Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Crayfish Production - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Crayfish Production (563 Views)

Oron Crayfish And Palmoil Errand Girl / Buying Of Oron Crayfish / Crayfish At Rock Bottom Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crayfish Production by stancod(m): 6:24pm On Dec 13, 2018
gud day fellow farmers , pls i need advise on crayfish production. how to produce, feed & management(types of species). thanks

1 Like

Re: Crayfish Production by okoroemeka(m): 6:46pm On Dec 13, 2018
stancod:
gud day fellow farmers , pls i need advise on crayfish production. how to produce, feed & management(types of species). thanks
two challenge it think you will face is the salt water habitat and the plankton feed.

1 Like

Re: Crayfish Production by potosky: 5:08pm On Dec 14, 2018
okoroemeka:
two challenge it think you will face is the salt water habitat and the plankton feed.
please explain in details
Re: Crayfish Production by okoroemeka(m): 6:12pm On Dec 14, 2018
potosky:
please explain in details
well the little I know from basic fishery is that crayfish is mostly found on salt water or tidal riverine estuary this will make farming of it quite interesting as to the ability of the farmer to maintain the salinity and PH levels of the pond waters. also crayfish feed on planktons,algae and other aquatic micro organisms that live in salt water,obviously the farmer cannot use Artemia,because of cost factor,he can use yellow egg yolk,it works with fish fry may work with crayfish.the main limiting factor will be the habitat,I know about fresh water crayfish but they are not as numerous as the coastal species making me to think that they are two different species.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Serious Nuts Supplier Wanted !cashew Nut Almonds Peeled Sunflower Walnut Peanuts / A Mistake I Made In Agriculture And How I Could Have Avoided It / Castor Seeds And Oil Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.