Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,077 members, 7,821,708 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

The Bow And Arrow - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bow And Arrow (1340 Views)

In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? / Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bow And Arrow by Yefet(m): 1:43pm On Aug 02, 2010
August 2, 2010

The Bow and Arrow

By Michael Youssef, Ph.D.

Have you ever been described as an impatient person? It is easy to feel impatient. Maybe traffic isn’t moving fast enough and you are going to be late for your meeting. Or you can’t get through the checkout lane quickly enough to pick up your children from the babysitter. These daily irritations can zap your strength and cause you to lose sight of what really matters.

The source of true patience is the Spirit of God. His patience toward us allows us the opportunity to grow and to become more like Him. He does not give up on us. When we are stubborn and fail to learn what God wants to teach us, He continues to demonstrate His patience.

Many times, we grow impatient with a colleague, friend, child, or spouse and forget that God is patient with us and requires us to do the same with others. One of the causes of impatience is spiritual shortsightedness. Our view is limited. Therefore, many times we only see what has a direct impact on our lives. We become impatient because we can’t see life from God’s perspective!

God has a greater plan. While He does not always show us the details, we can know the big picture—we are in His loving hands.

Oswald Chambers writes:

Patience is more than endurance. A saint’s life is in the hands of God like a bow and arrow in the hands of the archer. God is aiming at something the saint cannot see, and He stretches and strains, and every now and again the saint says, ‘I cannot stand anymore.’ God does not heed, He goes on stretching till His purpose is in sight, then He lets fly. Trust yourself in God’s hands.

Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience (Colossians 3:12).

www.leadingtheway.org
Re: The Bow And Arrow by nopuqeater: 4:26pm On Aug 02, 2010
@Yefet: Have you ever known that the Jews, the Bible and the Christians call the Jews the Chosen people? Now Colossians 3;12 that you and your writer, Youssef Ph. D., quoted above calls the Christians the chosen people. Who is the chosen people between you christians and the jews?

Maybe both of you are chosen people? But then you have 2 different religions, ways? Which one of them is wrong, whose adherents will definitely go to Hellfire?

Sometimes, Mr. Yefet you put on this show, and we in Islam can see through it, but you and your type cant. Why? Maybe Shaitan is covering your eyes from the truth, the reason you posted 2 chosen people opposing each other?
Re: The Bow And Arrow by Tonyet1(m): 5:24pm On Aug 02, 2010
^^ never knew you were a moslem! yeah yeah whatever--> if Youssef Ph.D subscribes to the use of 'chosen people' for the Christians, does the thread or the OP said anything about that. why the derail?  angry angry
Re: The Bow And Arrow by nopuqeater: 5:45pm On Aug 02, 2010
^^^ No pork eater is no a Christian acronym/synonym. Tonye T, whatever. Open your eyes and read. My comment is thread appropriate. A good hint of information is good for a brain that has a good heart.

Where did I derail what Youssef said? Which one of you, Jews and Christians are Chosen people? You have a problem on your hand, maaaaaaaaan!
Re: The Bow And Arrow by Tonyet1(m): 5:53pm On Aug 02, 2010
^^ Simple question, did the OP say we should discuss anything about 'Chosen People' or he made mention of some bow and arrow? this no pig eater pigless eater sucks! grin grin
Re: The Bow And Arrow by Tonyet1(m): 5:58pm On Aug 02, 2010
or maybe i should help your mr. pigless eater, the poster wants us to discuss about "patience" and how its very essence could help us live good lives regardless of whether we are pork eaters or not grin grin grin grin

Yefet:

August 2, 2010

Have you ever been described as an impatient person? It is easy to feel impatient.

The source of true patience is the Spirit of God. His patience toward us allows us the opportunity to grow and to become more like Him. He does not give up on us. When we are stubborn and fail to learn what God wants to teach us, He continues to demonstrate His patience.

Many times, we grow impatient with a colleague, friend, child, or spouse and forget that God is patient with us and requires us to do the same with others. One of the causes of impatience is spiritual shortsightedness. Our view is limited. Therefore, many times we only see what has a direct impact on our lives. We become impatient because we can’t see life from God’s perspective!

God has a greater plan. While He does not always show us the details, we can know the big picture—we are in His loving hands.

Oswald Chambers writes:

Patience is more than endurance. A saint’s life is in the hands of God like a bow and arrow in the hands of the archer. God is aiming at something the saint cannot see, and He stretches and strains, and every now and again the saint says, ‘I cannot stand anymore.’ God does not heed, He goes on stretching till His purpose is in sight, then He lets fly. Trust yourself in God’s hands.

Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience (Colossians 3:12).

www.leadingtheway.org

The boldened could help start a good discourse. whatcha think?  wink
Re: The Bow And Arrow by nopuqeater: 6:00pm On Aug 02, 2010
@Tonye-t:
Oswald Chambers writes:

Your guy Oswald should be ashamed of himself, making God human, a specie of less quality than Angels. Yet God created even the Angels.

I forgot. Oswald is a Christian, worshiping 3 gods; one of them a ghost that cant be trusted since he makes you speak in languages that does not exist and no one around you speaks. So no one actually knows what was spoken. Another is says he is a servant of God Who sent him. How is a servant by his own admission, God?

Again, to you directly, Tony-t; which one of the groups in God's chosen people; The Israelites with Jewish religion, or you the Christians with Jesus being one of your Gods, while your religion is not Judaism?

You have your work cut out for you.
Re: The Bow And Arrow by nopuqeater: 6:12pm On Aug 02, 2010
@Tonye-t: « #5 on: Today at 05:58:29 PM »
or maybe i should help your mr. pigless eater, the poster wants us to discuss about "patience" and how its very essence could help us live good lives regardless of whether we are pork eaters or not Grin Grin Grin Grin
Tonye-t, if you can just read the Bible and get the direct message of a piece as you did here, what improvement we could have enjoyed! Except that you people give us some kinda hidden meaning, lying that Jesus is not a servant of God Almighty Who sent him, though he said that himself. Are you for real with your dry joke? Am not laughing with you, but laughing at you. Grin, grin, grin.

