit is a Chelsea supporter angry cheesy grin angry

4 Likes

Re: Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" by toffyz(m): 1:51pm On Dec 09, 2018
He has a point...good observation!

6 Likes

Re: Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" by oladele97: 1:52pm On Dec 09, 2018
That’s remind me of commentary of Nigeria vs Argentina in Brazil 2014 World Cup. Ahmad Musa scores 2 goals, Argentine defense was wooful, Messi score 2 goals what a great talent

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" by KingThreatzz: 1:52pm On Dec 09, 2018
This is one of the most matured statements I have ever heard

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" by LamidicownuBSS: 1:53pm On Dec 09, 2018
Oyobos sees Africans as monkey from day one even day two and three

5 Likes

Re: Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" by Delivar(m): 1:53pm On Dec 09, 2018
Blacks want to abandon their homeland and run to somewhere else already developed. They have refused to develop their own region but want to be with treated with respect in foreign lands.

9 Likes

Re: Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" by Zuorom: 1:54pm On Dec 09, 2018
Sterling is spot on

8 Likes

Re: Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" by uriris: 1:55pm On Dec 09, 2018
Daily mail is a shite media outlet before na. Together with sun.

7 Likes

Re: Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" by SmartMindsFx: 1:55pm On Dec 09, 2018
If you come my house, na wetin I like I fit do you.
If you no like am, comot for my house na.

Let's develop our leagues too so that these guys won't keep getting insults from those uncooked guys.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" by keryj(f): 1:56pm On Dec 09, 2018
Mcowubaba:
Oyibo people and racism.

What's funny is that both the English national team and Chelsea has a lot of black players, Kante even scored yesterday.

Who will expect anything less from Chelsea fans, even in Nigeria, the are the urchins of the society.
Every loud tout, gambler, aro bagger and bandit is a Chelsea supporter angry cheesy grin angry
Causing noise and shouting like educated fools every where grin cheesy
Always ready to fight and attack someone who disagrees with them. cheesy

Tunubu is a Chelsea fan, does all this characteristics also qualify him cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" by Mcowubaba: 1:57pm On Dec 09, 2018
keryj:

Tunubu is a Chelsea fan, does all this characteristics also qualify him cheesy
Haa, you talking about the drug dealer and godfather of touts like MC Oluomo and all agberos in mainland

8 Likes

Re: Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" by melanch(m): 1:58pm On Dec 09, 2018
Re: Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" by chiedozie198100: 1:58pm On Dec 09, 2018
frenzyduchess:
He is right. My question is why would the skin clour of a human being automatically trigger a bias in the subconscious of another human being. undecided . I think racism ,tribalism and what have you, should all be classified as mental disorders.

it actually is.

1 Like

Re: Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" by Cityfirstborn(m): 2:01pm On Dec 09, 2018
Sometimes I wonder why the media and fans berates sterling so much. since he left Liverpool for man city, they have always been attacking from one end to the other. Thank God he has a huge mental strength even at a young age. yesterday event he was just smiling at them at the corner flag while they poured out their hate. sterling is one of the best in the Epl, even better than the penalty Kane yet he get singled out by the media for any small thing

12 Likes

Re: Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" by cybertron88: 2:01pm On Dec 09, 2018
Daily mail is a very useless tabloid na.with thier biased Liverpool laden reporters u need to see the way they are always bashing Mourinho just to get him sacked.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Today Is Asisat Oshoala's 28th Birthday / Iwobi Scores And Assists As Everton Hammer Fleetwood Town In Carabao Cup / African Athletes Stranded In Lagos Airport Ahead Of Competition In Asaba. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.