Stats: 3,158,354 members, 7,836,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Why Wike Stopped Wizkid's Concert In Port-harcourt From Liberation Stadium - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Wike Stopped Wizkid's Concert In Port-harcourt From Liberation Stadium (46334 Views)

Fans faint at Wizkid concert in Ivory Coast (video) / Wizkid Signs AHMED, Kid Rapper To Starboy, Gives Him N10m At Wizkid Concert / Poor Attendance At Wizkid's Concert In Botswana (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why Wike Stopped Wizkid's Concert In Port-harcourt From Liberation Stadium by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 13, 2018
A PDP governor becomes authoritarian; but these PDP pigs will twist every topic not in their favor. One day they'll turn themselves to pretzels just to defend an argument. grin
Re: Why Wike Stopped Wizkid's Concert In Port-harcourt From Liberation Stadium by MrSly(m): 11:20am On Dec 13, 2018
obembet:
Everything in 9ja na politics.

ONLY FOOL SEE APC/PDP AS SOLUTION TO NIGERIA PROBLEM.

SAY NO TO PDP/APC.

I wish we could. APC/PDP are almost the same but PDP is always better, at least they produce candidates that are learned unlike the dullard in Aso rock. If we all distribute our votes to various party, APC will have advantage; more reason why we should all concentrate our votes in PDP to oust this failed and murderous government.
Re: Why Wike Stopped Wizkid's Concert In Port-harcourt From Liberation Stadium by toolovely(m): 11:20am On Dec 13, 2018
Mophasa:
Meanwhile Davido is set to used the newly state constructed port-harcourt pleasure park for his plugged concert on sunday

Davido had same concert last year. so this is not the first time he's having his concert in the pleasure park
Re: Why Wike Stopped Wizkid's Concert In Port-harcourt From Liberation Stadium by mapet: 11:24am On Dec 13, 2018
Mophasa:

The less than 3'000 capacity Port-harcourt polo club was then choosed as the new venue.

https://www.viewsnaija.com/2018/12/exclusivereal-reason-why-wizkids-port.html?m=1

Bloggers...... hmmnnnn
Re: Why Wike Stopped Wizkid's Concert In Port-harcourt From Liberation Stadium by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 13, 2018
almakiyyun:
Imaging Crowd waiting to welcome drug addict, consumer of gutter sewage, smoker and thug, I weep for my generation....

Wike did a good job cancelling the concert.

Re: Why Wike Stopped Wizkid's Concert In Port-harcourt From Liberation Stadium by Tapout(m): 11:27am On Dec 13, 2018
i don't get, if it's for charity, why is he still being paid... Meanwhile how much was mister 2kay paid?? sad
Re: Why Wike Stopped Wizkid's Concert In Port-harcourt From Liberation Stadium by Billionaire09: 11:44am On Dec 13, 2018
#FreeBiafranJewish.

No Nigeria elections in Biafraland.

Injustice to one Jewish is injustices to all Jewish

#FreeBiafranJewish

#FreeBiafrans

#BiafraMustBeFree.
Re: Why Wike Stopped Wizkid's Concert In Port-harcourt From Liberation Stadium by BarrElChapo(m): 12:05pm On Dec 13, 2018
lipsrsealed Mumu spotted
Juliusmalema:
Wizkid should go back and campaign in ajegunle with his apc brain...

Please na Davido we need ooooooo
Re: Why Wike Stopped Wizkid's Concert In Port-harcourt From Liberation Stadium by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 13, 2018
BarrElChapo:
Mumu spotted
:-XMumu spotted

The greatest mumu is awolowo...on rat poison.
Re: Why Wike Stopped Wizkid's Concert In Port-harcourt From Liberation Stadium by jice(m): 12:50pm On Dec 13, 2018
Mophasa:
Starboy CEO Wizkid and Grafton record's Mr 2Kay were scheduled to host a charity concert titled "God can bless anybody" in the garden city of Port-harcourt on the 14th of december 2018 at the yakubu Gowon international stadium formerly known as Liberation Stadium.

The supposed charity event was been funded by the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) which allegedly gave a huge undisclosed amount of money to host the concert.