The boldened could help start a good discourse. whatcha think? Wink
So when you become patient, increasing in patience, you are now becoming like God? Ridiculous. Yet you all have sins? Is God under the rule of sinfulness? Who sets the agenda of sinfulness for Him, on Him, against Him? Who will ask Him, why did you commit that sin? And Jesus His servant that He sent said "forgive us our sins" It is time for me to go, Tonye-t. Have a good afternoon in Maryland.
Re: The Bow And Arrow by Tonyet1(m): 6:29pm On Aug 02, 2010
you are not a christian so where do you want me to start?  grin grin

From the onset there's never been a time Christians believe that we are the only "chosen ones". Howbeit we believe THE JEWS and THE CHRISTIANS are considered chosen people, and that's if you understand who the REAL JEWS ARE. i can give references but lets start from somewhere

The Prodigal Son

A father (God) had two sons (significance of two nations, two people, two approaches to one father), the eldest was loyal (The el-jewish) and the younger disloyal (the el-gentiles).

The younger went astray and lived a life of ill-reputation, until he knew himself (The message of salvation) and returned to His father (God)

The Father welcomed him, prolly gave him more attention, put a ring on his hand (authority over the spiritual life), new robe (significance of adoption by sonship)
and so on

when the father saw the eldest's mood, he beckoned by saying 'son thou art ever with me all i have is thine
(please read Romans 9:4 and that's if you have a bible  grin). hope to hear from you b4 i continue
Re: The Bow And Arrow by nopuqeater: 10:08pm On Aug 02, 2010
@Tonye-t: « #8 on: Today at 06:29:35 PM »
you are not a christian so where do you want me to start? Grin Grin
I know enough about Christianity. Alhamdulillah am not.

From the onset there's never been a time Christians believe that we are the only "chosen ones". Howbeit we believe THE JEWS and THE CHRISTIANS are considered chosen people, and that's if you understand who the REAL JEWS ARE. i can give references but lets start from somewhere
Now that there are two of you, which one of you will go to "heaven"? The other must go to lake of fire, since you have two groups with two different religions. Now you see why Jesus condition is irrelevant to our present time? The same Bible calling two different people with two differen t religions, chosen. I am sure the Jews will never be caught dead in a unday morning Church service praising the Trinity. And the Christians will never be caught dead in the Temple at Sabbath doing the sabbath prayer rituals. Grin, grin. I know how to nead a dough. LOL.

The Prodigal Son

A father (God) had two sons (significance of two nations, two people, two approaches to one father), the eldest was loyal (The el-jewish) and the younger disloyal (the el-gentiles).

The younger went astray and lived a life of ill-reputation, until he knew himself (The message of salvation) and returned to His father (God)

The Father welcomed him, prolly gave him more attention, put a ring on his hand (authority over the spiritual life), new robe (significance of adoption by sonship) and so on

when the father saw the eldest's mood, he beckoned by saying 'son thou art ever with me all i have is thine (please read Romans 9:4 and that's if you have a bible Grin). hope to hear from you b4 i continue
You must be a disobedient soul to call God your father since you are a el gentile. Who is the wife of God that bore you el gentile for Him? Grin, grin, grin. This alone killed your irrational premise. Ridiculous, you are Tonye-t. So the Jews are the first to believe and be obedient to God? Have you ever heard of Ibrahim before? Was he a Jew or Israelite, or neither because he was long before Isaac, the father of Jacob who was the father of Judah his son, from whose name Jew, Judaism, Jewish were derived? Grin, grin, grin. And you have the boldness to tell me to read Roman; a portion that cant be associated with Moses, David or Jesus son of Mary. What use is it, since I know it was not from them.
Re: The Bow And Arrow by Tonyet1(m): 12:03pm On Aug 03, 2010
nopuqeater:

I know enough about Christianity. Alhamdulillah am not.

Did you say enough, hmm thats serious! reeeealllly serious!! grin grin

nopuqeater:

Now that there are two of you, which one of you will go to "heaven"? The other must go to lake of fire, since you have two groups with two different religions. Now you see why Jesus condition is irrelevant to our present time? The same Bible calling two different people with two differen t religions, chosen. I am sure the Jews will never be caught dead in a unday morning Church service praising the Trinity. And the Christians will never be caught dead in the Temple at Sabbath doing the sabbath prayer rituals. Grin, grin. I know how to nead a dough. LOL.

hey pal I can assume you did not go thru' dat passage i gave you up there (Rom.9:4) because if you did then you should have known that God's design from origin was to reconcile all men (Jews and the Gentiles) to himself, the onux of God calling the Jews was basically to reconcile the Gentiles.

The prodigal story is there to reveal that both the Jews(After the promise) and the Gentiles(in the promise) are all part of the Father's sons (Chosen ones) and thus were citizens of heaven.

Israel has always been there as the first son
(Ex. 4:22 - And you shall say to Pharaoh, Thus says the Lord, Israel is My son, even My firstborn) and the gentiles were alienated (Col 1:21-22 And you, being in time past alienated and enemies in your mind in your evil works, yet now hath he reconciled in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and without blemish and unreproveable before him). until we got reconciled to christ.)
Mind you, it will be mistake to presume all Israelites were "the chosen ones" no no no, rather the chosen ones of the descent of Abraham( Ibrahim) were those of the lineage of Isaac ( Ishaak), lest you come in with your Ishmael gimmicks.  grin grin grin

Read Rom 9:6-8

6 However, it is not as though God's Word had failed [coming to nothing]. For it is not everybody who is a descendant of Jacob (Israel) who belongs to [the true] Israel.

7 And they are not all the children of Abraham because they are by blood his descendants. No, [the promise was] Your descendants will be called and counted through the line of Isaac [though Abraham had an older son]. [Gen 21:9-12.] 

