Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,562 members, 7,812,822 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

''Reflet De Lumière'': Optical Illusion By Vlisco - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / ''Reflet De Lumière'': Optical Illusion By Vlisco (3651 Views)

How To Identify Genuine Vlisco Wax Hollandais / Stunning Ankara Designs From Vlisco's New Collection / Vlisco Presents “Funky Grooves”! Lagos, Abuja & Port Harcourt Show Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

''Reflet De Lumière'': Optical Illusion By Vlisco by MissyB1(m): 3:06pm On Aug 02, 2010
''We'' are filled with immense excitement whenever a new Vlisco collection is unveiled. The new collection from Vlisco – Reflet de Lumière has just been released and we are tempted so say that this one is our favourite of the year thus far. While the first collection of the year, Tableau Vivant was very traditional, the second; Sparkling Grace was thoroughly modern and vibrant. The new collection, Reflet de Lumière is mysterious, sophisticated and dare we say, sensual. Vlisco also experiments with fabrics for this season by incorporating chiffon into this collection.

Vlisco takes colour to a higher level, bringing it to life with the new ‘Reflet de Lumière‘ fabric collection. The collection elucidates the disparity between silhouettes and movement with a colourful blurring effect. The designs create a surreal sense of structural forms, an illusion of architectural dimensions. This sensation is enhanced by the visual effect of morphing created by the interaction between shadows and the aura of coloured lights, merging to produce a graphical collection of unique fabrics.

Re: ''Reflet De Lumière'': Optical Illusion By Vlisco by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 02, 2010
Everything's hot!!! The model. . .hot, the ankara. . .hot, the pose. . .hot, the designs . . . hot e.t.c.

Hot, hot, hot. Would like to make my hair like that too. kiss
Re: ''Reflet De Lumière'': Optical Illusion By Vlisco by madlady(f): 5:12pm On Aug 02, 2010
@Missy B love the use of the contrasting colour fabric and the chiffon makes it look very Haute Couture.

This campaign looks very deep in shade, Autumn season undecided.

I am really looking forward to the next range,  I hope some black and white or monochrome will be included.

I  agree with @stillwater the model's hair looks gorgeous, thick and full of body, a nice change from flat iron straight hair, sooo cool.
Re: ''Reflet De Lumière'': Optical Illusion By Vlisco by dominique(f): 10:40pm On Aug 02, 2010
i like their prints but these ones are just not doing it for me. i'm trying to picture the fabrics as plain materials not as the flambouyant designs and i'm not sure i'm liking them undecided
Re: ''Reflet De Lumière'': Optical Illusion By Vlisco by MissyB1(m): 10:41pm On Aug 02, 2010
madlady:

@Missy B love the use of the contrasting colour fabric and the chiffon makes it look very Haute Couture.

This campaign looks very deep in shade, Autumn season undecided.

I am really looking forward to the next range,  I hope some black and white or monochrome will be included.

I  agree with @stillwater the model's hair looks gorgeous, thick and full of body, a nice change from flat iron straight hair, sooo cool.
stillwater:

Would like to make my hair like that too. kiss
Love the hair too. That's the next hairstyle for me. grin

Looking at the 8th pic, is it possible to have one's dress made that way?
Like- can it take that shape?
Re: ''Reflet De Lumière'': Optical Illusion By Vlisco by mamagee3(f): 12:41am On Aug 03, 2010
Missy B:

~I love this gown so much~
Re: ''Reflet De Lumière'': Optical Illusion By Vlisco by madlady(f): 6:47pm On Aug 03, 2010
Missy B:

Love the hair too. That's the next hairstyle for me. grin

[b]Looking at the 8th pic, is it possible to have one's dress made that way?[/b]Like- can it take that shape?

Yes, I can't remember the name of this technique, but I think a machine maybe used to achieve this finish.

I think it would be wearable if done on one shoulder, like the style shown in the picture, the skirt section looks more theatrical so may not be flattering in the flesh undecided

'

Re: ''Reflet De Lumière'': Optical Illusion By Vlisco by mukina2: 5:32pm On Aug 04, 2010
Iice's hair is as long as this lady's own shocked spooky shocked

Nice pics, beauriful model
Re: ''Reflet De Lumière'': Optical Illusion By Vlisco by DualCore1: 6:08pm On Aug 04, 2010
These things, are they to be worn once? I just dey ask o cuz I am not seeing the feasibility of Washing or Pressing these things.
Re: ''Reflet De Lumière'': Optical Illusion By Vlisco by mamagee3(f): 6:32pm On Aug 04, 2010
Missy B:

Her body is so flexible.
Re: ''Reflet De Lumière'': Optical Illusion By Vlisco by MissyB1(m): 11:22pm On Aug 04, 2010
madlady:

Yes, I can't remember the name of this technique, but I think a machine maybe used to achieve this finish.

I think it would be wearable if done on one shoulder, like the style shown in the picture, the skirt section looks more theatrical so may not be flattering in the flesh undecided

I wasn't talking about the Shoulder design. I meant the round bottom design.
Can one feel comfortable in that? Walk freely in it? shocked shocked  TBH . . . .I agree with Dual Core.

Dual Core:

These things, are they to be worn once? I just dey ask o  cuz I am not seeing the feasibility of Washing or Pressing these things.
Re: ''Reflet De Lumière'': Optical Illusion By Vlisco by spikedcylinder: 11:39am On Aug 05, 2010
I love all the pieces except that one with the odd tail. The model is stunning. Don't like the black make up though.
Re: ''Reflet De Lumière'': Optical Illusion By Vlisco by Nobody: 1:03am On Aug 06, 2010
mukina2:

Iice's hair is as long as this lady's own shocked spooky shocked

Nice pics, beauriful model

Really? She be winch? grin
Re: ''Reflet De Lumière'': Optical Illusion By Vlisco by mukina2: 11:16am On Aug 06, 2010
^
am dead serious smiley she nor be winch oh grin
Re: ''Reflet De Lumière'': Optical Illusion By Vlisco by Iranoladun(f): 4:38pm On Aug 11, 2010
@Miss B

The prints are so, so hot for me! Most of the design too! They can be adapted for everyday wear

I love most of the Vlisco prints that were display here. How can I get them in Lagos? How much?

(1) (Reply)

20+ 2018 LATEST FEMALE ANKARA Designs.(photos) / Zaron Lip Gloss Review / Recommend A Perfume For Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.