Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? (1891 Views)

Discovery Of Galilee Boat From Jesus' Time Proves Bible Accurate - Video, Photos / Apostle Suleman Reacts To Anti-Adeboye Protesters / Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by CodeTemplar: 5:51pm On Dec 15, 2018
Judas was a treasurer among the disciples, managing the wealth of Jesus/Jesus Church, so how was the church run? I hope this gets to daddy-Freeze himself.

I need simple direct answers.
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by kitaatita: 5:54pm On Dec 15, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Judas was a treasurer among the disciples, managing the wealth of Jesus/Jesus Church, so how was the church run? I hope this gets to daddy-Freeze himself.

I need simple direct answers.

1. From each according to his means and to each according to his needs.
2. Freewill gifts and donations
3. Volunteering

5 Likes

Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by CodeTemplar: 6:03pm On Dec 15, 2018
kitaatita:

1. From each according to his means and to each according to his needs.
2. Freewill gifts and donations
3. Volunteering

hmmm . . . Are u against tithes like freeze?
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by PHC4(m): 6:35pm On Dec 15, 2018
1 Corinthians 16 v 1- 2.....

16:1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.

16:2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

2 Corinthians 9 v 5 - 8

9:5 Therefore I thought it necessary to exhort the brethren, that they would go before unto you, and make up beforehand your bounty, whereof ye had notice before, that the same might be ready, as a matter of bounty, and not as of covetousness.

9:6 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.

9:7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

Luke 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

Tithing was for the Jews due to their inheritance. Only ten tribes got land to farm while the Levi and House of Aaron were to care for the temple and their spiritual needs at the temple.

God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by Seun(m): 6:53pm On Dec 15, 2018
CodeTemplar:
hmmm . . . Are u against tithes like freeze?
Do you believe that Jesus demanded monetary tithes from his followers when he was still alive?

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by alBHAGDADI: 7:34pm On Dec 15, 2018
Seun:

Do you believe that Jesus demanded monetary tithes from his followers when he was still alive?
How did he get the money Judas was in charge of?

1 Like

Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by CodeTemplar: 7:42pm On Dec 15, 2018
Seun:

He encouraged it in Mathew 23 : 23.
I consider that an implicit demand.
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by Omololu001: 8:10pm On Dec 15, 2018
I can never pay tithes in all this churches owned by a single person were they see him as a god..I can't pay tithes in chuches like redeem,winners chapel,deeper life etc
I know of a Nigerian man in USA, he is a pastor,redeem sponsored him to the USA to start a church in the 90's but he is now running his own church, he now has two branch in Lagos and one in Ondo state, he is about to buy a property in Maryland and build a church on it...he ones said to me that church is a business.

My parent do attend Baptist church, I don't go to church but that's the only church I can pay tithe cause if the way baptist church is structured, people ask question about how money is been spent not like all this one man church were the head pastor use money to buy private jet and live a good life with his family

2 Likes

Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by alBHAGDADI: 8:21pm On Dec 15, 2018
Omololu001:
I can never pay tithes in all this churches owned by a single person were they see him as a god..I can't pay tithes in chuches like redeem,winners chapel,deeper life etc
I know of a Nigerian man in USA, he is a pastor,redeem sponsored him to the USA to start a church in the 90's but he is now running his own church, he now has two branch in Lagos and one in Ondo state, he is about to buy a property in Maryland and build a church on it...he ones said to me that church is a business.

My parent do attend Baptist church, I don't go to church but that's the only church I can pay tithe cause if the way baptist church is structured, people ask question about how money is been spent not like all this one man church were the head pastor use money to buy private jet and live a good life with his family

Baptist Churches are very right. They preach the once saved always saved doctrine which is the true doctrine of salvation. That's the Church I want to start attending and pay my tithe there as from January 2019. May God help me.

As for all these Pentecostal churches, they are just fraud and have brought shame to the body of Christ.

2 Likes

Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by Omololu001: 9:12pm On Dec 15, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Baptist Churches are very right. They preach then once saved always saved doctrine which is the true doctrine of salvation. That's the Church I want to start attending and pay my tithe there as from January 2019. May God help me.

As for all these Pentecostal churches, they are just fraud and have brought shame to the body of Christ.
in Baptist church, pastors don't have the final say, they do have committee that makes decision and pastors only rely on the salaries the church they preach in feels they can pay the pastor,renting of house,buying of car and other stuff like that for the pastor is decided by the committee which is made up of some of the church members...it's not a situation where what a pastor say is the final, for example if the pastor want his salary to be increase or he wanna go for any program and wants the church to sponsor him, if most member of the committee are against the church sponsoring the pastor to the program is either he sponsor himself or sit down at his house...concerning increasing the pastor salary, if majority of the committee member are against increasing the pastor salary,the pastor will have two choice stay and be collecting the salary like that or leave.