8 That is to say, it is not the children of the body [of Abraham] who are made God's children, but it is the offspring to whom the promise applies that shall be counted [as Abraham's true] descendants. AMP

God bless you
Re: The Bow And Arrow by nopuqeater: 5:44pm On Aug 03, 2010
@Tonye-t: « #10 on: Today at 12:03:36 PM »
Did you say enough, hmm thats serious! reeeealllly serious!! Grin Grin
I went to christian high school in Nigeria. And if you are a nigerian, the christian teachers will not let you rest until you study their Bible. so i did and even took it as a waec subject. now you know.

[Quote] hey pal I can assume you did not go thru' dat passage i gave you up there (Rom.9:4)[/quote]Is Roman not part of the Bible book the christians call "revelations"? Revelation is written after Gospels. Gospels are where we can even see something that came from jesus for sure; Like "THe Lord's Prayer", "Jesus your servant who You sent", "oh Israel, listen up, your Lord and my Lord is but One God", "My God, my God, why has thou forsaken me?". Even Acts of Apostles came before reveations. Paul is the main author of Revelation. Is Paul Jesus? No. Should I believe Paul when he says something different from what Jesus said on a specific subject? No. When Jesus said he is a servant of God Eloi Who sent him, should I say Jesus is wrong because Paul says Jesus is God? No. Tonye-t, you are free to live in a lie.

because if you did then you should have known that God's design from origin was to reconcile all men (Jews and the Gentiles) to himself, the onux of God calling the Jews was basically to reconcile the Gentiles.
Who named Non children of Israel, gentiles? Jews as a discriminatory name. Who named the Children of Israel, Jews? The children of Israel themselves, as a sign of discrimination against many of better quality nations among themselves, Joseph children nation[s], for one. Remember that it was after the kingdom of the Solomon and even that of his son that the twelve nations were divided from "ISRAEL" to Israel and Judea. Do you know that? If you did you will not be happy to call yourself a gentile because the Jews call you that. Since Eloi from the mouth of Jesus the servant, did not call you that then i think you shouldnt put yourself down with such a title of gentile. Just to see how the Jews of israel treat you, a christian, see YOUTUBE video "The Jews are insulting Jesus" and others where they stone you christian people visiting Israel.

The prodigal story is there to reveal that both the Jews(After the promise) and the Gentiles(in the promise) are all part of the Father's sons (Chosen ones) and thus were citizens of heaven.
What promise are you talking about? Think about the after promise as you spoke about the Jews and in the promise as you spoke about the gentiles, you will see that if Jews were befor Christianity which is the group am sure you are calling the gentile, to then say in the promise for the Christian gentiles is a foolish throw back, in time that does not make any sense. I will not even go further because you dont know what is the promise, who made the promise, and to whom was it made and what is the purpose and benefit of the said promise. When you tell us these, Allah Willing, I will have answer for you.

Israel has always been there as the first son (Ex. 4:22
Who was the wife of God who bore the Israel the first son? Who is Israel, but Jacob? Where there people loved by God before Jacob? Yes. One of them is Abraham, the grandfather of Jacob, who God, as accepted by all so called monotheist religions as Personal Friend of God.

- And you shall say to Pharaoh, Thus says the Lord, Israel is My son, even My firstborn) and the gentiles were alienated (Col 1:21-22 And you, being in time past alienated [b]and enemies in your mind in your evil works[/b]Was it that Moses said, first to Pharaoh? If not somebody is a liar or Moses disobey Yahweh, the Eloi Who sent His servant Jesus son of Mary. I doubt if Moses disoeyed God. So the ony thing is that there was a liar in the mist, the Bible writer[s].

yet now hath he reconciled in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and without blemish and unreproveable before him). until we got reconciled to christ.)
Ridiculous lies. Jesus said "forgive us our sins". Jesus said "Jesus Your servant who you sent". And before, Yahweh called Moses "God". And in Jeremiah 31; 31-34 about the nations of Israel and Judah :I will forgive them and remember their sins no longer." Jesus had nothing to do with this. Yet some people from Israel, Judah and Christianity will surely enter hellfire. Who is the liar here, once again?

Mind you, it will be mistake to presume all Israelites were "the chosen ones" no no no, rather the chosen ones of the descent of Abraham( Ibrahim) were those of the lineage of Isaac ( Ishaak), lest you come in with your Ishmael gimmicks. Grin Grin Grin
Who were the Israelites, but children of Jacob, son of Issac, grandson of Ibrahim? The arabs are not Israelites. I see that you lack the foundamentals of who the Israelites are. I dont blame you, even many of your religious leaders consider Adam to be an israelite. Definitelly they argue that Abraham was Israelite. Arabs are not Israelites and I do not know an arab who will say he is an Israelite, except he is looking at his language and not his bloodline from outside anyone away from Jacob.

Read Rom 9:6-8

6 However, it is not as though God's Word had failed [coming to nothing]. For it is not everybody who is a descendant of Jacob (Israel) who belongs to [the true] Israel.
True Israel is if by blood, descendants of Jacob. True Yoruba is a people who have their bloodline to Oduduwa and family. Your Bible is not always clear but playing with ambiguity. No wonder you are on the wrong side, thinking you are following guidance.

7 And they are not all the children of Abraham because they are by blood his descendants. No, [the promise was] Your descendants will be called and counted through the line of Isaac [though Abraham had an older son]. [Gen 21:9-12.]
God Almighty does not allow His elect to ever go wrong. Ever. And Abraham, said God "is My Friend." If God chose Abraham, would He have allowed him to perform adultery, no say to him, why would you do a thing forbidden, when you have a legal wife and i have warned against illicit sex? God never show any sign of anger or disagreement of the relationship between Abraham and the second, much younger wife who bore him the first child, a son named Isamael. Though we learnt that God was angry at Adam and Eve who He inspired to seek forgiveness that He accepted.

