Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,567 members, 7,865,373 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:43 PM

Is Anyone Here A Fan Of Ufc (ultimate Fighting Championship)? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Anyone Here A Fan Of Ufc (ultimate Fighting Championship)? (1157 Views)

Nigeria Vs Mali. African U23 Championship (3 - 2) On 29th November 2015 / Caf U23 Championship Qualifier :Nigeria 0 Vs Congo 0 (Live) / I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Anyone Here A Fan Of Ufc (ultimate Fighting Championship)? by bgees(m): 9:29am On Aug 03, 2010
Who in here watches the UFC?
Re: Is Anyone Here A Fan Of Ufc (ultimate Fighting Championship)? by Emfash(m): 11:02am On Aug 03, 2010
A die hard fan is here,did u watch UFC117-Jones vs Matyushenko?One of the shortest main event, Jones took less than 2Mins to dispatch his oppponent. How r u warmin up for the big one UFC 118 ( Sonnen vs Silva) nxt Sunday?
Re: Is Anyone Here A Fan Of Ufc (ultimate Fighting Championship)? by tekajibril(m): 11:34am On Aug 03, 2010
any word on Fedor Emelianko VS Brock Lesnar yet?
Re: Is Anyone Here A Fan Of Ufc (ultimate Fighting Championship)? by bgees(m): 4:24pm On Aug 03, 2010
Brock Lesnar is one tough guy. Once he gets you on the ground, its over. I was a little sad for Carwin. What Lesnar needs is a Lyoto Machida in the same weight category. But I'm sure Emelianenko can do it, but he needs to join the UFC first.
Emfash:

A die hard fan is here,did u watch UFC117-Jones vs Matyushenko?One of the shortest main event, Jones took less than 2Mins to dispatch his oppponent. How r u warmin up for the big one UFC 118 ( Sonnen vs Silva) nxt Sunday?

Jones looks good with the elbows.
Re: Is Anyone Here A Fan Of Ufc (ultimate Fighting Championship)? by tekajibril(m): 5:58pm On Aug 03, 2010
yeah, brock is a beast. but i've watched both men and Fedor is a monster, man. my money is on him any day!!
Re: Is Anyone Here A Fan Of Ufc (ultimate Fighting Championship)? by Emfash(m): 2:41am On Aug 04, 2010
Lets see how Cain Velasquez fare with Brock Lesnar-gonna be a great fight. Cain is a smaller guy with a big heart. Carwin is my man anyday and I am hoping he returns soon
Re: Is Anyone Here A Fan Of Ufc (ultimate Fighting Championship)? by Emfash(m): 9:27am On Aug 10, 2010
All hail the Spider Anderson Silva for defending his title against trash talker Chael Sonnen. All credit to Sonnen but Silva showed why he is widely regarded as the most complete fighter in the UFC,my peeps if u havent been watching the UFC pls start doing so,it will make u hate WWE and the film trick called wrestling.
Re: Is Anyone Here A Fan Of Ufc (ultimate Fighting Championship)? by tekajibril(m): 7:45pm On Aug 10, 2010
Silva was injured, i wanna see Sonnen do that against a fit Silva.
Re: Is Anyone Here A Fan Of Ufc (ultimate Fighting Championship)? by Ibime(m): 8:51pm On Aug 10, 2010
Yes, am a casual observer. . . . havent been watching the last 2 months though. . . always cut off my sports channel subscriptions in the off-season. . . . the last UFC I watched was probably UFC115 with the Rampage vs Evans fight.

Whats been happening since then. . . .
Re: Is Anyone Here A Fan Of Ufc (ultimate Fighting Championship)? by bgees(m): 7:10am On Aug 11, 2010
Anyone awaiting James Toney'sĀ  UFC debut? would he end up like Kimbo Slice?
Ibime:

Yes, am a casual observer. . . . havent been watching the last 2 months though. . . always cut off my sports channel subscriptions in the off-season. . . . the last UFC I watched was probably UFC115 with the Rampage vs Evans fight.

Whats been happening since then. . . .
a lot.
Re: Is Anyone Here A Fan Of Ufc (ultimate Fighting Championship)? by bgees(m): 11:37pm On Aug 20, 2010
lol @ james toney running his mouth.

[flash=480,360]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl9bdM5nTvc[/flash]
Re: Is Anyone Here A Fan Of Ufc (ultimate Fighting Championship)? by Emfash(m): 1:10am On Aug 21, 2010
Toney vs Couture is an intriguing match up. U xpect Toney to trash talk,he is a boxer,heavily fisted and a single blow frm him could knock out Couture cold but the grappling skills and ground game of Couture could prove too strong for debutant Toney.Cant wait for aug 28
Re: Is Anyone Here A Fan Of Ufc (ultimate Fighting Championship)? by smile4kenn(m): 1:23am On Aug 21, 2010
we are here
Re: Is Anyone Here A Fan Of Ufc (ultimate Fighting Championship)? by bgees(m): 8:14am On Aug 21, 2010
Emfash:

Toney vs Couture is an intriguing match up. U xpect Toney to trash talk,he is a boxer,heavily fisted and a single blow frm him could knock out Couture cold but the grappling skills and ground game of Couture could prove too strong for debutant Toney.Cant wait for aug 28

Couture is like a legend - the face of UFC. Toney can't stand a chance. he'll probably end up like Kimbo Slice.
Re: Is Anyone Here A Fan Of Ufc (ultimate Fighting Championship)? by Emfash(m): 2:37pm On Aug 21, 2010
Well ,Toney has a bigger reputation than Kimbo. Remember he has been world boxing champ in 3 different divisions whereas Kimbo was just a steet fighter before joining UFC and his debut was rather disappointing-all muscles,hypes and stuff but no grey matter. I am with u though on Coutoure,he IS a legend of the sport and one of the most experienced,but u neva know. If he allows a standup fight he might be in trouble with a Toney Sucker punch. Verdict -Couture wins on points
Re: Is Anyone Here A Fan Of Ufc (ultimate Fighting Championship)? by bgees(m): 5:34am On Aug 29, 2010
Randy Couture just defeated James Toney via submission in round 1! I was expecting more from James Toney.
Re: Is Anyone Here A Fan Of Ufc (ultimate Fighting Championship)? by Emfash(m): 8:13am On Aug 29, 2010
Not surprised at all. Toney got his tactics all wrong by not preventing a take down. Couture know Tonry had a better chance via standup confrontation and he went for the takedown early, knowing Toney was inexperienced , he submitted him without breaking sweat. Now we know the answer- MMA rules over boxing. The surprise of the night for me was Edgar shutting out BJ Penn. I expected more from the Protegee
Re: Is Anyone Here A Fan Of Ufc (ultimate Fighting Championship)? by candylips(m): 4:43pm On Jan 17, 2011
Randy CoutureĀ  is like 47 years old right. That guy is not human. Bloody great fighter

did any one watch his fight with Tito Ortiz a couple of yrs back
Re: Is Anyone Here A Fan Of Ufc (ultimate Fighting Championship)? by kkkossy(m): 7:00pm On Jun 24, 2018
Who is here? I am a fan
Re: Is Anyone Here A Fan Of Ufc (ultimate Fighting Championship)? by kkkossy(m): 7:18pm On Jun 24, 2018
Pleas can we have more updates in this thread just like the WWE thread. The UFC is a great sport that comprises mixed martial arts and very good fighters around the world. No scripts, like WWE. Do we really have fans in Nigeria?

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Best Strikers In The World 2012/13 / The 30 Worst Soccer Kits You Will Ever See / John Terry Dares John Mikel Obi To Take Ice Bucket Challenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.