Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

5 Return Policies You Should Know When Shopping Online - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Return Policies You Should Know When Shopping Online (9785 Views)

IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse / 9 Ways To Get The Best Deal When Shopping For Christmas / How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Return Policies You Should Know When Shopping Online by Opinionated: 11:11am On May 11, 2018

Customers will always remain kings & queens. Successful businesses today are those that are customer-focused. Having utter disregard for customers’ preference, such as cancelling ‘Payment on Delivery’ and compelling customers to pay before an item is delivered, or subtly restricting the customers when it is time to return an item won’t position a business as customer-centric.

The process of ordering a product online has become seamless. You can simply visit the number one & trusted eCommerce store, order your desired product (s) and it will be delivered to your doorstep in 3 to 12 business days within Nigeria. All things being equal, the delivery should be smooth without any hassle and both parties should be happy.

Often, however, there are circumstances that could compel a customer or buyer to return a product probably due to a defect or the wrong product being delivered. Or sometimes, the customer just doesn’t want the product anymore, for no specific reason. The process of returning an item purchased online and refunding the customer shouldn’t be as cumbersome as some eCommerce companies deliberately make it to be. Your trusted online store Jumia Nigeria shares 5 return policies that online shoppers should know.

You Can Return An Item(s) For No Specific Reasons

Although, there are a number of reasons for returning a product: product is wrong, damaged, defective or fake. Or perhaps, you decided you no longer want the item/product (this reason doesn’t apply to Jumia Global items but applies to fashion items only such as underwears, aduIttoys, perfumes, cosmetics, hair extensions and jewellery). However, if at the point of delivery you no longer want an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact. The delivery agent or the pickup centre will assist you in returning the product at no cost to you.

Zero Charges on Returned Items

It will cost you nothing to return a product regardless of the reasons that prompted the return. Jumia will cover the cost. So, as a customer, you do not pay a dime for returning an item. This said it is key to take note of the factors conditioning a return.

100% Refund on Cost of Purchase & Shipping

This is mainly for customers who prepaid for their items. In any case, they return a product, they will get their money back. There will be no deductions. Importantly, the refund time starts from the day the item you would like to return is picked up by a delivery agent to the day the refund process is completed. The refund timeline for Lagos, Ibadan, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Abeokuta and all other cities is 10 business days.

Items Can Be Returned Within 7 Days After Purchase

If you noticed that your item was defective, you should initiate a return within 7 days after purchase. You do this by completing the contact form on Jumia website. Any return process that starts after 7 days will not be treated. But if it is faulty, it may be covered under warranty.

Refund Pickup Timelines

The return pick up time starts from the day you make a request to return an item to the day a delivery agent retrieves the item you plan to return. Also, only two pickup attempts will be made to retrieve the item within 1 to 3 business days in Lagos, Ibadan, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Abeokuta and all other cities. These timelines also apply if you are dropping your returns at a pick-up station.

Source: 5 Return Policies You Should Know When Shopping Online

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Return Policies You Should Know When Shopping Online by Solidkay(m): 11:32am On May 11, 2018
Now that I know.
Thank you OP
Re: 5 Return Policies You Should Know When Shopping Online by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 11, 2018
Customers that return items for no reason are not kings abeg angry

1 Like

Re: 5 Return Policies You Should Know When Shopping Online by Flexherbal(m): 1:53pm On May 11, 2018
Taken !
Re: 5 Return Policies You Should Know When Shopping Online by PotatoSalad(m): 1:53pm On May 11, 2018
Still not using Jumia.
If you don't want to have hbp, run away from Jumia.
Their shopping experience is 0
Customer service 0
Product quality 0
Reliability 0
Ability to cause hbp 100

2 Likes

Re: 5 Return Policies You Should Know When Shopping Online by inoki247: 1:53pm On May 11, 2018
Classified..... i need to open a website where pipul can buy Codeine nd Weed.... first of iz kind in Nigeria...
Re: 5 Return Policies You Should Know When Shopping Online by shamecurls(m): 1:54pm On May 11, 2018
Does it apply to food too.

What in a case if after eating the food and discover it's not tasty. Can I return the empty pack and demand I get served what is deemed fit
Re: 5 Return Policies You Should Know When Shopping Online by moscobabs(m): 1:56pm On May 11, 2018
Jumia return don't work whenever they sell fake goods to you
Re: 5 Return Policies You Should Know When Shopping Online by Greenbuoy(m): 1:56pm On May 11, 2018
Lie kill una there

Re: 5 Return Policies You Should Know When Shopping Online by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 11, 2018
Nigerians barely shop online except for ajebutters among us.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Return Policies You Should Know When Shopping Online by YomiTee123(m): 1:56pm On May 11, 2018
is like ur sense is paining you abi
shamecurls:
Does it apply to food too.

What in a case if after eating the food and discover it's not tasty. Can I return the empty pack and demand I get served what is deemed fit
Re: 5 Return Policies You Should Know When Shopping Online by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 11, 2018
All these applies only on Amazon
Re: 5 Return Policies You Should Know When Shopping Online by chuks34(m): 1:57pm On May 11, 2018
most people don't even know how to shop online with their card

1 Like

Re: 5 Return Policies You Should Know When Shopping Online by Nobody: 2:01pm On May 11, 2018
This is not true and you know it.