And after Abraham, the Bible recorded that Moses was almost killed because his son was not circumcised yet, though he had been commissioned to go perform a duty for God before Pharaoh. Let me ask you about Moses; if he had been sent an errant and has not completed the mission, can killing him make him complete the mission or make the misssion unfulfilled? That intention to kill him, go you really believe that his Lord Who sent Him that errant will circumvent Himself by intending to kill Moses, before he finished the mission? That would have been unreasonable. Yet the Bible says "God is not the Author of Confusion"? But man is. ANd we see the thinking of man all over the Bible, showing their ignorance, and the lies they wrote before, which they forget. I am saying God Almighty makes it easy for those whose heart have good faith to see the lies, because He has exposed them.

8 That is to say, it is not the children of the body [of Abraham] who are made God's children, but it is the offspring to whom the promise applies that shall be counted [as Abraham's true] descendants. AMP
The book of Roman writer must be deluded. He says things that he had no proof of. The Bible writes that Little innocent Ischmael will be a wild man. It happened he never was. He turned out to be a good, peaceful and loving man, husband, father and community member. Again what was the promised that will never fail? And if from the children of Jacob there is a single bad person who does not believe in God, then what; is he or she still a child of Yahweh, and covered within the promise? It is a fact that there are many Jews who eat pork. All you have to do is to look at American jewry. There are many in Israel who eat pork, and just to cut to the chase, many of them are Buddist, and all the other isms. Are these men and women still children of Yahweh, by the wives of yahweh who are nameless, faceless, probably out of adultery? Ridiculous your idea is Tonye-t.

You need to go on Youtube and see series of videos of Jews abusing christians, Jesus, etc. Then you can see, Old Bible found in Palestine that says what the Quran says about Jesus, as Prophet, Messenger to his people and not God but human,

God bless you
Hope that is not the three gods you worship?
Re: The Bow And Arrow by Tonyet1(m): 6:02pm On Aug 03, 2010
sorry o! no vex, but i cant seem to understand a damn thing you really spotting at against the Christians. wooow i dont know where exactly you are coming from or where goest you. . . got me reminiscing the days of Abuzola.  grin grin grin

Bro you can take this and lets start from there, atleast a better head way  grin grin

The Quran in
Sura 3:55 (Al-Imran) - "Allah said, Isa (Jesus), I am about to cause your term on earth to end and lift you up to Me. I shall take you away from those who disbelieve and exalt your followers above them till the Day of Resurrection."

God says that the followers of Jesus will be exalted above the followers of Mohammed and besides i have gone thru' the Holy Quran twice and the MUhammed i read from seems quite different from the one portrayed by the ignorant Muslims, He seemed so peaceful, accomodating, humble and spoke the truth about the greatness of Jesus.

Have you ever read where Quran described Jesus as the spirit that proceeds from God and Muhammed as just a messenger who accepted he was a sinner too?!  well well well much ado about Christ and his undisputed supremacy.  tongue tongue grin grin
Re: The Bow And Arrow by nopuqeater: 9:27pm On Aug 03, 2010
@Tonye-t: « #12 on: Today at 06:02:59 PM »
sorry o! no vex, Huh Huh but i cant seem to understand a damn thing you really spotting at against the Christians. wooow i dont know where exactly you are coming from or where goest you. . . got me reminiscing the days of Abuzola. Grin Grin Grin
Alhamdulillah. And I miss Abuzola in the little time I knew of him. The content of truth is foolishness to unbelievers who are multiple gods or godheads worshippers. So Tonye-t, I escuse and understand your condition. Sorry oooo. I see that I spoke over your head. May your Creator have Mercy on you and open your heart to Truth so that you know that He is One. He has no parents. He is not a Parent of any. He is sufficient. He sustains all. He is there before beginning. He never have died. He will never die. He wil be there after everyone has experienced death. He will be the Only One Who decides the affairs and the ending of everyone. He is not Jesus. Grin, grin, grin.

Bro you can take this and lets start from there, atleast a better head way Grin Grin

The Quran in Sura 3:55 (Al-Imran) - "Allah said, Isa (Jesus), I am about to cause your term on earth to end and lift you up to Me. I shall take you away from those who disbelieve and exalt your followers above them till the Day of Resurrection."
Who is the Speaker? Who was He addressing at the time Jesus was alive on earth? What was Jesus response? Was Jesus saying "oh no, partner, am not ready to leave and since we are partner, I will leave or do what I want?" Of course not. A slave, a servant, a messenger, is what Jesus was and never equal to his Lord, God Almighty Allah, the Creator. May Allah open your inner eye, since you are obviously blind as a bat. Though bat is not blind. It is an expression about them. You you are blind in the heart.

God says that the followers of Jesus will be exalted above the followers of Mohammed
When the verse above in Imran was spoken to Jesus, a story related to Muhammad by Allah, in the Quran, it is obvious that Jesus was not yet raised up to Allah, as Allah is saying, indicating that Jesus was on earth. And Muhammad (AS) was not on earth as a prophet, Messenger, ten. It was over 500 years after Jesus that Muhammad was born and was not a prophet, Messenger until he was 40 ears. If you have any other opinion about this please let us have it. If Islam of Muhammad was not get began, and Jesus was within his Jewish people who refused to accept him enmasse, how was the few people who accepted Jesus equal to and higher than the followers of Muhammad who were not in existence until about 600 years later?

If Allah says about Muhammad and Islam that the enemy of Muhammad is enemy of Allah, of Jibril and the Angels and true believers, and these enemies incur the cumulative curses of Allah, His Angels all of man and genie, for ever, and that whoever comes to Allah now that Muhammad has come with the Message of Islam, with any other religion, it will not be accepted from him/her. How then can you in clear head say Jesus followers are by Quran raised higher than people who Quran is their religious Text, the true followers of the Messages of Allah to Mankind, through all the prophets and Messengers, ending with Muhammad (AS)? Is the core Message of Jesus not "Oh my people of Israel, your Lord and my Lord is One God"? This is exactly the message of Quran, of Torah, of Sabur.

and besides i have gone thru' the Holy Quran twice and the MUhammed i read from seems quite different from the one portrayed by the ignorant Muslims, He seemed so peaceful, accomodating, humble and spoke the truth about the greatness of Jesus.
Thanks for qualifying Muhammad (AS) the way he is qualified by Allah. And the Ignorant christians misrepresent Jesus just as the Ignorant Muslim does of Muhammad. And the ignorant christians say Jesus is God when he, Jesus said he is a servant of God, sent, and that an another Comforter will come who will "speak" that people will hear what he said, which is what he is commanded by God to say, and correct people of what they say wrong about what Jesus actually said, and show the whole world to the whole truth.

