Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

‘Your Dreadlocks Are Irresponsible’ - CBN Governor Tells Mr Eazi - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘Your Dreadlocks Are Irresponsible’ - CBN Governor Tells Mr Eazi (7440 Views)

I Introduced You Both, Find My Own, DJ Cuppy Tells Mr Eazi, Temi After Engagemen / Burnaboy Calls Nigerians On Twitter Jobless And Irresponsible / Eko Hotel Beating Loading - Soso Soberekon Tells Mr 2kay For Slamming MC Galaxy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘Your Dreadlocks Are Irresponsible’ - CBN Governor Tells Mr Eazi by enunlewa: 6:54am On Dec 11, 2018
CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele allegedly told famous singing sensation Mr Eazi that his dreadlocks are irresponsible

According to reports, the duo met at the 2018 Bankers Committee Retreat, and the Governor who had no prior knowledge of whom Eazi really is had the first impression that he is irresponsible simply because of the hairstyle

This came to the media after Mr Eazi disclosed that he was invited to the event by the CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele and CEO of Deposit Money Banks in Nigeria.

An excited Mr Eazi took to his social media page and wrote;

Today, alongside my mentor @chikanwobi i Sat on a panel at the 2018 Bankers Committee Retreat talking “De-Risking the creative & Service Industries” on invitation of the Governor of the Central Bank Of Nigeria & CEO’s of the Deposit Money Banks in Nigeria! So glad to see the Nigerian banking industry commit towards the future of Nigerian Creatives! Super Excited #LifeisEazi

However the incident did not end as Eazi had claimed as a Twitter user who was also in attendance, disclosed that CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele allegedly told Mr Eazi that his dreadlocks is irresponsible, And it was gathered that the Governor of the Apex Bank said it was his first impression. @DoubleEph wrote;

I’m dying here. Mr Eazi went to make a presentation to banker’s committee and Emefiele commented that his dreadlocks are irresponsible

I should add that Meffy said it was his first impression. Presumably he’s changed his mind after hearing how much the young man was making from streaming his music

News from Gistmore - https://gistmore.com/your-dreadlocks-are-irresponsible-cbn-governor-tells-mr-eazi

Cc; Lalasticlala mynd44

Re: ‘Your Dreadlocks Are Irresponsible’ - CBN Governor Tells Mr Eazi by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 11, 2018
Before nko? Isn't it irresponsible? Such lifestyle is not acceptable in the cooperate circle.

10 Likes

Re: ‘Your Dreadlocks Are Irresponsible’ - CBN Governor Tells Mr Eazi by Nobody: 7:02am On Dec 11, 2018
You cant be irresponsible and be successful. Can you?

Irresponsible people are not diligent in achieving their goals.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘Your Dreadlocks Are Irresponsible’ - CBN Governor Tells Mr Eazi by HungerMustGo: 7:08am On Dec 11, 2018
mynairaland2018:
You cant be irresponsible and be successful. Can you?

Hard drug dealers are successful. Does that make them responsible human beings?

What of successful ritualists and yahoo plus fraudsters?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Your Dreadlocks Are Irresponsible’ - CBN Governor Tells Mr Eazi by dabrin: 7:08am On Dec 11, 2018
cool
Re: ‘Your Dreadlocks Are Irresponsible’ - CBN Governor Tells Mr Eazi by SAMBARRY: 7:33am On Dec 11, 2018
We know you're a musician and can wear boxers to perform on stage but for crying out loud this is a corporate meeting/event.Location and occasion determines your dress sense.Nigerians should realise that money alone is not the only measure for recording a person as successful, dignity,poise and self respect should come along with your money.that hair is more of touts working in the garage

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Your Dreadlocks Are Irresponsible’ - CBN Governor Tells Mr Eazi by fishmillan: 7:34am On Dec 11, 2018
It's the truth ..
Re: ‘Your Dreadlocks Are Irresponsible’ - CBN Governor Tells Mr Eazi by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 11, 2018
HungerMustGo:

Why are YOU comparing him to criminals committing criminal acts? Should one be considered irresponsible because of a hairstyle?

Hes a hardworking young man. You and Emefiele need to see people beyond your personal prejudices.

5 Likes

Re: ‘Your Dreadlocks Are Irresponsible’ - CBN Governor Tells Mr Eazi by princealexndre(m): 9:46am On Dec 11, 2018
He is a musician... Why people dey always criticize hair like this

2 Likes

Re: ‘Your Dreadlocks Are Irresponsible’ - CBN Governor Tells Mr Eazi by HungerMustGo: 10:05am On Dec 11, 2018
mynairaland2018:

Why are YOU comparing him to criminals committing criminal acts? Should one be considered irresponsible because of a hairstyle?

