Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,468 members, 7,836,854 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Police Receive 104,289 Applications For 10,000 Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Police Receive 104,289 Applications For 10,000 Jobs (8460 Views)

ECOWAS Graduates Officer Recruitment (USD 89,289.87/Annum) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Receive 104,289 Applications For 10,000 Jobs by crownwealth: 8:21am On Dec 12, 2018
Signs of huge unemployment in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Police Receive 104,289 Applications For 10,000 Jobs by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 12, 2018
murphyibiam15:

what are you now saying in essence.. usually states have quota to be taking and assuming is 100 per state what happens to the numerous thousands remaining from the north

You can only see the enthusiasm these people have shown towards the job. This quota system is killing us.
Re: Police Receive 104,289 Applications For 10,000 Jobs by Iziquiel(m): 8:28am On Dec 12, 2018
writerights:

When you find them heading all forces, some would begin to cry margnalization. Can you see the clear difference?
Thank you bro, I wanted to reply that guy but decided not to because from what he said it would be a waste of time trying to talk some senses into him. The South cries of marginalisation yet they don't want to enroll in the Federal civil service or Armed Forces but would cry blue murder when these Northerners are appointed as Directors and Service Chiefs.

2 Likes

Re: Police Receive 104,289 Applications For 10,000 Jobs by Banter1(m): 8:28am On Dec 12, 2018
And Civil defence is compiling list currently for recruitment, and then they will open their portal and ask people to go and apply after they have already choose the people they want to recruit.
Re: Police Receive 104,289 Applications For 10,000 Jobs by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 12, 2018
Iziquiel:

Thank you bro, I wanted to reply that guy but decided not to because from what he said it would be a waste of time trying to talk some senses into him. The South cries of marginalisation yet they don't want to enroll in the Federal civil service or Armed Forces but would cry blue murder when these Northerners are appointed as Directors and Service Chiefs.

Many people are to emotional with the truth. Glad you aren't one of them.

1 Like

Re: Police Receive 104,289 Applications For 10,000 Jobs by Banter1(m): 8:32am On Dec 12, 2018
Skirmishes:
The top 5 highest applied states are Core NORTH.. Niger, kano, katsina, bauchi, sokoto etc, applying in their thousands compared to the least applied states in the south like lagos, imo, ebonyi etc. These northern people there are suffering, unemployed and in abject poverty, but they keep shouting Sai baba up and down.

Zombiesm
Niger State is not a core North nigga.
Re: Police Receive 104,289 Applications For 10,000 Jobs by Foodforthought: 8:39am On Dec 12, 2018
writerights:

When you find them heading all forces, some would begin to cry margnalization. Can you see the clear difference?
Please if you don't know what to comment ,just read and pass...Do you know the population of northern states compared to those of the south? 1% of Niger has to be bigger than 1% of bayelsa...it's not about being unwilling. Go check how the last police recruitment went
Re: Police Receive 104,289 Applications For 10,000 Jobs by theoldpretender(m): 8:41am On Dec 12, 2018
writerights:

Exactly.

The other day, the Emir of Kano's son graduated from Police college.

Meanwhile, if any traditional ruler's son or daughter tries to join Police force...am sure they will be shouting at the person for not going to university.

Sometimes, Southerners create problem for themselves.
Re: Police Receive 104,289 Applications For 10,000 Jobs by murphyibiam15(m): 8:42am On Dec 12, 2018
writerights:

You can only see the enthusiasm these people have shown towards the job. This quota system is killing us.
that's the problem..it affects everyone..if not everyone will benefit
Re: Police Receive 104,289 Applications For 10,000 Jobs by consultancy: 8:44am On Dec 12, 2018
fair enough. 104,289 applications for 10,000 jobs. unlike some sectors where there are over 200,000 applications for just 2,000 jobs
Re: Police Receive 104,289 Applications For 10,000 Jobs by theoldpretender(m): 8:46am On Dec 12, 2018
Foodforthought:

Please if you don't know what to comment ,just read and pass...Do you know the population of northern states compared to those of the south? 1% of Niger has to be bigger than 1% of bayelsa...it's not about being unwilling. Go check how the last police recruitment went

Yeah...we know the population.

But the thing is, if Southern people don't get the numbers in to the police force...how then can our politicians, our people in the force , fight on our behalf? When most of us are not interested.

Back in the run up to independence, many Northerners and Middle Belters joined the army. Southerners meanwhile scorned those of our number who joined the army. See where it led us.

Emir of Kano's son is a police officer. If the son of a Southerner traditional ruler tries to join...I bet you his people will try to stop him.