1 Like

Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by CodeTemplar: 10:29pm On Dec 15, 2018
Omololu001:

Well Winners ( LFC ) do use their jet for the world mission runs and I wonder how you know it is the GO or head pastor enjoying it. Even junior pastor can use it if there be demand for such.
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by alBHAGDADI: 2:09am On Dec 16, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Well Winners ( LFC ) do use their jet for the world mission runs and I wonder how you know it is the GO or head pastor enjoying it. Even junior pastor can use it if there be demand for such.
Is anything wrong with commercial airlines?

2 Likes

Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by CodeTemplar: 6:07am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Is anything wrong with commercial airlines?
yes. flight connecting African nnations that are expected totake less than 24 hrs sometimes take over a week and cost more because of empty seats cost they have to transfer to those boarding the flight.

If you think a church that hates wastage and manages resource at unprecedented level will go buy a jet and start running it wastefully then you are mistaken. Winners built a 15 mw plant at N1.8Bn, show me any church or govt that beats that. Check their covenant uni stadium cost to quality ratio and show me a better one around.
check their senate building cost also and compare it to popular govt buildings like the N24Bn EFCC building (EFCC oh and not NNPC).
There are private individuals with far less travelling to do that own jets and I dont know what you expect a church with over 20,000 employee and many stations across Africa to do. Dangote and his top staffs don't travel as much as winners pastors combined but they have a jet. Dont forget these same jets sometimes serve as relief material cargo plane.

Let us be honest, the church (winners / redeem etc ) needs more jets and that doesn't mean everybody needs a private jet like some much smaller ministries with few stations within Nigeria are trying to make it a thing of fashion.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by alBHAGDADI: 7:17am On Dec 16, 2018
CodeTemplar:
yes. flight connecting African nnations that are expected totake less than 24 hrs sometimes take over a week and cost more because of empty seats cost they have to transfer to those boarding the flight.

If you think a church that hates wastage and manages resource at unprecedented level will go buy a jet and start running it wastefully then you are mistaken. Winners built a 15 mw plant at N1.8Bn, show me any church or govt that beats that. Check their covenant uni stadium cost to quality ratio and show me a better one around.
check their senate building cost also and compare it to popular govt buildings like the N24Bn EFCC building (EFCC oh and not NNPC).
There are private individuals with far less travelling to do that own jets and I dont know what you expect a church with over 20,000 employee and many stations across Africa to do. Dangote and his top staffs don't travel as much as winners pastors combined but they have a jet. Dont forget these same jets sometimes serve as relief material cargo plane.

Let us be honest, the church (winners / redeem etc ) needs more jets and that doesn't mean everybody needs a private jet like some much smaller ministries with few stations within Nigeria are trying to make it a thing of fashion.

Are those jets belonging to the church or the GOs?

If it takes that long to connect African countries, then what is the big deal? You even said it is because commercial airlines are usually empty seats, but you went on to mention pastors of churches traveling in bulk. Can't they all fill those empty seats?

I have no huge problem with churches having private jets especially when the church is not owned by one individual who is Lord over all.
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by CodeTemplar: 7:22am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Are those jets belonging to the church or the GOs?

If it takes that long to connect African countries, then what is the big deal? You even said it is because commercial airlines are usually empty seats, but you went on to mention pastors of churches traveling in bulk. Can't they all fill those empty seats?

I have no huge problem with churches having private jets especially when the church is not owned by one individual who is Lord over all.
The belong to the church and are used by the church for winners and redeem that I know. Some other small churches use them a GO property though. Like Oritsejafo's own.

The private jets are usually less than 10 seats in capacity unlike commercial flights of 50 seats and above. If pastors decide to fill the commercial flights for filling sake then they will have to incur another kind of wastage again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by alBHAGDADI: 7:31am On Dec 16, 2018
CodeTemplar:

The belong to the church and are used by the church for winners and redeem that I know. Some other small churches use them a GO property though. Like Oritsejafo's own.

The private jets are usually less than 10 seats in capacity unlike commercial flights of 50 seats and above. If pastors decide to fill the commercial flights for filling sake then they will have to incur another kind of wastage again.

Be sincere, who owns RCCG and Winners Chapel?
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by CodeTemplar: 7:38am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Be sincere, who owns RCCG and Winners Chapel?
To me, God does. That's why adeboye was able to become GO after their former GO. Adeboye wont be there forever. So God owns the church and sent his prophets to oversee them.

