Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Excuse Me, Why Are The Yorubas So Dominance And Effective In 9ja & Abroad? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Excuse Me, Why Are The Yorubas So Dominance And Effective In 9ja & Abroad? (9701 Views)

Reasons The Igbo's Love The Yorubas So Much / The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... / Ifa - The True Religion Of The Yorubas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Excuse Me, Why Are The Yorubas So Dominance And Effective In 9ja & Abroad? by Abagworo(m): 12:33am On Aug 16, 2010
Ruq:

And WHO IS THAT FOOL! THAT SAID D'BANJ SINGS IN IGBO Because of "igwe" do you think you can communicate with him with igbo? He did that song with the help of don jazzy! Not the love for the language. But others can't help it but use it,can't you see Naeto-c "kini" big deal,Akomitipoju, D'prince-Omoba,even if it is one yoruba word they still use like Bigiano Shayo. The only person i like is Nigga raw he tries a lot with igbo,but still he did "Kogbadun" though- i like it when they speak it but people just like the yoruba way alot of tribes find it easier dressing like yorubas which is more interesting you seldom find yorubas dress the way others do may be for costume use sha! But me i dont fuckin care what you speak as far as you are Nigerian. That's why i like Chinamanda Achebe,Wole soyinka, Okocha,Oliver de coque cuz they boosted Naijas fame world wide! I fink yoruba and igbos remains the best in Naija because we have seen a lot of great people from them No Offense to tribes i still love you all Peace

most nigerian artists sing in igbo.9ice ''gbamu-gbamu'' has chineke omemma.id cabasa has a song called ofe owerri which was made in igbo.tuface african queen ended with nwunyem which means wife in igbo.chineke me is igbo.tile is igbo.nwantinti is igbo.o we is igbo.the most used word in nigerian music today is ''tile".which means to beat drums in igbo.i doubt if there is any successful nigerian artist without igbo words in his album.
Re: Excuse Me, Why Are The Yorubas So Dominance And Effective In 9ja & Abroad? by bashr4: 11:06am On Jan 11, 2011
am fed up with nairaland and ignorant people, yoruba is dominant in yoruba lands which include lagos, igbos is dominant in igbo land but hausa seems to be the most dominant language considering the population and the use of hausa in bbc . as for abroad i know igbo is more popualr in countries like u.s,canada, finland ,yoruba maybe be more popular in u.kand anyother place they have a high number of yoruba immigrants , this thread makes no sense.

music industry however use all the various languages and none can be said to be dominant ,artist that record in the west may use more of yoruba than others while artist that record in the east may use more of igbo. the first time i actually heard someone speaking yoruba is when i travelled to ogun state and lagos as a child besides that the languages i use to hear in the east wer igbo ,a little hause cause of various suya men security men and money exchanger which wer mostly from the north , and then efik/ibibio.
Re: Excuse Me, Why Are The Yorubas So Dominance And Effective In 9ja & Abroad? by excanny: 6:40pm On Jan 11, 2011
Sheer nonsensical arrogance. Pride goes before a fall.
Re: Excuse Me, Why Are The Yorubas So Dominance And Effective In 9ja & Abroad? by aljharem11(m): 6:51pm On Jan 11, 2011
^^^^^

gbammmm

well said
Re: Excuse Me, Why Are The Yorubas So Dominance And Effective In 9ja & Abroad? by cbravo(m): 8:07am On May 05, 2017
Re: Excuse Me, Why Are The Yorubas So Dominance And Effective In 9ja & Abroad? by cbravo3: 8:08am On May 05, 2017
Re: Excuse Me, Why Are The Yorubas So Dominance And Effective In 9ja & Abroad? by osazuwa23: 5:23am On May 26, 2020
igbo language is going extinct. The new generation of igbo people are not speaking there language and i no many here in the usa. you rarely find a yoruba or hausa not speaking his language
ezeagu:

Ehen, here they come!

Westernisation started on both fronts. It only seems like Yoruba is the fastest learnt because of Lagos, but in the East Igbo is dominant and in the North Hausa is dominant (including Abuja), just like in the Northeast Kanuri is dominant. Anybody talking about a certain ethnic groups and how it is "so dominance" in the whole of Nigeria, apart from the dominance of it's elites, is chatting trash.
Re: Excuse Me, Why Are The Yorubas So Dominance And Effective In 9ja & Abroad? by osazuwa23: 5:33am On May 26, 2020
igbo dialects are going extinct because most igbo millenials in the diaspora are not interested in it. ASk a igbo in the diaspora born and raised there to speak there language they cant i even no one igbo guy who was fob who came to the states who was speaking more yoruba then igbo undecided. yoruba put emphasis on nthere language even the one born abroad. Also you can never find a yoruba bearing english name like igbo who bear names like emmanuel joyce blessing monday
ezeagu:

