Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,595 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

A-team (the Movie) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / A-team (the Movie) (1061 Views)

3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! / The Movie Club / The Movie "300" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A-team (the Movie) by Shaunscot(m): 3:27pm On Aug 02, 2010
Anybody followed this series back in them days?
Well, I think the movie was cool (albeit some story flaws).
What do you think?
Re: A-team (the Movie) by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:31pm On Aug 02, 2010
[size=13pt]I am the biggest fan of "the A-Team"-series ever wandered on this planet! I still watch the DVD's. I just adore the series.

If you are going to see this movie while thinking you'd finally found out how the team got together. . . . .you're wrong. Because in the series, there is one black spot and that is how the team got together. How did they end up running for the authorities? In the first 25 minutes of the movie, I thought I finally go the answer. But while in the series the team was framed for robbing a bank, in the movie the team if framed for stealing money plates. In the series, the wanted persons are B.A., Hannibal and Fraceman. Murdock is there, to help the three in need. In the movie, they are all wanted. In the series, Dwight Schultz playing H.M. Murdock (his real first name is never revealed, although the rumor goes it is 'James' grin ) is the best character. In the movie, Quintin 'rampage' Jackson is by far the greatest actor of them all.

Now the good parts: the action scenes are well directed and sometimes great inventions. The dialogues are good; but none of them really remembers me of the series in the '80's. Jumping out of an airplane with e tank, hanging on parachutes is just a great invention. Better is, when the tank is only hanging on one parachute only and the team is threatened to smash back in earth. In order to make a soft landing, thy are shooting missiles on the earth. This is only one of the greater inventions in the script.

Favorite dialogue: BA (while sitting in the tank, hanging on only one parachute and crashing back on earth):"We're flying! I hate flying!" Murdock:"Technically, we're not flying" grin grin grin wink
[/size]
Re: A-team (the Movie) by Shaunscot(m): 6:14pm On Aug 06, 2010
lol Ogaga
Thats why I mentioned there were some story flaws (only people who watch the series will notice).
Anyways, still a good movie.
I'll definitely recommend it. wink
Re: A-team (the Movie) by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:15pm On Aug 13, 2010
[size=13pt]This really is one of the most absurd action movie, but that doesn't matter cause everything else is so cool and fun to watch.

Everyone of the cast did a great job but Murdock played by Sharlto Copley stood out the most for me. Almost every action in this is way over the top, but like I said it doesn't matter cause it's just so darn cool to watch.

It really isn't a clever film but watching the plan come together was still a lot of fun to watch. The main bad guy is played by Patrick Wilson and he played his role fine, he was obnoxious but not awkward in a bad way like the main villain from "The Losers". Good over the top action movie, sort of surprised there isn't a movie video game for this film yet grin . Would have made sense somewhat. wink
[/size]

Shaunscot:

lol Ogaga
Thats why I mentioned there were some story flaws (only people who watch the series will notice).

Shaunscot:

lol Ogaga
Re: A-team (the Movie) by iice(f): 8:39am On Aug 14, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

In the movie, Quintin 'rampage' Jackson is by far the greatest actor of them all.

Bwahahahahahahahahaha grin grin
I think my bro is gonna get an aneurysm from spasms of laughter. Oh dear lawd grin grin

I'm still thankful Rashad trashed rampage grin grin Now if Forrest can come and add his jara grin grin
I see an oscar for Raekwon bwhahahahahaha grin grin

Anyway really enjoyed the movie. Liam Neeson is still as formidable on screen now as he was back then. For some reason seeing him in this role brought back memories of him as Rob Roy. The tank flight was really funny. Murdock has always been my favorite. . .i get his madness. OVerall, it was entertaining and good pace of action. As Hannibal put it. . .overkill is underrated cheesy
Re: A-team (the Movie) by obinna5000(m): 10:09am On Aug 14, 2010
"The A-Team" was not bad sha. I'll give it 7/10.
Re: A-team (the Movie) by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:59am On Aug 14, 2010
[size=13pt]You know ? I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose darling. . . . grin grin grin grin grin wink

This movie is not for movie buffs who look for the meaning of life in films, but if a hilarious, well-acted, action-packed movie is your thing? I say go watch this now.