Hes a hardworking young man. You and Emefiele need to see people beyond your personal prejudices.

This has nothing to do with Mr Eazi or Emefiele. It has everything to do with your statement that I quoted and replied.

Read it again.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Your Dreadlocks Are Irresponsible’ - CBN Governor Tells Mr Eazi by IamD18: 10:06am On Dec 11, 2018
Appearance is not reality.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Your Dreadlocks Are Irresponsible’ - CBN Governor Tells Mr Eazi by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 11, 2018
HungerMustGo:

This has nothing to do with Mr Eazi or Emefiele. It has everything to do with your statement that I quoted and replied.

Read it again.

Success obviously means very different things to us. I don't know why YOU would consider a drug dealer or ritualist successful.

The bankers committee wouldn't consider them successful too, nor invite them for their meeting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Your Dreadlocks Are Irresponsible’ - CBN Governor Tells Mr Eazi by goodnewscliff(m): 10:10am On Dec 11, 2018
Emefiele dy crase!!!!!! angry angry Is he a banker?

2 Likes

Re: ‘Your Dreadlocks Are Irresponsible’ - CBN Governor Tells Mr Eazi by HungerMustGo: 10:16am On Dec 11, 2018
mynairaland2018:

Success obviously means very different things to us. I don't know why u would consider a drug dealer successful.

I don't consider criminals successful. Nigeria does. Many of them become politicians and are revered and celebrated by everyone including the main stream media.

Many of them are invited to churches and large gatherings to come and inspire the youth with their so called success stories.

4 Likes

Re: ‘Your Dreadlocks Are Irresponsible’ - CBN Governor Tells Mr Eazi by stanliwise(m): 10:20am On Dec 11, 2018
HungerMustGo:

don't mind the guy he is a shallow thinker

4 Likes

Re: ‘Your Dreadlocks Are Irresponsible’ - CBN Governor Tells Mr Eazi by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 11, 2018
HungerMustGo:

I don't consider criminals successful. Nigeria does. Many of them become politicians and are revered and celebrated by everyone including the main stream media.

Many of them are invited to churches and large gatherings to come and inspire the youth with their so called success stories.
Good thing we are now on the same page (@bolded). You don't have to derail the thread further.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Your Dreadlocks Are Irresponsible’ - CBN Governor Tells Mr Eazi by stanliwise(m): 10:23am On Dec 11, 2018
SAMBARRY:
We know you're a musician and can wear boxers to perform on stage but for crying out loud this is a corporate meeting/event.Location and occasion determines your dress sense.Nigerians should realise that money alone is not the only measure for recording a person as successful, dignity,poise and self respect should come along with your money.that hair is more of touts working in the garage
so he should cut the hair because he was invited to a professional gathering.

7 Likes

Re: ‘Your Dreadlocks Are Irresponsible’ - CBN Governor Tells Mr Eazi by SAMBARRY: 11:08am On Dec 11, 2018
stanliwise:
so he should cut the hair because he was invited to a professional gathering.
yes and if he can't send someone to represent him or kuku cut the hair.the hair doesn't portray him in a good light at all
Re: ‘Your Dreadlocks Are Irresponsible’ - CBN Governor Tells Mr Eazi by stanliwise(m): 11:12am On Dec 11, 2018
SAMBARRY:
yes and if he can't send someone to represent him or kuku cut the hair.the hair doesn't portray him in a good light at all
Bro as a musician we love him that way. Respect him base on his profession. Musician are excuse to dress in ways that are not cooperate. As a performer he should be wearing suit and ties abi. Even Micheal Jackson didn't do that.

6 Likes

Re: ‘Your Dreadlocks Are Irresponsible’ - CBN Governor Tells Mr Eazi by CustardPrince(m): 11:12am On Dec 11, 2018
HungerMustGo:

You should change your definition of Success

2 Likes

Re: ‘Your Dreadlocks Are Irresponsible’ - CBN Governor Tells Mr Eazi by SAMBARRY: 11:20am On Dec 11, 2018
stanliwise:
Bro as a musician we love him that way. Respect him base on his profession. Musician are excuse to dress in ways that are not cooperate. As a performer he should be wearing suit and ties abi. Even Micheal Jackson didn't do that.
focus!

I didn't say he should be wearing suit/tie all the time but in situations where OCCASIONS DEMAND FOR IT even if you're a musician

If he dressed responsibly that man will not make such remark.after all you guys shame ladies for displaying their breasts in some functions where its not necessary so its time we call this dude to order.he looks unpresentable,musician or not

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Your Dreadlocks Are Irresponsible’ - CBN Governor Tells Mr Eazi by stanliwise(m): 11:45am On Dec 11, 2018
SAMBARRY:
focus!

