Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

By His Stripes You Are Healed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / By His Stripes You Are Healed (756 Views)

Baby With Heart Condition Completely Healed. See Photos + Testimony / If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not / Black Jesus, Nigeria Jesus - By His Stripes You Are Healed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

By His Stripes You Are Healed by FrankB1: 11:34pm On Aug 02, 2010
A lot of people see healing as something God has to do, but healing is something that you receive.  The scripture says "By whose stripes you were healed" (1Peter 2:24).  That is not a promise, a promise would put healing in the future.  God is informing you of something that has been done that's why He states healing as something done.  In the Old Testament to atone for the peoples sins they would offer to God a blood sacrifice for atonement and the sickness would be removed.  Well, Jesus was our sacrifice that's why Isaiah 53:4,5 says "And with his stripes we are healed."  Healing is something already done.

Now here's where people miss it, they rely more on what there body tells them than the word of God.  In Psalms 107:20 it says "He sent his word and healed them."  How did God heal them by his word.  Now let's look at Jesus and see how he healed, in Luke 17:12-14 ten lepords came to Jesus for healing and Jesus told them "Go show yourselves unto the priest."  Now understand the only reason people showed themselves to the priest in those days was so the priest would pronounce them clean for them to be able to go in public.  Now, here we see Jesus sending them to the priest while they were still lepords, what was Jesus doing He was calling them clean.  They didn't look any different, they didn't feel any different, but they put their faith in Jesus words and not their body.  And as they went they were cleansed.  Notice once Jesus pronounced them cleanJesus saw it as done and it was up to them to believe and receive.

God sees you as healed right now and when you believeyou're healed inspite of what your body is telling you then you are ready to receive your healing.  Now how can you receive healing look at Proverbs 4:20-23 My son attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.  Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.  For they are life unto those that find them and health to all their flesh.  Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.  What does that mean, Jesus said somethng in the parable of the sower in Mark 4, in that parable Jesus compares your heart(spirit) to soil and God's word to seed.  That's why the scripture says to keep your heart with all diligence because the seeds you sow is what you will reap.  But, that seed has to be sown in good ground and the good ground is when a person hears the word and receives it (Mark 4:20).  The Apostle Paul said something in 1Corinthians 3:6 he said I planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.  The first time you hear the word seed is planted after the seed is planted each time you hear the seed is being watered.

Through constant meditation and confession of God's word you water the seed sown.  Notice in Proverbs 4 he said incline thine ear unto my sayings.  Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.  That is constant meditation and confession.  And by constant meditation and confession his words are health(medicine) to all your flesh.  God says in Isaiah 55:10,11 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater.  So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth:  it shall not return unto my void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereunto I sent it.  See, constantly speaking God's word maketh the earth(heart) bring forth.  The sowing of the seed "By his stripes I am healed" and the watering of it will bring forth a harvest of healing.

I have a personal experience with this because I have applied these scriptures to myself and I have received healing on several occasions and it's my hope that others will also.  By constant meditation and confession of God's word I received healing and I am still healed.  When I learned these truths I applied them for myself and in a matter of months I was totally healed.

Other reference scriptures:
Proverbs 3:8
Proverbs 12:18
Proverbs 16:24

(1) (Reply)

Help Me I Trust To Easily / Judgment Day? No Way! What's Behind the May 21, 2011, End-of-the-World Rumors R / Riches and the Eye of the Camel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.