Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,973 members, 7,814,306 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Abolaji Onafuye convicted for lying that his family died in Grenfell Tower fire - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Abolaji Onafuye convicted for lying that his family died in Grenfell Tower fire (24135 Views)

Yahoo Boy Corper Convicted For $150 Fraud / Poly Student Convicted For $1,500 Yahoo Fraud In Enugu (Photo) / Fiona Onasanya Jailed For Three Months For Lying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abolaji Onafuye convicted for lying that his family died in Grenfell Tower fire by dably: 7:22am On Dec 12, 2018
A Nigerian fraudster who claimed his sister and nephew died in the Grenfell Tower fire to secure accommodation and more than £40,000, has been convicted of fraud in the U.K.
Abolaji Onafuye, 54, claimed the cash after telling volunteers he was related to two real victims of the fire. He was put up in a hotel for nearly a year before being moved to a flat. .
The convict denied fraud, but was convicted at Isleworth Crown Court of two counts of frauds by false representation. He is due to be sentenced on 18 December. .
The 14 June 2017 fire in Kensington, killed 72 people. Prosecutor Michael Phillips, said: "Abolaji Onafuye had no connections to the Grenfell Tower tragedy but saw an opportunity to benefit himself, both financially and with accommodation. .
Our prosecution was able to prove he had repeatedly and intentionally lied and that his post-arrest story that it had all been an innocent mistake was just an attempt to escape the consequences of his cruel deception."

See more here - https://gistmore.com/nigerian-man-convicted-for-lying-that-his-family-died-in-grenfell-tower-fire

5 Likes

Re: Abolaji Onafuye convicted for lying that his family died in Grenfell Tower fire by dably: 7:22am On Dec 12, 2018
sad
Re: Abolaji Onafuye convicted for lying that his family died in Grenfell Tower fire by Mutemenot(m): 7:28am On Dec 12, 2018
Yoruba Amaka home and abroad cheesy

126 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abolaji Onafuye convicted for lying that his family died in Grenfell Tower fire by hisgrace090: 7:45am On Dec 12, 2018
Don't start what you cannot end well.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abolaji Onafuye convicted for lying that his family died in Grenfell Tower fire by kachi19: 8:05am On Dec 12, 2018
It's quite actually amazing how dumb some people are. It can only be a Nigerian; always grabbing opportunities by the pvssy grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abolaji Onafuye convicted for lying that his family died in Grenfell Tower fire by Xisnin(m): 10:22am On Dec 12, 2018
He doesn't look poor, I wonder why he had to lie.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abolaji Onafuye convicted for lying that his family died in Grenfell Tower fire by Liliyann(f): 10:40am On Dec 12, 2018
Our Oduduwa bloders keep disglacing us!!
Yoluba Amaka

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abolaji Onafuye convicted for lying that his family died in Grenfell Tower fire by miqos02(m): 10:44am On Dec 12, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Abolaji Onafuye convicted for lying that his family died in Grenfell Tower fire by Uyiii: 10:44am On Dec 12, 2018
when I say A, you say J.

me: A (2x)

response: J (2x)

Together: AFONJAaaaa!!! !!!!!!!!wink

111 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Abolaji Onafuye convicted for lying that his family died in Grenfell Tower fire by dynicks(m): 10:44am On Dec 12, 2018
Sophistication taken oversees...

Someone please spell that name for me while i jot it down.....A...b...o...l...a...j....i..

Name noted..

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abolaji Onafuye convicted for lying that his family died in Grenfell Tower fire by Whothecapfits: 10:45am On Dec 12, 2018
Representing PDP London

2 Likes

Re: Abolaji Onafuye convicted for lying that his family died in Grenfell Tower fire by davillian(m): 10:45am On Dec 12, 2018
Its our work o
Soft work.
Re: Abolaji Onafuye convicted for lying that his family died in Grenfell Tower fire by BruncleZuma: 10:45am On Dec 12, 2018
And another blot on the records for well meaning Nigerians in the diaspora to clean up.

4 Likes

Re: Abolaji Onafuye convicted for lying that his family died in Grenfell Tower fire by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 12, 2018
grin

2 Likes

Re: Abolaji Onafuye convicted for lying that his family died in Grenfell Tower fire by obafemi04(m): 10:45am On Dec 12, 2018
Some persons are just dumb with their sense of reasoning. How could he possibly tell such a blatant lies to a well established and coordinated authority? Maybe he thought it was in Nigeria where we hardly carryout thorough investigation.

5 Likes

Re: Abolaji Onafuye convicted for lying that his family died in Grenfell Tower fire by Metuh: 10:46am On Dec 12, 2018
Afolabi Onafraudye. Well-done sir.

May you rot in jail idiat.

3 Likes

Re: Abolaji Onafuye convicted for lying that his family died in Grenfell Tower fire by smoke9910(m): 10:46am On Dec 12, 2018
Nigerians and fraud. It flows in the blood no matter his geographical location. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Abolaji Onafuye convicted for lying that his family died in Grenfell Tower fire by obowunmi98: 10:46am On Dec 12, 2018
10 WAYS LADIES ACT TO AVOID SEX WHEN THEY VISIT GUYS - MUST READ

READ HERE :

https://thomasblog090..com/2018/12/10-funny-ways-ladies-act-to-avoid.html

Re: Abolaji Onafuye convicted for lying that his family died in Grenfell Tower fire by bluecircle470: 10:46am On Dec 12, 2018
Xisnin:

Probably he’s been doing scam all his life...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abolaji Onafuye convicted for lying that his family died in Grenfell Tower fire by Peacemaker5128: 10:46am On Dec 12, 2018
Culprit is not our "blother"

2 Likes

Re: Abolaji Onafuye convicted for lying that his family died in Grenfell Tower fire by veacea: 10:46am On Dec 12, 2018
Haha
Re: Abolaji Onafuye convicted for lying that his family died in Grenfell Tower fire by Righteousness89(m): 10:47am On Dec 12, 2018
Abolaji!!!!!

I didn't say Anything...

Men are Running in to do the Talking..

24 Likes

Re: Abolaji Onafuye convicted for lying that his family died in Grenfell Tower fire by mushystuff: 10:47am On Dec 12, 2018
Innocent mistake kwa? As in him no know him family people abi wetin? He was feeling like one smart opportunist. Now he's been caught in his baseless lies.

5 Likes

Re: Abolaji Onafuye convicted for lying that his family died in Grenfell Tower fire by davillian(m): 10:47am On Dec 12, 2018
Uyiii:
when I say A, you say J.

me: A (2x)

response: J (2x)

Together: AFONJAaaaa!!! !!!!!!!!wink
Together its AAJJ.
You well so

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abolaji Onafuye convicted for lying that his family died in Grenfell Tower fire by Dottore: 10:47am On Dec 12, 2018
Afoooonjjaaaaaaa

1 Like

Re: Abolaji Onafuye convicted for lying that his family died in Grenfell Tower fire by Rebuke: 10:48am On Dec 12, 2018
While lie is running around as fast as it can, the truth is always busy wearing it's glasses.....only to fly and catch up like a dream.
Re: Abolaji Onafuye convicted for lying that his family died in Grenfell Tower fire by JubrilBuhari: 10:48am On Dec 12, 2018
Xisnin:
Cos it's their culture.
Afonja head slammers lie about everything...

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Panic As Gunmen Kill Siblings In Imo / I Derive Pleasure In Stealing – Suspect (photo) / Babagana Abba Dalori: EFCC Arraigns Galaxy Boss On Fresh N95m Fraud Charge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.