If Jesus had been the all that ends all, he would never have said an entity he called "another comforter" will come? And that entity known as Another Comforter shall be the one to show people all things? Now, if you say its a holy ghost or spirit and not a man like Jesus with a book, still with us, show me how the Ghost spoke out and people heard him, and what did he say and where is his book of statement, like Gospels of Jesus, Torah of Moses, Sabur of David, and Quran and or authentic Hadith of Muhammad? Muhammad is here with us today, as is Jesus is here with us today, as is Moses is here with us today, and as is David is here with us today, only by their Books, revealed by God.

Have you ever read where Quran described Jesus as the spirit that proceeds from God and Muhammed as just a messenger who accepted he was a sinner too?! well well well much ado about Christ and his undisputed supremacy. Tongue Tongue Grin Grin
Tonye-t is very naive. He forgets that Allah says of Adam, "I breath My spirit into him." Does it me the spirit from Allah, Jesus is greater than the one who Allah breath His Spirit into? Is Jesus greater than Adam here, since both of them carry Allah's Spirit? Of course not. Is any of them carrying part of Allah, as it what is Allah is them or part of them? No. How? Allah says in Surah 112 that Alla is separate from creation, and creation is different from Him, and neither is like the other. So when we look at this, we know that the Spirit being stated by Allah is a separate thing, different from Allah which He allows to be a means of which Adam became a living being, without a father and mother, and Jesus a living being without a father.

We are all from Adam, his children carrying the same quality, though we are in the mother and father combination to become living beings, though Even became a living being by cloning from a part of Adam. Your argument is very weak. And Muhammad (AS) said that he lead Jesus in prayer at Masjid Aqsa before the Masjid was build in Jerusalem (a prophetic statement). This is enough to show that Muhammad (as) is a prophet, seeing Jesus also in his position, as he entered the heavens. Jesus is stationed in the 2nd level of heavens with his cousin John, above Adam who is on 1st, while Idris is on third, Moses on 6th, Ibrahim on 7th, just to name a few.
Re: The Bow And Arrow by Tonyet1(m): 4:36pm On Aug 04, 2010
nopuqeater:

He is sufficient. He sustains all. He is there before beginning. He never have died. He will never die. He wil be there after everyone has experienced death. He will be the Only One Who decides the affairs and the ending of everyone.

woooww. . . i bet flesh and blood did not reveal this to you. thanks for my God is truly worthy of praises.
Re: The Bow And Arrow by Tonyet1(m): 4:47pm On Aug 04, 2010
nopuqeater:

Who is the Speaker? Who was He addressing at the time Jesus was alive on earth? What was Jesus response? Was Jesus saying "oh no, partner, am not ready to leave and since we are partner, I will leave or do what I want?" Of course not. A[b] slave, a servant, a messenger, is what Jesus was and never equal to his Lord, God Almighty Allah, the Creator. [/b] May Allah open your inner eye, since you are obviously blind as a bat. Though bat is not blind. It is an expression about them. You you are blind in the heart.

Allah doesnt need to open my eyes, they were open already even before you had your o'level in Islam . lets see what your Quran says about my Jesus and his deity-attributes.

Sura 4:171 (Al-Nisa) - "Al-Masih (Messiah), [size=13pt]Isa[/size] (Jesus) the son of Mariam, was no more than Allah's apostle, and His[Allah's] Word which He bestowed on Mariam, for he is a spirit proceeding from Allah."

#1: The witness of Sura chapter 4 and verse 171 (Al-nisa) said it plain that Jesus is the son of Mariam (Virgin Mary)
#2: He goes on to say, Isa (Jesus) was also Allah's apostle

#3: He spoke under the true influence of Allah (peace unto him) that Isa (Jesus) is a spirit that proceeds from Allah.

What else do you want?, what else does your [moslems] rebellious nature want more?, what else does that reprobacy in you wants?. The deity of Jesus Christ needs no debate. What it is - is - what it is.

Nopuqeater pls was Tonye the writer of your quran? absolutely no! Did i infuence Sura to write those words about Isa in your Quran? absolutely No! why cant you guys just accept the truth, live and let others live?

According to your Quran (peace be unto it) Isa (Jhe-isua meaning Jesus) is the spirit that proceeds from Allah (Ruhull-llah), inotherwords, it says Jesus is the spirit that proceeds from God. And what baffles me more is that the same Quran i have read regards Ibrahim (peace be unto him) as a friend of Allah, it regards Moses as Allah's spokesman, it regarded Muhammed (peace be unto Him) as just a messager of God but coming to Isa (Jesus - peace be unto him) it called him the spirit that proceeds from Allah.

I have never liked debating Islamic issues here in nairaland because alot of the Moslem folks here are so ignorant of the simple words of great Allah (Ruhull-llah), and if you must know i grew up in a military barracks were we went to church on sundays and makaranta on fridays. grin grin grin.