Who owns Nigeria by the way?
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by alBHAGDADI: 7:47am On Dec 16, 2018
CodeTemplar:
To me, God does. That's why adeboye was able to become GO after their former GO. Adeboye wont be there forever. So God owns the church and sent his prophets to oversee them.

Who owns Nigeria by the way?
We will know who owns them when those men die.
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by akeensbussy(m): 8:43am On Dec 16, 2018
Truly, Religion is scam

2 Likes

Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by LordReed(m): 11:36am On Dec 16, 2018
CodeTemplar:

OK so when a pastor in Port Harcourt wants to travel to Kano they send the jet to him?
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by CodeTemplar: 1:52pm On Dec 16, 2018
LordReed:

OK so when a pastor in Port Harcourt wants to travel to Kano they send the jet to him?
Not neccesarily. Kano-phc is a busy route and i don't think it is wise to spend more the cost of kano-phc to fuel the jet.
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by CodeTemplar: 1:53pm On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
We will know who owns them when those men die.
did rccg former go hand over to his family?
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by LordReed(m): 2:07pm On Dec 16, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Not neccesarily. Kano-phc is a busy route and i don't think it is wise to spend more the cost of kano-phc to fuel the jet.

So under what circumstances does any of the junior pastors get to use the jet?
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by CodeTemplar: 2:16pm On Dec 16, 2018
LordReed:

So under what circumstances does any of the junior pastors get to use the jet?
like i said earlier intra africa national movement is extremely unpredictable. Also aids to certain crisis prone nations require a junior pastor and not the GO.
To me the church needs a bigger aircraft as the smaller one have to make too many trips at times.
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by LordReed(m): 2:59pm On Dec 16, 2018
CodeTemplar:
like i said earlier intra africa national movement is extremely unpredictable. Also aids to certain crisis prone nations require a junior pastor and not the GO.
To me the church needs a bigger aircraft as the smaller one have to make too many trips at times.

And these situations justify paying the daily toll for parking the jet(s) as opposed to just hiring one when you need it?
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by CodeTemplar: 4:02pm On Dec 16, 2018
LordReed:

And these situations justify paying the daily toll for parking the jet(s) as opposed to just hiring one when you need it?
if people who barely use theirs for pleasure park and pay for it why not a church that is always using theirs?

How much does it cost hire one by the way? Also do you think hiring one will be economically a wise way to go when they use it more than they park it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by CodeTemplar: 4:07pm On Dec 16, 2018
LordReed:

stop feigning ignorance and dont try to force words i dont mean out of me. Its use is mostly for movement that dont match the public airline movement or international missions. Get it?
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by LordReed(m): 4:09pm On Dec 16, 2018
CodeTemplar:
stop feigning ignorance and dont try to force words i dont mean out of me. Its use is mostly for movement that dont match the public airline movement or international missions. Get it?

Did you get a brain touch? You already answered this so what is causing this aggression now?
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by LordReed(m): 4:10pm On Dec 16, 2018
CodeTemplar:
if people who barely use theirs for pleasure park and pay for it why not a church that is always using theirs?

How much does it cost hire one by the way? Also do you think hiring one will be economically a wise way to go when they use it more than they park it?

How frequently do they use it? Every day? Once a week?
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by CodeTemplar: 4:19pm On Dec 16, 2018
LordReed:

How frequently do they use it? Every day? Once a week?
they use it almost every week in winners ( oyedepo ). Its most busy period of use is the church leadership needs to go round the major state branches and intl stations. It can be in persistent use for months. Imagine going to two branches per state then just 10 of the africa based international stations yearly. Add the more unpredictable aid mission to it also.
That's almost a busy allround yearly schedule. People just saw picture of Oyedepo using it and they assume he is going to play golf or just flying it. He works more than 19 hrs a day and hardly rests.
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by CodeTemplar: 4:23pm On Dec 16, 2018
LordReed:

Did you get a brain touch? You already answered this so what is causing this aggression now?
i thought you asked it twice. Apology tenderred.
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by awesomeJ(m): 11:47pm On Jan 02, 2019
Seun:

He received and accepted monetary support. Even had a treasurer.

Nobody demands tithe in my church. They just make the call to whoever has chosen to come to church with his. Try go to a real church, you'll find nobody drags you up your seat if you never step out to pay tithe or give offerings. No matter how long you refrain from giving, you'd still be welcome in church.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Popular Onitsha Based Pastor, Emeka Odumeje Set To Walk On Water Like Jesus / I Saw "Two Ways" (one Going Up, the Other Going Down) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Calculates Date Of Rapture With ‘Almighty Formular'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.