Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,218 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

How To Check On Your Friends During Tough Times—without Burning Out - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Check On Your Friends During Tough Times—without Burning Out (293 Views)

Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% / Sokoto University Student Suffers Miscarriage After Jumping From Burning Hostel / IMSU Goes Tough On Indecent Dressing; See What Was Done To A Defaulting Student. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Check On Your Friends During Tough Times—without Burning Out by VirtueDigest: 1:33pm On Dec 12, 2018
A common theme on self-care social media—especially in light of recent triggering and difficult tragedies: Check in on your strong friends.

It’s an important message, but following through can be a little tougher than it sounds.

You might worry about embarrassing your friends by asking how they’re doing, or concerned you’ll exacerbate whatever they’re feeling. You may be unsure of the best way to reach out—is a text too casual? When does something warrant a phone call? Facetime? A face-to-face chat? And if you do make contact, you’ll probably find yourself tongue-tied. Plus, you have yourself to worry about.

It’s enough to make anyone’s head spin—and stop short of reaching out. And it’s true, checking in requires a little thought and planning. But with a solid strategy in place, you can support those around you while keeping your own wellbeing in mind.

Here, how to take the first steps.

START WITH A TEXT
If you’re not sure where to begin, copy a message that writer Danielle Sepulveres received:

“Hey friend, I hope you’re taking care of yourself!”

Coupled with a few heart emoji, it shows you’re thinking about your pal, concerned for their wellbeing, and open to a conversation.

“I smiled at (the text) and for the first time that day, I realized that I hadn’t actually taken a minute for myself,” writes Sepulveres. “I’d been wrapped up working all day, then doing laundry, then becoming increasingly depressed and infuriated by some of the top news stories, and I realized I was completely exhausted.”

If nothing else, you’ll remind your friend that they have someone in their corner...Read More at https://www.virtuedigest.com/how-to-check-on-your-friends-during-tough-times-without-burning-out/
Re: How To Check On Your Friends During Tough Times—without Burning Out by thesicilian: 1:44pm On Dec 12, 2018
An uncommon kind of article. Kudos, OP.
Re: How To Check On Your Friends During Tough Times—without Burning Out by macnino399: 12:11pm On Dec 14, 2018
A unique line of thought. .. Well done

(1) (Reply)

Online Engineering And CDR Assignment Help Services In Australia / When To Expect University Of Ilorin Direct Entry Form / How To Make 170k By Locally Making Air Freshener

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.