Peace be unto you my Pigless-eating brother.! grin grin
Re: The Bow And Arrow by Tonyet1(m): 12:13pm On Aug 06, 2010
where is nopuqeater no-pig-eater? grin grin come lets continue abi you dont see truth run!? grin grin grin grin
Re: The Bow And Arrow by nopuqeater: 3:43pm On Aug 06, 2010
@Tonye-t: « #14 on: August 04, 2010, 04:36 PM »
Quote from: nopuqeater on August 03, 2010, 09:27 PM
He is sufficient. He sustains all. He is there before beginning. He never have died. He will never die. He wil be there after everyone has experienced death. He will be the Only One Who decides the affairs and the ending of everyone.

woooww. . . i bet flesh and blood did not reveal this to you. thanks for my God is truly worthy of praises.
What I said, every part of it is in the Quran. it is describing Allah and no one else. Jesus did not qualify for any of it. He died, he couldnt do anything of his own power, he was not self sufficient, reliant. just to name a few. you also already said he died. the jews said they killed him. they are still boastful about it, even today, as the Quran said over 14 centuries ago. you are still saying he died without real proof[s], but conjecture of your own mind and desire from what is passed on by your parents. you have not been able to think outside the box, though you know that appearance does not always means reality.

« #15 on: August 04, 2010, 04:47 PM »
Quote from: nopuqeater on August 03, 2010, 09:27 PM
Who is the Speaker? Who was He addressing at the time Jesus was alive on earth? What was Jesus response? Was Jesus saying "oh no, partner, am not ready to leave and since we are partner, I will leave or do what I want?" Of course not. A slave, a servant, a messenger, is what Jesus was and never equal to his Lord, God Almighty Allah, the Creator. May Allah open your inner eye, since you are obviously blind as a bat. Though bat is not blind. It is an expression about them. You you are blind in the heart.

Allah doesnt need to open my eyes, they were open already even before you had your o'level in Islam
then it will appropriate and i will not be unjust to you if i say may Allah keep your eyes closed, or bind, except that you believe that Allah is the Holder of all Powers?

lets see what your Quran says about my Jesus and his deity-attributes.
Sura 4:171 (Al-Nisa) - "Al-Masih (Messiah), Isa (Jesus) the son of Mariam, was no more than Allah's apostle, and His[Allah's] Word which He bestowed on Mariam, for he is a spirit proceeding from Allah.
Where s the deity atribute here, with such a qualification of no more than Apostle of Allah? Is it not all Messengers and Prophets referred as "Apostles of Allah"? Are they now all deities, when Allah is the Only True Deity? Your disbeliever confusion may have stemmed from the "a spirit from Him".

The meaning of a spirit from Him is that Allah created a spirit for mankind which He kept with Himself and did not let it to be part of anything of the creations, as they come to their full existence; not the Angels created from light, not the genie created from smokeless fire, not the animals or plants or planets or galaxies, etc, but human being, Adam being first that the Spirit was breath into. When it came to Eve, she was from part of Adam was alive, and it may have been breath into her or commanded to proceed into her as it was commanded to proceed into Jesus, later, or any other form that it got to her. When it comes to us who have father and mother, egg and sperm mixing together, the process is the same, because the Quran says that at some earliest stage in the pregnancy, the Angels are sent to bring into the maybe still undetected fetus; the soul or spirit, which now makes the person 'alive, human', where as before this it may just have been sperm and egg combo only.

You already killed your own argument by the act of command which Allah did to make Jesus becomes human, in his mother Maryam's body. It is the same that Allah did for me in my mother's body. It was His command that brought me alive, because the egg and sperm combo could not have stayed and work the full process that brought me about.

#1: The witness of Sura chapter 4 and verse 171 (Al-nisa) said it plain that Jesus is the son of Mariam (Virgin Mary)
#2: He goes on to say, Isa (Jesus) was also Allah's apostle
Maryam's son, and Allah's Apostle. Where is the deitification?

#3: He spoke under the true influence of Allah (peace unto him) that Isa (Jesus) is a spirit that proceeds from Allah.
Wo did you proceed from, Tonye-t; the devil? Who created the devil as in commands to exist, but Allah? WHo commanded Adam as in to exist, but Allah? Who commanded your parents to exist, grow up from youth and they met each other in bed as husband and wife, as assumed that you are a product of legal marriage, and then their conjugal union finally produce like specie, you, but Allah? Do you reason?

What else do you want?, what else does your [moslems] rebellious nature want more?, what else does that reprobacy in you wants?. The deity of Jesus Christ needs no debate. What it is - is - what it is.
Allah say this in the Quran about the bringing about of Jesus, son of Virgin Maryam; "Verily, the likeness of ‘Iesa (Jesus) before Allah is the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then (He) said to him: "Be!"--- and he was". [Chapter 3: verse 59]. Is Jesus not from dust, too? Yes. He is from dust. His mother was. From two geneologies, everyone on it is from dust. And he fed from what came out from dust. Just like every dead person, according to you he was buried in the dust.

If Jesus is not from dust, then no one except from Adam is from it, except that the Christians never stop saying dust to dust in their burial rituals at the grave site. But then say that all things and beings are commanded into existence following the creative order allotted to its kind, so Jesus was in her mother's womb for a period, like every human being; "And they (Jews, Christians and pagans) say: Allah has begotten a son (Children or offspring). Glory be to Him (Exalted be He above all that they associate with Him). Nay, to Him belongs all that is in the heavens and on earth, and all surrender with obedience (in worship) to Him", "The Originator of the heavens and the earth. When He decrees a matter, He only says to it: "Be!" and it is". [Chapter 2: verses 116-17].

And All says of Himself different from all others in Chapter 112 as follows; "Say (O Mohammed (Peace Be Upon Him)) "He is Allah, (the) One", "Allah-us-Samad (The Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need, He neither eats nor drinks)", "He begets not, nor was He begotten", "And there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him". [Chapter 112 verses 1-4]. Where is deity of Jesus possible in all of these? Jesus said with his own mouth in Quran; "And (remember) when ‘Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), said: "O Children of Israel! I am the Messenger of Allah unto you confirming the Taurat [Torah which came] before me, and giving glad tidings of a Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmed .

But when he (Ahmed i.e. Mohammed (Peace Be Upon Him) came to them with clear proofs, they said: "This is plain magic".
[Chapter 6: verse 61]
. And in the Bible: The New Testament speaks of the coming of a "Comforter" after the ministry of Jesus. Some Christians believe or were made to believe that the promised "Comforter" is the "Holy Spirit", but this view cannot be maintained because the "Holy Spirit" was already present during Jesus (Peace Be Upon Him) ministry, and its coming was not a future event. The Muslims, therefore, believe that the term "Comforter" of necessity refers to a Prophet.