Anyway...thanks to Federal character.and high numbers..most of the Northerners would get rejected
Re: Police Receive 104,289 Applications For 10,000 Jobs by Foodforthought: 8:46am On Dec 12, 2018
Offpoint:
Nigerians are the most hypocritical human in the entire universe. I believe those numbers are Ghanaians, not Nigerians.

They claimed the hate police yet look at the numbers applying for it. Same way Nigerians Girls claimed they hate distance relationship, but love distance money transfer.
That people criticise police for questionable behaviour which they are right to do does not mean they won't take the job. You guys don't know the meaning of hypocrisy. People take what is available, there is massive unemployment just to get a source of livelihood. It don't mean they all like the job.
If there are many other opportunities most persons wouldn't think of police, trust me
Re: Police Receive 104,289 Applications For 10,000 Jobs by Foodforthought: 8:48am On Dec 12, 2018
theoldpretender:

Yeah...we know the population.

But the thing is, if Southern people don't get the numbers in to the police force...how then can our politicians, our people in the force , fight on our behalf? When most of us are not interested.

Back in the run up to independence, many Northerners and Middle Belters joined the army. Southerners meanwhile scorned those of our number who joined the army. See where it led us.

Emir of Kano's son is a police officer. If the son of a Southerner traditional ruler tries to join...I bet you his people will try to stop him.

Anyway...thanks to Federal character.and high numbers..most of the Northerners would get rejected
True...I must admit
Re: Police Receive 104,289 Applications For 10,000 Jobs by thesicilian: 8:52am On Dec 12, 2018
taiocol:

So because I don't like beans and it's the only food available I should not eat?
Eating beans you don't like because it's the only food available is not the issue. It is when you eat beans in private and now come to the open to campaign against it that is the problem.
Re: Police Receive 104,289 Applications For 10,000 Jobs by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 12, 2018
writerights:

Such ASP must have been through it at one point or the other too except he got in as cadet inspector.

So you actually think entering as a recruit will allow you to stylishly be promoted to ASP, DSP, SP & CSP if you pulled out your degree & MSc certs you hid during registration grin

I soo pity you grin

Assuming you don't get destroyed by frustration, Fulani herdmen & boko boys. With that trick, it will take them years to accept ur certs to consider you for promotion. Though getting in as a graduate is harder, but it's the best approach in terms of career advancement.

Trust me, I know people who tried that trick both in army & police, some of them took 10 years before they were upgraded while them colleagues who got in with a degree are already DSP ranks , captains in the army
Re: Police Receive 104,289 Applications For 10,000 Jobs by naijapips04: 9:06am On Dec 12, 2018
thesicilian:

Most people are hypocrites by nature

Shut up...where u see jobs? People would apply to anything as long as it would put good on their table. There are no jobs anywhere.
Re: Police Receive 104,289 Applications For 10,000 Jobs by thesicilian: 9:14am On Dec 12, 2018
naijapips04:

Shut up... where u see jobs? People would apply to anything as long as it would put good on their table. There are no jobs anywhere.
?
Re: Police Receive 104,289 Applications For 10,000 Jobs by freethesheeple(m): 9:48am On Dec 12, 2018
2Ebisco:
The Police Service Commission (PSC) on Tuesday said it has received 104,289 applications from Nigerians who want employment into the Nigeria Police Force as Constables.

The spokesman of the PSC, Ikechukwu Ani, in a statement said, “this is just twelve days after the Commission’s Recruitment Portal was opened on November 30th, 2018.”

He said: “The applications hit this figure as at 11.30am today, Tuesday, December 11th, 2018. The portal will officially close on the 11th of January, 2019 in compliance with the six weeks requirement by Federal Character Commission.

“Niger State has the highest number of applicants at 7,985 while Bayelsa State has the least applications of 347. Kano State is second with 7,513, Katsina came third with 6,820; Bauchi fourth with 6,204 and Kaduna State fifth with 5,729 applicants.

“Following Bayelsa from the rear, is Lagos State with only 516 applicants, Ebonyi State is next with 600, Anambra State, 605, Abia State, 733 and Imo State with 870 applicants.

“Out of the 104,289 applications received so far by the Commission, 93,871 were males while 10,418 were females.

“The Commission restates its commitment to ensure a merit-driven and transparent recruitment exercise that will follow due process and abide with the relevant rules and regulations in the Public Service.

“Applicants are warned not to give money to anybody for assistance as the giver and receiver, if caught, will face the full weight of the law.

