Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,220 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Why Real Life Physics CANNOT Be Used For Video Games. You'd Rub Your Chin! - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Why Real Life Physics CANNOT Be Used For Video Games. You'd Rub Your Chin! (943 Views)

FaZe Censor & Yanet Garcia Break Up So He Could Focus More On Video Games / Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time / Video Games That Killed People In Real Life (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Real Life Physics CANNOT Be Used For Video Games. You'd Rub Your Chin! by LucemFerre: 6:24am On Dec 15, 2018
So, a while back I made a post as to the reason why I think video games can never be realistic was because of some sh!t about violence... Too realist... You know what... Scratch that. I take that back.

After watching this video, it opened my eyes to one interesting reason that makes a whole lot of sense and which leads me to think it is impossible to create real-life physics in video games. Not now, and I'm still skeptical whether there can be consoles that can handle realism in the future and used by consumers.

Here's the summary of the video.
Things in the real world happen or behave based on their influence by every single molecule which they are made up of. While objects in games are only represented down to a particle level.
Molecules are 2 or more group of atoms, being the smallest unit that can take part in a reaction.
Particles however, are a portion of matter.

Hmmm... Yea, Now you see me

In games, the particles are shrinked to the smallest unit possible to simulate molecular motion. It is impressive and all but, until gaming platforms are powerful enough to handle physics represented in their molecular form, the uncanny valley of physics in video games will not go away. You can't trick the brain... Well unless it is a fish brain

Have you taken note of the size of workstation used to render those high-budget movies in real time? How many people can afford that? Well, maybe if Bill Gates, Zuckeberg etc. Decide to be gamers, they would.
So you see... Forget realism

But, look on the bright side. We want fun, not realism. And the more realistic it gets, the less fun it gets. No, seriously. The more realistic it gets, the more our brains will try to relate it with reality and the more creepy it gets.

So, join me in saying... Fvck realism (because we won't be able to afford it cheesy) we want fun.

Hmmm... No wonder Nintendo is still very much relevant

Here's the video if you still wanna watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiBB1x_RJL8

Thoughts?

1 Like

Re: Why Real Life Physics CANNOT Be Used For Video Games. You'd Rub Your Chin! by CharlesJok3r: 11:20am On Dec 15, 2018

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Swap My Ps2 With PSP. / Best Site To Download Android Games / Have You Tried This Before

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.