He was Mohammed (Peace Be Upon Him) the unlearned Prophet , the sole Prophet who brought with him a complete, comprehensive revelation from God which has been preserved as it was revealed to him originally, challenging the whole world to come up with one chapter like it, yet unsuccessfully challenged till present day. It is the Miracle of Miracles, the Last Testament of faith addressed to the whole world embodying complete light and guidance as well as the reprove of sin.
. In chapter % of the Quran, Allah say that dont man see that Jesus and his mother Maryam were humans; eatingm drinking, needing, etc? Is any of these a sin of a real Deity?

Nopuqeater pls was Tonye the writer of your quran? absolutely no! Did i infuence Sura to write those words about Isa in your Quran? absolutely No! why cant you guys just accept the truth, live and let others live?
Tonye-t, while we accept what Quran says of jesus and live and let other live, the truth is that you are not the writer nor did you influence what is written in the Quran. This is why you missed it so clearly. Allah says that Jesus was an apostle, and if you know what apostle means, you would not have continued to argue. There is a church group called the "Apostolic Church". If apostle from which apostolic is coined from is not meaning God like, then what the heck drove you to think Apostle of Allah means Allah? Tonye-t and his tunnel vision.

According to your Quran (peace be unto it) Isa (Jhe-isua meaning Jesus) is the spirit that proceeds from Allah (Ruhull-llah), inotherwords, it says Jesus is the spirit that proceeds from God. And what baffles me more is that the same Quran i have read regards Ibrahim (peace be unto him) as a friend of Allah, it regards Moses as Allah's spokesman, it regarded Muhammed (peace be unto Him) as just a messager of God but coming to Isa (Jesus - peace be unto him) it called him the spirit that proceeds from Allah.
Allah of us are spirits proceeding from Allah. Proceeding from is not different from allowed to go, brought about by, made to activate.

I hope you are are not a spirit proceeding from Shaytan, and you are not a sppoke person of Shaytan, and not a friend of Shaytan, and not a messenger of Shaytan? Everyone of us is in one degree or another is each of the qualification that each is noted to be. For example am a soul/spirit coming forth from Allah (by His Permission), the same way that Jesus was. Except that my birth is like the birth of the first children of Adam, with conjugal act of father and mother. Yet my creation is like that of Adam, that of Eve, that of Jesus in my mother's womb. I am a friend of Allah who is my Friend and Ally and am His spokesman to you, presently. After all am telling you that Allah is One, and Jesus is not a God and your worshipping him makes you a form of idolater.

I have never liked debating Islamic issues here in nairaland because alot of the Moslem folks here are so ignorant of the simple words of great Allah (Ruhull-llah), and if you must know i grew up in a military barracks were we went to church on sundays and makaranta on fridays. Grin Grin Grin.
And your military experience does not make you a pundit of Islam. Though I am neither, but I practice that very religion, Islam all my life, up to now and still continuing to learn. I have not heard the word Makaranta before. It must have been some local barrack location language. Ruhulllah, I am, too. Everyone is. And that Ruh that Allah mentioned for man is created by Allah. Allah is not part of His creation. His creation is not part of Him.

Peace be unto you my Pigless-eating brother.! Grin Grin
No Pork is a muslim oriented Chinese restaurant in New York City. Thanks for calling me pigless eater. I hope you can turn out to just like that, soon.

« #16 on: Today at 12:13:45 PM »
where is nopuqeater no-pig-eater? Grin Grin come lets continue abi you dont see truth run!? Grin Grin Grin Grin
sometimes am here and there. But this color dont run. You are disbeliever (read your confusion about God by your calling Him a trinity which is in itself idolatry) and I on the other hand is a believer who knows and accepts what God says of Himself and what He says of others, His creation.
Re: The Bow And Arrow by Tonyet1(m): 4:35pm On Aug 09, 2010
See why i say the Nigerian Moslems are so ignorant and stubborn. Else tell me why you choose to bolden the part 'Allah's apostle' and neglected the side that said Isa is also a spirit.

Maybe i should quote it again.

Sura 4:171 (Al-Nisa) - "Al-Masih (Messiah), Isa (Jesus) the son of Mariam, was no more than Allah's apostle, and His[Allah's] Word which He bestowed on Mariam, for he is a spirit proceeding from Allah."

Lest you'll act tricky again, let me point out the Isa's attributive forms from the words of Al-Nisa in your Quran

- Isa is the son of Mariam

- Isa is Allah's apostle (A messiah)

- Isa is the words of Allah (Ruhullah)

- Isa is a Spirit that proceeds from Allah

Take a look at this attributes and lets see if it contrasts from what the Holy Bible said about the same Isa (Jesus)

- Jesus is the son of Mary (Luke.2:7)

- Jesus is the Messiah (Matt.1:21)

- Jesus is the word of God (John.1:1)

- God is a Spirit, and Jesus said I proceeded from the Father, which means Jesus was also a Spirit (John.10:30 - I and my Father are One)

So now tell me what dont you understand. Pls try harder! you know what baffles me alot about the radical Moslem, its becos they fail to realise that the true Islam is founded on Peace like Muhammed (peace be unto him) puts it

Qu'ran[60:8]

"GOD does not enjoin you from befriending those who do not fight you because of religion, and do not evict you from your homes. You may befriend them and be equitable towards them. Allah loves the equitable. "
Re: The Bow And Arrow by nopuqeater: 6:27pm On Aug 09, 2010
@Tonye-t: My not bolden the names of Isa bin Maryam (AS) in the verses of Quran that I quoted will not be a sin on me.

However, it is a sin on you that you say Jesus of the Bible is God, Son of God, the only way of salvation for mankind, died on the cross, raised up from death, rejecting Muhammad (AS) of Quran, islam as the religion to give you spiritual life, denying Allah as your Lord and God Who created you and Who you have to worship and obey in the process.