“Applicants are required to apply on-line to the Commission’s portal www.nigeriapolicecareers.net and applications are free. This is for the benefit of other interested applicants. They are only required to fill the form online and also submit it online,” the PSC statement said.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/12/police-receive-104289-applications-for-10000-jobs/

Any Nigerian Youth Looking for a Federal Job is Lazy
Re: Police Receive 104,289 Applications For 10,000 Jobs by Evidenx(m): 9:49am On Dec 12, 2018
taiocol:

So because I don't like beans and it's the only food available I should not eat?
thats why nigeria police can never be good,becos people join becos of unemployment,and back in america people join the police out of passion for the Job,and they are ready to die serving...
Re: Police Receive 104,289 Applications For 10,000 Jobs by IJEYdiamond(f): 9:54am On Dec 12, 2018
Its well with our Nation.

LIFEINBLOCK.
Lifeinblock is bringing this opportunity for individuals to know about what is happening in the Digital world(Era)
called Blockchain Technology..

What Blockchain Technology is about....
What lifeinblock is about, its benefits
And how you can join... The securities in
Lifeinblock

Its all happening on the 13th of December 2018,10am@Gabriel akinmade Plaza empowerment centre 2 Allen Avenue off toyin Street.

For more enquiries. .
Call Stella 09093609072.

Visit www.lifeinblockinc.com.
Re: Police Receive 104,289 Applications For 10,000 Jobs by ylaa(f): 9:59am On Dec 12, 2018
he is gone already.

priest54:
Hmmmm,hope it wouldn't be another lopsided recruitment.Buhari must go
Re: Police Receive 104,289 Applications For 10,000 Jobs by Ben4sure(m): 10:12am On Dec 12, 2018
Na wa ooo!!! Things have become so difficult that people are now rushing the so called 'irresponsible' job.
May God deliver this nation embarassed
Re: Police Receive 104,289 Applications For 10,000 Jobs by baratech: 10:39am On Dec 12, 2018
Okay
Re: Police Receive 104,289 Applications For 10,000 Jobs by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 12, 2018
Applicants are more than the job spaces. This na police wey ppl dey bash everybody and ppl dey swear say dem no go join na im dey jus rushcheesy. Unemployment is at its highest peak in d country. Jubril do something.
Re: Police Receive 104,289 Applications For 10,000 Jobs by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 12, 2018
millionboi2:
Wahala

Ordinary police ooooo
ordinary police? Do u know how much they collect from rogering in a daycheesy
Re: Police Receive 104,289 Applications For 10,000 Jobs by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 12, 2018
Foodforthought:

So what about Lagos? Population of 22 million, many of who are claiming Lagosian even with certificate. Just read and pass my comment please.
Re: Police Receive 104,289 Applications For 10,000 Jobs by Foodforthought: 12:39pm On Dec 12, 2018
writerights:

So what about Lagos? Population of 22 million, many of who are claiming Lagosian even with certificate. Just read and pass my comment please.
You will fall into trouble soon...who told you Lagos population is 22 million? There are many Nigerians like you who just drop numbers and statements to buttress imaginary facts. Pls cool down on ur exaggerations abeg. I have read and passed ur comment. Have a nice day
Re: Police Receive 104,289 Applications For 10,000 Jobs by Ayobami7(m): 1:52pm On Dec 12, 2018
目前这比分晋级
Re: Police Receive 104,289 Applications For 10,000 Jobs by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 12, 2018
Foodforthought:

You will fall into trouble soon...who told you Lagos population is 22 million? There are many Nigerians like you who just drop numbers and statements to buttress imaginary facts. Pls cool down on ur exaggerations abeg. I have read and passed ur comment. Have a nice day

You don't know anything and you still don't want to learn. A simple google search would have enlightened you a bit. A source recently said it stands at 23 million presently but can't waste time looking for that.

Re: Police Receive 104,289 Applications For 10,000 Jobs by Ayobami7(m): 2:10pm On Dec 12, 2018
Noted
Re: Police Receive 104,289 Applications For 10,000 Jobs by Foodforthought: 4:06pm On Dec 12, 2018
writerights:

You don't know anything and you still don't want to learn. A simple google search would have enlightened you a bit. A source recently said it stands at 23 million presently but can't waste time looking for that.
I said have a nice day
Re: Police Receive 104,289 Applications For 10,000 Jobs by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 12, 2018
Foodforthought:

I said have a nice day
Sure, you too. And while you do, be humble enough to learn.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NNPC PORTAL, How To Compress Ur Document To 150kb Or Less As Required / Landmark Corporate Realty Limited Fresh Job Recruitment (5 Positions) / Topic removed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.