I didn't say he should be wearing suit/tie all the time but in situations where OCCASIONS DEMAND FOR IT even if you're a musician

If he dressed responsibly that man will not make such remark.after all you guys shame ladies for displaying their breasts in some functions where its not necessary so its time we call this dude to order.he looks unpresentable,musician or not
Dreadlock is the a tradition of the Rastafarians and seen with some religion e.g celestial churches. In Nigeria and many part of the world it has become a trend for youth and teens nevertheless it is reckless for you or anyone to say having dreadlocks is irresponsible as everyone has the right to earn repsect for his/her religion as long as it is peaceful and beneficial to the society . In Jamaica it is their tradition and professional have dreadlock everywhere in their country and for any celestial, Rastafarian follower. So Emefiele was just expressing his own self-centered opinion.

4 Likes

Re: ‘Your Dreadlocks Are Irresponsible’ - CBN Governor Tells Mr Eazi by Friend01(m): 11:58am On Dec 11, 2018
HungerMustGo:

You dey mind the small boy. This is how they got about misleading the young ones.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Your Dreadlocks Are Irresponsible’ - CBN Governor Tells Mr Eazi by Kenekingisback: 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2018
Eazi should close his account with CBN grin grin grin

I dey suspect one MOD for Nairaland get dreadlocks shocked

1 Like

Re: ‘Your Dreadlocks Are Irresponsible’ - CBN Governor Tells Mr Eazi by techking: 12:07pm On Dec 11, 2018
Lolllsss
Re: ‘Your Dreadlocks Are Irresponsible’ - CBN Governor Tells Mr Eazi by Tamarapetty(f): 12:11pm On Dec 11, 2018
Why is it that musicians must do dreads?? Whether it fits them or not? Thank God davido no get hair, i wonder how e go look like, with his shape of head.

1 Like

Re: ‘Your Dreadlocks Are Irresponsible’ - CBN Governor Tells Mr Eazi by punisha: 12:12pm On Dec 11, 2018
shocked

Emefeile or whatever his name is, is a hypocrite.

I'd be damned if he didn't wear the reigning trousers of the 80's and carry an Afro cut which was typical of every

young male back then, or he didn't unbutton his shirts to his stomach region to impress girls.

All those were obtainable in his time and no one condemned them.

Easy has the right to dreads or whatever hairstyle he seems fit.

My only problem is, he just won't let go of his poverty mentality and appear decent for once.

He was only addressed by the way he dressed.

3 Likes

Re: ‘Your Dreadlocks Are Irresponsible’ - CBN Governor Tells Mr Eazi by permsec: 12:43pm On Dec 11, 2018
Well said my Brother. wearing a suit for such occasion wont bite his black ass but alas, he appeared as one going for coke studio. who in dogs name invited mr eazi to such an event as a guest speaker
punisha:
shocked

Emefeile or whatever his name is, is a hypocrite.

I'd be damned if he didn't wear the reigning trousers of the 80's and carry an Afro cut which was typical of every

young male back then, or he didn't unbutton his shirts to his stomach region to impress girls.

All those were obtainable in his time and no one condemned them.

Easy has the right to dreads or whatever hairstyle he seems fit.

My only problem is, he just won't let go of his poverty mentality and appear decent for once.

He was only addressed by the way he dressed.

1 Like

Re: ‘Your Dreadlocks Are Irresponsible’ - CBN Governor Tells Mr Eazi by Houseofglam7(f): 12:45pm On Dec 11, 2018
Oh well...
Re: ‘Your Dreadlocks Are Irresponsible’ - CBN Governor Tells Mr Eazi by John20017(m): 1:00pm On Dec 11, 2018
SAMBARRY:

���. COME WHY UNA LIKE DEY CARRY THINGS FOR HEAD. WHAT THE DEFINITION OF RESPONSIBLE

1 Like

Re: ‘Your Dreadlocks Are Irresponsible’ - CBN Governor Tells Mr Eazi by BOWOTO(m): 1:03pm On Dec 11, 2018
Most Nigerians are ignorant and hypocrites.

Those without dreadlocks are the ones stealing from you, those suited up are the ones eating your future.
Nigeria cant develop with people thinking like this. its sad.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nollywood Actress, Pat Ugwu Goes Braless Flaunts Her Saggy Boobs And Nip**les / Meet Korean-nigerian Actress Bae Yujin / The Most Beautiful Woman In The World Without Makeup Remains Charming. Checkout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.