Now, the difference between Jesus of the Bible and Isa (AS) of the Quran are listed above and more below;

Isa(AS) is a messenger prophet slave servant of Alah sent to the children of Israel to reconfirm, redirect them to Torah and inform them of a Messenger to come whose name is Ahmad (Surah Saffa verse 6).

I do hope you pay attention to the fact that servant slave Messenger and Prophet cant be Master sender God and Lord. I often asked "who is the wife of God" who delivered for Him a son. No one has been bold enough to mention a name. Yet no one has used his/her marbel to say that this man may not really be a son at all. I may have been wrong all along since God has no wife that I know of.

Tonye-t, now i ask you: Is Mary the wife of God Almighty God, Who you call Yahweh, Jehovah an Jesus called Him ELoi?

If not, then you need to quit saying Jesus is son of God. But call him what he say of himself; a servant of God Who sent him. Then after that, quit christianity and take your shahadah at the next masjid or from a muslim you meet around the way.
Re: The Bow And Arrow by Tonyet1(m): 9:29am On Aug 10, 2010
Nopuqeater,

Stop dilly-dallying you have not yet answered the question i asked first, at least for once be straight and bold else it'll make the whole thing look stu.pid. I am not going too far to try and start explaining the power of the Holy Spirit and how he indwelt Mariam.

You and I both know that Jesus was referenced as Isa in your Holy Quran. Maybe you dont know so let me try explaining it b4 i ask you my question.

Joshua is the root name after Hebrew, Jeshua is the name after Aramaic, Hisua or I'sa is the name after Arabic, while Jesus is the modern rendering from Greek. Hope you now see they both mean the same thing.

So when Quran spoke of Isa it means the same thing as Jesus, and your Quran called Him a spirit and not only that but a
SPIRIT THAT PROCEEDS FROM ALLAH (Ruhullah).

So i ask you again
, DO YOU AGREE WITH YOUR QURAN THAT ISA IS THE SPIRIT OF ALLAHsmiley pls answer me and stop digressing it connotes immaturitywink grin grin
Re: The Bow And Arrow by nopuqeater: 10:22pm On Aug 10, 2010
@Tonye-t: Is Isa bin Maryam described as Ruuhullah, among other names, like nabiyullah, etc? Yes.

Is Isa bin Maryam the only one with name that has Ruuh in it? No. Who else? Malaika Jibri.

Whats Malaika Jibril's name with Ruuh in it? RuuhQudus.

Who is also Ruuh? No one.

What is Ruuh? Spirit.

Is Ruuh used for anyone else? Yes.

Who? Everyone.

How? Allah says He breathed His Ruuh into Adam.

So is Adam part of Allah? No.

But Isa bin Maryam is part of Allah, then? No

Why is he not part of Allah? The same reason that Adam is not part of Allah.

What is that Ruuh from Allah that Jesus is called, except that he is part of Allah? This Ruuh that was breath into Adam, is the same that are in Man and the same that came forth from Allah as Isa bin Maryam. It is a created entity, while Allah is Uncreated, but the Creator, and He says in many verses and a complete Surah of Quran that He is Completely different from His creations, and nothing that is of Him is in the creation, which is different from Him.

For lack of your spiritual insight, I will illustrate this by some scientist commanding a robotic he designed to perform a function, duty. To the ignorant in this matter, he says that manual duty was performed by the scientist. But he has no insight that the scientist has employed the robot to for example sweep the floor, the rug.

The designer so did because he shows that he is superior to and it does not benefit his position as the chairman of say Apple Computer to sweep the floor, but better suited for something that he created.

In conclusion, Tonye-t, the Ruuh that goes to creation is created, it is with Allah for the purpose it is created for, and will return to Him when it separates from the lifeless body of the dead.

It will be returned to the body in the process of resurrection for the day of Judgement. Now thats the truth. If you have an explanation lets hear it, since Allah says nothing of Him is in the creation and nothing of creation is in Him.
Re: The Bow And Arrow by nopuqeater: 10:24pm On Aug 10, 2010
CAN TONYE-T now answer the position of Mary with Jehovah, Yahweh? We know Eloi is different from the lips of Jesus don of Mary who Eloi sent as a servant.
Re: The Bow And Arrow by Tonyet1(m): 4:24pm On Aug 23, 2010
Nopuqeater,

While you are still in disarray, i want us to ponder over this

- How come Muhammed was not reverenced as THE SPIRIT OF ALLAH?

- How come none of the prophets in Quran reverenced anyone as THE SPIRIT OF ALLAH?

- How come it was only Isa that was reverenced with that title - THE SPIRIT OF ALLAH?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your Quran said ONLY ALLAH has the power to give LIFE and that statement was strictly OBJECTIVE, meaning it was not subject to modification, also it meant that no other creature has the power to give LIFE except ONLY ALLAH

Now here is what Isa (Jesus) said according to your Quran

Sura 3:49 (AI-Imran) - (Jesus is speaking) "I bring you a sign from your Lord. From clay, I will make for you the likeness of a bird. I shall breathe into it and, by Allah's leave, it shall become a living bird. By Allah's leave, I shall give sight to the blind man, heal the leper and raise the dead to life

And other translations/ Translators of the Quran attested that this statement made by Isa came true, so how come Isa did what no other person could do? How come Isa did exactly what ALLAH had the power to do.

Only ALLAH gives LIFE in the quran
Only ISA gave LIFE in the quran

why is this so difficult for you to undertand?  undecided
Re: The Bow And Arrow by Tonyet1(m): 6:00pm On Aug 26, 2010
Mallam where you dey?! grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Having Dreams Where You Were Rejected By A Girl You Are About To Woo / ID CABASA Ordained To Be A Pastor At Global Impact Church / T.B. Joshua Is Not Of Jesus Christ , Even His People Are Aware - George Essien

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 206
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.