PotatoSalad:
Still not using Jumia.
Customer service 0
Product quality 0
Reliability 0
Ability to cause hbp 100

3 Likes

Re: 5 Return Policies You Should Know When Shopping Online by lobell: 2:02pm On May 11, 2018
This is all good and fine but, we are Nigerians and we know how we roll. I had an experience where the seller left the marketplace before my item arrived. The marketplace owners just basically said sorry and that was it. This could have been prevented if there was an escrow service that held my payment until I certified I was okay with the item by reviewing the purchase, the seller and the service.

A 30-day window is reasonable enough to conclude a transaction and provide reviews. This and more have been addressed and taken care of by our all-new marketplace. Get what you paid for or get your money back, period. No time for stories that touch. Sellers are constrained to provide quality products and services or you lose goodwill and clientelle.

Would you like to know more?
Re: 5 Return Policies You Should Know When Shopping Online by PotatoSalad(m): 2:02pm On May 11, 2018
skarlett:
This is not true and you know it.

From experience my dear. Never again
Re: 5 Return Policies You Should Know When Shopping Online by LazyNairalander(m): 2:03pm On May 11, 2018
Thanks op.

Anyway my signature is calling.
Re: 5 Return Policies You Should Know When Shopping Online by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 11, 2018
PotatoSalad:

From experience my dear. Never again

Your call, but there are thousands of people that shop on the site that can vouch for it, myself included

2 Likes

Re: 5 Return Policies You Should Know When Shopping Online by PotatoSalad(m): 2:05pm On May 11, 2018
skarlett:

Your call, but there are thousands of people that shop on the site that can vouch for it, myself included
Try buy electronics from Jumia please
Re: 5 Return Policies You Should Know When Shopping Online by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 11, 2018
PotatoSalad:

Try buy electronics from Jumia please

I haven't had cause to but I bought my phone, laptop and a printer from Jumia. One time I bought a blender that spoiled within the warranty, I returned it and was given another that's still working perfectly last I checked

1 Like

Re: 5 Return Policies You Should Know When Shopping Online by Kelklein(m): 2:09pm On May 11, 2018
The number one return policy I expect to see there is absent...I don't know why they hide it.

YOU DON'T GET BACK CASH FOR RETURN ITEMS. RATHER WHAT YOU GET IS 'A VOUCHER' WORTH THE VALUE OF YOUR REURN ITEM WHICH YOU MUST USE TO BUY ANOTHER ITEM ON THEIR PLATFORM
Re: 5 Return Policies You Should Know When Shopping Online by kudoxs(m): 2:11pm On May 11, 2018
Number 1 point is wrong,
You can't return an item for no reason.
There are reasons which can warrant a return, a defective item,wrong item delivered, or a faulty item if it still within the number of days stated in the return policy.
Re: 5 Return Policies You Should Know When Shopping Online by Dclique(m): 2:18pm On May 11, 2018
The perfume Konga just delivered to me was broken with almost all its content spilled out, i told them about this few minutes after the delivery was made but till now none of those fancy policies above have been implemented.
Re: 5 Return Policies You Should Know When Shopping Online by PotatoSalad(m): 2:19pm On May 11, 2018
skarlett:

I haven't had cause to but I bought my phone, laptop and a printer from Jumia. One time I bought a blender that spoiled within the warranty, I returned it and was given another that's still working perfectly last I checked
You're lucky
Re: 5 Return Policies You Should Know When Shopping Online by Dewze(m): 2:27pm On May 11, 2018
Kelklein:
The number one return policy I expect to see there is absent...I don't know why they hide it.

YOU DON'T GET BACK CASH FOR RETURN ITEMS. RATHER WHAT YOU GET IS 'A VOUCHER' WORTH THE VALUE OF YOUR REURN ITEM WHICH YOU MUST USE TO BUY ANOTHER ITEM ON THEIR PLATFORM

Third on the list.
Re: 5 Return Policies You Should Know When Shopping Online by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 11, 2018
I did some shopping in the UK and when I checked the return policy i saw that it could be returned after a month as far as its in good condition.
I was like WTF, how does a customer get to try a dress or stuff for a month then return it. E don become second hand na. They should just call it a rental store angry
Re: 5 Return Policies You Should Know When Shopping Online by Beemhan(m): 2:47pm On May 11, 2018
PotatoSalad:
Still not using Jumia.
Customer service 0
Product quality 0
Reliability 0
Ability to cause hbp 100
I am disinclined to acquiesce with this assertion.
I shop regularly on Jumia from electronics to fashion items etc and I'm yet to have any problems. As a matter of fact I just had a very good-looking and high-quality pair of flip flops delivered to me in Benin about an hour ago.

The problem with online shopping in Nigeria is that some shoppers are daft and inexperienced. For example if someone sees a shoe online that's a size 10 UK size, instead him or her to Google Search the euro equivalent of a size 10, considering the fact that most Nigeria's are only familiar with the Euro standard for shoe
measurement, the person would just go ahead, make a guess about the size and when a shoe that's bigger or smaller than what the person had in mind is delivered, he or she will rush to Nairaland and cry fowl.

Now I'm not saying Jumia is perfect... Nothing is but they do just fine.

If only online shoppers can apply a bit more common sense while shopping such as reading reviews, and finding out the meanings of terms and standards of measurements they're unfamiliar with, we would all have more good stories to tell than bad ones.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Return Policies You Should Know When Shopping Online by calddon(m): 2:52pm On May 11, 2018
Ndi jumia

(1) (2) (Reply)

Start A Perfume Oil Business With 20k Only / How Second Hand Clothes (Okirika) Are Sorted And Put In Bales In Togo (Photos) / 19 States Recorded N149.45bn IGR In Q3 – NBS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.