No sorry you're talking rubbish as well, and you're relying on hearsay and stereotypes judging by the last sentence in your write up, which discredits everything you wrote. I don't know any other African language that is more recognised than Swahili, Yoruba or any other language doesn't come close to its popularity, so much so that people of different ethnic backgrounds adopt Swahili names like Keisha. Canada recognises both languages, please don't make up facts, all the countries you posted as being dominated by the Yoruba actually recognise the Igbo language, and many of the older generations of those countries recall and can remember the 'Ibos of the Biafran war', and by the way was it Yoruba speakers that the US Army encouraged to join their military? No, it was Igbo speakers, so you're wrong.
Re: Excuse Me, Why Are The Yorubas So Dominance And Effective In 9ja & Abroad? by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 28, 2020
paris10:

Just finished doing my research, The Hausa's dominate the political scenery (Abuja as their power seat) but lack world wide acceptance because of the violence associated with them. Majority of the other African states where Hausa is being spoken are Muslim speaking countries. Go to developed world, the first Nigerian or african language recognised by these people is the Yoruba language.

See I really don't care about where anyone of you comes from, just making a point. Even in United States where we have a large number of the Igbo people, Yoruba language is still well spoken and heard. Travel to the Uk, same thing, Canada, Australia, and most of the well organised countries, except ofcourse countries like Germany, India, China where the Igbos tend to find refuge (I heard its because of their dodgy business.)

Who language help? Stop trying to compensate yourself because you saw a little number of people in a bar or three to four groups of Yoruba walking at the street and you generalized sharply.
Re: Excuse Me, Why Are The Yorubas So Dominance And Effective In 9ja & Abroad? by Edeyoung: 8:23pm On May 28, 2020
paris10:
I might be wrong, but I doubt it! Kinda noticed that the Yoruba language is the most spoken language in Nigeria and abroad besides English lang. Don't know the population of this tribe, but boy, they're every where!

Even the Nollywood Igbo superstars tend to speak this language too. Saw some of them in some Yoruba movies; they're very fluent in speaking it. Back in London and the USA, their govts are proposing introducing this language to their syllabuses.

Again, I noticed that any Nigerian Artists that does'nt include Yoruba in the lyrics of their songs is like an accident waiting to happen. Although Timaya's got his own style, he's beginning to see why he must atleast put some of the Yoruba lyrics in his song.

Why Yoruba?

All this are npnsense rant

No envy to be your tribe...... I am edo by tribe and all your brothers keep running here to school to have a life.....

The sad reality is after the north yorubas takes the lead for the poorest people in nigeria

Outside nigeria you guys are seen as nigerians not as yorubas if they go than history lane you guys will be regarded as slaves for selling your people to the whitemen

Benin city is even know outside nigera than yoruba as a tribe......

The future have no place for yorubas onky if you all can see
Re: Excuse Me, Why Are The Yorubas So Dominance And Effective In 9ja & Abroad? by hayoholla(m): 10:41am On May 31, 2020
Ruq:
And WHO IS THAT FOOL! THAT SAID D'BANJ SINGS IN IGBO Because of "igwe" do you think you can communicate with him with igbo? He did that song with the help of don jazzy! Not the love for the language. But others can't help it but use it,can't you see Naeto-c "kini" big deal,Akomitipoju, D'prince-Omoba,even if it is one yoruba word they still use like Bigiano Shayo. The only person i like is Nigga raw he tries a lot with igbo,but still he did "Kogbadun" though- i like it when they speak it but people just like the yoruba way alot of tribes find it easier dressing like yorubas which is more interesting you seldom find yorubas dress the way others do may be for costume use sha! But me i dont fuckin care what you speak as far as you are Nigerian. That's why i like Chinamanda Achebe,Wole soyinka, Okocha,Oliver de coque cuz they boosted Naijas fame world wide! I fink yoruba and igbos remains the best in Naija because we have seen a lot of great people from them No Offense to tribes i still love you all Peace

Why did you call him a fool? angry
Re: Excuse Me, Why Are The Yorubas So Dominance And Effective In 9ja & Abroad? by hayoholla(m): 10:45am On May 31, 2020
Edeyoung:

All this are npnsense rant

No envy to be your tribe...... I am edo by tribe and all your brothers keep running here to school to have a life.....

The sad reality is after the north yorubas takes the lead for the poorest people in nigeria

Outside nigeria you guys are seen as nigerians not as yorubas if they go than history lane you guys will be regarded as slaves for selling your people to the whitemen

Benin city is even know outside nigera than yoruba as a tribe......

The future have no place for yorubas onky if you all can see

Alara ni ngbe ara e ga grin.
Re: Excuse Me, Why Are The Yorubas So Dominance And Effective In 9ja & Abroad? by Omartins365(m): 10:14am On Jun 08, 2020
Are you a writer, proof-reader, interpreter, teacher, student or just someone who works in Yorùbá Language?

Translate those figures and numbers to words in standard Yoruba Language at YorubaNumeral.com at no cost. 

It also aids learning the yoruba numbering system by providing detailed explanation for each number translated up to 25 billion. 

You all should check this site out YorubaNumeral.com

Just input your desired number and get the translation immediately.

Saves you a lot effort especially if you need to do this frequently

(1) (2) (Reply)

Proverbs And There Meaning In Itsekiri / Olorogun: Origin And How It Became Accepted In Urhoho/isoko / African Beauty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.