Story : Okay

Acting : Ranging from awesome to not bad kiss

Cast dynamics :Brilliant

Hilarity factor : Totally

Special Effects : Acceptable to meh at times

Duration : Long but I didn't feel it

Would watch again : YEAH. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

A film well worth watching. . . . . . . . . . . wink wink wink wink wink
[/size]

iice:

Bwahahahahahahahahaha grin grin
I think my bro is gonna get an aneurysm from spasms of laughter. Oh dear lawd grin grin

I'm still thankful Rashad trashed rampage grin grin Now if Forrest can come and add his jara grin grin
I see an oscar for Raekwon bwhahahahahaha grin grin

Anyway really enjoyed the movie. Liam Neeson is still as formidable on screen now as he was back then. For some reason seeing him in this role brought back memories of him as Rob Roy. The tank flight was really funny. Murdock has always been my favorite. . .i get his madness. OVerall, it was entertaining and good pace of action. As Hannibal put it. . .overkill is underrated cheesy

Re: A-team (the Movie) by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:03pm On Aug 14, 2010
[size=13pt]Obinna i was thinking you would rate em 10/ 10 grin grin . . . . surprise!!! shocked shocked shocked

but. . .huh - what happened to the remaining 3 ? wink
[/size]

obinna5000:

"The A-Team" was not bad sha. I'll give it 7/10.
Re: A-team (the Movie) by iice(f): 12:52pm On Aug 14, 2010
There is always some meaning of life in movies. One just needs to know what the meaning is. Though it ranges from a drop to an ocean cheesy
People who don't enjoy action shouldn't see it.
Re: A-team (the Movie) by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:43pm On Aug 14, 2010
[size=13pt]That's true darling. . . . nice one but too sad most people don't know this. grin grin grin wink[/size]

iice:

There is always some meaning of life in movies. One just needs to know what the meaning is. Though it ranges from a drop to an ocean cheesy
People who don't enjoy action shouldn't see it.

Re: A-team (the Movie) by obinna5000(m): 10:59pm On Aug 14, 2010
At least, "The A-Team" is better than that yeye film "The Losers".
Re: A-team (the Movie) by vescucci(m): 12:47am On Aug 15, 2010
Lol. You people sef. Can't you rate a film based solely on what it set out to do? I don't have to like a film to give it a good rating. Knight and Day, for instance, doesn't really stay on either side of action, romance or comedy. It was thus a little annoying for me. A-Team was AWESOME because it was what it was meant to be. If you're laughing half of a horror film, obviously you're enjoying yourself but that makes the horror film a stupid movie.

Capisci?
Re: A-team (the Movie) by kantata4u: 1:05pm On Aug 15, 2010
this movie made my year.
Re: A-team (the Movie) by iice(f): 1:10pm On Aug 15, 2010
I actually liked the losers. . .
Re: A-team (the Movie) by kantata4u: 3:52pm On Aug 15, 2010
the losers was kinda messed up.
Re: A-team (the Movie) by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:31pm On Dec 23, 2010
[size=13pt]Me too. . . . grin[/size]

iice:

I actually liked the losers. . .
Re: A-team (the Movie) by vescucci(m): 9:39pm On Dec 23, 2010
This thread confuses me now
Re: A-team (the Movie) by iice(f): 7:47am On Dec 24, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Me too. . . . grin[/size]

Good for those days you wan over the top, nonstop action.

(1) (Reply)

P Square Chop My Money From A White Boy Perspective / Wow, Check This Out, Crazy Naija Show (the Humour Is Sick) / Heroes And Zeroes Movie Hits Ghanaian Cinema Before Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.