Wizkid who is set to headline the event was allegedly paid a whopping N30M as his appearance fee and that of his crew.
The show promoters(MMM Boss) then approached the Rivers state government to use the huge capacity Yakubu Gowon international stadium for the concert and it was given out to them free of charge.
The dates and venue of the event was fixed and preparations were already in top gear.

However,few days to the event, it was reported from some quarters that the All progressives congress (APC) were planning to use the concert as a campaign vehicle.

Recall that the major financiers of the Charity concert is the All progressives congress (APC) Led Federal Government owned NDDC .

This did not go down well with the Rivers State Peoples Democratic Party, PDP-led government which immediately led to the concert been stopped from holding at the state owned facility!

The less than 3'000 capacity Port-harcourt polo club was then choosed as the new venue.
Recall that wizkid has always boasted about hosting shows in huge capacity facilities.

We are just going to keep our fingers crossed and hope For a successful concert.

Source:
https://www.viewsnaija.com/2018/12/exclusivereal-reason-why-wizkids-port.html?m=1

They should direct their help to Borno-Maiduguri
Re: Why Wike Stopped Wizkid's Concert In Port-harcourt From Liberation Stadium by DSoj(m): 1:00pm On Dec 13, 2018
Thank U Wike for stopping the useless show

People are hungry and some idiots are giving artiste 30mil to come and perform for the same hungry people.

We dont have sense. Walai.

Re: Why Wike Stopped Wizkid's Concert In Port-harcourt From Liberation Stadium by almakiyyun(m): 2:03pm On Dec 13, 2018
Godwin5766:
mtcheeeeewww

I know some afonjas won't be Happy about the cancellation.
Sorry dude, no partying, no public kissing and nudity, be a decent boy and stop following bottle breakers or one day they will break bottles on ur head.
Re: Why Wike Stopped Wizkid's Concert In Port-harcourt From Liberation Stadium by Basic123: 2:51pm On Dec 13, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
Buhari led administration started it! Others are merely putting finishing touches to it!

A politics where an opposition is considered an enemy!

Forgetting that when 2 elephant are fighting, it's the grass that suffers.

This is a big lie!
Re: Why Wike Stopped Wizkid's Concert In Port-harcourt From Liberation Stadium by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:06pm On Dec 13, 2018
Basic123:

This is a big lie!
Which one be lie for There Look PDP during their 16years of rule still have respect for people's feelings.

Whenever anything is out in the open like this, they retrace their steps.

I remember the case of Obasanjo and the election in Ekiti. When OBJ realised that Fayose is the people's choice, he retraced his steps

But in this case the reverse is the case! What am I even saying, a government that has no respect for the rule of law undecided

I am happy someone quoted me saying a similar issue happened in Kano and they ended up having it in the person's residence

I have even heard alot on the radio after agreement on the use of the public property and they refused to allow them to use it

The funniest aspect Is many feared that they will not be allowed and the government came through!

They did not disappoint! It's VERY pronounced!

It's disheartening!

Re: Why Wike Stopped Wizkid's Concert In Port-harcourt From Liberation Stadium by badesco(m): 6:20pm On Dec 13, 2018
It is a case tit for tat. The same thing was done by APC to kwankwanso in Abuja....Nigerians expect to see more of such in few days, weeks or months to come. A whooping N30 million for an to perform at a show, while people of Niger Delta are walloping in abject poverty...This is a typical case of misplaced priority.
Re: Why Wike Stopped Wizkid's Concert In Port-harcourt From Liberation Stadium by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 13, 2018
Mophasa:

Please send your CV, i know u need a job so badly
As expected. You people can't disappoint.
Re: Why Wike Stopped Wizkid's Concert In Port-harcourt From Liberation Stadium by miqos02(m): 7:50pm On Dec 13, 2018
festacman:
If na Davido, he go make noiseoooo!
after collecting upfront payment?

I Couldn’t Save My Sister’s Life With All The Money I Had – Adekunle Gold / Wizkid Presents PS5 To His Son, Boluwatife Balogun As Christmas Gift (Video) / Kunle Tokunbo "Dejo Tunfulu" Marries His Fiancee In Lagos (Photos)