Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

My Honest Review Of The Infinix Note 5 Stylus - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Honest Review Of The Infinix Note 5 Stylus (2471 Views)

Infinix Launches The Most Intelligent Smartphone NOTE 5 Stylus Powered By Google / Infinix Note 5 Pro Stylus (rumour Specs And Images) / My Honest Infinix Hot 5 Review And What I Don't Like About The Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Honest Review Of The Infinix Note 5 Stylus by Nutase: 8:08am On Dec 15, 2018
After reading a lot of positive reviews, I decided to buy the infinix note 5 STYLUS powered by Android one and I must say I am dissapointed at the OS build they used. Most reviews I read before buying this phone was centered on the hardware. I didn't come across any one which gave a honest review of the software. Find below my own observations:

The software lacks the following:

Call Recorder
What is an android phone without an inbuilt call recorder integrated into the software that you can use or set to record automatically. In the Hot Pro series a long press on the finger print scanner can discretely activate the call recording app because it was integrated into the phones OS.

Freezer App
This app is used for storage off apps you do not intend to delete and you also do not often make use of. It helps clear space in the memory of the phone and enables you to eat your cake and still have it.

Xhide App
This is one of the selling points of the Hot pro series and is what made me fall in love with the INFINIX brand. It enables you hide apps, pictures and videos on your phone were no one, i repeat no one can ever find them unless they have the code to the app. I really miss this feature.

Xclub app
This app connects you to other infinix users world wide and also grants you direct access to the developers and programmers of the phone. It is very important because it can help you solve your phone problems at the blink of an eye. Google is important but this app makes google a learner to getting information and up to date news on your Infinix phone.

Calculator App
Can you imagine a phone without a calculator Weird, isnt it? As simple as the calculator app Infinix could not add it to the OS of the phone.

Cleaner app

The Hot PRO series have a cleaner app which seeks your permission before deleting any file it thinks is occupying unnecessary space on your phone, but for the stylus phone i discovered it deletes your files without your permission and i have been unable to trace it to at least see if i can program it to stop this. A very good example is my youtube APP downloads. After using my hard earned data to download youtube videos i want to watch at a more convenient time. I discovered all the videos i downloaded were deleted without my permission by the phone.

Screen Record
Very important app which was omitted too.

I feel the OS is the Achilles heel of the stylus and I pray an update will be done in the near future to address the issues raised above.

NB: I no someone will tell me to go and download these app in the play store. The inconvenience of downloading and deleting apps until you get the appropriate one to use is exhausting.

Lalasticlala , mynd44

2 Likes

Re: My Honest Review Of The Infinix Note 5 Stylus by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 4:22pm On Dec 15, 2018
note 5 stylus runs on android one(which is pure android without no software skin ontop) which means that it cant come with- XUI, the infinix "software skin",all these features u talk about belong to XUI so u shouldnt expect them on the device. The benefit of using android one is that u get fast updates of the latest android versions as they are released, something u dont get with the hot 6 pro u were talking about!! So if u want all these features dont buy an infinix phone running on android one
Re: My Honest Review Of The Infinix Note 5 Stylus by fibonacci2526: 9:36pm On Dec 15, 2018
OP the fault is yours for not knowing or reading up about the software of the phone, it is an android one device and this is all you will get. No software update can change that

1 Like

Re: My Honest Review Of The Infinix Note 5 Stylus by Mrlouis: 1:04am On Dec 16, 2018
Numbskull.. its an Android one device

1 Like

Re: My Honest Review Of The Infinix Note 5 Stylus by drjprince: 6:35am On Dec 16, 2018
This guy is dumb
Re: My Honest Review Of The Infinix Note 5 Stylus by Ejadike(m): 7:22am On Dec 16, 2018
You should have made enough enquiries before buying it
Re: My Honest Review Of The Infinix Note 5 Stylus by Norman4real(m): 10:23am On Dec 16, 2018
Your ignorance is to blame coz you probably weren't aware of what an "android one" phone is. None the less it's weird that Google didn't include some basic apps But however all these apps you speak of like calculator, call record etc can easily be downloaded so I don't see the problem here.
Re: My Honest Review Of The Infinix Note 5 Stylus by 10thElement: 11:48am On Dec 16, 2018
Mumu go back to torch light phone....

(1) (Reply)

ENDED: Tecno Camon 12air Giveaway By HENRYNEO / I Just Bought My Phone Few Days Ago and I Need Help Already / How To Transfer Airtime/credit From Airtel To MTN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.